Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2136

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

Oh look Puzz, someone who actually sees your and my governor for what they are:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/opini...itz/index.html

Ron DeSantis' Florida boast rings hollow
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Oh look Puzz, someone who actually sees your and my governor for what they are:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/opini...itz/index.html

Ron DeSantis' Florida boast rings hollow
    I had never realized before this just how expendable we were all considered to the PTB. As long as sales tax money keep coming in, what does it matter if a few hundred or even a few thousand "nonproductive" folks die? By that measure, yeah Covid Kristi has been quite a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I had never realized before this just how expendable we were all considered to the PTB. As long as sales tax money keep coming in, what does it matter if a few hundred or even a few thousand "nonproductive" folks die? By that measure, yeah Covid Kristi has been quite a success.
    He has literally been the worst during the pandemic. Even TX governor Abbott looks like a rock star compared to him, which is why I was so floored when I saw the recent CNN article crowning him king of the pandemic handling. Somebody had to have been high when they wrote that.

https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/im...doses-on-maui/

Maui is reporting compromised vaccine batch.

HONOLULU (KHON2) — Maui Health officials confirmed that approximately 1,300 doses of the Pfizer vaccine were compromised on Monday, March 22, due to a refrigerator door that did not seal properly.

Current and future vaccination appointments will not be affected by the issue, according to Maui Health.

Maui Health immediately contacted Pfizer and determined the doses needed to be removed and discarded appropriately. The Department of Health and the Healthcare Association of Hawaii (HAH) were also notified. The president and CEO of HAH said, he appreciates Maui Health’s transparency.

“It’s certainly not intentional or malicious, no one tried to inactivate these vaccines. The device was still working the refrigerator was still working, unfortunately, it was a few degrees higher than it should have been,”

HILTON RAETHEL, PRESIDENT AND CEO OF HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATION OF HAWAII
    Raethel says the refrigerator is still usable and Maui Health is moving it to an area that is constantly monitored.

It turns out that this is not the first time vaccine doses have gone to waste here in Hawaii.

LIST: Hawaii advances to Phase 1C, here’s where you can get your COVID-19 vaccine
    Hawaii has lost a total of 2,400 doses since the start of distribution. In 881 of those cases they had to be tossed out when a vial or syringe broke. However, this is the first time a large batch of doses was lost all at once.

Despite that, this should not impact any upcoming appointments.

“Fortunately we do have enough vaccine on Maui to thaw out this week and we are working to replace that tray for next week,” Raethel said.

Increased supply from the federal government will also help, though it’s still a loss for the state.

“We just got word from the federal government that we will be receiving more trays next week than what we received this week so we can make it up from that perspective, but instead of adding 3 or 4 additional trays or another 4,000 people or vaccinations next week, we are short we’d have to make up that tray,”

Click here to learn about Maui Health’s walk-up vaccine clinic being offered to kupuna ages 70 and older.

He has literally been the worst during the pandemic. Even TX governor Abbott looks like a rock star compared to him, which is why I was so floored when I saw the recent CNN article crowning him king of the pandemic handling. Somebody had to have been high when they wrote that.
    There are apparently two measures of success for a pandemic gov. 1.Did your people mostly survive. 2. Did the economy survive. 2. is obviously the one that matters in SD and Fl.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://www.kron4.com/health/coronav...after-us-rift/

(AP) – AstraZeneca insisted Wednesday that its COVID-19 vaccine is strongly effective even after counting additional illnesses in its disputed U.S. study, the latest in an extraordinary public rift with American officials.

In a late-night press release, AstraZeneca said it had recalculated data from that study and concluded the vaccine is 76% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, instead of the 79% it had claimed earlier in the week.

Santa Clara County reports increase in how long COVID patients are hospitalized
    Just a day earlier, an independent panel that oversees the study had accused AstraZeneca of cherry-picking data to tout the protection offered by its vaccine. The panel, in a harsh letter to the company and to U.S. health leaders, said the company had left out some COVID-19 cases that occurred in the study, a move that could erode trust in the science.

Data disputes during ongoing studies usually remain confidential but in an unusual step, the National Institutes of Health publicly called on AstraZeneca to fix the discrepancy.

