Thread: Rapper Pop Smoke murdered in home invasion robbery

Rapper Pop Smoke murdered in home invasion robbery

6:56 AM PT -- The home where owned by Teddi Mellencamp's husband Edwin Arroyave who owns several homes in Los Angeles.It's possible Pop Smoke was renting the property.

Pop Smoke, an up and coming rapper, was shot and killed Wednesday morning in what appears to be a home invasion robbery ... TMZ has learned.

The rapper was at a home in the Hollywood Hills at around 4:30 AM when 2 men wearing hoodies and masks broke into a house ... this according to law enforcement sources. We're told the 2 men fired multiple shots, striking and critically wounding Pop Smoke. The men were seen fleeing on foot.

Pop Smoke was rushed by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in West Hollywood where he was pronounced dead.

The suspects have not been caught and as far as we know they have not been identified. It's unclear if Pop Smoke knew the shooters. One man was placed in handcuffs but cops determined he was not involved and was released.

Pop Smoke released an album back in July and one of the songs, "Welcome to the Party," blew up ... it was considered by many the song of the summer. Nicki Minaj did a remix of the song a few months later. He also did a song, "Gatti," with Travis Scott.

We got Pop Smoke out at LAX back in July, and he told us about a hoop dream that came true.

Pop Smoke was 20.

RIP

Last edited by up2trouble; 02-19-2020 at 06:07 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I have never heard of this guy. He was way too young though. Completely possible that he was targeted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I have never heard of this guy. He was way too young though. Completely possible that he was targeted.
    My (college-age) students have spent all morning telling me I'm old because I've never heard of this guy. They said that he is good and played his music for me from their playlists.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    My (college-age) students have spent all morning telling me I'm old because I've never heard of this guy. They said that he is good and played his music for me from their playlists.
    1. I AM old
    2. It's not my style of music so I'm not super surprised that I don't know who he is.

I will say this, his voice is a billion times better than most of the mumbling crap I hear out there.

Yeah, Hollywood Hills isn't really known for its home invasions. Burglaries? Absolutely. But going in at 4:30am tells me that they wanted this guy to be home. I think this was an intentional hit.

I listen to mainly rap music and I have never heard of this guy. But there are so many up and coming artists it's impossible to know everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/19/pop-s...asion-robbery/

And, there's this ... Pop Smoke posted the address of the home earlier in the day. He was showing off gift bags he had received and one had the home's address. As for why he was getting gift bags ... his mix tape hit #7 on the Billboard 200 chart Tuesday.

dumbass move

FFS. What an idiot. Well, targeted for sure, but now I'm not sure if it was to kill him or really dumb people thinking it was a good idea to rob him while he was home.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Really? Ask them if they've ever seen Pantera play at the Aragon Ballroom
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

This guy in the video with the blue bandana is about to lose his baggy pants. :lol:
    Never heard of him. Of course he was way too young. Maybe he had connections to the wrong kind of people? Who knows. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    This guy in the video with the blue bandana is about to lose his baggy pants. :lol:
    Never heard of him. Of course he was way too young. Maybe he had connections to the wrong kind of people? Who knows. RIP.
    Looks like it. Just read that he was targeted, and it wasn't a robbery. Unable to link right now but it was from TMZ.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I don't really listen to rap anymore.
    My rapper of choice is Ludacris.
    I guess that lets you know how old I am. Lol!
    I hope they catch the pos that killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Looks like it. Just read that he was targeted, and it wasn't a robbery. Unable to link right now but it was from TMZ.
    POP SMOKE MURDER APPEARS TO BE TARGETED HIT ... Not A Robbery

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/20/pop-s...t-not-robbery/

Pop Smoke's death wasn't a robbery gone wrong ... it was a targeted hit ... and that conclusion is supported by surveillance video.

People who have seen the surveillance footage from outside the Hollywood Hills home where Pop was killed Wednesday morning tell us ... you see 4 men approach the home at around 4:30 AM and sneak around back.

