Thread: Rapper Pop Smoke murdered in home invasion robbery

Rapper Pop Smoke murdered in home invasion robbery

6:56 AM PT -- The home where owned by Teddi Mellencamp's husband Edwin Arroyave who owns several homes in Los Angeles.It's possible Pop Smoke was renting the property.

Pop Smoke, an up and coming rapper, was shot and killed Wednesday morning in what appears to be a home invasion robbery ... TMZ has learned.

The rapper was at a home in the Hollywood Hills at around 4:30 AM when 2 men wearing hoodies and masks broke into a house ... this according to law enforcement sources. We're told the 2 men fired multiple shots, striking and critically wounding Pop Smoke. The men were seen fleeing on foot.

Pop Smoke was rushed by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in West Hollywood where he was pronounced dead.

The suspects have not been caught and as far as we know they have not been identified. It's unclear if Pop Smoke knew the shooters. One man was placed in handcuffs but cops determined he was not involved and was released.

Pop Smoke released an album back in July and one of the songs, "Welcome to the Party," blew up ... it was considered by many the song of the summer. Nicki Minaj did a remix of the song a few months later. He also did a song, "Gatti," with Travis Scott.

We got Pop Smoke out at LAX back in July, and he told us about a hoop dream that came true.

Pop Smoke was 20.

RIP

Last edited by up2trouble; 02-19-2020 at 06:07 AM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I have never heard of this guy. He was way too young though. Completely possible that he was targeted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I have never heard of this guy. He was way too young though. Completely possible that he was targeted.
    My (college-age) students have spent all morning telling me I'm old because I've never heard of this guy. They said that he is good and played his music for me from their playlists.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    My (college-age) students have spent all morning telling me I'm old because I've never heard of this guy. They said that he is good and played his music for me from their playlists.
    1. I AM old
    2. It's not my style of music so I'm not super surprised that I don't know who he is.

I will say this, his voice is a billion times better than most of the mumbling crap I hear out there.

Yeah, Hollywood Hills isn't really known for its home invasions. Burglaries? Absolutely. But going in at 4:30am tells me that they wanted this guy to be home. I think this was an intentional hit.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

I listen to mainly rap music and I have never heard of this guy. But there are so many up and coming artists it's impossible to know everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/19/pop-s...asion-robbery/

And, there's this ... Pop Smoke posted the address of the home earlier in the day. He was showing off gift bags he had received and one had the home's address. As for why he was getting gift bags ... his mix tape hit #7 on the Billboard 200 chart Tuesday.

dumbass move

FFS. What an idiot. Well, targeted for sure, but now I'm not sure if it was to kill him or really dumb people thinking it was a good idea to rob him while he was home.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Really? Ask them if they've ever seen Pantera play at the Aragon Ballroom
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

This guy in the video with the blue bandana is about to lose his baggy pants. :lol:
    Never heard of him. Of course he was way too young. Maybe he had connections to the wrong kind of people? Who knows. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    This guy in the video with the blue bandana is about to lose his baggy pants. :lol:
    Never heard of him. Of course he was way too young. Maybe he had connections to the wrong kind of people? Who knows. RIP.
    Looks like it. Just read that he was targeted, and it wasn't a robbery. Unable to link right now but it was from TMZ.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I don't really listen to rap anymore.
    My rapper of choice is Ludacris.
    I guess that lets you know how old I am. Lol!
    I hope they catch the pos that killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Looks like it. Just read that he was targeted, and it wasn't a robbery. Unable to link right now but it was from TMZ.
    POP SMOKE MURDER APPEARS TO BE TARGETED HIT ... Not A Robbery

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/20/pop-s...t-not-robbery/

Pop Smoke's death wasn't a robbery gone wrong ... it was a targeted hit ... and that conclusion is supported by surveillance video.

People who have seen the surveillance footage from outside the Hollywood Hills home where Pop was killed Wednesday morning tell us ... you see 4 men approach the home at around 4:30 AM and sneak around back.

A couple minutes pass before 3 of the 4 walk back up the side of the home to the front. The 4th apparently walked in the backdoor but no camera was trained on it. The next time you see the man, he exits through the front door of the house.

As we reported, multiple shots were fired inside the home and they only struck Pop Smoke, who was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

At first, it seemed like it might have been a robbery because the rapper posted a photo earlier in the day of a bunch of gifts ... one of which had his home address emblazoned on it. He also posted another pic hours before the shooting of himself and a friend in a car ... the friend is holding an enormous amount of cash.

But, here's the thing. The folks who have seen the surveillance video tell us the person inside the house -- presumably the shooter -- did not carry anything out. Given that he shot someone, it's doubtful he would take the time to stuff items in his pocket.

Pop Smoke was only 20 and already making a name for himself in music. His song, "Welcome to the Party" was remixed by Nicki Minaj and he appeared on Travis Scott's latest project "JACKBOYS." His mix tape charted #7 Tuesday on the Billboard 200.

Cops continue to investigate the murder and have not arrested or named any suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I don't really listen to rap anymore.
    My rapper of choice is Ludacris.
    I guess that lets you know how old I am. Lol!
    I hope they catch the pos that killed him.
    I loved Ludacris.....brings me back to my high school days!

Where's my toaster?
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Where's my toaster?
    I told you that you had to bring Peace back. She's the giver of the toasters. I saw her pop on briefly, but not long enough to hand out toasters.

Pop, got smoked. Dumbass.

Thread Information