Thread: Google manager arrested after wife?s (Smriti Saxena, 41) body found on Hawaii beach

Google manager arrested after wife?s (Smriti Saxena, 41) body found on Hawaii beach

https://nypost.com/2020/02/20/google...-hawaii-beach/

A Google product manager from Washington state was arrested in Hawaii following the discovery of his wife?s body, police and reports said.

Sonam Saxena, 43, of Bellevue, WA was arrested on one count of murder in the second-degree Wednesday after Hawaii Island police found a female body believed to be Saxena?s wife, Smriti Saxena, 41, in the district of South Kohala near ʻAnaehoʻomalu Bay, Big Island Now reported. The couple was on a trip with their two children.

Smriti had been reported as a missing person and was last seen on Tuesday evening, according to police.

An autopsy will determine the woman?s cause of death.

Cops have not released the identity of the body that was found but did say it was located in the general area where Smriti was reported as a missing person.

Before his arrest, Sonam professed his love for his wife and pleaded for the public?s help in locating the mother of his two children, West Hawaii Today reported.

According to the local news site, Sonam said he last saw Smriti on the shoreline of ʻAnaehoʻomalu Bay when he returned to the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort where they had been staying to get her asthma inhaler.

He said that they had enjoyed drinks and a 20-minute walk before that.

?She got an asthma attack right there on the beach and she was feeling weak and she didn?t want to walk all the way back because it?s almost a 20-minute walk back from that beach to our room,? said Sonam, who, according to a LinkedIn profile works as a product manager for Google Cloud.

?So, I said, ?hey, you know what? You stay here, you have your phone with you and I?ll just go to the room grab your inhaler and pump and come back,? ? Sonam told the site.

He added that he ?went to the room, picked up the inhaler, came back, and she was missing.?

Sonam then said that he went back to the hotel room in search of his wife, who worked as a business program manager for Microsoft.

?I was disturbed because why would she leave her purse and her phone on the beach and head back to the room? It just seemed really odd,? Sonam told the news outlet. ?So I rushed back to the room. I checked the room and I saw that she wasn?t in the room. So I went downstairs and that?s when I dialed 911.?

Sonam said that when the police arrived, he helped them search the beach.

?We called out for her, but there was nothing,? he said. ?No response.?

The couple has been married for 17 years and have two children, ages 13 and 8, according to the news site, which reported that they travel to Hawaii every year to celebrate their oldest child?s birthday.

Sonam told the news outlet that during the search for his wife his children were with him.

Google did not immediately respond to a request for comment by The Post.

Cops release Google manager arrested after wife’s body was found on Hawaii beach

https://nypost.com/2020/02/21/cops-r...-hawaii-beach/

A Google product manager who was arrested for the alleged murder of his wife in Hawaii was released from custody at about 1:20 p.m. on Friday “pending investigation,” cops said.

Sonam Saxena, 43, of Bellevue, Washington, was arrested Wednesday after the body of a woman thought to be his missing wife Smriti Saxena, 41, was found on the shoreline near Anaehoomalu Bay. Police later confirmed it was her body.

The couple was on a trip with their two children, outlets reported.

Before his arrest, Saxena had slammed cops for not answering his calls to them about his missing wife.

“@GovHawaii my wife has been missing since last night and @Hawaii_Police is busy giving interviews to media about body recovered, but is unwilling to pick up my phone,” he tweeted.

Saxena has not tweeted again since his release.

The investigation is ongoing, cops said.

This will be interesting.

Thread Information