A couple minutes pass before 3 of the 4 walk back up the side of the home to the front. The 4th apparently walked in the backdoor but no camera was trained on it. The next time you see the man, he exits through the front door of the house.

As we reported, multiple shots were fired inside the home and they only struck Pop Smoke, who was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

At first, it seemed like it might have been a robbery because the rapper posted a photo earlier in the day of a bunch of gifts ... one of which had his home address emblazoned on it. He also posted another pic hours before the shooting of himself and a friend in a car ... the friend is holding an enormous amount of cash.

But, here's the thing. The folks who have seen the surveillance video tell us the person inside the house -- presumably the shooter -- did not carry anything out. Given that he shot someone, it's doubtful he would take the time to stuff items in his pocket.

Pop Smoke was only 20 and already making a name for himself in music. His song, "Welcome to the Party" was remixed by Nicki Minaj and he appeared on Travis Scott's latest project "JACKBOYS." His mix tape charted #7 Tuesday on the Billboard 200.

Cops continue to investigate the murder and have not arrested or named any suspects.

I don't really listen to rap anymore.
    My rapper of choice is Ludacris.
    I guess that lets you know how old I am. Lol!
    I hope they catch the pos that killed him.
    I loved Ludacris.....brings me back to my high school days!

Where's my toaster?

Pop, got smoked. Dumbass.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...urder/2395530/

Update Corey Walker, (19,) and Keandre Rodgers, (18) are charged over the death of Pop Smoke.

Two young men and two teenage boys were charged Monday with killing rap artist Pop Smoke during a robbery at a Hollywood Hills home nearly five months ago.

Corey Walker, 19, and Keandre Rodgers, 18, were expected to be arraigned Monday afternoon on capital murder charges stemming from the Feb. 19 killing of the 20-year-old, New York-based rapper, whose real name was Bashar Jackson.

A special circumstance allegation that the murder was committed during the commission of a robbery and burglary means that, if convicted as charged, Walker and Rodgers would be eligible for a death sentence. Prosecutors will decide later whether to pursue the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole for the defendants, who are also facing gang and gun allegations.
    Two boys aged 15 and 17 were charged with murder and robbery in juvenile court, according to the District Attorney's office. Their names were withheld because they are underage.

Officers went to 2033 Hercules Drive in the Hollywood Hills about 4 a.m. in response to a 911 call and found the mortally injured rapper, who was pronounced dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Los Angeles police said last week, when making five arrests in the case, that investigators believed the men and boys entered Jackson's short-term rental home and shot and robbed him inside. Investigators believe the suspects are "members of a Los Angeles street gang,'' according to police.

Walker, Rodgers and Jaquan Murphy, 21, were arrested Thursday and held on $1 million bail.

Online jail records show that Murphy remains in custody, but shows no pending court date and does not indicate where he is being held.

LAPD Capt. Steve Lurie said the 911 call that brought police to the Hercules Drive address came from someone on the East Coast who "stated a friend of theirs home was being broken into by multiple suspects, and that one of them was armed with a handgun.''

"When officers arrived there approximately six minutes later, they discovered a victim inside the house had been shot,'' Lurie said. "They called the fire department, who arrived and transported that victim to Cedars-Sinai, where he was pronounced dead.''

The suspects were wearing masks and were last seen running from the home and possibly getting into a nearby vehicle.

Officers detained several people who were inside the house, according to Lurie, but "all of those folks were released. ... No one was arrested at the scene.''

According to various media reports, the up-and-coming New York rapper posted photos earlier on Feb. 19 or late on Feb. 18 from a party at the home, even revealing the address. According to TMZ, one of the photos showed a person holding a large sum of money.

Investigators believe at least some of the suspects are also involved in the killing of 18-year-old Kamryn Stone in the Rose Bowl parking lot in Pasadena last Sept. 14, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Property records indicate the home where the shooting occurred is owned by Teddi Mellencamp Arroyave -- who appears on "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills'' and is a daughter of musician John Mellencamp -- and her husband, Edwin Arroyave.

