Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Ugh, my husband says he refuses to get the vaccine. So frustrating. I get it, it's his choice.....but I feel like it will cause issues for him in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Meanwhile... in Florida... 15,000 people attend UFC fight night. Get ready for a super spreader event.
    https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...end-ufc-event/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Meanwhile... in Florida... 15,000 people attend UFC fight night. Get ready for a super spreader event.
    Yeah, my husband was livid at this. He watches UFC religiously but he's pissed that they allowed this crowd to happen.

Ugh, my husband says he refuses to get the vaccine. So frustrating. I get it, it's his choice.....but I feel like it will cause issues for him in the long run.
    Is he Trumpy?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Is he Trumpy?
    Yes It caused a lot of arguing during the election. He had never registered to vote before, and decided all of a sudden he was a republican (news to me, after 14 years together he up and decides this). I may have, in the heat of an argument, told him if I had known this is how he would vote I never would've married him

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yes It caused a lot of arguing during the election. He had never registered to vote before, and decided all of a sudden he was a republican (news to me, after 14 years together he up and decides this). I may have, in the heat of an argument, told him if I had known this is how he would vote I never would've married him
    That seems fair to me. I just don't get why all these men LOVE Trump.

That seems fair to me. I just don't get why all these men LOVE Trump.
    I know. My dad is the same way. But, he did get the vaccine.

Hell no man I watch sports but as far as I know some of the other leagues still have empty stadiums and was in debate over getting the crowd back between 15-20% capacity and was dependent on the vaccination rate updates from all the states and the CDC.

I know. My dad is the same way. But, he did get the vaccine.
    Are your step-sons getting it?

https://abc7.com/health/thailand-imposes-fines-of-up-to-$640-for-not-wearing-masks/10549437/

BANGKOK -- Authorities in Thailand are imposing fines of up to 20,000 baht ($640) for people who fail to wear face masks in public in 48 provinces, as the government struggles to cope with a new wave of coronavirus cases that is straining the medical system.

The capital, Bangkok, which has the largest number of cases, is also closing more than 30 types of businesses and services, including cinemas, parks, zoos, bars, pools and massage parlors. Gatherings of more than 20 people are banned. Shopping malls and department stores may continue operating, but with abbreviated hours.

Despite rapidly rising numbers, there currently are no nationwide lockdowns, curfews or travel bans, though individual provinces have been allowed to issue their own restrictions, including mandatory quarantines for visitors from other provinces. Forty-eight of the 76 provinces have imposed fines for not wearing face masks.

Thai health authorities on Monday announced 2.048 new infections and eight new deaths, the fourth day in a row with more than 2,000 new cases. That brought the country's totals to 57,508 cases and 148 fatalities.

The high number of cases has created shortages of hospital beds and intensive care units. It has also underlined the government's failure to obtain adequate supplies of vaccines. Less than 2% of Thailand's 69 million people have been vaccinated.

Thailand has struggled to cope with the new outbreak, which originated in March in nightspots in and around Bangkok, as Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha's government has been reluctant to impose harsh restrictions that would further hurt businesses already battered by the pandemic.

Apisamai Srirangsan, a spokeswoman for the national Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration, said the government on Thursday will discuss whether to impose additional measures in some areas, including the country's two major cities, Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

Apisamai said finding beds for everyone who tests positive is a problem but the government will stick with its policy of having all patients placed under medical supervision. She said the government is adding more beds to hospitals and setting up more field hospitals, including at stadiums in Bangkok that have been turned into primary care places for patients awaiting spots in hospitals.

Thailand has also banned the entry of visitors from India, with the exception of its own citizens. The ban, to take effect May 1, was announced Monday by the Thai Embassy in New Delhi as India sets daily global records for new infections.

Thai citizens seeking to return home will be allowed in on repatriation flights.

Are your step-sons getting it?
    The older one - not sure. The younger one, being 16 I did ask him and he said "probably, eventually".

My husband can't vote since he's not a citizen, but if he had even hinted at supporting Trump it would have been over. It's not a difference in opinion with him. It's a difference in morals and intelligence. You have way too much patience with people. I couldn't do it.

I thought Trump told his tards to get the vaccine?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I thought Trump told his tards to get the vaccine?
    In a half-assed way.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...st-coronavirus
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

My husband can't vote since he's not a citizen, but if he had even hinted at supporting Trump it would have been over. It's not a difference in opinion with him. It's a difference in morals and intelligence. You have way too much patience with people. I couldn't do it.
    Meh, probably am. Like I said, we've been together 14 years and I think he just kind of now decided to be a trump supporter (it's not like I got together with him knowing he was a republican). But I don't think it's worth getting a divorce, he is still my best friend and I love him. I think I was more shocked because he really is one of the smartest people I know. Who knows, maybe he will get more knowledge and change his mind? I could've swore around the 2016 election he said trump was an idiot so....

Now, if he were die hard, going to rallies and shit, there would definitely be an issue.

