Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    They cancelled Drag Con. I was really looking forward to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    They cancelled Drag Con. I was really looking forward to it
    First 5 cases in South Dakota, including one death here in my county.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

We've had quite a few and some deaths, but it was only elderly with underlying conditions (which seems to be the case in all the deaths here). People need to stop freaking out, I can't even get paper towels, that I am out of, because everyone is buying them all.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

We've had quite a few and some deaths, but it was only elderly with underlying conditions (which seems to be the case in all the deaths here). People need to stop freaking out, I can't even get paper towels, that I am out of, because everyone is buying them all.
    Bwah, ha ha...I will sell you some.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Bwah, ha ha...I will sell you some.
    For a higher price, right? Running a little side business there, I see...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Only elderly.

Some of us are scary close to elderly ourselves or have elderly parents, grandparents, coworkers and friends.

People need to start using a bit of common sense. No, you probably don't need enough paper products to last through the election, but wash your hands and quit going out when you're feeling sick.

We sent one of our staff home Monday, cause she looked like death warmed over. Oh it's nothing contagious, just something the kids brought home from school. WTF do you think contagious means

She went to the doctor cause her husband insisted. Influenza A. I don't need that either!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

In a pandemic you're only ever as safe as the poorest & least able to access sick leave + medical care in your community

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomhanks/...09897020207104
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuck blighted ninja?ed my ass

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Fuck blighted ninja?ed my ass

WHAT?! It takes a pandemic to bring you out of the wood work?!

WHAT?! It takes a pandemic to bring you out of the wood work?!
    I know, I swear I feel like I've got disaster whiplash this year. We watched 4 pyrocumulus form from our front verandah during the bushfires (I'd never seen pyrocumulus in real life before this). One of them was the town of Lake Conjola burning south of us

This was Conjola the first day the fire came at us

The very day they finally declared the Currowan fire officially extinguished we were put on flood watch & this was Conjola

Now the fucking plague's coming & it's still only March ffs

Oh yeah, & in between the floods & the plague I also saw my first ever 100+ strike lightning storm & first ever ball lightning - it looked like the cloud had caught fire for at least 15 mins.

I will never, ever again speak the words "Oh well, it could be worse"

Also, I feel like our conservative PM should share the coronavirus stupidity spotlight with Trump. Scott Morrison ignored over 12 mths of pleas from bushfire experts to bring in more air support ahead of last year's fire season start & he did fuck all until the fires had been burning for 5 mths & multiple towns had already been incinerated.

You'd think that would make him listen to the warnings from authorities & medical experts in countries that have already been hard hit by the virus, but nah

Just a few hours ago he was telling journos he's still going to a football match on the weekend.

No doubt millions will now feel assured that it's perfectly safe to go to large public events. This is after up to 12,000 people were exposed to someone with coronavirus at a 3 day outdoor music festival in Victoria last weekend. The Victorian state govt is also going ahead with their Grand Prix this weekend - up to 300K are expected to attend. The Victorian govt is the Aus version of the Democrats so both sides are being pretty useless.

Someone from Italy looked at pix of today's smaller Grand Prix crowds posted by a media outlet & basically commented "Australia an hour ago. God help them"

Stores are running out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer here. It?s madness.

I woke up to the news that I won't be able to go to Hawaii in April. I think I cried about half an hour because I was looking forward to these vacations since half a year. Fuck you, Corona. Fuck. You.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    I woke up to the news that I won't be able to go to Hawaii in April. I think I cried about half an hour because I was looking forward to these vacations since half a year. Fuck you, Corona. Fuck. You.
    I'm so sorry. This whole thing sucks so much. I hope you'll be able to reschedule after things get better.

I looked at 3 stores for hand sanitizer last night and couldn't find any.

I keep waiting for them to cancel the concerts we have planned, but nothing so far. I think we're just going to bite the bullet and not go.

I'm so sorry. This whole thing sucks so much. I hope you'll be able to reschedule after things get better.

I looked at 3 stores for hand sanitizer last night and couldn't find any.

I keep waiting for them to cancel the concerts we have planned, but nothing so far. I think we're just going to bite the bullet and not go.
    cajun hand.jpg

Welp schools here are cancelled for 3 weeks

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Our school district and all around us have a detailed plan in place down to rotating schedules as of today. Haven?t closed yet but it?s STRONGLY looking like it?s coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

This was Spring Break. They just extended the break for students for an additional week, faculty and staff are to come back next week and get set up for online classes. They haven't made the final decision to go online only, but If I had to bet...

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau & his wife remain in quarantine now that her test has come back positive for covid-19

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/...mpression=true

This is the Australian politician who locks up asylum seekers, including children, in indefinite offshore detention

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...virus/12055104

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton diagnosed with coronavirus
    By political correspondent Brett Worthington
    Updated 7 minutes ago

PHOTO: Peter Dutton has been admitted to hospital having tested positive for COVID-19. (ABC News: Jed Cooper)

Key points:

Peter Dutton confirms he was diagnosed with coronavirus on Friday afternoon

He will remain in hospital where he will be treated for the virus

Mr Dutton was in Sydney for a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, before returning to Queensland

The Federal Government frontbencher said he felt fine but woke up with a temperature and sore throat.

"I immediately contacted the Queensland Department of Health and was subsequently tested for COVID-19," Mr Dutton said in a statement.

"I was advised by Queensland Health this afternoon that the test had returned positive.

"It is the policy of Queensland Health that anyone who tests positive is to be admitted into hospital and I have complied with their advice.

"I feel fine and will provide an update in due course."

Mr Dutton was in Sydney for a Cabinet meeting on Tuesday and returned to Brisbane on a commercial flight on the same day.

When someone contracts COVID-19, health officials alert people who have been in contact with them.

They are then expected to self-isolate at home and monitor their health for 14 days after the contact with the infected person.

The ABC has contacted Prime Minister Scott Morrison's office to see if he, and the Cabinet, will have to isolate themselves.

Earlier on Friday, Mr Morrison met with state and territory leaders to assess Australia's response to the spread of coronavirus.

Mr Dutton missed his usual Friday morning appearance on commercial TV, at the time being described as having a "stomach bug".

More to come.

Shortly after the news broke ...

Peter Dutton 6 days ago ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Edit,

Lollllllll. Nvm. I really do need to go to the optometrist
    Last edited by blighted star; 03-13-2020 at 01:03 AM.

4 days ago

19hrs ago

Brazilian president's press secretary tests positive for coronavirus, days after meeting Trump

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/12/a...ntl/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Peter Dutton 6 days ago ...

Thread Information