Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Vent:

People treating the fact that they've gotten the vaccine as if the virus is gone.

I mean, when people that have only gotten the first shot on my timeline are all eating out, going to the beach, seeing family with no restrictions. And these are people I know that were just as cautious as I was about it all!

My husband and I decided that despite having the vaccine, we would still use the same exact precautions as we had in pace before the vaccine until herd immunity is established. I know, I get it. You want to celebrate and feel "normal" again. However that doesn't mean that the virus is gone and can't still be spread around by those that have been vaccinated. There are different strains out there that we don't know whether or not is protected by these vaccines and more strains that could develop by being spread around. Ones that could circumvent the existing vaccines. What's better than entering a body that resists you as a vaccine than to mutate to continue to live on?

I guess I'm frustrated by the fact that we're SO CLOSE to beating this and even informed people are not holding their ground on it.

Like I said. I get it. We all want to enjoy life again in some kind of semblance. We booked a hotel for Vegas this Halloween hoping it would be safe enough by then. My band has a gig booked for Labor Day in hopes that I'll finally join them again (they've been doing front yard, socially distanced performances for the neighbors which I won't even risk doing). I'm just afraid that I won't get to do those things with so many people running around celebrating too early with inside margaritas and Disneyland.

/rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Vent:

People treating the fact that they've gotten the vaccine as if the virus is gone.

I mean, when people that have only gotten the first shot on my timeline are all eating out, going to the beach, seeing family with no restrictions. And these are people I know that were just as cautious as I was about it all!

My husband and I decided that despite having the vaccine, we would still use the same exact precautions as we had in pace before the vaccine until herd immunity is established. I know, I get it. You want to celebrate and feel "normal" again. However that doesn't mean that the virus is gone and can't still be spread around by those that have been vaccinated. There are different strains out there that we don't know whether or not is protected by these vaccines and more strains that could develop by being spread around. Ones that could circumvent the existing vaccines. What's better than entering a body that resists you as a vaccine than to mutate to continue to live on?

I guess I'm frustrated by the fact that we're SO CLOSE to beating this and even informed people are not holding their ground on it.

Like I said. I get it. We all want to enjoy life again in some kind of semblance. We booked a hotel for Vegas this Halloween hoping it would be safe enough by then. My band has a gig booked for Labor Day in hopes that I'll finally join them again (they've been doing front yard, socially distanced performances for the neighbors which I won't even risk doing). I'm just afraid that I won't get to do those things with so many people running around celebrating too early with inside margaritas and Disneyland.

/rant.
    I get it. I have been ranting in several threads about a lady I know that jumped the line to get her shot and then immediately started acting like everything was over.

We tentatively have a trip to Egypt set up for early next year for our 30th anniversary, in hopes that it will be safe to travel internationally by then. If it's not at that point though, we will cancel. It's not worth risking if we're still at a low vaccination rate...it risks the creation of additional variants that can set us back to the starting line.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I get it. I have been ranting in several threads about a lady I know that jumped the line to get her shot and then immediately started acting like everything was over.

We tentatively have a trip to Egypt set up for early next year for our 30th anniversary, in hopes that it will be safe to travel internationally by then. If it's not at that point though, we will cancel. It's not worth risking if we're still at a low vaccination rate...it risks the creation of additional variants that can set us back to the starting line.
    The people that jumped the line are the WORST. I had to fight tooth and nail to get mine and only really got ahead of others by less than a month having an autoimmune. So to see people scam their way in just to bounce all over the place partying while I'm just waiting my turn to SURVIVE pisses me off more than you know.

The people that jumped the line are the WORST. I had to fight tooth and nail to get mine and only really got ahead of others by less than a month having an autoimmune. So to see people scam their way in just to bounce all over the place partying while I'm just waiting my turn to SURVIVE pisses me off more than you know.
    Oh, you're preaching to the choir. Look back through this thread (and possibly the vent and speak here) threads and you will see me madder than a wet hen! This lady held a graduation and wedding last summer and went to a reunion, and questioned the validity of the virus even though we lost a mutual friend to it. Then when the vaccine comes out she got a friend at a hospital to help her jump the line, and all her family also got their shots back in January because they worked at the hospital...even though none of them ever come into contact with patients and weren't supposed to get them.

