Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 m/o) found dead almost three months after she went missing; she wasn't reported missing for 2 months

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Me too, Emmy. There is no doubt in my mind the poor baby was injured in some way. Mom even said she broke her arm while at bio-Dad's house, of which there is no record. There is always a thread of truth in a lie, particularly an alibi. In this case, I believe that baby's remains will eventually be found - with a broken arm. Sad.
    I think the Ayla Reynolds case has me jaded for life. They still have not charged anyone with that mess. Pisses me off.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm still thinking that she sold her to someone. Maybe that's just me hoping that she's alive somewhere, but it's just my gut feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Long article on the background of this family

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ee/4922903002/

Missing Tennessee toddler Evelyn Boswell was born into family racked by chaos, violence

https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/sher...evelyn-search/

News Channel 11 spoke with Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy Monday about the active AMBER Alert for missing 15-month-old Evelyn Mae Boswell.

Approaching week three of the search for Evelyn, Cassidy said that some members of the Boswell family have raised concerns about the investigation.

?We just want to find Evelyn and that?s our main concern, top priority and it seems like they?ve gotten aggravated at us for checking areas or asking questions and that doesn?t make much sense to me,? he said.?The ones that really should know where Evelyn is or have any information on Evelyn are the ones that?s not giving us the accurate information that we need.?

Cassidy added that the timeline of the investigation has made this a difficult case.

?48 to 72 hours is critical when a child is missing that we have to know about it and we?re talking 68 close to 70 days before she?s reported missing,? he said. ?And that just muddies the waters and makes this investigation very difficult.?

He also told News Channel 11 that the SCSO is utilizing external resources whenever possible to try and solve this case.

?We don?t have the resources to do this on our own so it?s great to have the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, then you?ve got the United States Marshal Service that?s helped too,? Cassidy said. ?They?ve had some tips that we?ve sent them out on.?

Along with the help of these agencies, Cassidy indicated that officials have received an outpouring of support from the community. With the reward fund to safely locate Evelyn reaching $71,300 on Monday, some questions have been raised as to what will happen should Evelyn return home safely.
    https://www.facebook.com/sullivancountysheriffsoffice/

Cassidy told News Channel 11 that Evelyn will be placed in the care of the State of Tennessee and not be returned to the care of her mother, Megan Boswell.
    It's simple. Do you have your kid? No, then who did you give her to or who took her? If you can't give us an answer, and didn't report her missing/kidnapped, then you most likely killed her or sold her.

No matter what, they're involved in her disappearance. It's pretty obvious.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

'Heartbreaking': Remains found believed to be missing 15-month old Evelyn Boswell
    Authorities said they found remains believed to be those of a missing Sullivan County 15-month-old on property belonging to a family member of the mother.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said they believe they have found the remains of missing 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell two weeks after an AMBER Alert search was initiated.

"We have a heartbreaking update in the search for #EvelynBoswell. This evening, authorities found remains believed to be those of the missing 15-month-old. An autopsy is pending and the investigation remains ongoing. Thank you for your support during this difficult process," the TBI tweeted.

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office and TBI said the remains were found on a family member's property in Blountville on Friday evening.

According to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office, the remains were found on a property at the 500 block of Muddy Creek Road. Authorities say the property belonged to a family member of Megan Boswell, who is Evelyn's mother.

"This is not the update we had hoped to share. We would like to thank each of you for your support over the last two and a half weeks," Leslie Earhart with the TBI said.

Authorities held a short press conference about the tragic discovery Friday night at 11:15 p.m. at the Sullivan Justice Center.

Evelyn Mae Boswell has been missing since early December 2019.

Boswell was not reported missing until February 2020.

Here is a timeline of the case:

Tuesday, February 18

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office received a referral from the State of Tennessee Department of Children Services
    Referral said certain family members had not seen Evelyn in approximately two months
    The referral came after Evelyn's grandfather, Tommy Boswell, Sr., reported his granddaughter missing
    At this time, Evelyn was last seen by family members on December 26
    Sullivan County Sheriff's Office immediately launched an investigation after receiving the report

Wednesday, February 19

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) issued an Amber Alert for Evelyn Boswell at around 8 p.m.