Pop Smoke released an album in July 2019, and one of the songs, "Welcome to the Party," was considered by many the song of the summer. Nicki Minaj did a remix of the song a few months later.

The rapper also collaborated with Travis Scott on a song called "Gatti."

Murdered Brooklyn rapper Pop Smoke was kicked on ground after being shot: witness

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...snq-story.html

Brooklyn rapper Pop Smoke was taking a shower at an Airbnb in Los Angeles last year when masked men stormed through the curtains of a second-story balcony, an LAPD detective testified Thursday.

One intruder allegedly pressed a black semiautomatic firearm to the forehead of a woman who was with the Canarsie-bred entertainer in his bedroom that night while the others rushed into the adjoining bathroom, Det. Christian Carrasco said.

“Shut the f--k up. Do you want to die?” the heavily armed home invader allegedly shouted at the woman, the investigator said.

Carrasco was the first person to take the witness stand at the preliminary hearing for Corey Walker in Los Angeles that will decide whether the sole adult suspect in the case proceeds to trial.

Walker, 20, has been charged with murder and robbery in the Feb. 19, 2020 slaying of the popular entertainer, who was born Bashar Barakah Jackson. He has pleaded not guilty and appeared in court Thursday wearing an orange jail uniform and medical mask.

The woman who was with Pop Smoke the day he died spoke to police hours after the rapper was fatally shot in the torso during the 4 a.m. home invasion at the rented mansion in the Hollywood Hills, Carrasco said.

“She heard a struggle coming from the shower area and heard Mr. Jackson screaming. Mr. Jackson ran out of the bathroom and then she heard a loud pop and [heard] Mr. Jackson fall to the ground,” the detective said.

“Two other individuals began to kick him,” Carrasco said, citing the woman’s testimony.

Upon hearing her son was kicked, Jackson’s mother Audrey Jackson, who was present in the courtroom, shook her head and leaned forward, visibly upset.

She stared intently at Walker as the detective continued to describe what the witness claimed happened next.

“Mr. Jackson gets up and run downstairs. She hears two more pops,” the detective said on the witness stand. “She follows Mr. Jackson, sees him on the ground and screams for Michael (Durodola) to call 911.”

The woman told police she believed the men stole Jackson’s “large gold watch” and other jewelry before fleeing.

A second LAPD detective testified Thursday that the license plate of the Infinity caught on surveillance video delivering the suspects to the scene traced back to Walker.

Det. Frank Flores said Walker had purchased the car from a seller and been stopped in it for an unrelated matter prior to the murder.

Pop Smoke was a fast-rising rap star known for his raspy voice and trap-influenced beats when he died at age 20, just weeks away from finishing his debut studio album.

Doctors rushed Jackson into a major surgery called a “left thoracotomy,” but he suffered a “rapid” decline and couldn’t be saved, his death certificate said.

Law enforcement sources previously said four suspects wearing hoodies were captured on surveillance video at the multimillion-dollar house that had a back staircase leading from the main bedroom down to the pool area.

Pop Smoke had posted images on social media shortly before the shooting showing both the rental home’s address and a large amount of cash.

After the murder, 50 Cent stepped in to finish Pop Smoke’s album for Victor Victor Worldwide and Republic Records.

When “Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon” dropped in July, it debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with fellow rap stars Roddy Ricch, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Future, Quavo and Swae Lee listed as guest performers.

The album was a runaway success, spawning multiple international top-10 singles including the R&B inspired track “What You Know Bout Love,” which also became a Top 10 song of the year on TikTok.

Speaking to the Daily News earlier this year, Walker’s lawyer Christopher Darden — a prosecutor in the O.J. Simpson trial in 1995 — said he was a fan of Pop Smoke’s music.

Still, “our position is that Mr. Walker didn’t kill anybody,” he said.

The planned two-day hearing in the murder case is expected to cover the testimony prosecutors consider sufficient to convince a judge Walker should face trial.

