Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

My mom got her second shot yesterday and at 4am this morning she became dizzy and collapsed onto the floor and was taken to the hospital. They admitted her for observation. Not yet sure it's related or not, my father is with her and they won't give out too much information and my father's a difficult person to deal with. I'm hoping her illness is just a coincidence.

I'm so low on the waiting list that I can't even try to get mine until the end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post
    My mom got her second shot yesterday and at 4am this morning she became dizzy and collapsed onto the floor and was taken to the hospital. They admitted her for observation. Not yet sure it's related or not, my father is with her and they won't give out too much information and my father's a difficult person to deal with. I'm hoping her illness is just a coincidence.

I'm so low on the waiting list that I can't even try to get mine until the end of May.
    Sorry about your mom. That's scary shit.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilzAdvocate View Post

Hope your mom is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    And just to clarify for all the stirrers out there, none of the issues with the caregiver or roomie had anything to do with the vaccine, other than their issues happened on the same day you got your 2nd shot, right?

I have heard the 2nd shot gives you more of a 'sick' response. For the people that have complained about it my response to them was "if you're so bent out of shape over this, imagine how bent out of shape you would be if you didn't get the vaccine and got covid instead!" But I am an ass and the people that were complaining about it aren't my favorite people anyway, lol.

I had Pfizer too. The person who did the most complaining (after she jumped the line to get the vaccine) had Moderna, and her symptoms sounded very similar to yours for the 2nd one.
    Yes. Nothing to do with the shot. The caregiver and mom finished their shots last month. Roomie hasn't had hers yet. Just cosmic bad timing. Sometimes you're golden other times you're sitting sidways in the Suez.

But, the shot was nothing compared to several of the people I know who actually got covid. Nothing.

DevilzAdvocate I hope your mom is home, feeling better soon!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Since so many states are opening up eligibility this week and next, here's a useful site to help you find out if you are eligible now and where to try to get the vaccine:

https://www.nbcnews.com/specials/pla...glish&state=OH

I got an alert to my phone today stating that NY was opening up eligibility to those 30 + starting tomorrow and those 16 + April 6th.

I get my second on Wednesday, the Mr gets his second on the 12th.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

So much for all the people that kept saying nonsense like "it's not any worse than the flu" and "they're just taking normal deaths and reclassifying them as covid".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/healt...ess/index.html

Covid-19 was third leading cause of death last year, CDC confirms in early data
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 12:44 PM.

I did get my second yesterday. I have a sore arm and actually slept in/over slept today but other than just feeling very tired, I have no other issues. Because NY opened up the vaccines for younger and younger ages, the wait was a bit longer last night. But they kept the 1st shots and the 2nd shots in separate lines and I have to say they've done an amazing job.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I did get my second yesterday. I have a sore arm and actually slept in/over slept today but other than just feeling very tired, I have no other issues. Because NY opened up the vaccines for younger and younger ages, the wait was a bit longer last night. But they kept the 1st shots and the 2nd shots in separate lines and I have to say they've done an amazing job.
    That was me after the 1st shot. 2 or 3 days of amazing sleep!!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...es-2021-04-04/

How the wealthy cut the line during Florida's frenzied vaccine rollout
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 12:45 PM.

YASSS. Me too.

I get my shot on the 8th and 29th, cant wait to be done worrying.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm getting my first shot on the 8th. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    YASSS. Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm getting my first shot on the 8th. Yay!
    Congrats! I'll be two weeks past my second on Wednesday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Congrats! I'll be two weeks past my second on Wednesday!!!
    So are you feeling bulletproof...like maybe you could go lick the door handle at the local gas station bathroom?

I just set up my teeth cleaning appointment for next month, two weeks after my 2nd vaccine. I'm so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    YASSS. Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So are you feeling bulletproof...like maybe you could go lick the door handle at the local gas station bathroom?

I just set up my teeth cleaning appointment for next month, two weeks after my 2nd vaccine. I'm so excited.
    uH. Not quite that invincible. But I'm gonna make several appointments, eye doc, dental check, routine pcp. Probably will find out that I've developed some dread terminal tooth crud while hunkering down... but che sara.

uH. Not quite that invincible. But I'm gonna make several appointments, eye doc, dental check, routine pcp. Probably will find out that I've developed some dread terminal tooth crud while hunkering down... but che sara.
    I braved everything else, only because I had to (scratched glasses, got super sick and had to go to the pcp), but I avoided the dentist. Actually, my hygienist refused to see me because of my husband's job. I get it, I had no intention of going in anyway, but she called me up and let me know that she was too scared to see me. My teeth are important, and I try to keep them up, so I really want to get them cleaned and make sure there are no issues.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Trump officials celebrated efforts to change CDC reports on coronavirus, emails show
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 12:46 PM.

So, I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday, and today I feel like a have the flu. So, I'd recommend not working the next day if you can avoid it. First time I've ever called out of work. Good thing they're understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    So, I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday, and today I feel like a have the flu. So, I'd recommend not working the next day if you can avoid it. First time I've ever called out of work. Good thing they're understanding.
    I'm terrified of this. I go for my second Pfizer shot on the 22nd and I can't call in sick with my business

I have a friend who also has MS reporting that she ended up with vertigo a couple of hours after getting her second shot and within 14 hours she was super sick. Fever, vomiting, sore all over and couldn't move.

I'm going to try the broccoli theory. A client of mine heard from someone that if you eat at least five servings of broccoli the day before and then again five servings the day of your second shot that it helps avoid the side effects. Apparently it worked for four of them so far. I don't know how true it is, but I love broccoli so I'm going to go for it. My husband also makes an amazing broccoli soup. So here's to hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm going to drink a ton of water before I get my second shot. I heard it helps you avoid side effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I'm going to drink a ton of water before I get my second shot. I heard it helps you avoid side effects.
    That's the other thing I was told to do.
    Regardless, getting the side effects is NOTHING in comparison to getting the actual virus so I count myself lucky to even have the vaccine available to me. Now we just have to convince the numbnuts that think it's some kind of government conspiracy to stop being morons and get it. Otherwise we'll never hit herd immunity.

I didn't think I'd actually get sick, so I didn't take any advice from anyone. My bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

I slept oh so well after the first one, kind of felt like I was coming down with the flu after the 2nd. Then was fine. Now almost 3 weeks later, I am so dizzy. Could be the shot, could be an ear infection or something. If I'm not better in a few days, I'll drag myself in to urgent care, but it's still better than covid.

I slept oh so well after the first one, kind of felt like I was coming down with the flu after the 2nd. Then was fine. Now almost 3 weeks later, I am so dizzy. Could be the shot, could be an ear infection or something. If I'm not better in a few days, I'll drag myself in to urgent care, but it's still better than covid.
    Ugh. There's nothing worse and I know how that feels. I still get "Dizzy Days" from time to time, but thankfully not vertigo which is SO. MUCH. WORSE.

Hopefully it's something that is easily solved either way

Thread Information