Thread: Paul Joseph Garcia Jr (24) hit Lee Martin Cagle (55) with his car, and then drove to a beer garden with the victim's body in his front seat

Paul Joseph Garcia Jr (24) hit Lee Martin Cagle (55) with his car, and then drove to a beer garden with the victim's body in his front seat

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-beer-n1138416

A Texas driver is accused of fatally hitting a pedestrian who went through the windshield and into the passenger's seat where he remained while the man drove on before going to a beer garden.

Paul Joseph Garcia Jr., 24, has been charged with second-degree felony intoxication manslaughter and a failure to stop and render aid in an incident that happened about 10:30 p.m. Saturday in Austin, NBC affiliate KXAN of Austin reported.

An arrest warrant affidavit states that a man pushing a shopping cart was struck by a Ford Focus that continued on for about a half-mile, the station reported. According to the police document, a witness saw the suspect, later identified as Garcia, get out and "calmly" walk away from the car, according to the station.

An investigator wrote in the affidavit that the impact was so great that the victim's body went through the windshield and entered the front passenger seat. Police said Garcia drove for about a half-mile with the body in the seat before abandoning the vehicle and the victim, who has not been publically identified, KXAN reported.
    https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...ffidavit-says/

Witnesses to the crash told Austin Police they saw a Ford Focus hit a man pushing a shopping cart at the intersection of Slaughter Lane and Menchaca Road around 10:30 p.m Saturday.

After hitting the pedestrian, the man, later identified as Paul Joseph Garcia Jr., continued to drive on Menchaca Road, the affidavit says.

The affidavit says witnesses saw Garcia Jr. pull the car over and ?calmly? walk away from it. Later, Garcia Jr. was seen walking barefoot just south of the scene at the South Austin Beer Garden, the affidavit says.

David Pearce, the co-owener of the South Austin Beer Garden said his door staff recognized something was wrong almost immediately. They met him at the door and tried to calm him down. Surveillance video shows that Garcia Jr. emerged from a drainage ditch without shoes on.

?We didn?t know what kind of trouble he was in, we just knew it was bad,? Pearce said. ?He was in tears. He was distraught. In a panicked state. You could see he had tears in his eyes and it looked like he was running from something.

Police officers showed up to the South Austin Beer Garden shortly after and detained the 24-year-old.

When officers spoke with Garcia, he ?alluded? to the crash and was detained by police. Garcia Jr. was not served alcohol at South Austin Beer Garden, according to the affidavit. Officers gave Garcia a field sobriety test and decided that he was unable to safely drive the car due to alcohol or drugs in his system.

An investigator reported in the affidavit that Garcia?s car was traveling at a high speed based off evidence at the scene. The impact was reportedly so great that the victim flew through the windshield and fully entered the vehicle?s passenger seat.

Police say that Garcia also drove for half a mile with the victim still in the seat.

The affidavit says the shopping cart was pushed into a cluster of mailboxes. The cart hit the mailboxes with a force that was able to bend a two-inch thick galvanized, steel post.

Witnesses told police they saw the car driving at a high speed and without its headlights on.

The affidavit says, even though the pedestrian was in the road at the time of the crash, Garcia?s intoxication and alleged reckless driving support the charge of intoxication manslaughter.

Garcia Jr. is charged with second-degree felony intoxication manslaughter, in addition to a failure to stop and render aid charge. His bail is set at $80,000 and he will not be able to drive and has been ordered to wear a blood alcohol monitor.

Maybe Austin's dickhead mayor Adler will rethink his move of letting the homeless and street people camp everywhere . Then again since the person hit was homeless maybe he will finally care that the laws he relaxed have been a disaster that have caused several murders and vehicular deaths .

There are homeless people coming from colder areas now that camping is allowed and they are camping in medians and under bridges so of course they are going to start getting hit by people who already resent them .

Austin has become the San Francisco of the south complete with needles in streets ,people crapping in full view of everyone , drunks running over homeless drunks and the homeless stabbing people who naturally aren't homeless.

Officers gave Garcia a field sobriety test and decided that he was unable to safely drive the car due to alcohol or drugs in his system.
    Also, due to the dead body in his vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    Maybe Austin's dickhead mayor Adler will rethink his move of letting the homeless and street people camp everywhere . Then again since the person hit was homeless maybe he will finally care that the laws he relaxed have been a disaster that have caused several murders and vehicular deaths .

There are homeless people coming from colder areas now that camping is allowed and they are camping in medians and under bridges so of course they are going to start getting hit by people who already resent them .

Austin has become the San Francisco of the south complete with needles in streets ,people crapping in full view of everyone , drunks running over homeless drunks and the homeless stabbing people who naturally aren't homeless.
    Omg SHUT the FUCK up. So you're blaming the victim with this? Maybe the Mayor should criminalize the homeless because some DRUNK speeding asshole killed a man. Go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Omg SHUT the FUCK up. So you're blaming the victim with this? Maybe the Mayor should criminalize the homeless because some DRUNK speeding asshole killed a man. Go fuck yourself.
    Agreed. The sad thing is this idiot probably won't serve a lot of time for killing this poor homeless man.
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I guess my comment lost something in translation . I am not blaming the victim in this at all I am blaming the jackass mayor who created this problem and refuses to find any safer solution to the homeless disaster . He is refusing to address multiple deaths, including several murders, but has time to sit on Twitter promoting SXSW , bbq and live music in Austin because they make Austin big money. The asshole driver is obviously responsible for what he did and was leaving an establishment Mayor Adler promotes in an area Adler has ignored people asking for help.

As far as my remark that maybe Adler will care because it was someone homeless killed is because he claims he is deeply involved with the homeless and always broadcasts his love for them in blatant virtue signaling on social media. For someone who claims what he does he sure as heck treats them piss poorly. I guess my remark was shitty but this entire debacle sucks for everyone but him. If he cares so deeply why did he ban the homeless in his living and work area as well as areas within the wealthiest locations.