Friday, February 21

A gray 2007 BMW, with Tennessee license plate 3M9-6W9, is believed to be carrying suspects linked to the case
    Evelyn's grandmother Angela Boswell was arrested with boyfriend William McCloud in Wilkes County, North Carolina after being found in the gray BMW
    Both McCloud and Angela Boswell were charged with and arrested for theft of property
    Angela's court date is set for March 4
    Evelyn's mother, 18-year-old Megan Boswell, went on camera for the first time, saying that she knew who has her toddler
    At this time, Megan also said in an interview with WCYB that she was pregnant again

Tuesday, February 25

Megan Boswell was arrested and charged with one account of false reporting. Her bond is set at $25,000
    Her court date is set for March 2
    The Tennessee Department of Children's Services announced its own investigation involving Evelyn

Wednesday, February 26

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Megan is not actually pregnant
    The Wilkes County Sheriff's Office searched a pond in Wilkes County, North Carolina
    The search was inconclusive

Friday, February 28

The TBI searched Lakeshore RV trailer park in Blountville, TN, near Boone Lake
    Over 700 tips related to the case have been submitted to the TBI

Friday, March 6

The TBI announces it found remains believed to be of 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell in Blountville on a property belonging to a family member of Megan Boswell
    An autopsy began to confirm the identity of the body
    https://www.wbir.com/article/news/lo...9-18807f49e170
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Well, fuck. I really hoped that she had been sold and still alive. I stand, sadly, corrected. Mom did it.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Friday, February 21

A gray 2007 BMW, with Tennessee license plate 3M9-6W9, is believed to be carrying suspects linked to the case
    Evelyn's grandmother Angela Boswell was arrested with boyfriend William McCloud in Wilkes County, North Carolina after being found in the gray BMW
    Both McCloud and Angela Boswell were charged with and arrested for theft of property
    Angela's court date is set for March 4
    Evelyn's mother, 18-year-old Megan Boswell, went on camera for the first time, saying that she knew who has her toddler
    At this time, Megan also said in an interview with WCYB that she was pregnant again

<snip>

Wednesday, February 26

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Megan is not actually pregnant
    The Wilkes County Sheriff's Office searched a pond in Wilkes County, North Carolina
    The search was inconclusive
    The old fake pregnancy trick. I guess she thought pretending to be pregnant would keep her out of jail. What, she didn't realize there are tests for that kind of thing? I'm just relieved she isn't reproducing again. Rest in peace, little Evelyn...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

The old fake pregnancy trick. I guess she thought pretending to be pregnant would keep her out of jail. What, she didn't realize there are tests for that kind of thing? I'm just relieved she isn't reproducing again. Rest in peace, little Evelyn...
    I missed that in Puzzz's article. I am glad she isn't pregnant. Oh, and it throws further shade on her not wanting to take the polygraph.

I sure hope they can establish a COD so that this can't be called an accidental pool drowning or something like that again.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 03-07-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    These people are complete pieces of shit in my book.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I missed that in Puzzz's article. I am glad she isn't pregnant. Oh, and it throws further shade on her not wanting to take the polygraph.

I sure hope they can establish a COD so that this can't be called an accidental pool drowning or something like that again.
    Exactly! I did a little digging into why pregnant women shouldn't take polygraphs and discovered it is only an issue during the third trimester. Apparently, the baby's movements in the third trimester can cause false readings.

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    These people are complete pieces of shit in my book.
    This. I usually wait to hear all the evidence before I pass judgment, but some things defy logic and just don't pass the common sense test. Waiting a month to report your toddler missing is one of them. It's pretty simple in my book: Allowing generous time to search for the child yourself, if you wait more than an hour to report your toddler missing - you were involved in the disappearance.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Exactly! I did a little digging into why pregnant women shouldn't take polygraphs and discovered it is only an issue during the third trimester. Apparently, the baby's movements in the third trimester can cause false readings.

This. I usually wait to hear all the evidence before I pass judgment, but some things defy logic and just don't pass the common sense test. Waiting a month to report your toddler missing is one of them. It's pretty simple in my book: Allowing generous time to search for the child yourself, if you wait more than an hour to report your toddler missing - you were involved in the disappearance.

I've seen people on another forum talking about how the grandpa can't be involved because he reported her missing but this whole family just seems off, including him.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/in...nessee-toddler

An investigator has revealed new details about the discovery of a child's body on property belonging to relatives of a Tennessee woman whose daughter went missing.

