Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    All of my shit is def in my head, except the lung discomfort.....I always have that. If he does have a cold hope he feels better.
    What's up with your lungs?

I keep thinking I am running a fever, but the thermometer says otherwise, so I guess it's all in my head too. My allergies are also driving me crazy, and my acid reflux makes me cough. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Whatever you want to call it. We've had no real restrictions up until now in my county in Florida. Now DeSantis has issued a statewide stay at home order starting tomorrow night. Kind of like most of you guys already have, but Florida has been playing fast and loose with things until now.

It doesn't affect us a whole bunch. I work from home when I am working (not now) and my husband is an essential worker, so he can come and go for his work. Our only issue is that we are renovating our vacant rent house, so I guess no more trips to get supplies from Home Depot or Lowes. We are stocked up on food and such, and are still allowed out to get food anyway.
    Oh ok....so its that stay at home like most of us, ours started last week or the week before I forget. I do think they should do the real lock down for awhile. I didn't know you live in FL....my trips to FL are always fun.....I love it there!

I have emphysema.....but not too too bad, not on meds or anything.....sometimes I do have lung discomfort.

Allergy season is just getting started here, I'm convinced I'm dying when I wake up every morning. But I'm pretty sure it's just the seasonal complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I hate to hear that. I remember when your Dad had surgery last year. I hope everything is ok! Can you wear a mask or a scarf as a mask at least while you are there?
    He's had like, 3 surgeries since late 2018. Multiple procedures, hospital trips, etc. It's like with every procedure he has complications...this is the latest one. They transferred him to UCSF as they found an abscess where they sewed his intestines back together. Worries me he is there with all this going on but it is a great hospital.

I had no mask but had gloves. They had a station set up with a guard and nurse before you could even get into the lobby. I was told I could wear the gloves but would be better off without (sanitizing my hands instead) so that's what I did. The lobby was a ghost town. Even the ER was pretty quiet, lots of empty beds as we were in the non-Covid section.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

They extended our stay-at-home order until May 1st. Have they done that anywhere else?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I’m back at work — working solo in an office in San Francisco. Nearly zero contact with others while in transit and Bay Area commutes are stellar right now. Wondered if some oldies had hopped back on while sitting at home. How everyone feeling??? A few have sniffles sounds like and hope that’s all. Hope your dad is home soon Nic.

Thanks, Morbid!

Angie: I believe ours was extended also. On top of that, it's been announced schools won't reopen until at least the beginning of the new school year.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

He hasn't been answering his cell all day. If you try to call the hospital it's all automated, can't get to a person. Getting a little worried....my only option is to drive the 2 hours to San Fran and I'm not even allowed inside. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    He hasn't been answering his cell all day. If you try to call the hospital it's all automated, can't get to a person. Getting a little worried....my only option is to drive the 2 hours to San Fran and I'm not even allowed inside. Ugh.
    That's scary. I hope everything is ok.

Could his phone be dead?

When i was in the hospital i forgot my charger.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Shit, I really hope you hear from your dad soon, Nic. I'm so fucking worried for all of you & your friends & fam.

We're on pretty heavy restrictions for the next 3 months down here. You're only allowed out of your house for a few specific reasons, some of which are impossible to prove, so police can fine or arrest you for being outside if they feel like it. We also have uniformed soldiers acting like parole officers & doing unannounced checks on people who've been ordered into home quarantine - there are a lot of people in that situation because there was a huge fuckup & an infected cruise ship was allowed to disembark 2700 passengers who then took public transport home to every state & territory in the country. So far there are something like 400 passengers who've tested positive from that one ship. Most states have closed their borders now - don't think that's happened since the Spanish Flu in 1919, Western Aus isn't even letting their own people in after tonight

The Aus govt *seems* to have started getting their shit together over the past week, but they could also be lying about the case numbers. They say they're starting to drop, but if that's true it's probably only because a lot of us had so little faith in them after the bushfires that we started our own lockdowns weeks ago while the govt & conservative media were still insisting everyone could go about their lives as normal. If we'd all listened to them I think we'd be in a much worse place right now.