Pfizer begins trials for oral COVID-19 treatment
    AstraZeneca had been counting on findings from a predominantly U.S. study of 32,000 people to help rebuild confidence in a vaccine that, despite being widely used in Britain, Europe and other countries, has had a troubled rollout. Previous studies have turned up inconsistent data about its effectiveness, and then last week a scare about blood clots had some countries temporarily pausing inoculations.

Now the question is whether the company’s newest calculations end the tension.

Earlier Wednesday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top U.S. infectious disease expert, told reporters he hoped that when all the data was publicly vetted by federal regulators, it would dispel any hesitancy caused by the spat. He predicted it would “turn out to be a good vaccine.”

CDC shares how many are missing their second COVID-19 vaccine dose
    AstraZeneca’s newest calculations were based on 190 COVID-19 cases that occurred during the study, 49 more than it had included earlier in the week. The vaccine appears especially protective against the worst outcomes, with no severe illnesses or hospitalizations among vaccinated study volunteers compared to eight severe cases among those given dummy shots, the company said. It didn’t provide a breakdown of the rest of the cases.

European authorities had questioned how protective the vaccine is in older adults. In the U.S. study, it was 85% effective in volunteers 65 and older, the company said. The study didn’t turn up safety concerns.

The updated information “confirms that our COVID-19 vaccine is highly effective in adults, including those aged 65 years and over,” AstraZeneca research chief Mene Pangalos said in a statement. He said the company looks forward to “the rollout of millions of doses across America.”

The study hasn’t ended so additional COVID-19 cases can accrue. AstraZeneca cautioned that 14 additional possible cases already are being examined, which could lead to further changes in the data.

The company intends to seek Food and Drug Administration clearance of the vaccine within a few weeks. The FDA will publicly debate all the evidence with its outside advisers before making a decision.

Okay. Georgia's governor just said everyone 16+ can get the vaccine. Which one do you all like? I know everyone reacts differently, but which one has the least bad side effects?
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Okay. Georgia's governor just said everyone 16+ can get the vaccine. Which one do you all like? I know everyone reacts differently, but which one has the least bad side effects?
    AFAIK only one of us here has gotten the vaccine. I get mine today. It's Pfizer. I will let you know. Florida is opening it up to everyone (as I suspected they would) in just over a week. They were saying on the news yesterday that in Florida you can register but to be patient because it's going to be awhile. Definitely go get it though as soon as you can. Most places don't let you pick, so if you want the first appt you take what you get. It's very hard to find the J&J (one and done) down here in Florida due to shipping delays, and I assume GA would be the same. I think a few Publix stores had it but that's about it.

I took my first shot. I survived and then I picked up a steak dinner to celebrate. Even though my husband has an appt next week they wouldn't give him his today so we will be going back very soon to get his. The whole process was super efficient and pretty much painless. I got there at 2pm and was finished with the after shot waiting period by 2:27. Easy peasey.

I took my first shot. I survived and then I picked up a steak dinner to celebrate. Even though my husband has an appt next week they wouldn't give him his today so we will be going back very soon to get his. The whole process was super efficient and pretty much painless. I got there at 2pm and was finished with the after shot waiting period by 2:27. Easy peasey.
    Let me know how you feel in the next few days.
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Let me know how you feel in the next few days.
    Two days out now: My arm felt a little sore, like how it does when you get a flu shot. One of my lymph nodes in my neck is a bit swollen, which is a good thing because it means my body is having an immune reaction and building immunity. That's it. I didn't take anything (advil, tylenol, etc) and didn't have any fever, fatigue, nausea, etc...no mystery rash or any other issue. Go get your shot!

Two days out now: My arm felt a little sore, like how it does when you get a flu shot. One of my lymph nodes in my neck is a bit swollen, which is a good thing because it means my body is having an immune reaction and building immunity. That's it. I didn't take anything (advil, tylenol, etc) and didn't have any fever, fatigue, nausea, etc...no mystery rash or any other issue. Go get your shot!
    First shot was very similar for me. No arm soreness at all tho and I was so tired... I actually slept well for several nights. Second shot was Wednesday. And it opened a portal to hell. My caregiver had a stroke, roomie colapsed with gout of all things, the gal that's helping in caregivers absence had a medical emergency with her son...