WJHL-TV reports a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation special agent testified that the clothing found on the child's body was the exact clothing Megan Boswell said her 15-month-old daughter Evelyn Boswell was wearing when the toddler went missing.

The revelation was made at a quickly-arranged court hearing Monday. A judge raised Megan Boswell's bond to $150,000. She is charged with filing a false report in the case. An autopsy of the body found Friday is still pending.

Ugh. Welp. Hopefully they found the body in time to get enough evidence to nail them so we don't have another acquittal like with Casey.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Ugh. Welp. Hopefully they found the body in time to get enough evidence to nail them so we don't have another acquittal like with Casey.
    That was what I was saying earlier. I sure hope so!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ather-n1155821

Tennessee investigators have confirmed that remains found on a property in Blountville are those of 15-month-old Evelyn Mae Boswell.
    TBI Special Agent Brian Fraley said at a court hearing on Monday that the body found had on the "exact clothing" the girl's mother said Evelyn was wearing when she went missing.

He also said other clothing, toys and diapers that would have belonged to the toddler were also found on the property.

Boswell, 18, and her mother, Angela Boswell, were both arrested.
    Court documents obtained by NBC affiliate WCYB of Bristol, Virginia, show that Megan Boswell initially told authorities that Evelyn's father, Ethan Perry, had the baby and she was supposed to meet him at a store in Colonial Heights. Perry did not have the child, according to the outlet.

Wouldn't you be proud to call this woman grandma!

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...es/2920627001/

The grandmother of Evelyn Boswell, the Tennessee toddler found dead earlier this month after a chaotic search, is back in jail after being arrested on charges that she burglarized her parents' home, authorities said Thursday.

Sullivan County Sheriff's Office investigators believe Angela Mae Boswell, 42, and Larry Chad Fields, 37, walked through the front door of a Kingsport-area mobile home on Wednesday and walked out with two televisions, a shotgun, a pistol and various tools, according to a news release.

Andy Seabolt, a captain with the sheriff's office, confirmed to Knox News that Boswell's parents live at the mobile home.

Witnesses said Boswell and Fields arrived to the residence on West Valley Drive in a gray Chevrolet Equinox driven by another, unidentified woman, who stayed in the SUV while Boswell and Fields went inside. Surveillance video showed the pair trying to conceal items as they made their way from the home back to the vehicle, the release states.

Deputies arrested Boswell in Kingsport on Thursday afternoon.

"Upon arriving at the jail, Angela Boswell was found to be in possession of a small bag of what appears to be crystal methamphetamine and a $50 bill that appeared to be counterfeit," the release reads.

Boswell faces charges including aggravated burglary, theft under $10,000, introduction of drugs into a penal facility and possession of counterfeit money.

Authorities are still searching for Fields, who faces charges of aggravated burglary and theft under $10,000.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...er/5019761002/

A judge has sealed records from an autopsy of remains believed to be those of missing toddler Evelyn Boswell, said Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus.

"I thought it was necessary because of the publicity the case has engendered, and because it's still under investigation," Staubus told Knox News on Wednesday morning. "I thought it would maintain the integrity of the investigation."

Seventeen days after 15-month-old Evelyn was reported missing by her family, and nearly three months after she was reportedly last seen, investigators said they found the remains of a young girl on property owned by the Boswell family. The discovery seemed to mark the end of a convoluted search that spanned three states and drew hundreds of tips.
    n autopsy was performed at the William L. Jenkins Forensic Center in Johnson City. Authorities have not announced what the autopsy found. Final autopsy reports, which include toxicology results, can take months to complete.

Staubus' office moved Monday to seal all records from the autopsy. Sullivan County Criminal Court Judge Jim Goodwin agreed and signed a court order that was filed in the case against Evelyn's mother, 18-year-old Megan "Maggie" Boswell, and sent to the forensic center.

The move will make secret information about the identity and cause of death of the body until authorities decide to release it to the public. Autopsy reports are normally public records in Tennessee.

Staubus on Wednesday declined to comment about any conversations he has had with forensic center officials, and said he has not decided whether his office will seek to file additional court records under seal in the case.

Sounds like this entire family is pure white trash.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information