Out here it was pretty much impossible to get a shot early, even if you had cancer or something like that...so I was really pissed when she got it.

My husband is talking about going to see a depressed friend during his week long vacation which is before our second shot. I really don't want him to go see the guy, because I don't know if he's covid-free or not.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...cine-passports

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) on Thursday introduced a bill that would bar federal government agencies from issuing or requiring "vaccine passports," according to a copy of the legislation obtained first by The Hill.

The bill, titled the "No Vaccine Passports Act," would stipulate that federal agencies could not issue standardized documentation showing an individual has gotten a COVID-19 vaccine nor could they require proof of a COVID-19 vaccine to access federal grounds.

"Vaccine passports will not help our nation recover from COVID-19; instead, they will simply impose more Big Brother surveillance on our society," Biggs said in a statement to The Hill.

Biggs cited Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis's move last week to sign an executive order outlawing vaccine passports, calling him "an early leader" on the subject and saying his legislation would build off that order.

The bill has 18 co-sponsors, most of which are members of the House Freedom Caucus. Among the co-sponsors are Reps. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Chip Roy (R-Texas), Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), Mary Miller (R-Ill.) and Jody Hice (R-Ga.).

The legislation faces an uphill battle to passage in the Democratic-controlled House, and Biden administration officials have repeatedly made clear they do not intend to support or have any involvement in a federalized vaccine passport program and would instead defer to the private sector to determine the need for any sort of documentation.

"The government is not now, nor will we be supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential. There will be no federal vaccinations database and no federal mandate requiring everyone to obtain a single vaccination credential," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Tuesday.

"Our interest is very simple from the federal government, which is American's privacy and rights should be protected so that these systems are not used against people unfairly," Psaki added.
    While no actual vaccine passport system has been established, and agencies like the World Health Organization (WHO) have questioned their potential usefulness, that has not stopped conservatives from preemptively coming out in forceful opposition to the concept.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Monday issued an executive order prohibiting vaccine passports, saying a system to track those who have been inoculated against COVID-19 infringes on citizens' rights.

Greene, the controversial congresswoman whose conspiratorial remarks have drawn criticism even from some in her own party, last week called the proposal a form of “corporate communism.”

The opposition comes as polling shows Republicans are among the least likely groups to say they will definitely get the coronavirus vaccine. Biggs has previously come out in opposition to mandates requiring Americans to wear masks or get the coronavirus vaccine.

Some public health experts have argued requiring proof of vaccination could make Americans feel more safe as they ease back into regular activities during the pandemic like attending large events or eating indoors at a restaurant. But business leaders are split on the idea and have been hesitant to embrace a system that might discriminate against those who are vaccine hesitant for one reason or another.

Scott Kirby, CEO of United Airlines, said during an event with the Council on Foreign Relations on Tuesday that he thinks it’s almost certain there will be a requirement to prove full vaccination to travel to somewhere like Asia from the U.S.

"I am supportive of some kind of vaccine passport as a way to begin opening international borders,” he said.

“My guess is we’re not going to wind up doing that domestically, and hopefully we’ll get close enough to herd immunity that we’re OK,” he said. "I don’t see it happening in the U.S."
    Do Universities in your state issues a vaccine passport verification system? I know in California the Universities such as California State University and University of California do require students to get vaccine records from the hospital to the admissions office if you want to go to campus orientation and enroll for classes. I think this whole vaccine passports conspiracy is not being explained correctly for non California Residents and Del Bigtree rantings over vaccine passports is like Nazi Germany is being played here in some parts of the country in relation to the COVID-19 vaccine.

https://www.csus.edu/student-life/he...-vaccines.html

https://studenthealth.sa.ucsb.edu/me...n-requirements

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...cine-passports

Do Universities in your state issues a vaccine passport verification system? I know in California the Universities such as California State University and University of California do require students to get vaccine records from the hospital to the admissions office if you want to go to campus orientation and enroll for classes. I think this whole vaccine passports conspiracy is not being explained correctly for non California Residents and Del Bigtree rantings over vaccine passports is like Nazi Germany is being played here in some parts of the country in relation to the COVID-19 vaccine.

https://www.csus.edu/student-life/he...-vaccines.html

https://studenthealth.sa.ucsb.edu/me...n-requirements
    It's happening everywhere JL. My governor was the first to issue an executive order banning vaccine passports...but yet he is suing the Federal government to allow cruises to go from Florida...and the cruise lines themselves say they are going to require everyone to have a vaccine in order to be on board. So how does that work in his feeble little GOP mind? I really don't know.

