Thread: Four members of Massachusetts family killed in crash near Disney World (Josephine Fay, 76), (Julie Smith, 41), (Jaxon Smith, 11), (Scarlett Smith, 5)

Four members of Massachusetts family killed in crash near Disney World (Josephine Fay, 76), (Julie Smith, 41), (Jaxon Smith, 11), (Scarlett Smith, 5)

https://nypost.com/2020/02/20/four-m...sney-vacation/

Four members of a Massachusetts family ? including a 5-year-old girl, her 11-year-old brother and their mother ? were killed when their van was rear-ended by a pickup truck near Walt Disney World in Florida, according to reports.

The family of eight from Whitman was traveling just south of Disney World near Celebration when the rental van was slammed by the truck at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, sending it onto its side and into two other vehicles, NBC Boston reported.

Scarlett Smith, 5, her mom, Julie Smith, 41, and the girl?s grandmother Josephine Fay, 76, were killed at the scene, police said. Jaxon Smith, 11, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital Wednesday.

The 5-year-old?s twin sister, Skylar, 10-year-old sister Shalie, their dad, Shane, 43, and their grandfather William Fay, 76, suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

?We believe everybody was belted, but the father who was driving,? Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Kim Montes said, according to clickorlando.com.

?I think everybody is just in shock any time kids are involved,? she said. ?The troopers that called me and told me about it were very upset because kids were involved.?

Some Massachusetts media outlets reported that the family was on a trip to Disney World, but that could not be confirmed. Montes did not immediately respond to a message from The Post.

Charges were pending against the pickup truck?s driver, Lucas Dos Reis Laurindo, 26, of Kissimmee, police said, adding that he did not seem to be impaired and voluntarily provided a blood sample, clickorlando.com reported.

On Wednesday night, residents in the tragic family?s neighborhood in Whitman lit candles in memory of the victims.

?It?s very hard to comprehend. Our hearts are absolutely broken,? Sheila Howard told WCVB. ?It?s just a sad thing to think about. I had just seen the kids, you know, and you have that vision of them playing in the yard.?

Osceola County Fire Rescue and EMS at the scene of the accident that killed fourOsceola County Fire Rescue and E
    The twins? preschool teacher told the news outlet that the girls had been eagerly anticipating their trip to Florida.

?The girls were very excited about going. They couldn?t wait,? Darlene Staples told WCVB. ?They were a wonderful family. They did a lot of trips together.

?Our hearts are absolutely broken. We?re just trying to get through (the day).?

Helen Iannone, who runs the youth soccer league that Jaxon played, said ?there?s a lot of tears in this town right now,? CBS Boston reported.

Whitman-Hanson Schools Superintendent Jeffrey Szymaniak said mental health professionals will be available Friday at Hanson Middle School, where Jaxon was a student.

?It?s a sad day here in Whitman-Hanson,? Szymaniak said. ?It?s awful ? it really is. ? I think the family should be in our thoughts and prayers.?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    My God. The hurt. That poor Father. He was driving and not wearing a seat belt and to see his wife and kids dead. Wearing seat belts and you behind the wheel. Cannot. Imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

It?s weird how exactly half of the cars passengers died and half lived. I?m surprised the dad survived.

I'm surprised the dad wasn't thrown out the windshield.
    I know a guy who doesn't wear a seatbelt.
    I think it's because he's obese and he thinks all his fat will keep him inside the vehicle. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm surprised the dad wasn't thrown out the windshield.
    I know a guy who doesn't wear a seatbelt.
    I think it's because he's obese and he thinks all his fat will keep him inside the vehicle. *shrugs*
    I hate wearing a seatbelt. I'm short and it rides up on me. After I was in a car accident where I flipped upside down, it became worse. It was all I could do to get a hand between my neck and the belt until someone could hit the release. I know someone who was strangled to death the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    I hate wearing a seatbelt. I'm short and it rides up on me. After I was in a car accident where I flipped upside down, it became worse. It was all I could do to get a hand between my neck and the belt until someone could hit the release. I know someone who was strangled to death the same way.
    I'm glad you got out alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

That's awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Thread Information