Thread: Thomas Leinneweber (10) missing fom Mason County, WA since 2/17/2020

Thomas Leinneweber (10) missing fom Mason County, WA since 2/17/2020

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...ir/4793128002/

Rescuers are continuing to search for a 10-year-old Mason County child who went missing Monday afternoon after visiting a friend's house, according to the Mason County Sheriff's Office.

Thomas Leinneweber was last seen on the 3200 block of Rasor Road West, just southwest of Belfair. He was home alone with his 8-year-old sister when he walked from his Labrador Lane home to visit a friend on Rasor Road. When the friend wasn't there, he left -- and has not been seen since, the sheriff's office said.

The sheriff's office has been combing the area with help from search teams and K9s in the time since. They described the area, between Trails End Lake and Devereaux Lake, as "very wooded."

Leinneweber an Alaskan native male, 4 feet six inches tall, 60 pounds with short black hair and brown eyes. He wears black-rimmed eye glasses. He was last seen wearing a camouflage Carhartt-brand coat, blue jeans, and either brown Romeo boots or black rubber boots.

"We are asking the public to check all their property hiding places, barns, sheds, under vehicles and anywhere their might be coverage or heat for the evening where Thomas might be standing by for the night," the sheriff's office said on social media.

The search continues; the sheriff's office said Tuesday that new search teams were preparing to start later this morning. They remind anyone to remain outside the search area, which could hinder their efforts.

The sheriff's office urges anyone with information on his whereabouts to call (360) 426-4441.

Are we sure he was walking to a friend’s house?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Are we sure he was walking to a friend’s house?
    I don't believe anything anymore in these cases until it can be verified.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Are we sure he was walking to a friend?s house?
    That's my question. Perhaps the Sister knew he was going there, but how would anyone know that the friend wasn't home and that he left? Was anyone home at the friend's house at all? Who was that person?

If he's from the area, it's unlikely that he got lost in the woods. Unless he was injured or came in to contact with a wild animal, it doesn't make sense that he'd go missing traveling to and from a friend's house unless he was abducted. I wonder how big or small this town is.

ETA: Super small town. I'm assuming abductions don't happen often there. However, these small areas also sometimes have the weirdest people living there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfair,_Washington
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 02-18-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news...ir/4793128002/

Mason County Chief Ryan Spurling said during a press conference on Monday morning that Thomas told friends he had a plan to run away. Friends interviewed by law enforcement reported providing him some food for the trip. Spurling said searchers found a banana peel and an orange peel in the area — fruit they believe Thomas consumed.

Spurling said multiple counties have lent resources to the search. He said its unclear how long Thomas' family has lived in the area, but the boy and his friends had play areas and forts in the woods in the neighborhood that have been searched.

"We're preparing for an extended search to try to find him," Spurling said.

The sheriff's office has been combing the area with help from search teams and K-9s in the time since. They described the area, between Trails End Lake and Devereaux Lake, as "very wooded."
    "We are asking the public to check all their property hiding places, barns, sheds, under vehicles and anywhere there might be coverage or heat for the evening where Thomas might be standing by for the night," the sheriff's office said on social media.

Spurling said many locals have joined the search on their own. He urged them to be cognizant of the efforts of search teams and law enforcement, who are executing the search methodically.

"A lot of them were carrying handguns," Spurling said. "It makes for a tense situation."

Ugh. This isn't the time of year to run away in to the woods Hopefully they find him soon and he's okay.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Good news!

https://q13fox.com/2020/02/17/police...-mason-county/

Authorities say missing 10-year-old boy Thomas Leinneweber has been found alive.

Leinneweber was missing for more than a day in the Belfair area before he was located on Tuesday. Officials say he was taken to the hospital for examination.

This is a developing story and will be updated

Found alive!

Missing Belfair 10-year-old boy is found

BELFAIR ? A 10-year-old Mason County child who went missing on Monday was found Tuesday afternoon, according to a Tweet by the Mason County Sheriff's Office.

"We have located our missing 10-year-old," the sheriff's office posted in a Tweet at about 4 p.m. on Tuesday. Thomas Leinneweber had been reported missing on Monday afternoon after visiting a friend's house but not returning.

Rescuers began their search on Monday and continued looking Tuesday.

