Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Foods you miss

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They're probably not something I would seek out, but they used to have one right by where I worked and we would all go over there together. I thought fast food Italian sounded gross before that, but I really liked some of the things they served.
    Fazoli's is actually quite good for fast food Italian. It's a lot better than chain slow food Italian. I don't think I will ever eat at the Olive Garden near me again. Their noodles are always overcooked and that's pretty bad since Italian restaurants are known for pasta.

Most of the Sonics in my area closed down several years ago, but one finally opened back up close to me.

I wish a Quiznos would open back up. They are the place I really miss!
    Really?! Growing up, there were at least 3 Sonic's in my area. There's one near me now, but I'm not sure how well they are doing. They've been shutdown and reopened a lot due to bad management. Each new manager will get on our local Facebook page asking people to come check them out, because they're "under new management."

There's a few Quizno's in Florida that are open. You might just have to go for a drive. I know there's on in Kingsland, GA, but looks like there's one in Jacksonville also. I'm going to have to get my husband to take me to the one in Jacksonville one day.

My favorite sandwich shops are McAlister's (comeback gravy... mmmhh!!!) and Newk's (caesar salad with salmon, artichoke hearts, olives, and capers). Do you have any favorites?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post

There's a few Quizno's in Florida that are open. You might just have to go for a drive. I know there's on in Kingsland, GA, but looks like there's one in Jacksonville also. I'm going to have to get my husband to take me to the one in Jacksonville one day.

My favorite sandwich shops are McAlister's (comeback gravy... mmmhh!!!) and Newk's (caesar salad with salmon, artichoke hearts, olives, and capers). Do you have any favorites?
    There are several Quiznos in Florida, but the ones anywhere near me (read less than hours away) are in a gas station, and I don't really like to eat at restaurants in gas stations (call me a snob, lol)

I think there is a McAlister's near me, but I've never been there. I might have to try it out now.

I am boring when it comes to sandwiches....I will eat Subway or Firehouse, and I loved Quiznos. I am not a fan of Jimmy John's, and I have never tried Jersey Mikes. That's all the sub shops I can think of that are near me.

There are several Quiznos in Florida, but the ones anywhere near me (read less than hours away) are in a gas station, and I don't really like to eat at restaurants in gas stations (call me a snob, lol)

I think there is a McAlister's near me, but I've never been there. I might have to try it out now.

I am boring when it comes to sandwiches....I will eat Subway or Firehouse, and I loved Quiznos. I am not a fan of Jimmy John's, and I have never tried Jersey Mikes. That's all the sub shops I can think of that are near me.
    There's Mr. Pickles in my area, never tried them though.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah. The one in Kingsland is a gas station. I'm not sure about Jacksonville.

Try McAlister's comeback gravy! It's the best!
    My husband likes their loaded spuds.
    I personally don't think you can go wrong with any of their soups or salads.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

This road trip has allowed me to indulge in my Jack In The Box taco love!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    While you're out in eastern NM and west Texas, eat at a Taco Villa. That is the one thing that I truly miss from living in that area, and I haven't had it in over 15 years.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    We call them "Cat Food Tacos". They're super yummy, especially after you've been drinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Gonna be some more things for people to miss soon:

https://www.businessinsider.com/drin...-discontinuing

Beverage giant Coca-Cola will stop selling about 200 brands soon, cutting its offerings in half. Tab, Zico, and Odwalla have been publicly axed, with more to come, the company said on an earnings call.

Coke hasn't yet named all the brands it will drop, but CEO James Quincey said that there will likely be more cuts in the "hydration" category that encompasses Smart Water and Powerade. Back in July, Quincey said that half of Coca-Cola's portfolio generated only 2% of revenue. Going forward, the company will focus on the biggest brands, like Coke and Sprite.

Here are all the brands that have been discontinued so far.

Coca-Cola is retiring 70s icon Tab at the end of 2020, triggering nostalgia in some fans.

In early October, Coke confirmed it would stop producing Zico coconut water in coming months.

Back in July, Coke announced plans to drop struggling juice brand Odwalla, along with 300 jobs.

The company confirmed that Coke Life, a version of Coke flavored with Stevia leaf extract that debuted in 2014, is on the chopping block.

Diet Coke Feisty Cherry is another flavor getting cut.

Regional Virginia brand Great Neck Northern Ale is another casualty

Regional grape drink Delaware Punch was also eliminated.

Sprite Lymonade is another flavor getting discontinued by Coke.

