Thread: Sarah McCarthy (28) was found dead in a submerged car in a river after going missing

Sarah McCarthy (28) was found dead in a submerged car in a river after going missing

https://wgme.com/news/local/police-s...g-sebago-woman

The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office wants the public to help its search for a woman who left work in Cornish Friday night but did not meet up with a friend in Conway, NH as planned.

Saturday afternoon, police said the family of Sarah McCarthy, 28, is very concerned after McCarthy left the Fairgrounds Pizza and Pub just before midnight Friday.

McCarthy spoke with her family and friends shortly after leaving work but, "she sounded very disoriented and claimed she did not know where she was," police were told.

McCarthy works at the pub on Maple Street as a bartender and waitress

She planned to meet a friend in Conway but never arrived.

Police said McCarthy was last seen driving away from work in a dark gray 2010 Subaru Forester with a Maine license plate 9696WK.

Family, friends and police spent Saturday searching for McCarthy but have yet to locate her.

"McCarthy?s family is very concerned for Sarah and reported that it is unlike her to not return home or to answer her cell phone," according to a press release.

She is a white, 5 feet 4 inches tall and 130 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Cumberland County Sheriff?s Office at 207-893-2810.

Her mom has posted an interesting fact -- Sarie was on the phone with a friend who heard a woman, who had apparently driven by, stop and asked her if she was ok right before Sarie's phone died. I hope that woman comes forward to provide more info as to where this happened and what Sarie might have said to her.

Did she take a different route or something and got lost on her way home?

I wonder if she was diabetic or had a medical condition that affected her mentation?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Disoriented

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Did she take a different route or something and got lost on her way home?

I wonder if she was diabetic or had a medical condition that affected her mentation?
    I haven't seen anyone mention anything kind of medical condition so far. But family members stated they were surprised that she sounded disoriented. I've seen theories that maybe she was slipped something while at work, but that's just a theory. If she started feeling effects of a drug, maybe she pulled over, continued to feel "off" and started calling friends/family because she wasn't sure where she was. Unfortunately, her phone died so conversations were brief and now the phone is untraceable because it's off. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlizz35 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention anything kind of medical condition so far. But family members stated they were surprised that she sounded disoriented. I've seen theories that maybe she was slipped something while at work, but that's just a theory. If she started feeling effects of a drug, maybe she pulled over, continued to feel "off" and started calling friends/family because she wasn't sure where she was. Unfortunately, her phone died so conversations were brief and now the phone is untraceable because it's off. :(
    Hi TheBlizz-welcome to MDS! Are you friends with her or the family, or from that area?

I'm in the New England area - but no, don't know her or her family. I'm only going by what her mom/cousin posted on FB. Just hate thinking she's out there, disoriented and cold. Really hope she's ok.

I'm in the New England area - but no, don't know her or her family. I'm only going by what her mom/cousin posted on FB. Just hate thinking she's out there, disoriented and cold. Really hope she's ok.
    Yeah, me too...there are a ton of missing persons stories, but I try to post the ones that really 'get to me'. This one has me worried!

Feel free to link to the FB pages, or post snippets from them. Is there a search FB page for her?

Oh no... I've been watching her mom's facebook posting: https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.m...Y09YFDlGZTQBCb

and the lastest comments seem to be saying they found her (or at least her car) after it went off a local bridge (Kezar Bridge). Her mom hasn't updated the FB page yet, so to me this hasn't yet been confirmed yet. Still lot of unanswered questions about why Sarie was feeling disoriented and who the woman was who might have asked if she was ok. Did Sarie continue driving after that and then have a medical emergency and go over the bridge? So so sad if this is true.

It's been confirmed -- Sarie has been found in her car submerged. :( Was so hoping for different outcome.

https://www.wmtw.com/article/body-of...river/30954378

Oh no... I've been watching her mom's facebook posting: https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.m...Y09YFDlGZTQBCb

and the lastest comments seem to be saying they found her (or at least her car) after it went off a local bridge (Kezar Bridge). Her mom hasn't updated the FB page yet, so to me this hasn't yet been confirmed yet. Still lot of unanswered questions about why Sarie was feeling disoriented and who the woman was who might have asked if she was ok. Did Sarie continue driving after that and then have a medical emergency and go over the bridge? So so sad if this is true.
    looks like it's true and they found her body.

https://www.wmtw.com/article/body-of...river/30954378

Police say they found the body of 28-year-old Sarah McCarthy, of Sebago, submerged in a vehicle in the Ossipee River on Sunday afternoon.

Investigators say evidence on the scene suggested McCarthy was speeding and failed to take a turn. Her car then went off into a snowbank and into the river.
    Advertisement

A passerby driving along Elm Street and Federal Road in Parsonsfield initially notified police about the submerged vehicle.

Police deputies with the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office are working with the state medical examiner to determine a cause of death.
    As you said though, still questions about why she was feeling disoriented and who the woman was.

I was afraid she would get into a wreck because of her disorientation hopefully they will get some answers from the ME.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information