Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So I went to the grocery store today and stocked up on supplies. Not to protect myself from a virus. That wasn't my worry. To protect myself from idiots clearing the shelves thinking that it's the end times. Regardless of what happens, they've bought up a bunch of shit that nobody who needs it on a normal basis will be able to get now. You know what I wish? That this threat was actually at the level that they think it's at and kills off the stupid people.

If anything, I stocked up on stuff that will come in handy in case of an earthquake because my kits needed updating. We'll be sitting pretty if the big one hits in the next six months to a year. And prepared for human stupidity if they make this shit out to be the drama they desperately want it to be. Still won't be able to pay rent if that happens, but we'll have pasta and rice and canned soup to eat under the bridge in our car at least.

Always a silver lining
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-03-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    So I went to the grocery store today and stocked up on supplies. Not to protect myself from a virus. That wasn't my worry. To protect myself from idiots clearing the shelves thinking that it's the end times. Regardless of what happens, they've bought up a bunch of shit that nobody who needs it on a normal basis will be able to get now. You know what I wish? That this threat was actually at the level that they think it's at and kills off the stupid people.

If anything, I stocked up on stuff that will come in handy in case of an earthquake because my kits needed updating. We'll be sitting pretty if the big one hits in the next six months to a year. And prepared for human stupidity if they make this shit out to be the drama they desperately want it to be. Still won't be able to pay rent if that happens, but we'll have pasta and rice and canned soup to eat under the bridge in our car at least.

Always a silver lining
    Yeah, I imagine somewhere in TX my sister is dusting off her Y2K end of the world food rations and feeling pleased with herself that she was already prepared.

We'll be sitting pretty if the big one hits in the next six months to a year. And prepared for human stupidity if they make this shit out to be the drama they desperately want it to be. Still won't be able to pay rent if that happens, but we'll have pasta and rice and canned soup to eat under the bridge in our car at least.

Always a silver lining
    Your ability to maintain a positive outlook in the face of adversity is truly inspiring.

Seriously though, this sucks for you and I hope for your sake and others like you, that the hysteria dies down soon. Big Pig Hugs to you....
    Last edited by KimTisha; 03-04-2020 at 06:44 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Always a silver lining
    I went to Meijers yesterday and they were all sold out of hand sanitizer. The whole shelf was empty.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I tried to call my doctor's office this morning to set up a blood pressure check up and I was NUMBER 96 IN QUEUE.

People are freaking out over everything.

I can still buy toilet paper, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I tried to call my doctor's office this morning to set up a blood pressure check up and I was NUMBER 96 IN QUEUE.

People are freaking out over everything.

I can still buy toilet paper, tho.
    We've actually been buying our toilet paper, paper towels and coffee in bulk and having it delivered for the last year now to save money. So we're set in that department, thankfully. We just recieved a shipment last week of that stuff so we're good for now. Dog food too. All of that stuff is going to be gone because of people squandering it out of fear.

Always a silver lining

This girl is pissed, I went on amazon to order my normal things such as emergen c and they were out. Only time in 10 years. People are getting crazy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    This girl is pissed, I went on amazon to order my normal things such as emergen c and they were out. Only time in 10 years. People are getting crazy. lol
    FFS. It's insane
    My worry is for the folks that can't get to the grocery store often and don't have the ability to stock up because of mobility/money issues. Which, ironically enough, are the people that probably need it more than "Ted and Nancy Morrison who are lawyers and have 2.5 kids and amazing insurance". It's sad how people have been so conditioned to be "ME FIRST, FUCK EVERYONE ELSE" in this country.

FFS. It's insane
    My worry is for the folks that can't get to the grocery store often and don't have the ability to stock up because of mobility/money issues. Which, ironically enough, are the people that probably need it more than "Ted and Nancy Morrison who are lawyers and have 2.5 kids and amazing insurance". It's sad how people have been so conditioned to be "ME FIRST, FUCK EVERYONE ELSE" in this country.
    In this country its been me first fuck everyone else ever since they sailed here on their ships and stole land. Me first, this is mine not yours. Nothing has changed!

ugh. We have a film series every year. 400-500 people, many of them oldish every week for 10 weeks. This is week nine. I'm hoping the Trump pandemic doesn't hurt attendance. I'm also hoping we don't spread the plague. moooo
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So what's a large social gathering? 500, 1000, more?

I have tickets to two different concerts at the end of this month. I am beginning to wonder if they might cancel at this point.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...osure-n1152501

So what's a large social gathering? 500, 1000, more?

I have tickets to two different concerts at the end of this month. I am beginning to wonder if they might cancel at this point.
    Good question. Our attendance was a little down last night, but it often is late in the season, also, the movie wasn't one of the strongest, so we were iffy about it already. Also Million Dollar Quartet was in town for two shows (we went to the matinee) probably 2500 people shoehorned together... Our movie theatre seats about 600. People are squeezed into the lobby like sardeens. No way NOT to breathe and cough on each other. If anyone was sick, we are all doomed. Then you get your popcorn and eat it with your hands then touch the armrest???
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Good question. Our attendance was a little down last night, but it often is late in the season, also, the movie wasn't one of the strongest, so we were iffy about it already. Also Million Dollar Quartet was in town for two shows (we went to the matinee) probably 2500 people shoehorned together... Our movie theatre seats about 600. People are squeezed into the lobby like sardeens. No way NOT to breathe and cough on each other. If anyone was sick, we are all doomed. Then you get your popcorn and eat it with your hands then touch the armrest???
    I'm a bit of an admitted germaphobe anyway...I haven't been to a movie theater in over 15 years so that would probably be a no go for me in the best of times.