Several universities in Florida have also said that all students will be required to be vaccinated. Of course, we all know that universities are just for the liberal elite, so there's that.

It's happening everywhere JL. My governor was the first to issue an executive order banning vaccine passports...but yet he is suing the Federal government to allow cruises to go from Florida...and the cruise lines themselves say they are going to require everyone to have a vaccine in order to be on board. So how does that work in his feeble little GOP mind? I really don't know.

Several universities in Florida have also said that all students will be required to be vaccinated. Of course, we all know that universities are just for the liberal elite, so there's that.
    Its a Cliche at this point Vaccines Passports is a "Richard Pan/Gavin Newsom/Kamala Harris Conspiracy" because Anti-Vax Politicians say so type situation here. Do other states even know what California Vaccine laws SB276 and SB277 are?

Where are these concentration camps, execution centers, forced vaccination centers in relation to vaccine passports in Bay Area, Sacramento, LA and SD are these anti-vax politicians outside of California talking about?

I have records that Del Bigtree is a racist anti-semite by blocking certain races from getting vaccinated. Thats right Del Bigtree is the person that started the Vaccine Passports conspiracy being connected to Nazi Germany in 2019 back when New York State had to issue a Stay at home order during a measles scare. Del Bigtree told Desantis and allies that COVID-19 Passports are related to Nazi Germany here even though that has been proven false here.

https://gothamist.com/news/controver...odox-community

First, signs went up around Williamsburg in synagogues and grocery stores and on street corners, advertising an international conference call with seven dial-in numbers on four different continents.

Then came robo calls in Yiddish, urging people to talk to their rabbis about children they know who've supposedly been injured by vaccines. The group launched a crowdfunding campaign that aimed to educate the “thousands of parents and children [who] are the victims of vaccinations, and don’t even know it,” before GoFundMe pulled it from the site following an inquiry from WNYC.

As local governments in Rockland County and New York City have taken increasingly restrictive measures to stop the spread of measles, the small fraction of the ultra-Orthodox community that opposes vaccines have ramped up efforts too, with support from the national anti-vaccination movement.

The man at the center of it all is TV-producer-turned-YouTube host Del Bigtree.

“My God made me perfect. I am not born into an original sin that needs 72 vaccines,” Bigtree shouted at a recent rally in Austin, Texas, to a cheering crowd. “For those Hasidic Jews in New York right now, who never thought this moment would come, I am saying, ‘I stand with you.’”

Bigtree then took out a Star of David like the one used to mark Jews in Nazi Germany and pinned it to his chest, to make a point about Rockland County.

“How are we going to know if you’re not vaccinated, how are we going to arrest you? Maybe we’ll do it the same way we did the last time,” he said.

Bigtree’s statements were condemned by the Anti-Defamation League. The Auschwitz Memorial in Poland wrote on Twitter that “instrumentalizing the fate of Jews who were persecuted by hateful anti-Semitic ideology and murdered in extermination camps like #Auschwitz with poisonous gas in order to argue against vaccination that saves human lives is a symptom of intellectual and moral degeneration.”

But Bigtree has been embraced by the small portion of the ultra-Orthodox Jewish community who oppose vaccines.

A movie Bigtree made about vaccines — with the infamous British doctor Andrew Wakefield, who insinuated that the measles vaccine had caused 12 children to become autistic — was referenced in an early piece of propaganda circulated throughout ultra-Orthodox communities in the metro area. Audio versions of Bigtree’s YouTube series on vaccines have been archived on the group’s long-standing hotline. Most recently he was invited in by an ultra-Orthodox group to host one of their latest conference calls at the end of March.

Bigtree’s message at the Austin rally about God creating him perfectly is echoed by seemingly disparate groups of people who oppose vaccines, from ultra-Orthodox Jewish residents to liberal-leaning parents at private schools.

It’s the same refrain used in an affidavit from parents of an unvaccinated child in Rockland County who’d been barred from attending Green Meadow Waldorf School, a secular private school:

“We believe that R. was created perfectly,” the affidavit reads, “and the injection of foreign substances is against our religious beliefs.”

