Thread: Mount Sinai West ER nurse Kious Kelly (48) died from COVID-19

Mount Sinai West ER nurse Kious Kelly (48) died from COVID-19

https://abc30.com/health/chicago-bor...-says/6057092/

A Chicago-born health care worker died this week after serving patients at a New York City hospital overwhelmed by the coronavirus outbreak.

Kious Kelly, an assistant nurse manager at the Mount Sinai West Hospital in Manhattan, died Tuesday from the virus after he got sick two weeks ago, multiple friends said in social media posts.

Kelly's sister Marya told ABC7 her brother died a hero, not a victim.

Marya said Kelly loved his patients and his staff deeply, and loved that he was helping others.

Marya said she and Kelly were both born in Chicago, and moved from the area when they were toddlers.

The two were inseparable growing up, and Kelly always knew he wanted to help people, Marya said.

"This growing crisis is not abating and has already devastated hundreds of families in New York and turned our frontline professionals into true American heroes," the hospital system said in a statement following Kelly's death. "Today, we lost another hero - a compassionate colleague, friend and selfless caregiver."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/2923983001/

Mount Sinai West emergency room nurse Kious Kelly, 48, died Tuesday after fighting COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

Kelly's sister, Marya Patrice Sherron, told The New York Times that her brother had asthma but was otherwise well. "You were the best big brother a sister could ask for," she wrote in a Facebook post.

"You loved your nephews well. You have always been my role model. There is so much I want the world to know about you. ... I have indescribable pain. So alone without you. You made the world better," she wrote.

Sherron told the Times that her brother texted her last Wednesday that he had tested positive for the new coronavirus and was on a ventilator. "I'm okay. Don't tell Mom and Dad. They'll worry,? he texted.

I have asthma too and this virus is scaring the fuck out of me.

Thread Information