Thread: Ohio woman, 36, called 911 after parents canceled her phone service

Ohio woman, 36, called 911 after parents canceled her phone service

https://nypost.com/2020/02/20/ohio-w...phone-service/

A 36-year-old Ohio woman twice called 911 to report her emergency ? her parents canceled her cellphone service, according to a report.

But the only response Seloni Khetarpal got was a felony arrest, according to The Smoking Gun.

The woman called 911 on Feb. 13 to complain that her folks had cut off her service and she demanded that police respond to her family?s Canton home, the news outlet reported.

Khetarpal was warned that 911 was only for legitimate emergencies ? but the ?belligerent? woman called again two hours later and insisted that her complaint was valid, according to a criminal complaint cited by the outlet.

She was charged with disrupting public services, a fourth-degree felony, and booked into the Stark County jail. She was released on $2,500 bond and is due in court Feb. 27.

Khetarpal, a real estate agent, wrote on her LinkedIn profile that she has modeled for ?companies such as Abercrombie & Fitch & Miller Lite, where I would do my own makeup/hair for photo shoots.?

She said she attended the ?prestigious Lubna Rafiq Academy in London, U.K., where I specialized in Bridal makeup/hairstyling with a South Asian focus.?

It was unclear why her dad, a gastroenterologist, and mom, a pediatric dentist, canceled their daughter?s phone service.

Crazy eyes.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Just look at that scowl. She's obviously an entitled little bitch. Dude. You're 36 YEARS OLD. Get your own damn phone plan!

Her FB:

https://www.facebook.com/seloni.khetarpal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Oh jeez, she just posted this status an hour ago:

I’m 36 and a realtor that is commission based living with indian strict parents that don’t let me date or drink. Please stop being mean to me.
    All hell is going to break loose on her FB page. But I'm beginning to understand why she's a bit crazy. Indian parents can be quite oppressive.* Her best bet is to find a husband to get her out of that situation.

*ETA: This isn't a slam on Indian parents or Indians in general. I love the family-oriented culture, but my friends and I used to exchange Italian vs. Indian parent horror stories. The Indians won.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 02-27-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

She's a realtor and can't find her own place to live?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Right. And she's apparently not being held in the house against her will. She could leave and tell her parents she's out showing a house, never come back. She replied to one of the commenters on her status that her parents follow her everywhere she goes. Said she's afraid of going against them. My parents were really strict, so I can appreciate that, but I think she's just got a victim mentality right now.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Right. And she's apparently not being held in the house against her will. She could leave and tell her parents she's out showing a house, never come back. She replied to one of the commenters on her status that her parents follow her everywhere she goes. Said she's afraid of going against them. My parents were really strict, so I can appreciate that, but I think she's just got a victim mentality right now.
    Her parents are both Doctors. Her Mom I think is a Pediatric Dentist and her Dad a Gastrointestinal expert or something. I highly doubt they have the time to follow her everywhere. I think she effed up and is now trying to gain sympathy because people started pointing out the obvious privilege she enjoys. Yes, SOME Indian parents can be strict, but obviously they aren't that traditional or she would have been married to who they wanted by now.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Mental slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Her parents are both Doctors. Her Mom I think is a Pediatric Dentist and her Dad a Gastrointestinal expert or something. I highly doubt they have the time to follow her everywhere. I think she effed up and is now trying to gain sympathy because people started pointing out the obvious privilege she enjoys. Yes, SOME Indian parents can be strict, but obviously they aren't that traditional or she would have been married to who they wanted by now.
    Totally agree. They had to let her out of their sight to get her education. No way they're "following [her] everywhere," it just doesn't pass the common sense test. I don't know exactly what's going on here, but I'm not ruling out a scam. She was getting some compassionate response on her status post when she said she only has $4 in her bank account. If not an outright scam, maybe taking advantage of the publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Mental slavery.
    Or this. Not out of the question, but her responses and excuses seem a bit manipulative to me. She might be enjoying the attention.

Poor girl, she should be checked by a doctor to prevent same incident.

Thread Information