Some brands under Coke's "hydration" category, which includes Dasani and Smart Water, are also likely to be removed going forward.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Most of those suck so I'm not sad, but I actually like Diet Coke Feisty Cherry
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Sprite Lymonade? Dammit, I've never even heard of that.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Never heard of most of them, but Smart Water? Nooooooooo

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Somebody just reminded me about this on twitter, completely forgot about it. Loved it as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Somebody just reminded me about this on twitter, completely forgot about it. Loved it as a kid.
    That looks so nasty!

That looks so nasty!
    It was kinda like a chocolate phosphate.

What's that?

It looks like it would be a chocolate soda. Yuck.

What's that?
    It's an old drink I believe from prohibition days when instead of bars they had soda shops. It's just seltzer water with chocolate syrup sometimes you get it with ice cream, think root beer float. My grandma used to make them for me.
    Last edited by puke; 10-29-2020 at 09:58 AM.

It's an old drink I believe from prohibition days when instead of bars they had soda shops. It's just seltzer water with chocolate syrup sometimes you get it with ice cream, think root beer float. My grandma used to make them for me.
    Learn something new every day. I've never heard of it. I've had a root beer or coke float, but not this.

We call them "Cat Food Tacos". They're super yummy, especially after you've been drinking
    Hahaha - that's what I've always called them too! But they're the BEST!

Gonna be some more things for people to miss soon:

https://www.businessinsider.com/drin...-discontinuing
    I'm not a soda drinker, but the soda aisle of any US supermarket is one of the things that overwhelms me when I return from an extended stay in Europe. In Scotland, these are my soda choices: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite (aka "lemonade"), Ginger Ale, and Fanta. Also, IronBru - a local delight that makes Mountain Dew look like a diet drink. That's it - six flavors. Soda takes up very little space on my grocer's shelves. In the US, there is an entire aisle devoted to soda and I can buy strawberry banana pineapple fizz and diet grape cherry lime delight.

The thought of chocolate soda makes me gag.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Anyone remember the pink juice from the 90's called Mauna La'i. I loved that stuff!

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Fazoli's is actually quite good for fast food Italian. It's a lot better than chain slow food Italian. I don't think I will ever eat at the Olive Garden near me again. Their noodles are always overcooked and that's pretty bad since Italian restaurants are known for pasta.

Really?! Growing up, there were at least 3 Sonic's in my area. There's one near me now, but I'm not sure how well they are doing. They've been shutdown and reopened a lot due to bad management. Each new manager will get on our local Facebook page asking people to come check them out, because they're "under new management."

I was pissed the last time I got Olive Garden. It was barely edible. Is garlic bread not Italian food? Why doesn't anyone sell it? I just avoid most fast food. Although I'm not going to lie, I love Domino's hand tossed mushroom and spinach pizza. I also love their stuffed cheese bread. I also like Pizza Huts personal pan pizza and their cheese sticks. They aren't discontinued. I should've posted this in the food thread.

The only discontinued food I miss are those Graham cracker peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They were so good and I only got them from the summer food programs in Chicago. Those who grew up in Chicago have to remember Daley Days. It was a free day of fun put on by mayor Daley.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I was pissed the last time I got Olive Garden. It was barely edible. Is garlic bread not Italian food? Why doesn't anyone sell it? I just avoid most fast food. Although I'm not going to lie, I love Domino's hand tossed mushroom and spinach pizza. I also love their stuffed cheese bread. I also like Pizza Huts personal pan pizza and their cheese sticks. They aren't discontinued. I should've posted this in the food thread.

The only discontinued food I miss are those Graham cracker peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They were so good and I only got them from the summer food programs in Chicago. Those who grew up in Chicago have to remember Daley Days. It was a free day of fun put on by mayor Daley.
    I love Pizza Hut pan pizza-it's the best pizza! You should go to some local Italian place, I bet they would have great garlic bread! Just order that to go.

I love Pizza Hut pan pizza-it's the best pizza! You should go to some local Italian place, I bet they would have great garlic bread! Just order that to go.
    I've looked, not a single place sells it. I'm like wtf... Is that not the best Italian food? I can't even find brushetta here.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I've looked, not a single place sells it. I'm like wtf... Is that not the best Italian food? I can't even find brushetta here.
    Never had brushetta, but I garlic bread.

Never had brushetta, but I garlic bread.
    I love bread, brushetta is slices of baguette toasted with tomatoes on top.

Thread Information