I guess we'll know in two or three weeks if we're being lied to again, but right now I'm way more worried about all of you than I am about us

Stay safe, all of you

Okay so he finally called me. He is in a lot of pain and didn't feel like talking, apparently (could've at least texted so we knew he was okay but whatever). So he's alive!

My dad was just taken to the hospital (not virus related, we think kidney infection). He just had surgery not that long ago and hasn't been doing well since. So looks like I am headed there, wish me luck. I did call ahead and they said since he isn't showing symptoms of coronavirus, I am able to go see him (just 1 visitor at a time).

Wish me luck!
    Good luck and many prayers!

Okay so he finally called me. He is in a lot of pain and didn't feel like talking, apparently (could've at least texted so we knew he was okay but whatever). So he's alive!
    Good news! So do they have any idea how long he has to stay in the hospital?

Good news! So do they have any idea how long he has to stay in the hospital?
    No idea. I asked if he was going to have to have surgery and he said he doesn't know, they won't tell him anything. All I know is he had to have a blood transfusion and they put a drain in his back, and now we just wait to hear what they say will happen next.

My dad is a very tough person to deal with. When he is in pain he lashes out and is very rude, so my guess is he is doing exactly that to the nurses and now they aren't eager to help him (not to mention I am sure they are super busy). I feel so bad for all of the people that have to deal with him.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kush...ry?id=69936411

After Kushner says 'it's our stockpile,' HHS website changed to echo his comments on federal crisis role
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Weirdest CYA (cover your ass) moment with this bunch this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Weirdest CYA (cover your ass) moment with this bunch this week.
    Right, and if the stockpile doesn't belong to the states, just who is it intended for??? Who is the person/group behind "OUR" stockpile?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It won't let me copy pasta, but they think they may be closer to a cure.

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-parasi...y-says-1496083
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It won't let me copy pasta, but they think they may be closer to a cure.

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-parasi...y-says-1496083
    Ivermectin is the active ingredient in Heartworm meds for dogs. So should I go chomp a couple of their Heartgards? Mmmm beefy!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ivermectin is the active ingredient in Heartworm meds for dogs. So should I go chomp a couple of their Heartgards? Mmmm beefy!
    There's a human oral version.
    It's actually all over the news so funny or not, it's probably what works.

ETA: Disclaimer: THIS ISN'T ME TELLING PEOPLE TO CHUG LICE SHAMPOO. Don't be an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

A coronavirus outbreak at a Carol Stream senior living campus has claimed two lives and sickened nearly a dozen others as some family members become increasingly concerned with the pace of testing.

Covenant Living at Windsor Park reported that 11 residents and two skilled nursing employees tested positive for the virus.

The two residents who died after contracting COVID-19 -- a woman in her 90s and a 100-year-old -- both had underlying health conditions, Executive Director Ben Stevens said in letters to families.

The outbreak originally was limited to the 72-bed skilled nursing section of the North Avenue campus, but a new case has surfaced in the assisted-living area.

As nursing homes across the country become hot spots, operators are struggling with limited testing availability and shortages of healthy employees. More than 400 long-term care facilities in the U.S. have reported at least one COVID-19 case, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Windsor Park has scaled up recruitment of nurses, nursing assistants and other health care workers. Operators are trying to stem the virus spread with twice-daily disinfection cleanings in isolation rooms, a daily review of infection control protocols for every shift, and protective equipment training for all nursing, housekeeping and dining shifts. All health care workers are required to wear masks.
    https://www.dailyherald.com/news/202...-senior-campus
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

A girl at my job caught the chinese virus. They called in a company to clean the entire building and everyone is expected back to work on Monday. These muthafuckas are crazy telling people they must show up for work....I'm not going anywhere near that building, working remote is whats good.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/05/us/ti...rnd/index.html

Nadia, a tiger at the Bronx Zoo in New York, has become the first of her kind to test positive for the coronavirus.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Thread Information