Walker is the only adult in the case after a judge determined the three other suspects were minors at the time of Pop Smoke’s slaying.

If convicted as charged, he could face the death penalty, the Los Angeles County district attorney said.

The three other male juvenile suspects, one identified as just 15 years old, have been charged with murder and robbery without being named, prosecutors said.

Roddy Ricch, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Future, Quavo and Swae Lee
    Damn, that's some big names there. I wonder if they recorded with him before death? I never heard of any Pop Smoke's songs on the radio until after his death. Now they play ALL the time.

Pop Smoke was murdered by 15-year-old shooter who admitted slaying to detention center cellmate: detective testifies

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...=chartbeat-flt

Pop Smoke was gunned down by a 15-year-old shooter who ambushed the Brooklyn rapper in Los Angeles last year with a group of teens bent on stealing his diamond-studded Rolex, a detective testified Friday.

The home intruders who stormed the Canarsie-bred rapper’s Airbnb rental in the Hollywood Hills also were after his Cuban link chain but only managed to swipe the luxury timepiece, which they later resold for just $2,000, the Los Angeles Police investigator said.

The trigger teen, the youngest of the four defendants now facing murder and robbery charges in the case, allegedly admitted his role in the slaying during a recorded interview with a cellmate at a juvenile detention center last May.

“He admitted that he shot the victim three times with a Baretta 9 (mm),” LAPD Det. Carlos Camacho testified Friday at a preliminary hearing for a different suspect, Corey Walker, 20, the sole adult defendant in the high-profile prosecution.

The 15-year-old alleged shooter “admitted that they asked for the jewelry” and then had “a confrontation” with Pop Smoke during the 4 a.m. home invasion on Feb. 19, 2020, the detective said.

“They got into a fight, and he shot him three times,” Camacho said, citing the youngest defendant’s recorded jail interview. “He said he shot him on the back.”

Walker, 20, has pleaded not guilty in the case.

According to Camacho, Walker similarly confessed to his role in the deadly confrontation during a separate, secretly recorded jailhouse interview with a different informant placed in his cell after his July arrest.

Walker allegedly admitted the group used ski masks, gloves and a police scanner to try to evade detection.

“He said that when the individuals got inside, the suspects confronted (Pop Smoke), who was in the shower naked,” Camacho testified.

During his recorded conversation, Walker allegedly said the teens inside the home demanded Pop Smoke’s jewelry, which he was still wearing, and even said “Thank you” when it appeared he was complying, Camacho said.

But the rapper, born Bashar Barakah Jackson, decided to fight back and “rushed” the intruders, who “pistol whipped” him before the 15-year-old suspect shot him in the chest, Camacho said, citing Walker’s account.

After Deputy District Attorney Hilary Williams called her last witness for the preliminary hearing Friday afternoon, Walker’s defense lawyer Christopher Darden made a motion to have Walker’s murder charge dismissed.

He argued Walker was only the driver that night, never entered the house and even told the younger defendants not to shoot anybody.

“He’s clearly not an aider and abettor of premeditated murder,” Darden argued. “At most, he’s a principal in a robbery... He’s a driver. He is outside.”

Williams responded by arguing Walker had scouted the house hours earlier and knew his codefendants planned to rob Pop Smoke at gunpoint to obtain the items he flashed in his Instagram photos.

“They specifically target this house wanting this victim to be there,” she argued, saying Walker’s actions showed a “reckless indifference to human life.”

Judge H. Clay Jacke II denied Darden’s request to reduce the charges and ruled there was “sufficient cause” to send Walker to trial. Walker is due back in court June 3 for re-arraignment.

Public testimony in the case started Thursday with two LAPD detectives giving the first detailed account of what allegedly happened.

Det. Christian Carrasco testified Thursday that a woman who was with Pop Smoke in the rented home’s second-story bedroom recalled seeing a group of men storm through curtains from a balcony accessible by a backyard staircase.