I'm a bit of an admitted germaphobe anyway...I haven't been to a movie theater in over 15 years so that would probably be a no go for me in the best of times.
    I'm not. You wouldn't know it from my posts here, but I've always been a believer in keeping my immune system strong my challenging it with "a little healthy dirt" not babying it with antibacterial wipes, I get my flu shot and go on about my business, but this feels different. And of course my house is full of invalids.

Damn, I really wanted to go see the Impractical Jokers movie. Should I not risk it?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I'm not. You wouldn't know it from my posts here, but I've always been a believer in keeping my immune system strong my challenging it with "a little healthy dirt" not babying it with antibacterial wipes, I get my flu shot and go on about my business, but this feels different. And of course my house is full of invalids.
    I say I am a germaphobe, but the only thing I do is apply sanitizer. My real reason for not going to the movie theater is because I prefer to watch movies at home because I hate people yacking during movies. I will go to concerts and everywhere else like normal.

I say I am a germaphobe, but the only thing I do is apply sanitizer. My real reason for not going to the movie theater is because I prefer to watch movies at home because I hate people yacking during movies. I will go to concerts and everywhere else like normal.
    Same! I have gone to the theaters like, 2 times in the last decade. I was just going to wait until Impractical Jokers came out but my sister called me to tell me how hilarious it was, and now I don't know if I can wait

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

It?s in Ohio now.

I went to the park today and there was a big snotty loogie (sp?) on the equipment. I was like nope. Bye.

And so it begins. Our first client who's job may require her to work from home until further notice. Thankfully, she says regardless she will need us so we won't be losing the income, but it's unnerving to hear this.

So far, nobody but one client has cancelled travel plans and I completely understand that one since they have four kids and were planning on going to Italy. In a strange twist of fate, this week is even busier than it was for Christmas for us. Normally this would be an opportunity for us to get ahead, but it may actually have to go towards sustaining us if we get locked down or have people start working from home.

Our movies generally have old people who actually come to watch the movie. So we don't get much yacking and texting... I almost never go to the movies otherwise cause of the annoying noisy people.

And so it begins. Our first client who's job may require her to work from home until further notice. Thankfully, she says regardless she will need us so we won't be losing the income, but it's unnerving to hear this.

So far, nobody but one client has cancelled travel plans and I completely understand that one since they have four kids and were planning on going to Italy. In a strange twist of fate, this week is even busier than it was for Christmas for us. Normally this would be an opportunity for us to get ahead, but it may actually have to go towards sustaining us if we get locked down or have people start working from home.
    Fingers crossed that it won't get too bad!

Our movies generally have old people who actually come to watch the movie. So we don't get much yacking and texting... I almost never go to the movies otherwise cause of the annoying noisy people.
    I don't go to the movies because I have a bad case of cinematic narcolepsy or something. I don't know if it's the air conditioned dark theater, the mesmerizing big screen, the comfy seats, or the rustle and crunch of the audience; but I can't seem to stay awake past the opening credits. Every time. I haven't seen a movie in more than 20 years. I think the last movie I saw in the theater was when I took my nieces to see "Titanic" in.... 1998??? Fell asleep on that, too. I still don't know how it ends.... anyone?
    Last edited by KimTisha; 03-10-2020 at 04:46 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I don't go to the movies because I have a bad case of cinematic narcolepsy or something. I don't know if it's the air conditioned dark theater, the mesmerizing big screen, the comfy seats, or the rustle and crunch of the audience; but I can't seem to stay awake past the opening credits. Every time. I haven't seen a movie in more than 20 years. I think the last movie I saw in the theater was when I took my nieces to see "Titanic" in.... 1998???
    Sounds like my Mom. Dad got to the point he'd only take her to the drive-in on carload night. No point in paying for a movie for someone who was going to be asleep before the cartoon (boy am I dating myself)

They used to show a cartoon, a family friendly movie and then something aimed at adults. My dad loved the Hitchcock stuff and I saw more of those movies with him while Mom sawed logs.

Sounds like my Mom. Dad got to the point he'd only take her to the drive-in on carload night. No point in paying for a movie for someone who was going to be asleep before the cartoon (boy am I dating myself)

They used to show a cartoon, a family friendly movie and then something aimed at adults. My dad loved the Hitchcock stuff and I saw more of those movies with him while Mom sawed logs.
    Glad I'm not the only one. I'm fine until the lights go out, and then I turn into one of those fainting goats.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. I'm fine until the lights go out, and then I turn into one of those fainting goats.
    Exactly like Mom... I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've told her "It's time to wake up and go home" when we went to the movies when I was a kid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LojqhHnmyvc

Thread Information