Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

My husband is dumb but at least he got vaccinated. I had to make the app for him but he got it. He lost his vaccination card though. I carry mine around with me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I ran into a friend today while taking care of another friend's cat while she is out of town. He and his whole family got COVID back in September. He ended up in the hospital. His wife was in and out of the hospital a couple of times. I was complimenting him on their new car and he told me that his wife bought it a few weeks before she got sick. After she got well she didn't even remember getting a new car. She said it was like getting a new car again. That's freaking scary.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I ran into a friend today while taking care of another friend's cat while she is out of town. He and his whole family got COVID back in September. He ended up in the hospital. His wife was in and out of the hospital a couple of times. I was complimenting him on their new car and he told me that his wife bought it a few weeks before she got sick. After she got well she didn't even remember getting a new car. She said it was like getting a new car again. That's freaking scary.
    It totally is. People don't stop and think about how this disease affects their neurological system. When people lose their sense of smell and taste, it means it's INFECTED YOUR BRAIN. And people laugh about it. As someone with a Neuro disease, it blows my fucking mind.

It's a serious virus, not a fucking Parlour Trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Was she in a coma or something?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It can affect your memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It can affect your memory.
    Wow I didnt realize it affected it thatmuch.

No. It can just cause memory loss. Her husband says he still can't taste or smell almost 3 months later.

Wow I didnt realize it affected it thatmuch.
    No. It can just cause memory loss. Her husband says he still can't taste or smell almost 3 months later.
    Ang, anything that infects your brain can cause a myriad of neurological symptoms. It just depends on what part of the brain it infects. The reason why it affects people's sense of smell and taste is because the virus has reached the brain. It's basically attacking your brain. How much damage it can do remains to be seen, but we'll have to figure that out after years have past and what symptoms people who have had it full on report.

There's a reason people take this seriously. Just pointing that out. Some get by with a very bad cold. Others end up on a vent fighting for their lives. Both can have long term effects that include Neurological issues.

Ang, anything that infects your brain can cause a myriad of neurological symptoms. It just depends on what part of the brain it infects. The reason why it affects people's sense of smell and taste is because the virus has reached the brain. It's basically attacking your brain. How much damage it can do remains to be seen, but we'll have to figure that out after years have past and what symptoms people who have had it full on report.

There's a reason people take this seriously. Just pointing that out. Some get by with a very bad cold. Others end up on a vent fighting for their lives. Both can have long term effects that include Neurological issues.
    This. All of this. The one other person that I personally know who had it is 68, and it is a year later and his sense of smell and taste have not returned. I don't need to lose large parts of my brain function...I need all of it I can get. This is why I take it so seriously and am appalled and angered at people that don't. Don't fuck with my life, it's not your right!

Why does it blow my mind? Because what I have (M.S.) was never a choice. It just happened and I had no way of stopping it and I still don't.

This virus? IT CAN BE CONTROLLED. Not completely, but at least you have a chance with the vaccine. WHY anyone would risk having the kind of symptoms I have on the daily and still don't do the bare minimum to avoid it is beyond me. Maybe they need a day or 360 in my body to actually get it. The difference is that they could actually become "normal" again. I can't.

Ungrateful assholes.

I wish I could lose my sense of taste for a while without getting covid. I feel like that could help my dieting immensely. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Welfare handouts for the anti-vaxxer crazies, courtesy of your tax dollars!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...id=mailsignout

Red States Are Now Paying Unemployment Benefits to Anti-Vaxxers Who Quit Their Jobs

On Oct. 20, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds announced a crackdown on unemployment benefits. She required recipients to double their job-search activity, and she imposed strict audits—with the threat of cutting off payments to anyone who fell short—to ensure that “no Iowan who is receiving unemployment benefits unnecessarily remains on the sidelines” of the job market.

Nine days later, however, Reynolds signed legislation that pays vaccine refusers to do just that: sit on the sidelines. Under the new law, anyone “discharged from employment for refusing to receive a vaccination against COVID-19 … shall not be disqualified for benefits.”