"Thomas is ok and being checked by medical personnel outside the search area at this time," the sheriff's office reported in the Tweet. "We want to thank all the agencies that assisted in locating Thomas."

The sheriff's office later reported on social media that Thomas "has cold weather exposure symptoms and is being treated outside the search area."

I wonder how far away from home he was found?

So glad this one has a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thank dog for small miracles. I wonder what prompted him to run away? I mean we all threatened to do it at some stage, but it seems like this kid was super serious about it with all of the planning and genuinely staying in the woods in the cold. I hope they check things out in that household.
    Oh well, back to gum.

https://komonews.com/news/local/miss...p-from-friends

As of Tuesday evening, Monk had not been reunited with her son, pending a hold by the county's Child Protective Services Department, which also placed her two young daughters into protective care as well.

Before he was found, the last sighting of Thomas was reported by a neighbor at about 3 p.m. Monday in the 3200 block of East Rasor Road.

Deputies say Thomas had been telling his friends he was planning to run away for a while, and went to a friend's house at 3 a.m. Tuesday to get additional supplies while on the run, according to Deputy Ryan Spurling with the Mason County Sheriff's Office.

His mother says Thomas had been at his home with a neighbor and his siblings while his mom was at work Monday, but his mom thinks he left his home on Labrador Lane because he was upset at being grounded after getting in trouble the day before.

"Thomas has been grounded because he had left to go his friend's house without permission (Sunday)," said his mother Anita Monk, who had adopted him from the Yukon River area of Alaska when he was 6. "He's been grounded from electronics because he's been getting up in the night playing with them and staying up all night on school nights. He got in trouble because he broke the new tablet that I just bought him and his sisters for Christmas, so I said, 'You owe me money because you broke that and now I have to replace it, so you have to work today.' "

Thomas was expected to do some chores such as clean up an outside shed and their bunny cages. But the neighbor went outside to find Thomas was out there squirting shaving cream all over his sister getting in even further trouble, Monk said.

Later, the neighbor asked Thomas' older sister to go check on him, and he was missing. Their younger sister said Thomas left for friend's house.

Monk said he'd never left for his friend's house like that before by himself. But that friend wasn't home, apparently at a third friend's home, so Thomas went there.

"He's never done that before; never run away before," Monk said. "He knew he was going to be in trouble when I got home, so he decided he wasn't going to be here when I got here, apparently."

Thomas did make it to that friend's house about a half-mile away and that third friend was told by Thomas that he had supplies to survive in the woods and was running away. "So, he gave him food; gave him an apple and a banana and something else and Thomas took off," Monk said.

Search dogs have found the fruit behind the friend's house, but Thomas has not been seen since.

"I think he's lost in the woods some place, and I'm really scared because it's really cold," Monk said early Tuesday morning. "He doesn't have any survival skills, I don't think he'd know what to do."

As many as 50-60 members of search teams from Mason, Thurston, Pierce and Kitsap Counties are on the ground while a search helicopter from King County with a heat-sensing camera is looking from the air, according to Troy Jasmin with the Mason County Sheriff's Office.

But as the search continued, investigators learned Thomas may have been planning to run away and even told friends and classmates about the plot.

"Apparently, there's quite a few kids that knew about this and hopefully it'll lead us to him," Spurling said. "Sounds like he had enough supplies to be fine (Monday) night or stayed at somebody's place -- we don't know that for sure yet."

Detectives have learned Thomas visited a friend's house at 3 a.m. who apparently gave him supplies and a backpack. Spurling says with Thomas' early childhood spent growing up in the rugged rural Alaska terrain, he would be more comfortable in the woods and cold than children who grew up locally.

Hmmmm..... CPS took the other kids too? There's more to this story. I can see holding off on returning him after the ordeal until they check things out, but to remove the other children?
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Hmmmm..... CPS took the other kids too? There's more to this story. I can see holding off on returning him after the ordeal until they check things out, but to remove the other children?
    Yeah, I had the same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, I had the same thought.
    If I turn out being right that something isn't right with that household, I fully expect Peace to show up and bring me a toaster
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    If I turn out being right that something isn't right with that household, I fully expect Peace to show up and bring me a toaster
    Please work on getting Peace back over here, and I will work on making sure you get your toaster!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Please work on getting Peace back over here, and I will work on making sure you get your toaster!
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information