This belief came up again last week in South Williamsburg, where a small group of women who opposed vaccines spoke to reporters after the city announced a mandatory vaccination rule in certain zip codes where the measles outbreak was ongoing.

“God has designed a perfect design,” said Gitty, a young mother. “He has designed my child — he’s amazing — he has designed my child as perfect as can be.”

Nevertheless, most major rabbinical authorities have come out to support vaccination.

“It is downright dishonest to officially attest that Jewish law forbids vaccination,” wrote Rabbi Dr. Aaron Glatt from the Rabbinical Alliance of America in a recent open letter.

Bigtree is not the only figure on the national anti-vaccination circuit to take interest in New York’s ultra-Orthodox community. Barbara Loe Fisher, who runs the National Vaccine Information Center, is listed as a contributing researcher in a manual about the dangers of vaccines targeted to the ultra-Orthodox community.

And on Monday, attorney and activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. from the Kennedy political dynasty sued New York City on behalf of parents of five unvaccinated children. Kennedy has been a critic of vaccines for years and recently rallied with Bigtree in California against a bill that would add further restrictions to doctors who write medical exemptions to vaccines in an effort to clamp down on fraudulent exemptions.

Dr. Peter Hotez, a vaccine expert at the Baylor College of Medicine and the Texas Children's Hospital Center for Vaccine Development, has closely tracked the anti-vaccination movement. Hotez points to a 2017 measles outbreak within a Somali community in Minnesota, where Wakefield was invited to talk to concerned parents multiple times by anti-vaccination activists who feared the measles vaccine caused autism, according to a report from the Washington Post. During that outbreak, 65 people caught measles.
    Hotez sees what’s happening in New York as a progression of those efforts.

“This is predatory behavior specifically targeted at Jews and at Jewish children,” Hotez said. “The anti-vaccine movement is now very opportunistic. They’ll identify groups where they think they can make progress in stopping vaccinations; and then are very predatory and unfortunately...they've chosen now to target the Orthodox Jewish community.”

Bigtree, however, denied his work with the ultra-Orthodox Jewish community was predatory. He acknowledged he made a film with Wakefield, but said they don’t work together day to day.

“How is truth predatory?” Bigtree said. “I think it’s my duty as an American, as a journalist to tell people the truth, instead of the cover-up.”

There have been 465 measles cases across the country so far this year. An estimated 84 percent of those were in the ultra-Orthodox communities of New York City and Rockland County, where at least 21 have been hospitalized and 9 needed intensive care. Of those who caught the measles, the vast majority had not been vaccinated.

Correction: This post has been updated to reflect that Dr. Peter Hoetz is a vaccine expert at Baylor College of Medicine, not Baylor College, and that "most major rabbinical authorities have come out to support vaccination," not "all major rabbinical authorities."

So how you gotten your vaccine yet JL?

So how you gotten your vaccine yet JL?
    I did get the first shot. I have to wait for second shot though.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/ora...ine-passports/

Orange County will launch a pilot program to test out digital COVID-19 vaccine passports, health officials announced this week.

?The Digital Passport enables individuals to participate safety and with peace of mind in activities that involve interactions with other people, including travel, attractions, conferences/meetings, concerts, sports, school and more,? Orange County Health Care Agency officials said on Twitter.

Few details were available on how the digital passport would work to verify COVID-19 immunization status.

County health officer, Dr. Clayton Chau, told the O.C. Register that Orange County could easily update its vaccine appointment scheduling website, Othena, so that people who used it to get vaccinated could show anyone proof of their vaccination.

Othena is being used for vaccine appointments at the county?s mass inoculation sites, including Disneyland, the O.C. Fairgrounds and Soka University.

So far, 598,838 people are fully vaccinated in Orange County and another 589,230 people have only received one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, according to county data.

Orange County?s announcement comes after California state officials unveiled plans to allow private events with more people together if all guests are tested or show proof of full vaccination starting April 15.

Orange County is currently in the orange tier of the state?s color-coded, four-tier reopening blueprint. If the region stays in that tier by April 15, it will mean that residents can have private events like wedding receptions or conferences with up to 300 guests outdoors or 150 indoors if everyone shows proof of full vaccination, according to state guidelines.

California Public Health Officer Dr. Tom?s Arag?n said last week the state doesn?t have plans to create vaccination passports, but will follow the federal government?s lead.

