Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My husband said that his work still requires a mask even for the fully vaccinated.
    I told him to email his company and tell them that he doesn't need to wear a mask, because he's Republican.
    Not for nothing, but we're still wearing masks while we work even though we're vaccinated and so are probably all of our clients. There are different strains out there and possibly any number that could be resistant to the vaccine. I find nothing wrong with a workplace requiring masks considering their possible liability if anyone gets sick or dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Not for nothing, but we're still wearing masks while we work even though we're vaccinated and so are probably all of our clients. There are different strains out there and possibly any number that could be resistant to the vaccine. I find nothing wrong with a workplace requiring masks considering their possible liability if anyone gets sick or dies.
    I think she was joking.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think she was joking.
    Oops. Went RIGHT over my head

I think most places are trying to get away with not being sued by posting signs saying you are aware that you may catch covid by entering the premise.

Yes, it was a bad joke. Lol!
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

He sounds so much like Trump it's ridiculous.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...antis/2450536/

Florida Will Fill Void If “Small” Cruise Lines Leave: DeSantis
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Yeah. I'd love to see "Hank's Fishing and Boating" step up to "fill the void".

Remember when here in Canada we had everything under control and we were doing so well? What a shit show now! We are on our third wave, our fifth (I think) full lockdown here in Ontario, and I am losing my ever loving mind (what's left of it, anyways). Cmon Canada, get your shit together!

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    Remember when here in Canada we had everything under control and we were doing so well? What a shit show now! We are on our third wave, our fifth (I think) full lockdown here in Ontario, and I am losing my ever loving mind (what's left of it, anyways). Cmon Canada, get your shit together!
    Are a lot of people not getting vaccinated or is this younger people who haven't had the chance to get vaccinated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Are a lot of people not getting vaccinated or is this younger people who haven't had the chance to get vaccinated yet?
    We are at about 50% vaccination with one dose at this point. No one under 18 yet. There are definitely a lack of vaccines available. So we are being told anyways.

We just got news yesterday that we can again gather in groups of up to 5, but outside only. Our restaurants are only open for takeout/delivery. No movie theatres. No team sports. Golf and tennis just opened though! Schools are still closed and likely not to open before the end of the school year. Just seems to be dragging on here.

I gave blood last week and when you do they check you for COVID antibodies. Mine have always been negative up until now, but I'm showing a strong antibody reaction now...so I guess my vaccine is working well! It's kind of nice to get confirmation of that.

I gave blood last week and when you do they check you for COVID antibodies. Mine have always been negative up until now, but I'm showing a strong antibody reaction now...so I guess my vaccine is working well! It's kind of nice to get confirmation of that.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Welp, California is jumping on the vaccine lottery bandwagon. I could win over a million dollars.

https://abc7.com/gavin-newsom-press-...ovid/10703015/

Welp, California is jumping on the vaccine lottery bandwagon. I could win over a million dollars.

https://abc7.com/gavin-newsom-press-...ovid/10703015/
    Still no lottery for vaccines in Florida...I'm shocked.

Still no lottery for vaccines in Florida...I'm shocked.
    You people need to stop looking for handouts and get a job!
    I'm sure that's what your governor is thinking. I'm sure Georgia won't have a lottery either. Stupid Republican, Trump loving, asshole governors!

You people need to stop looking for handouts and get a job!
    I'm sure that's what your governor is thinking. I'm sure Georgia won't have a lottery either. Stupid Republican, Trump loving, asshole governors!
    Yep, you and I have no chance for a liberal handout like this!

I'm enjoying the Desantis vs the cruise industry thing. He belittled Norwegian when they wanted to require vaccines, said they were small and we didn't need them, and now Celebrity/Royal Caribbean have been approved by the CDC to sail next month from Florida and are going to require vaccines...and Dumb Dumb is posturing. The really funny thing is that they sail days before his ridiculous Trump ass-kiss law even takes effect. I need some popcorn, because it's gonna be great. Cruise ships are operated under foreign flags, and where they dock is under control of the Coast Guard...in Federal waters, not state water, so I think he's gonna get his ass handed to him after he tried to apply the penalty ($5000 per passenger) to them.