One of the men allegedly pressed a black semiautomatic firearm to her forehead and shouted, “Shut the f--k up. Do you want to die?”

“She heard a struggle coming from the shower area and heard Mr. Jackson screaming. Mr. Jackson ran out of the bathroom and then she heard a loud pop and [heard] Mr. Jackson fall to the ground,” the detective said.

“Two other individuals began to kick him,” Carrasco said, citing the woman’s testimony.

Upon hearing her son was kicked, Jackson’s mother, Audrey Jackson, was visibly upset.

Similarly on Friday, Jackson’s dad Greg Jackson let out an audible gasp when he heard the killing was over a $2,000 payday.

“I didn’t know any of this. It’s all new. I just knew my boy was gone,” Audrey Jackson told the Daily News after the hearing ended.

“Now it really feels like he’s not coming back,” she said, tears welling in her eyes.

“I don’t know what I thought being here would do. I thought something would happen that would help me feel differently. But to hear they kicked him when he was down. It’s so disrespectful and dishonorable. There was no honor in this. And the irony in this is that those same kids are the kids he said he made music for,” she said.

“There need to be consequences, sufficient consequences,” she said. “But as a people, we have work to do. Our children are killing each other. This just makes absolutely no sense to me.”

Pop Smoke was a fast-rising rap star known for his gravelly voice and inventive take on drill music when he died at age 20, just weeks away from finishing his debut studio album.

Doctors rushed him into a major surgery called a “left thoracotomy,” but he suffered a “rapid” decline and couldn’t be saved, his death certificate said.

Pop Smoke had posted images on social media shortly before the shooting showing both the rented Airbnb home’s address on a gift bag and a large amount of cash. The cash was later found still inside a drawer at the rental home, according to testimony Friday.

When the rapper’s “Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon” was released in July, it debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with fellow rap stars Roddy Ricch, DaBaby, Lil Baby, Future, Quavo and Swae Lee listed as guest performers.

It was a massive hit, spawning multiple international top-10 singles including the R&B inspired track “What You Know Bout Love,” which also became a Top 10 song of the year on TikTok.

If convicted as charged, Walker would be eligible for the death penalty, the Los Angeles County district attorney said.

For me, Pop Smoke's memory is not just limited to music. His charisma, his phenomenon reached far beyond it, as seen in his humility to fans, in his sardonic fashion sense that somehow convinced him to wear chains like these. It's tragic how we lost a fine artist like him so early, without having relished them fully, and even more tragic that we lost him to a murderer. Rest in peace.

https://balleralert.com/profiles/blo...pt-vandalized/

Pop Smoke's Gravesite Crypt Vandalized, Possible Drag Marks Left On The Ground

Over the weekend, Pop Smoke?s gravesite was destroyed with the crypt smashed.

According to TMZ, witnesses came across Pop Smoke?s gravesite being destroyed early Saturday morning at the Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, NY. The rapper was laid to rest last year after being murdered in early 2020.

In the pictures obtained by the publication, you can see that his grave was singled out. The marble crypt was broken into pieces with debris on the ground. The witnesses say that there were also ?burned and discarded joints? near the site.

The pictures also indicate that the perpetrators may have gotten into the rapper?s tomb after noticing drag marks on the ground. One of the pictures shows a concrete slab that sits above one?s casket to separate the caskets from above, laying on the ground.

It is unclear if the casket was still inside, but security was notified about the incident. A few hours later after the incident was noticed, the rapper?s plaque was replaced with a blank one and caution tape around the area.

It is uncertain if the plaque will be replaced and who will pay for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What the fuck is WRONG with people? Let the guy rest in peace. I hope they didn't get to the body. Sickos.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...moke-rcna78642

Man pleads guilty to manslaughter in robbery killing of rapper Pop Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...moke-rcna78642

Man pleads guilty to manslaughter in robbery killing of rapper Pop Smoke
    Well, that's his way of getting an easier sentence. At least he's saving the tax payer's some money.

Thread Information