?If they don?t move fast enough, we will come up with technical standards that will be expected ? really focusing on making sure that privacy is protected and that equity is is protected,? Arag?n said.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said the federal government will not require Americans to have vaccine passports.

?The government is not now, nor will we be supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential,? she said in a Tuesday media briefing. ?There will be no federal vaccinations database and no federal mandate requiring everyone to obtain a single vaccination credential. ?

Orange County wouldn?t be the first U.S. jurisdiction to try digital passports to verify immunization status.

New York State is using Excelsior Pass, a vaccine passport that is optional for residents to use. It?s being touted as ?a tool to support reopening New York?s economy and accelerating the return to pre-pandemic activities.?

With vaccinations underway and economies reopening, the idea of using digital vaccine passports is being brought up more frequently.

But it has also generated controversy over whether it?s government overreach and raised concerns about if requiring them would create inequities since not everyone has access to a smart phone.

They?re also drawing opposition from GOP lawmakers.

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis last week issued an executive order saying no governmental entity can issue a vaccine passport, and businesses in that state can?t require them, the Associated Press reported.

Yes I expect the rest of California to have this passport after the OC Vaccine verification succeed in its test run.

https://www.wate.com/news/national-w...-clot-reports/

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. is recommending a “pause” in using the single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to investigate reports of potentially dangerous blood clots.

In a joint statement Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration said they were investigating unusual clots that occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination. The clots occurred in veins that drain blood from the brain and occurred together with low platelets. All six cases were in women between the ages of 18 and 48; there was one death.

The reports appear similar to a rare, unusual type of clotting disorder that European authorities say is possibly linked to another COVID-19 vaccine not yet cleared in the U.S., from AstraZeneca.

More than 6.8 million doses of the J&J vaccine have been administered in the U.S., the vast majority with no or mild side effects.

Federally run mass vaccination sites will pause the use of the J&J shot, and states and other providers are expected to follow. The other two authorized vaccines, from Moderna and Pfizer, make up the vast share of COVID-19 shots administered in the U.S. and are not affected by the pause.

“I’d like to stress these events appear to be extremely rare. However COVID-19 vaccine safety is a top priority,” FDA Acting Commissioner Janet Woodcock said at a news conference. “We expect it to be a matter of days for this pause.”

A CDC committee will meet Wednesday to discuss the cases and the FDA has also launched an investigation into the cause of the clots and low platelet counts.

CDC’s Dr. Anne Schuchat said authorities have not seen similar clots after use of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, and that people should continue to get vaccinated with those shots.

The agencies are recommending that people who were given the J&J vaccine who are experiencing severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain, or shortness of breath within three weeks after receiving the shot contact their health care provider.

J&J said in a statement it was aware of the reports of blood clots, but that no link to its vaccine had been established. The company also said it is delaying the rollout of its vaccine in Europe as a precaution.

U.S. health authorities cautioned doctors against using a typical clot treatment, the blood-thinner heparin. “In this setting, administration of heparin may be dangerous and alternative treatments need to be given,” the FDA and CDC said.

European authorities investigating the AstraZeneca cases have concluded clots appear to be similar to a very rare abnormal immune response that sometimes strikes people treated with heparin, leading to a temporary clotting disorder.

While it’s not clear yet if the reports among J&J recipients are related, doctors would treat these kinds of unusual clots like they treat people who have the heparin reaction — with different kinds of blood thinners and sometimes an antibody infusion, said Dr. Geoffrey Barnes, a clot expert at the University of Michigan.

As authorities investigate whether the clots really are related to the J&J vaccine, Barnes stressed that it’s important Americans get vaccinated as soon as possible using the other two available vaccines, from Pfizer and Moderna.

“If you have a chance to get vaccinated with those, we strongly encourage it. The risks of COVID are real and they’re high,” Barnes said.

Jeff Zients, the White House COVID-19 response coordinator, said 28 million doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will be available for states this week, more than enough to keep up the nation’s pace of 3 million shots a day despite the J&J pause.

Asked if the government was overreacting to six cases out of more than 6 million vaccinations, Schuchat said recommendations will come quickly.

Because these unusual clots require special treatment, “it was of the utmost importance to us to get the word out,” she said. “That said, the pandemic is quite severe and cases are increasing in lots of places and vaccination’s critical.”

