Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89
Results 2,201 to 2,212 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He says there was not enough research out there on how it affects children. I got it right when it came out to them.
    Then he's a , sorry, not sorry. See, children die from covid, and are still dying from covid, and not just the ones who have preexisting conditions either. I have personally witnessed
    absofuckinglutely normal kids die from covid. You don't want to see what I've seen, or do what I've done. Ask your husband if he'd like to be the one to carry your child to the morgue. Done that. You don't want to hear the wail of a mother who just lost their child to this disease. It will haunt your dreams. And you for damn sure don't want to be that mother.

There's so goddamn much misinformation about the shot, and half this goddamn country can't read beyond a fifth grade level but think they understand any of the science behind it.

Let me step down off my soapbox. Sorry. Make sure he understands that, while the shot is not without risks in itself, contracting covid is like Russian roulette, and the more health problems a child or an adult has, the more bullets are in the chambers. Those are not good odds, and as I've worked with some hella sick children, I can tell you that there are parents out there right now who are, with every breath, wishing they could turn back the clock. As I said before, we are losing children to covid who have zero preexisting conditions. Nothing wrong with them, and yet they are losing the battle against covid.

You did the right thing, and I will back you 10000000000000000000%

And even though the admissions for covid are wayyyyyyyy down from what they were years ago, it's still concerning, and the virus is still evolving.

One thing I do advise is that if you get any kind of shot, only get one at a time. I'm old as fvck and I got my flu,shingles and pneumonia shots all at the same time last year, and I was out of commission for four days, actually lost a job because of it. I was out cold. Couldn't stay awake for any longer than an hour at a time Slept more then than I had in the previous two years.

And contrary to popular opinion, there is a literal fuckton of research done on vaccines and their effectiveness. It's how we damn near eradicated many diseases. Unfortunately, thanks to the dumbass brigade, Playboy model, and others who don't read, people get into their heads that somehow they know more than the people who study this shit day in and day out for decades of their lives. That doesn't matter to the public, though, because they'll believe that winged horses are in every barn and that prayer will save them from just about anything.

Life is no faerie tale, and real dangers exist. Covid, just like SARS, ZIKA, Smallpox, and Ebola, will fucking kill you and not give half a damn. One of my coworkers contracted ebola from a patient of hers. Had she not been employed where she was and gotten the prompt treatment she did, she would have been dead, too.

Just be safe. Keep hand sanitizer handy and use that shit after every encounter in public. People are fucking disgusting, and they don't give two shits about anyone else, so you have to protect yourself.

Flu season is coming up and I've already seen at least one child who had flu, RSV and covid AT THE SAME TIME. She tested positive for all three, and she must have had one hell of an immune system because she was dancing and singing for almost her entire hospital stay. There were times when she looked like she felt like hammered shit, but she just tried to smile...it was the sweetest and yet, saddest sight to see...she was soooo sick.

Annnyyywayyyyy, ya'll have a good Hump day.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Welp. It finally got me. Sort of. I've been sick for a week now. Tested - several times. So must be just a horrid cold. Mom caught it. She's tested + this morning and is in the hospital. I retested, still -. Tested roomie and she's + so anyhow. Dodged it up until now, but...

Please take care of you even though you're worried about her. It can sneak up behind you and kick your tush.

We, knocking of fake wood, have not had it but I'm super paranoid and boostered up the wazoo. I still avoid certain places because I just feel hinky about them. I also avoid a few friends because they not only don't care, they actively don't care. I care.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

My younger sister just got Covid for the first time. I am hoping I don't get it again (I haven't been around her, but I know it's going around).

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, Puzz. And hope your mom gets through it okay!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Sorry about your sister Nic. I hope you dont get it again.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 11-07-2023 at 05:57 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Welp. It finally got me. Sort of. I've been sick for a week now. Tested - several times. So must be just a horrid cold. Mom caught it. She's tested + this morning and is in the hospital. I retested, still -. Tested roomie and she's + so anyhow. Dodged it up until now, but...
    How are you feeling and how is she doing? Im so sorry

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Oh no - I hope you feel better. How is your mom doing? How are you doing today?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I hope you and everyone are doing okay. Sending the good vibes to you and the family. Please check in when you get the chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Husband has COVID again. I have strep throat. I really hope I dont get COVID too, I already feel like shit.

Husband has COVID again. I have strep throat. I really hope I dont get COVID too, I already feel like shit.
    Oh man, I'm so sorry. It seems to be going around here, too. My boss tested positive Monday after work, so I bought some test because the ones I have expired.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I had to wait to get my booster since I just had it in September, but I'll be going for it in January because I truly believe the vaccine and boosters is what saved me from getting it worse than I did.

Hopefully you escape it, Ang. Please take care of yourself
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yeah they tested me for the flu and covid yesterday, and I was negative.

I remember when it first hit our house, my husband got it on the 8th and I celebrated on the 18th because i didnt get it. Felt like shit on the 19th and tested positive.

Then last year I got it on the 8th. But he never got it.

I hope I dont get it but Im not hopeful. My nieces bday party is Saturday so I will test before, if I decide to go.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 12-06-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Ugh, I'm sorry, Ang. That seriously sucks.

Thread Information