When I say people are camping in the medians I mean they are literally camping in the medians in areas with heavy traffic and lots of bars with drunk drivers leaving them . So it is only going to get worse. Texas has had a rise in vehicular deaths and hit and runs involving the homeless because of the relaxed laws and law makers on both sides won't act because the victims are homeless .

I admit I am angry as hell over the murders that started as soon as Adler made the sidewalks and public areas (everywhere but his house ,his office, city offices and the capital where our useless lawmakers are) living spaces for the legitimately homeless AND street people exploiting the homeless . My former neighbor was one of those who was viciously stabbed to death by someone who was on the streets and the victim not being homeless doesn't make her death any less important.

Just an aside our homeless population in Austin isn't just homeless people there because of mental illness, loss of jobs and other tragic circumstances. Austin being a college town ,the live music capital of the south , the new silicone valley and fastest growing city in the region means we get a shit ton of people who exploit the homeless and who aren't on the streets out of desperation and these are the assholes causing trouble . I have no fucks to give about them because you have to be a pretty big piece of shit if you are victimizing the homeless and kids .

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/pa...-drunken-crash

Law enforcement then made a gruesome discovery after locating the man’s car. Inside Garcia’s 2014 Ford Focus, authorities found the maimed corpse of 55-year-old pedestrian Lee Martin Cagle. The man appeared to have flown through Garcia’s windshield and landed in the front seat of the man’s vehicle, police said, according to KTBC.

Garcia drove “for one-half miles with a mangled corpse in the vehicle,” the affidavit alleged, according to KVUE.

Authorities believe Cagle had been walking southbound pushing a shopping cart on the right side of the Menchaca Road in Austin at the time Garcia allegedly slammed into him.

“The impact with the vehicle pushed the cart into a cluster of mailboxes with enough force to bend a two-inch diameter, galvanized steel post that supported mailboxes,” the affidavit stated.

The interior of the Ford was “coated” in “blood and body tissue,” authorities said. Severed body parts and other debris scattered along the road where the fatal collision allegedly occurred were also recovered by investigators.

Witnesses claimed to have seen a white Ford matching the description of Garcia’s car strike a man near a roadway called Slaughter Lane earlier that evening, KVUE reported. Onlookers stated the car had allegedly been traveling at a dangerous speed without its headlights on. Police also said there were no brake marks at the scene of the collision, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

Officials said they suspect Garcia had been drinking at a number of watering holes prior to the deadly crash.

“The investigation will seek to determine whether those businesses served alcohol to an intoxicated customer prior to the crash,” the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, who are also investigating the incident, said in a statement this week, the Austin American-Statesman reported.

Restaurants or bars that served Garcia while he was visibly intoxicated could face a fine of more than $7,000 or a suspension of their liquor license, the agency added.

A spokesperson for the South Austin Beer Garden, the tap house where Garcia was arrested following the crash, wasn’t immediately available for comment this week.

Garcia is being held at a Travis County correctional facility on a $110,000 bond, records show. It’s unclear if the 24-year-old has retained legal counsel.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I guess my comment lost something in translation . I am not blaming the victim in this at all I am blaming the jackass mayor who created this problem and refuses to find any safer solution to the homeless disaster . He is refusing to address multiple deaths, including several murders, but has time to sit on Twitter promoting SXSW , bbq and live music in Austin because they make Austin big money. The asshole driver is obviously responsible for what he did and was leaving an establishment Mayor Adler promotes in an area Adler has ignored people asking for help.

As far as my remark that maybe Adler will care because it was someone homeless killed is because he claims he is deeply involved with the homeless and always broadcasts his love for them in blatant virtue signaling on social media. For someone who claims what he does he sure as heck treats them piss poorly. I guess my remark was shitty but this entire debacle sucks for everyone but him. If he cares so deeply why did he ban the homeless in his living and work area as well as areas within the wealthiest locations.

When I say people are camping in the medians I mean they are literally camping in the medians in areas with heavy traffic and lots of bars with drunk drivers leaving them . So it is only going to get worse. Texas has had a rise in vehicular deaths and hit and runs involving the homeless because of the relaxed laws and law makers on both sides won't act because the victims are homeless .

I admit I am angry as hell over the murders that started as soon as Adler made the sidewalks and public areas (everywhere but his house ,his office, city offices and the capital where our useless lawmakers are) living spaces for the legitimately homeless AND street people exploiting the homeless . My former neighbor was one of those who was viciously stabbed to death by someone who was on the streets and the victim not being homeless doesn't make her death any less important.

Just an aside our homeless population in Austin isn't just homeless people there because of mental illness, loss of jobs and other tragic circumstances. Austin being a college town ,the live music capital of the south , the new silicone valley and fastest growing city in the region means we get a shit ton of people who exploit the homeless and who aren't on the streets out of desperation and these are the assholes causing trouble . I have no fucks to give about them because you have to be a pretty big piece of shit if you are victimizing the homeless and kids .
    You're speaking to someone that lives in the city that has the highest homeless population in the country and works with the homeless. So just stop trying to "explain" to me the issues around it. Local government DOES have to tackle the problem, but that definitely isn't what your focus was in your statement. It's dripped with resentment towards the homeless population and it was obvious that you look at them as less than human. I can spot it a mile away, so just stop.

Trust me. You don't want to go here with me. I'll leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

There was a story on the news last week about the homeless problem in Austin.....the reporter said the same thing "people are coming from colder climates and setting up camp". Can't blame them its better to be homeless in 80 degrees than 26 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Also, due to the dead body in his vehicle.
    Lmfaoooooo!!!

Thread Information