"We want all businesses to open, but we're going to try to prevent them from doing so safely and throw a huge tantrum if they do something logical and safe"-99% of the GOP.

Yep, you and I have no chance for a liberal handout like this!

I'm enjoying the Desantis vs the cruise industry thing. He belittled Norwegian when they wanted to require vaccines, said they were small and we didn't need them, and now Celebrity/Royal Caribbean have been approved by the CDC to sail next month from Florida and are going to require vaccines...and Dumb Dumb is posturing. The really funny thing is that they sail days before his ridiculous Trump ass-kiss law even takes effect. I need some popcorn, because it's gonna be great. Cruise ships are operated under foreign flags, and where they dock is under control of the Coast Guard...in Federal waters, not state water, so I think he's gonna get his ass handed to him after he tried to apply the penalty ($5000 per passenger) to them.

"We want all businesses to open, but we're going to try to prevent them from doing so safely and throw a huge tantrum if they do something logical and safe"-99% of the GOP.
    If SD had cruise ships, Numb would be throwing the same fit. She's already signing orders saying schools can't require students or staff to be vaccinated OR wear masks... Orders that she has no power to enforce in the case of the local school districts and maybe not in the case of state universities. But really she's concentrating on making sure university's don't teach people about the real history of the state and the country.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Im hearing about more and more cases of children getting COVID and its concerning me. I dont think the vaccine has been approved to be given to toddlers.

I just read about Kim Kardashian and her kids getting it, they are young.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

We're 48! We're 48! Georgia is among the last in getting people vaccinated. I love our governor!

Oh and a 22-year-old Ohio resident won a million dollars in the vaccine lottery. I'm sure the boomers are pissed! Lol!
    Last edited by curiouscat; 05-28-2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Ohio results

We're 48! We're 48! Georgia is among the last in getting people vaccinated. I love our governor!

Oh and a 22-year-old Ohio resident won a million dollars in the vaccine lottery. I'm sure the boomers are pissed! Lol!
    I saw that. She said her parents didn't even know about the lottery and thought it was a joke at first.

Im hearing about more and more cases of children getting COVID and its concerning me.
    I see that, and you're going to think I'm terrible, but GOOD! Not that I want kids to get sick and worse to die, but maybe some of these antivax Maroons will pay attention.
    What if covid-19 had killed more children?

That?s what I was thinking when my husband and I accompanied our 15-year-old to get her first dose of the vaccine.

The last of our three children was finally getting vaccinated, but the moment felt more ceremonial than emotional. She would be freed from restrictions and anxiety, not from a great mortal threat.

My daughter had been strict about the rules, but more to avoid spreading covid than to avoid getting sick from it. Given the data, she was right. U.S. children have accounted for only 1 to 3 percent of reported covid hospitalizations and 0 to 0.2 percent of covid deaths. Covid-19 has so far killed 355 Americans 18 and younger, compared with more than 450,000 people 65 and older. Even if my daughter had gotten covid, the chance that it would have killed her was somewhere between none and infinitesimal.

What would it have felt like if instead we had spent a year fearing for her life?

Intellectually I reject the idea that children are more precious than adults. Politically I object to the use of children as rhetorical tools. But emotionally? If I had thought my kids were at substantial and lethal risk from covid, I would have spent the past year terrified. Not bored, confused and vaguely anxious ? terrified.

Instead of insisting on a six-foot distance between friends who gathered in our yard, I would have locked the door and loaded the .22.

Even the fear I felt for my own parents? safety wasn?t the gut-twisting terror I would have felt at the prospect of my children?s death. Sorry, folks!

But it?s true, and they know it, because they were children in the polio era.