But as for symptoms thurs and fri were blargh. Some chills, some hot flashes, a need to stay near the rest room and I just generally felt poorly. Nothing worse than a mild, mild flu. Saturday was much better. And today, so far has been fine. I had Pfizer.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    First shot was very similar for me. No arm soreness at all tho and I was so tired... I actually slept well for several nights. Second shot was Wednesday. And it opened a portal to hell. My caregiver had a stroke, roomie colapsed with gout of all things, the gal that's helping in caregivers absence had a medical emergency with her son...

But as for symptoms thurs and fri were blargh. Some chills, some hot flashes, a need to stay near the rest room and I just generally felt poorly. Nothing worse than a mild, mild flu. Saturday was much better. And today, so far has been fine. I had Pfizer.
    And just to clarify for all the stirrers out there, none of the issues with the caregiver or roomie had anything to do with the vaccine, other than their issues happened on the same day you got your 2nd shot, right?

I have heard the 2nd shot gives you more of a 'sick' response. For the people that have complained about it my response to them was "if you're so bent out of shape over this, imagine how bent out of shape you would be if you didn't get the vaccine and got covid instead!" But I am an ass and the people that were complaining about it aren't my favorite people anyway, lol.

I had Pfizer too. The person who did the most complaining (after she jumped the line to get the vaccine) had Moderna, and her symptoms sounded very similar to yours for the 2nd one.

My mom got her second shot yesterday and at 4am this morning she became dizzy and collapsed onto the floor and was taken to the hospital. They admitted her for observation. Not yet sure it's related or not, my father is with her and they won't give out too much information and my father's a difficult person to deal with. I'm hoping her illness is just a coincidence.

I'm so low on the waiting list that I can't even try to get mine until the end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    My mom got her second shot yesterday and at 4am this morning she became dizzy and collapsed onto the floor and was taken to the hospital. They admitted her for observation. Not yet sure it's related or not, my father is with her and they won't give out too much information and my father's a difficult person to deal with. I'm hoping her illness is just a coincidence.

I'm so low on the waiting list that I can't even try to get mine until the end of May.
    Sorry about your mom. That's scary shit.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post

Hope your mom is ok!

And just to clarify for all the stirrers out there, none of the issues with the caregiver or roomie had anything to do with the vaccine, other than their issues happened on the same day you got your 2nd shot, right?

I have heard the 2nd shot gives you more of a 'sick' response. For the people that have complained about it my response to them was "if you're so bent out of shape over this, imagine how bent out of shape you would be if you didn't get the vaccine and got covid instead!" But I am an ass and the people that were complaining about it aren't my favorite people anyway, lol.

I had Pfizer too. The person who did the most complaining (after she jumped the line to get the vaccine) had Moderna, and her symptoms sounded very similar to yours for the 2nd one.
    Yes. Nothing to do with the shot. The caregiver and mom finished their shots last month. Roomie hasn't had hers yet. Just cosmic bad timing. Sometimes you're golden other times you're sitting sidways in the Suez.

But, the shot was nothing compared to several of the people I know who actually got covid. Nothing.

DevilzAdvocate I hope your mom is home, feeling better soon!

Since so many states are opening up eligibility this week and next, here's a useful site to help you find out if you are eligible now and where to try to get the vaccine:

https://www.nbcnews.com/specials/pla...glish&state=OH

I got an alert to my phone today stating that NY was opening up eligibility to those 30 + starting tomorrow and those 16 + April 6th.

I get my second on Wednesday, the Mr gets his second on the 12th.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

So much for all the people that kept saying nonsense like "it's not any worse than the flu" and "they're just taking normal deaths and reclassifying them as covid".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/healt...ess/index.html

Covid-19 was third leading cause of death last year, CDC confirms in early data
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 01:44 PM.

I did get my second yesterday. I have a sore arm and actually slept in/over slept today but other than just feeling very tired, I have no other issues. Because NY opened up the vaccines for younger and younger ages, the wait was a bit longer last night. But they kept the 1st shots and the 2nd shots in separate lines and I have to say they've done an amazing job.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I did get my second yesterday. I have a sore arm and actually slept in/over slept today but other than just feeling very tired, I have no other issues. Because NY opened up the vaccines for younger and younger ages, the wait was a bit longer last night. But they kept the 1st shots and the 2nd shots in separate lines and I have to say they've done an amazing job.
    That was me after the 1st shot. 2 or 3 days of amazing sleep!!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...es-2021-04-04/

How the wealthy cut the line during Florida's frenzied vaccine rollout
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Thread Information