Meh, probably am. Like I said, we've been together 14 years and I think he just kind of now decided to be a trump supporter (it's not like I got together with him knowing he was a republican). But I don't think it's worth getting a divorce, he is still my best friend and I love him. I think I was more shocked because he really is one of the smartest people I know. Who knows, maybe he will get more knowledge and change his mind? I could've swore around the 2016 election he said trump was an idiot so....

Now, if he were die hard, going to rallies and shit, there would definitely be an issue.
    I have some family members that are Republicans (not hardcore) and I still love and respect them. When you are family, you are family.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I have some family members that are Republicans (not hardcore) and I still love and respect them. When you are family, you are family.
    I guess I AM an ass. I would cut someone off for being a Trumpy and never look back. There's a difference between being a Republican of past era (while I didn't love it, it wasn't what it is now) and being a Trumpy today. I have cut off all of my friends that even were remotely supportive of Trump and his bullshit. I know my family (aside from my mom who is a Democrat) are probably Trumpy, but since I already cut them off I don't have to worry about it.

I spent the first 40ish years of my life putting up with family and friends' bullshit and overlooking toxic relationship occurrences. I finally decided enough was enough, that I was the one who always seemed to be getting screwed while they got the benefit of me being nice, generous, helpful and caring....and decided that I would rather be by myself than continue to do that for people who treated me like a doormat. My husband I are two peas in a pod, so we are always there for each other. We still have plenty of friends and people in our lives, but we don't give quarter to bullshit anymore. I can honestly say that my life is SO much better since we made that decision. Please know, I am just talking about me, not projecting on any of you, but I definitely feel like blood doesn't mean anything, how you treat people means everything.

I listen to my friends lament about having to spend time with their mean Trumpy relatives, and how much they hate it, and I just smile. It isn't easy to make a decision to cut hurtful people out of your life, but it's much easier than living like that IMO.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 04-26-2021 at 10:54 AM.

I also am not trying to project who I am on anyone. I just personally have decided that anyone that supports him at this point supports racism, corporate interests over people, xenophobia, every phobia, ignorance and selfishness and anyone who supports someone with those values doesn't belong in my circle. It's one thing to be a Republican and a completely other to actually support a piece of shit like Trump. That's just me personally. Nothing to do with what others decide to do.

Alaska State Senator Now Has 20-Hour Commute After Refusing to Mask Up on Planes

An Alaska state senator filmed arguing with Alaska Airlines staff and police at Juneau International Airport over her refusal to wear a mask before boarding a flight is finding out the hard way that actions have consequences.

The Alaska Daily News reported that while Senator Lora Reinbold, who is, of course, a Republican, was able to board the plane at the center of the argument last week, she wasn?t able to take a flight back this weekend. That?s because Alaska Airlines banned her.

?We have notified Senator Lora Reinbold that she is not permitted to fly with us for her continued refusal to comply with employee instruction regarding the current mask policy,? Tim Thompson, a spokesperson for the airline, told the Daily News. ?This suspension is effective immediately, pending further review.?

According to the Washington Post, Alaska Airlines is the only operator of flights from Anchorage, where her residence and constituents in the suburb of Eagle River are located, and Juneau, the state capital where she works. That means instead of getting to hop on a flight of roughly an hour and forty minutes to Juneau this weekend for the resumption of legislative work on Monday, Reinbold instead had to drive for over 14 hours on a winding route that went through part of Canada to reach one of the ferry ports located in the cities of Skagway or Haines. The additional ferry ride from Skagway to Juneau takes ?less than six hours,? according to the Juneau tourism website (Haines is slightly closer).

That?s not exactly a convenient trip, adding up to around 20 hours, and Reinhold will likely have to take it or another convoluted route again and again in the future. A spokesperson for the airline told the Daily News that the length of her ban has yet to be determined and will require a review.

Reinbold posted to Facebook complaining that ?until there is a fair determination? Alaska Airlines should have kept the situation confidential. She further claimed that ?corporate covid policies? are potentially unconstitutional: ?Alaska Airlines sent information, including my name, to the media without my knowledge nor permission. I do believe constitutional rights are at risk under corporate covid policies.? According to Reinbold, the situation was the fault of ?uptight employees at the counter.?

In other words, yet another Republican official claiming personal inconvenience arising as a consequence of their own actions is a violation of their civil rights. Technically, Reinbold was demanding the airline allow her to violate federal law. The Transportation Security Administration began enforcing an executive order in late January mandating ?individuals to wear a mask at TSA airport screening checkpoints and throughout the commercial and public transportation systems.?

Reinbold?s Facebook page is littered with instances in which the state senator baselessly questioned the efficacy or safety of coronavirus vaccines, and in one instance, she urged constituents to develop ?natural immunity? until the vaccines are formally approved by the Food and Drug Administration. So there?s ample justification for anyone looking to not get the virus to avoid being in her proximity. According to the New York Times, this isn?t even the first time she?s been banned from something?after Reinbold was reprimanded by Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy in February for spreading coronavirus misinformation and refusing to respect safety protocols, she was banned from much of the state capitol:

In February, Gov. Mike Dunleavy of Alaska, a Republican, sent a letter to Ms. Reinbold asking her to stop sharing misinformation about the pandemic.

