Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Faye Marie Swetlik (6) was found murdered three days after she disappeared after getting off the school bus

Quote Originally Posted by jlawrence View Post
    Are you a member of the group? Who do they think killed her, his roommate?

I'm waiting on the autopsies that are being released today, but it really is strange that this 30 year old man with no criminal history and no one with a bad word about him just decides to abduct and murder a little girl one day. Yes, it isn't uncommon for someone to go from 0 to 100 like this, but it's suspicious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'd like to know too. It has crossed my mind that maybe the roommate killed both Faye and Coty. But if that were the case, I would think that the roommate would be in custody right now and the police wouldn't have identified Coty publicly.

Yeah, I couldn't resist. Typical dumpster fire.

It has crossed my mind that maybe the roommate killed both Faye and Coty.
    That seems to be one theory going on over there. I suppose we will know more this afternoon after the press release.

Yeah, I couldn't resist. Typical dumpster fire.

That seems to be one theory going on over there. I suppose we will know more this afternoon after the press release.
    Haha, I thought about joining, but I am trying to keep the level of crazy in my life down as my new year's resolution.

Keep us posted on what they say over there!

Keep us posted on what they say over there!
    LMAO well for starters, they just changed the name of the group.

Over a thousand members. Probably mostly trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Country Mac View Post
    I'm waiting on the autopsies that are being released today, but it really is strange that this 30 year old man with no criminal history and no one with a bad word about him just decides to abduct and murder a little girl one day. Yes, it isn't uncommon for someone to go from 0 to 100 like this, but it's suspicious to me.
    It does seem a little odd to me or at least, atypical.
    Allegedly his Reddit.
    Seemed like your run of the mill nerd gamer.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ation-n1138156

A child's polka dot boot and a soup ladle with fresh dirt led police to the body of a 6-year-old kidnapping and homicide victim, South Carolina police said Tuesday.

Fist-grader Faye Swetlik was found last week near her home in Cayce and she died by asphyxiation at the hands of a neighbor, officials revealed.

"Faye’s death did not occur at the location where her body was discovered," Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher told reporters. "We have concluded Faye’s death was a homicide and took place within a few hours of when she was abducted."

She was killed by her neighbor, previously identified as 30-year-old Coty Scott Taylor, police said.

"Evidence leads us to believe the deceased abducted and killed 6-year-old Faye Marie Swetlik and it appears that he is the sole perpetrator of this crime," Cayce Director of Public Safety Byron Snellgrove said.
    The big break in the case came moments earlier when police, following garbage trucks in the Churchill Heights neighborhood of Cayce, found the boot and ladle in Taylor's trash, officials said.

"I happened to be on scene at that time. Upon seeing these items I called for assistance to do an additional and immediate grid search of the areas" behind the nearby homes of Swetlik and Taylor, Snellgrove said.

"As assistance was coming, I went into the woods behind the townhomes and just before 10:30 a.m. I located the body of Faye Swetlik."

Moments later, "police were notified of a residence, that there was a man bleeding on the back patio," according to the police chief.

"Officers immediately went to his aid and found a deceased white male," previously identified as Taylor, Snellgrove said.

Swetlik was last seen around 3:45 p.m. on that Monday afternoon playing outside her family's home and the girl's mother called 911 about an hour later.

Taylor had been interviewed in his home by police on Wednesday but gave no hint he was connected to Swetlik's disappearance, police said.

"He was cooperative and gave consent to agents to look through the house," Snellgrove said. "Those agents did not see anything that alerted them to believe that he had knowledge or was in any way involved in Faye's disappearance."

https://www.gofundme.com/f/faye-mari...neral-expenses

https://www.wistv.com/2020/02/18/aut...wetliks-death/

The autopsy showed Faye died just a few hours after she was abducted.

Officials said the 6-year-old died of “asphyxiation,” which means the suspect cut off her air supply. It’s not clear if she was strangled or suffocated.

When police found Faye’s body, they said she had only been there a short time. The coroner said Faye did not die where she was found.

Police also found the body of a 30-year-old neighbor, Coty Taylor, a short time after finding Faye.

Tuesday, police said Taylor killed Faye, and that he was the only one involved in her death.

Law enforcement confirms Taylor was seen on video “doing some suspicious things” but would not elaborate. @wis10
    — Caroline Hecker (@CHecker_WIS) February 18, 2020

Police questioned Taylor on Wednesday afternoon -- two days after officials believed he killed the little girl.

He gave officers permission to search his home. At that time, they did not find any evidence.

However, the next morning officers were going through trash cans in the neighborhood when they found one of Faye’s rain boots she was wearing when she was last seen. It was in Taylor’s trash can.

They also found a soup ladle with freshly dug dirt, Cayce Department of Public Safety Director Byron Snellgrove said.

DNA links Swetlik to Taylor’s apartment, law enforcement confirms. @wis10
    — Caroline Hecker (@CHecker_WIS) February 18, 2020

Taylor’s cause of death was not discussed in Tuesday’s news conference out of respect for Faye’s family, but it was shared after the fact.

He killed himself, the coroner said. Details of when that happened have not been shared.

Those who want to donate to Faye’s family can go to any Wells Fargo and mention the memorial fund for “Faye Marie Swetlik.” There is also one GoFundMe that will benefit the family -- no other fundraisers are legitimate.

Funeral expenses for little Faye will be covered by the funeral home.

A public memorial service for Faye will be held at Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce on Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. Her family wants everyone who attends to wear bright colors in honor of Faye’s bright and bubbly personality.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He took her, probably did horrible things to her then knew he would be fucked. So killed her and kept her body somewhere. Who is this roommate and how weren't they aware that something was going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    He took her, probably did horrible things to her then knew he would be fucked. So killed her and kept her body somewhere. Who is this roommate and how weren't they aware that something was going on?
    If I remember correctly, the roommate was out of town while she was taken.

Dude slit his own throat.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

If I remember correctly, the roommate was out of town while she was taken.
    Okay, that makes more sense.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

I absolutely have to believe this was not his first time. Just the first time he got sloppy.

It's interesting that he was smart enough to hide the body right after but so incredibly stupid as to put evidence in his own trash. So amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    It's interesting that he was smart enough to hide the body right after but so incredibly stupid as to put evidence in his own trash. So amateur.
    Yeah, I really think this was his first time. It sounds like her body was in his apartment for a while and then dumped so I wouldn't say he was smart about hiding it. Just that cops didn't have a warrant to search when they questioned him.
    Oh well, back to gum.

I read he let them search his place but the cops saw nothing suspicious

Yeah, from what I read they think he killed her within hours, and I think he buried her that night. He used a soup ladle to dig the grave and threw her rain boot into his own trash. I don't think he did a very good job on the crime. My guess is that this was his 1st .

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    I read he let them search his place but the cops saw nothing suspicious
    I hadn't read about it much so didn't know that. Was just going off of them knowing that she had been killed hours after her abduction. I figured with the search efforts she would have been found earlier though? I thought he dumped the body then committed suicide right after that.
    Oh well, back to gum.

No one's sure where he put the body at first. His car trunk?

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/03/...stions-remain/

A law enforcement official has said that authorities will not be releasing any new information about the Faye Swetlik murder investigation until the case file is closed.

On Thursday, Cayce Department of Public Service spokesperson Sgt. Even Antley told CrimeOnline there were no immediate plans for a news conference to share updates on the investigation.

Well..... The guy who killed her is dead so I can see why they wouldn't have to.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information