Reynolds is one of many Republican politicians who openly advocate, and in some states have successfully imposed, a two-tiered system of unemployment insurance. It’s not a left-wing policy of money for everyone or a right-wing policy of money for no one. It’s a policy of pernicious hypocrisy: welfare for vaccine refusers, tough love for everyone else.

Under these new laws, any worker who gets fired for broadly defined “misconduct,” such as flunking an employer-imposed drug test, is disqualified from unemployment benefits—but employees who refuse COVID vaccination are glorified, protected, and subsidized. The state must guarantee, in Reynolds’ words, that these reckless freeloaders “will still receive unemployment benefits despite being fired for standing up for their beliefs.”

The GOP’s coddling of vaccine refusers makes a joke of its rhetoric about self-reliance. This summer, for instance, Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee ended the federal government’s supplemental COVID-era unemployment benefits. “We are paying people to stay home. That needs to change,” he declared. But two weeks ago, Lee signed legislation that pays vaccine refusers to stay home. Under Tennessee’s new policy, the state’s normal rule about employees fired for “misconduct”—that they lose their eligibility for unemployment benefits—can no longer be applied to anyone who is terminated for “refusing to receive a vaccination for COVID-19.”

In May, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced that he, too, would end bonus payments to unemployed Floridians. These payments, he argued, had created a perverse “incentive structure” that discouraged people from working. But DeSantis signed legislation two weeks ago that sets up a similar incentive structure, exclusively for people who defy COVID vaccine requirements (albeit with lower payments than when the federal government was still offering an extra $300 per week in benefits). Under the new law, vaccine refusal can’t “be deemed misconduct for the purpose of reemployment assistance.” In fact, the Florida law says that if you’re unemployed and you’re offered a job that requires vaccination, you can turn it down and stay on the dole.

Welfare handouts for the anti-vaxxer crazies, courtesy of your tax dollars!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...id=mailsignout

Red States Are Now Paying Unemployment Benefits to Anti-Vaxxers Who Quit Their Jobs
    Unfuckingbelievable. Fuck them. You want to be independent and make your own choices, then live with those choices. Not on my dime.

In other news, the first confirmed US case of Omicron is detected it CA. Yay us!

Unfuckingbelievable. Fuck them. You want to be independent and make your own choices, then live with those choices. Not on my dime.

In other news, the first confirmed US case of Omicron is detected it CA. Yay us!
    Fuck its here. Its over for us.

Please don't be Sacramento, please don't be Sacramento...

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Please don't be Sacramento, please don't be Sacramento...
    San Francisco and they arrived from South Africa on November 22nd. Plenty of time to share the wealth.

And I knew it would already be here. By the time they figure out that there's a variant, it's already too late. As far as testing for travel, you're only required to provide a negative PCR test within 3 days of your flight if you're vaccinated which we all know you can still carry it either way. Plenty of time to be infected within that window of time. It was inevitable.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 12-01-2021 at 02:09 PM.

San Francisco and they arrived from South Africa on November 22nd. Plenty of time to share the wealth.

And I knew it would already be here. By the time they figure out that there's a variant, it's already too late. As far as testing for travel, you're only required to provide a negative PCR test within 3 days of your flight if you're vaccinated which we all know you can still carry it either way. Plenty of time to be infected within that window of time. It was inevitable.
    That's pretty much Sacramento!

That's pretty much Sacramento!
    It is pretty close...

I'm afraid my friend will be saying goodbye to her husband soon. He's in ICU on a vent. Covid of course. Nice guy. Big guy, mid, late 50s? He's the one we call when our washer goes down. They both had C last year. Believed that they were immune, didn't get vaxxed, so here we are. I'm just so angry. Meanwhile, follow me to speak here!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Fuck my 8 year old nephew has COVID. There was a birthday party at his house last night. Guess who was there?

Fuck my 8 year old nephew has COVID. There was a birthday party at his house last night. Guess who was there?
    How is your nephew doing?

How is your nephew doing?
    Apparently hes fine, you would never have known he was sick. His dad feels like shit though, and he was vaccinated.

Apparently hes fine, you would never have known he was sick. His dad feels like shit though, and he was vaccinated.

That's good that his high fever finally broke, that shit is scary!

BIL is positive, which we already suspected. Hes feeling really bad. My sister was somehow negative though.

Thread Information