?It is clear you have abdicated the tenets of your oath as a public servant,? Mr. Dunleavy wrote. ?You impugned the motivations of unelected and nonpolitical employees working for the State of Alaska with baseless allegations that, on multiple occasions, were demonstrated to you to be false.?

In March, Ms. Reinbold said on Facebook that she was asked to leave a committee hearing because she was not wearing an approved face shield. After that, Ms. Reinbold was banned from the State Capitol until she complied with health and safety protocols.

Reinbold is in bad company: hundreds of other assholes who don?t care about the hundreds of thousands of pandemic dead across the country have been banned from airlines (and in some cases thrown off planes) for violating mask requirements. According to the Daily News, Alaska Airline?s club of prohibited jerks was 506 as of April 23.

https://gizmodo.com/alaska-state-sen...efu-1846766838
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Good.

I'm getting my second dose today. Wish me luck!
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

It'll be fine and you'll be fully protected!

Good luck! Let me know how you feel the next day (that's what I am most worried about).

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Alaska State Senator Now Has 20-Hour Commute After Refusing to Mask Up on Planes

An Alaska state senator filmed arguing with Alaska Airlines staff and police at Juneau International Airport over her refusal to wear a mask before boarding a flight is finding out the hard way that actions have consequences.

The Alaska Daily News reported that while Senator Lora Reinbold, who is, of course, a Republican, was able to board the plane at the center of the argument last week, she wasn?t able to take a flight back this weekend. That?s because Alaska Airlines banned her.

?We have notified Senator Lora Reinbold that she is not permitted to fly with us for her continued refusal to comply with employee instruction regarding the current mask policy,? Tim Thompson, a spokesperson for the airline, told the Daily News. ?This suspension is effective immediately, pending further review.?

According to the Washington Post, Alaska Airlines is the only operator of flights from Anchorage, where her residence and constituents in the suburb of Eagle River are located, and Juneau, the state capital where she works. That means instead of getting to hop on a flight of roughly an hour and forty minutes to Juneau this weekend for the resumption of legislative work on Monday, Reinbold instead had to drive for over 14 hours on a winding route that went through part of Canada to reach one of the ferry ports located in the cities of Skagway or Haines. The additional ferry ride from Skagway to Juneau takes ?less than six hours,? according to the Juneau tourism website (Haines is slightly closer).

That?s not exactly a convenient trip, adding up to around 20 hours, and Reinhold will likely have to take it or another convoluted route again and again in the future. A spokesperson for the airline told the Daily News that the length of her ban has yet to be determined and will require a review.

Reinbold posted to Facebook complaining that ?until there is a fair determination? Alaska Airlines should have kept the situation confidential. She further claimed that ?corporate covid policies? are potentially unconstitutional: ?Alaska Airlines sent information, including my name, to the media without my knowledge nor permission. I do believe constitutional rights are at risk under corporate covid policies.? According to Reinbold, the situation was the fault of ?uptight employees at the counter.?

In other words, yet another Republican official claiming personal inconvenience arising as a consequence of their own actions is a violation of their civil rights. Technically, Reinbold was demanding the airline allow her to violate federal law. The Transportation Security Administration began enforcing an executive order in late January mandating ?individuals to wear a mask at TSA airport screening checkpoints and throughout the commercial and public transportation systems.?

Reinbold?s Facebook page is littered with instances in which the state senator baselessly questioned the efficacy or safety of coronavirus vaccines, and in one instance, she urged constituents to develop ?natural immunity? until the vaccines are formally approved by the Food and Drug Administration. So there?s ample justification for anyone looking to not get the virus to avoid being in her proximity. According to the New York Times, this isn?t even the first time she?s been banned from something?after Reinbold was reprimanded by Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy in February for spreading coronavirus misinformation and refusing to respect safety protocols, she was banned from much of the state capitol:

In February, Gov. Mike Dunleavy of Alaska, a Republican, sent a letter to Ms. Reinbold asking her to stop sharing misinformation about the pandemic.

?It is clear you have abdicated the tenets of your oath as a public servant,? Mr. Dunleavy wrote. ?You impugned the motivations of unelected and nonpolitical employees working for the State of Alaska with baseless allegations that, on multiple occasions, were demonstrated to you to be false.?

In March, Ms. Reinbold said on Facebook that she was asked to leave a committee hearing because she was not wearing an approved face shield. After that, Ms. Reinbold was banned from the State Capitol until she complied with health and safety protocols.

Reinbold is in bad company: hundreds of other assholes who don?t care about the hundreds of thousands of pandemic dead across the country have been banned from airlines (and in some cases thrown off planes) for violating mask requirements. According to the Daily News, Alaska Airline?s club of prohibited jerks was 506 as of April 23.

https://gizmodo.com/alaska-state-sen...efu-1846766838
Thread Information