States and cities swiftly moved to implement the pause. New York state health commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker said people with Tuesday appointments for J&J vaccines at state-run mass vaccination clinics will instead get the Pfizer vaccine.

The city of Dallas had planned to begin an in-home vaccination program using the J&J vaccine for homebound or elderly people. The city said it will pause the program until more guidance is released.

The J&J vaccine received emergency use authorization from the FDA in late February with great fanfare, with hopes that its single-dose and relatively simple storage requirements would speed vaccinations across the country. Yet the shot only makes up a small fraction of the doses administered in the U.S. as J&J has been plagued by production delays and manufacturing errors at the Baltimore plant of a contractor.

Last week the drugmaker took over the facility to scale up production in hopes of meeting its commitment to the U.S. government of providing about 100 million doses by the end of May.

Only about 9 million of the company’s doses have been delivered to states and are awaiting administration, according to CDC data.

Until now concern about the unusual blood clots has centered on the vaccine from AstraZeneca, which has not yet received authorization in the U.S. Last week, European regulators said they found a possible link between the shots and a very rare type of blood clot that occurs together with low blood platelets, one that seems to occur more in younger people.

The European Medicines Agency stressed that the benefits of receiving the vaccine outweigh the risks for most people. But several countries have imposed limits on who can receive the vaccine; Britain recommended that people under 30 be offered alternatives.

But the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines are made with the same technology. Leading COVID-19 vaccines train the body to recognize the spike protein that coats the outer surface of the coronavirus. But the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines use a cold virus, called an adenovirus, to carry the spike gene into the body. J&J uses a human adenovirus to create its vaccine while AstraZeneca uses a chimpanzee version.

The announcement hit U.S. stock markets immediately, with Dow futures falling almost 200 points just over two hours before the opening bell. Shares of J&J dropped almost 3%

___

AP writers Emily Wagster Pettus, Karen Matthews and Jill Bleed contributed.

So out of the 16 employees at my work, we had 3 people test positive. This was only in January and February.

I just now find out that my coworker (who works in the office with me, there are 4 of us in the office), his son tested positive, his live in girlfriend has symptoms and is waiting on her results....did my coworker say anything? Nooooo. I found out because his girlfriend posted it on FB and we are FB friends. So this morning I come in to work, and it reeks with what smells like weed (I think a skunk died somewhere) and everyone is commenting on the smell, and Ken goes "everyone smells it, I don't smell a damn thing. Shit, I better go get tested". I told him yes, and DON'T come back. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So out of the 16 employees at my work, we had 3 people test positive. This was only in January and February.

I just now find out that my coworker (who works in the office with me, there are 4 of us in the office), his son tested positive, his live in girlfriend has symptoms and is waiting on her results....did my coworker say anything? Nooooo. I found out because his girlfriend posted it on FB and we are FB friends. So this morning I come in to work, and it reeks with what smells like weed (I think a skunk died somewhere) and everyone is commenting on the smell, and Ken goes "everyone smells it, I don't smell a damn thing. Shit, I better go get tested". I told him yes, and DON'T come back. Ugh.
    Ugh, sorry. People are so selfish. Don't go to work when you've had a close exposure people! Have you signed up for your vaccine?

Ugh, sorry. People are so selfish. Don't go to work when you've had a close exposure people! Have you signed up for your vaccine?
    I know! And he should know better, he's he one who tells the mechanics to not come in if they are sick, and to get tested and not come back until it's negative. Ugh.

No, I haven't signed up to get vaccinated. I am more worried about one of our other office guys, who is 63. He got his first shot already, but not his second yet...

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I know! And he should know better, he's he one who tells the mechanics to not come in if they are sick, and to get tested and not come back until it's negative. Ugh.

No, I haven't signed up to get vaccinated. I am more worried about one of our other office guys, who is 63. He got his first shot already, but not his second yet...
    I don't want to nag, but you're a smoker (right?) and I think you should get it asap. The two people I know who have died were both 40. I know you're not 40 yet, but the impression a lot of people have that it's only old people that die isn't correct. There's getting to be enough of it so that you aren't taking the vaccine from someone else if you sign up. Out here they are only filling vaccine appointments up at 80% capacity according to the local news.

