Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Foods you miss

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    All the restaurants here are desperate for help. It's crazy.

I'm really surprised any buffet restaurant is still in business. I have no idea how Golden Corral is operating.
    I can't believe the number of people who are eating at buffets here! Golden Corral is busy and Pizza Ranch are both busy. We drive up to pick up a pizza now and then, but won't darken their door.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I gave up on any local stores ever carrying the gyro meat again, including Sams, and ordered some from Amazon. Now I am back to having delicious gyros at home again!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I gave up on any local stores ever carrying the gyro meat again, including Sams, and ordered some from Amazon. Now I am back to having delicious gyros at home again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I love gyros. Which one did you order from Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I love gyros. Which one did you order from Amazon?
    This is what I ordered. It's delicious, just a huge order. I would suggest splitting with a friend and you will have to re-package it.

https://www.amazon.com/Kronos-Frozen...s%2C113&sr=8-3

All the restaurants here are desperate for help. It's crazy.

I'm really surprised any buffet restaurant is still in business. I have no idea how Golden Corral is operating.
    They're not. My Golden Corral closed. They opened up one of those Hungry Crabs in its place.
    I will never eat at any chain restaurants called Juicy Crab, Hungry Crab, or Crazy Crab that serves low country boils in a bag. They're always overpriced and overcooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    They're not. My Golden Corral closed. They opened up one of those Hungry Crabs in its place.
    I will never eat at any chain restaurants called Juicy Crab, Hungry Crab, or Crazy Crab that serves low country boils in a bag. They're always overpriced and overcooked.
    I like seafood, but that sounds gross.

This is what I ordered. It's delicious, just a huge order. I would suggest splitting with a friend and you will have to re-package it.

https://www.amazon.com/Kronos-Frozen...s%2C113&sr=8-3
    Wow, that is a lot, but a really good price. Do you make your own T sauce?

Wow, that is a lot, but a really good price. Do you make your own T sauce?
    Yeah, it's super simple, basically just yogurt, spices, and cucumber. I get really good pitas at Sams. It's these pitas. http://villagebread.com/Home/Product...?ProductID=133

Yeah, it's super simple, basically just yogurt, spices, and cucumber. I get really good pitas at Sams. It's these pitas. http://villagebread.com/Home/Product...?ProductID=133
    I am going to start making my own gyros now. Thanks!!!

I am going to start making my own gyros now. Thanks!!!
    Yay! I hope you really enjoy the results!

I just found out that all of the Fuddruckers in Central Florida went out of business. I haven't eaten in Fuddruckers in forever, but I was craving it and now I am out of luck.

Fuddruckers The one close to my house closed down a while back but there's stll one we go to but it's kind of a drive to get there.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I just found out that all of the Fuddruckers in Central Florida went out of business. I haven't eaten in Fuddruckers in forever, but I was craving it and now I am out of luck.
    I had a friend in high school that worked there, we used to get free food! It closed down a while ago, haven't seen any other ones in my area...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Fuddruckers The one close to my house closed down a while back but there's stll one we go to but it's kind of a drive to get there.
    The one we went to was kind of a drive to get to, but now all of them in my area are gone.

I like seafood, but that sounds gross.
    The food is okay, but it's not worth the price. The last time we went to a crab place, my husband got two small clusters of king crab and two small potatoes in his low country boil. He was pissed!
    The crab place that just opened has a review grade of 2.8 and they opened at the end of January. I don't see them surviving a year.

My husband loves the tzatziki sauce made by Boar's Head.

The next time, you come up my way, there's a Fuddruckers in Richmond Hill. I've only been to a Fuddruckers once. I don't understand why you go up to a counter to order, get your food, fill up your drink, you sit down, then some server comes over and tells you they'll be waiting on you. WTF?! I haven't been back, because of that.

Fuddruckers had bomb chicken strips!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yay! I'm glad it's back! I just bought Rain.

https://guiltyeats.com/2022/03/11/re...pple-elements/

Does anyone remember Shakey's Pizza?
    Oh yeaaaah, it was very tasty

Mega M&M's

Thanks to some friends, I now have at least a few month's supply of Crystal Light lemonade. So I'm not missing that.

I found a decent pizza in our village after many hits and misses so I'm happy with that.

Nothing will ever replace Dill Pickles from the US. I'll have to just accept that. Unlike Crystal Light, it does not ship or travel well either. I can order them online from a bodega shop we have out here as a special treat every once in a while though.

ETA: I think the most annoying thing about here is their obsession with sugar. EVERYTHING is sweet. Italian Dressing is super sweet here. Buffalo Wings are even sweet. Name a food item and is sweet instead of savory. All of the dressings. Blue Cheese, Cesar.... Everything. I'm looking in to making my own because Ranch doesn't even exist here either. I only like Ranch with fries so I wouldn't need it too often, but it's something I'll miss. All pickled items are sweet. Tomato soup is sweet. It's stupid.

Sour candy doesn't exist here. No sour gummies at all. They just don't do sour for some reason.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 08-30-2022 at 03:57 AM.

Thanks to some friends, I now have at least a few month's supply of Crystal Light lemonade. So I'm not missing that.

I found a decent pizza in our village after many hits and misses so I'm happy with that.

Nothing will ever replace Dill Pickles from the US. I'll have to just accept that. Unlike Crystal Light, it does not ship or travel well either. I can order them online from a bodega shop we have out here as a special treat every once in a while though.

ETA: I think the most annoying thing about here is their obsession with sugar. EVERYTHING is sweet. Italian Dressing is super sweet here. Buffalo Wings are even sweet. Name a food item and is sweet instead of savory. All of the dressings. Blue Cheese, Cesar.... Everything. I'm looking in to making my own because Ranch doesn't even exist here either. I only like Ranch with fries so I wouldn't need it too often, but it's something I'll miss. All pickled items are sweet. Tomato soup is sweet. It's stupid.

Sour candy doesn't exist here. No sour gummies at all. They just don't do sour for some reason.
    That is super odd about how sweet everything is there. Our British family always complain about how sweet everything is here when they visit. I wonder if it is an Irish thing?

I love sour candy!

Have you tried the Spicy Dill Pickle chips? They are so good, especially if you put them in a sandwich.

I love sour candy!

Have you tried the Spicy Dill Pickle chips? They are so good, especially if you put them in a sandwich.
    We don't have any dill pickle chips here

We don't have any dill pickle chips here
    You can order them pretty much anywhere, they area flavor from Ruffles:

https://www.target.com/p/xxl-ruffles...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thread Information