My parents were 7 in 1952, when the polio epidemic reached its peak, infecting nearly 58,000 Americans, including one of my father?s sisters. She was 4 years old. She was bedridden for a year, then went on to a wheelchair, then crutches, then a lifetime of moderate disability.

Pre-vaccine polio wasn?t usually fatal; it killed fewer than 2,000 Americans a year. But polio targeted children, so much so that it?s known as ?infantile paralysis? (and also: ?The Crippler,? like a supervillain). A 1956 newsreel shows images of children in wheelchairs as the voice-over intones, ?Parents lived in fear of polio?s sudden attack and the tragic aftermath.? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention?s polio Web page describes a mid-20th-century mood of ?widespread panic.?

In Montgomery, Ala., where my father grew up, the news reported the polio case counts and deaths. It listed canceled camps and Sunday schools; it noted diminished attendance at sporting events. It also featured copious ads for polio insurance and one that even pitched a new television set as a weapon against disease: ?FIGHT POLIO. Keep Your Children at home and entertained.?

The mix of dark facts and light features, plus the unseemly flourishing of pandemic capitalism ? it was just like now in many ways.
    Image without a caption
    Left: Announcement of mass inoculation, The Montgomery Advertiser, June 30, 1953. Right: An ad from Page 6 of the June 30, 1953, Montgomery Advertiser. (The Montgomery Advertiser via newspapers.com)

But one story feels very different. In late June 1953, Montgomery County undertook a mass inoculation campaign ? not with the Salk vaccine, which was still two years from general use, but with gamma globulin, a substance made from blood plasma that was thought to confer some temporary protection against polio.

The campaign began on a Tuesday. The front page of the Montgomery Advertiser carried a boxed announcement: ?White or Black. Have You a Child 9 Years Old or Under? Turn to Page 3-B. The Map Shows You Where to Take Your Child. TODAY THRU FRIDAY. For the GG shot that will save it from Crippling Paralysis.?

My father remembers an unfamiliar school and a shot that really, really hurt. My aunt ? the younger sister of the one who was paralyzed ? remembers trying to run away.

Full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic

In four days, 800 volunteers inoculated 32,948 children. Dr. Daniel G. Gill, the state health officer of Alabama, later wrote, ?We believe that the coverage approached 100 percent.?

With almost no notice, every single child under 10 was taken to the correct place on the correct day for a treatment that, as the paper explained in a front-page Q&A, didn?t always work but ?may provide some protection against paralysis.?

Question 5: ?Is GG a cure for polio?? Answer: ?No.? And still, 100 percent participation.

So far that year, just 81 Montgomery County residents had contracted polio, and three children had died. And still, 100 percent participation.

Today ? with more than 575,000 Americans dead ? there are vaccine resisters and anti-maskers and politicians who egg them on. That?s already incredible. But if covid victims were mostly children? It would be inconceivable.

That vaccine hesitancy will kill people. Not masking up has killed people. I don?t wish I had spent a year in fear for my children?s lives, but I do see that our relative lack of concern for older people helps fuel this epidemic.

In other words, if more children had gotten sick, fewer Americans would have died.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini..._medium=social

Schools are still in session here, though kids wear masks. Im worried for my nephews in school, bc you know germs spread like wildfires through school. Im worried that it will be a varient and it will get deadly bc kids immune systems arent built up yet, and they arent vaccinated.

Schools are still in session here, though kids wear masks. Im worried for my nephews in school, bc you know germs spread like wildfires through school. Im worried that it will be a varient and it will get deadly bc kids immune systems arent built up yet, and they arent vaccinated.
    Not to mention that the more it's out there the more a variant that's vaccine resistant will develop which will bring us back to square one or worse. I wasn't a fan of kids going back in person because of that, but I also know that realistically they kind of had to.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Texas Hospital Staff Says Vaccine Mandate Breaks Nuremberg Code
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 01:55 PM.

These anti vaxxers are only hurting themselves, and their families once they die.

The flu is supposed to be really bad this year, I wonder if they wont get their flu shot too.

Thread Information