I don't want to nag, but you're a smoker (right?) and I think you should get it asap. The two people I know who have died were both 40. I know you're not 40 yet, but the impression a lot of people have that it's only old people that die isn't correct. There's getting to be enough of it so that you aren't taking the vaccine from someone else if you sign up. Out here they are only filling vaccine appointments up at 80% capacity according to the local news.
    Yes, I am a smoker. I know, I should sign up....I feel like I am cutting the line and others need it before me (my dad is still trying to get his, his appt got cancelled because it was for the J&J one). I think the big reason I am putting it off is my fear of needles. I am so deathly afraid....I legit start to shakes and sweat at the thought. I know, quit being a baby, Nic!

Yes, I am a smoker. I know, I should sign up....I feel like I am cutting the line and others need it before me (my dad is still trying to get his, his appt got cancelled because it was for the J&J one). I think the big reason I am putting it off is my fear of needles. I am so deathly afraid....I legit start to shakes and sweat at the thought. I know, quit being a baby, Nic!
    I get it. From the time I was a kid until I was in my early 20's I had a super phobia of needles. I was the same as you, sweating and shaking, totally scared to death. I got bit by a dog when I was 20 and went to the ER to get stitched up (it was a huge gash down my arm from trying to separate my dog and another dog that were fighting) and I argued with them for 30 minutes to stitch it without pain meds because I was scared of the needle They finally numbed it up with topical stuff so much that I didn't feel the needle, but I was still petrified.

When I was 21 I had to get surgery and my husband told me "I knew how much pain you were in when you marched into the hospital room and stuck your hand out and just let them put that big IV needle in you" After that I kind of got over it, but I don't like shots.

I am not lying when I say that this vaccine was the biggest non-event of a shot I have ever had. I was a little nervous about it, but I barely felt the stick. It barely goes in under the skin. I promise it's not bad, and this is coming from a former shot hater.

I'm going to keep nagging you daily until you get the shot, lol.

I get it. From the time I was a kid until I was in my early 20's I had a super phobia of needles. I was the same as you, sweating and shaking, totally scared to death. I got bit by a dog when I was 20 and went to the ER to get stitched up (it was a huge gash down my arm from trying to separate my dog and another dog that were fighting) and I argued with them for 30 minutes to stitch it without pain meds because I was scared of the needle They finally numbed it up with topical stuff so much that I didn't feel the needle, but I was still petrified.

When I was 21 I had to get surgery and my husband told me "I knew how much pain you were in when you marched into the hospital room and stuck your hand out and just let them put that big IV needle in you" After that I kind of got over it, but I don't like shots.

I am not lying when I say that this vaccine was the biggest non-event of a shot I have ever had. I was a little nervous about it, but I barely felt the stick. It barely goes in under the skin. I promise it's not bad, and this is coming from a former shot hater.

I'm going to keep nagging you daily until you get the shot, lol.
    Oh I know you will

Oh I know you will
    Well, I will too. The latest strain is the most predominant one out there right now and it's both 50% more communicable and deadly. I'm also a needle baby, I HATE them. I seriously didn't even feel it at all. Get the vaccine and I wouldn't be at work around that person right now either.

See, now you have me and Boston nagging you. No one wants that. Go get your shot so you don't have to listen to us anymore!

It's a teeny tiny itsy bitty needle. Seriously. Sign up. Get the shots. It's not just about dying. My cousins husband, a youngish fit active man, was one of the ones that could work hard all day, come home, mow the lawn, fix the car than fish for a few hours before napping for a while and going back to work... can't work all day yet. He was sick in October, ended up being hospitalized a couple times. He's back to working 1/2 days every other day. Works. Crashes for a day or so. It's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

J&J Vaccine got recalled by the FDA for investigation reasons. This is the one where I have to prove to myself I am not a hypocrite here given that I say things about we need to fund vaccine research all the time. Yes I voted for politicians who are aligned with Richard Pan over vaccines laws in the last election. These recent vaccine recalls with the AstraZeneca and J&J are not making it easy for me though. Also I had to learn to be sensitive to people who are vaccine hesitant for legit reasons such as lack of science literacy, previous abuse in healthcare industry such as the Opioid abuse scandal leading into distrust to vaccines, the Tuskegee Abuse allegations as the big factors for voting anti-vax politicians into office.

Thread Information