Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

Okay so he finally called me. He is in a lot of pain and didn't feel like talking, apparently (could've at least texted so we knew he was okay but whatever). So he's alive!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    My dad was just taken to the hospital (not virus related, we think kidney infection). He just had surgery not that long ago and hasn't been doing well since. So looks like I am headed there, wish me luck. I did call ahead and they said since he isn't showing symptoms of coronavirus, I am able to go see him (just 1 visitor at a time).

Wish me luck!
    Good luck and many prayers!

Okay so he finally called me. He is in a lot of pain and didn't feel like talking, apparently (could've at least texted so we knew he was okay but whatever). So he's alive!
    Good news! So do they have any idea how long he has to stay in the hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Good news! So do they have any idea how long he has to stay in the hospital?
    No idea. I asked if he was going to have to have surgery and he said he doesn't know, they won't tell him anything. All I know is he had to have a blood transfusion and they put a drain in his back, and now we just wait to hear what they say will happen next.

My dad is a very tough person to deal with. When he is in pain he lashes out and is very rude, so my guess is he is doing exactly that to the nurses and now they aren't eager to help him (not to mention I am sure they are super busy). I feel so bad for all of the people that have to deal with him.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kush...ry?id=69936411

After Kushner says 'it's our stockpile,' HHS website changed to echo his comments on federal crisis role
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Weirdest CYA (cover your ass) moment with this bunch this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Weirdest CYA (cover your ass) moment with this bunch this week.
    Right, and if the stockpile doesn't belong to the states, just who is it intended for??? Who is the person/group behind "OUR" stockpile?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It won't let me copy pasta, but they think they may be closer to a cure.

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-parasi...y-says-1496083
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It won't let me copy pasta, but they think they may be closer to a cure.

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-parasi...y-says-1496083
    Ivermectin is the active ingredient in Heartworm meds for dogs. So should I go chomp a couple of their Heartgards? Mmmm beefy!

Ivermectin is the active ingredient in Heartworm meds for dogs. So should I go chomp a couple of their Heartgards? Mmmm beefy!
    There's a human oral version.
    It's actually all over the news so funny or not, it's probably what works.

ETA: Disclaimer: THIS ISN'T ME TELLING PEOPLE TO CHUG LICE SHAMPOO. Don't be an idiot.

A coronavirus outbreak at a Carol Stream senior living campus has claimed two lives and sickened nearly a dozen others as some family members become increasingly concerned with the pace of testing.

Covenant Living at Windsor Park reported that 11 residents and two skilled nursing employees tested positive for the virus.

The two residents who died after contracting COVID-19 -- a woman in her 90s and a 100-year-old -- both had underlying health conditions, Executive Director Ben Stevens said in letters to families.

The outbreak originally was limited to the 72-bed skilled nursing section of the North Avenue campus, but a new case has surfaced in the assisted-living area.

As nursing homes across the country become hot spots, operators are struggling with limited testing availability and shortages of healthy employees. More than 400 long-term care facilities in the U.S. have reported at least one COVID-19 case, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Windsor Park has scaled up recruitment of nurses, nursing assistants and other health care workers. Operators are trying to stem the virus spread with twice-daily disinfection cleanings in isolation rooms, a daily review of infection control protocols for every shift, and protective equipment training for all nursing, housekeeping and dining shifts. All health care workers are required to wear masks.
    https://www.dailyherald.com/news/202...-senior-campus
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

A girl at my job caught the chinese virus. They called in a company to clean the entire building and everyone is expected back to work on Monday. These muthafuckas are crazy telling people they must show up for work....I'm not going anywhere near that building, working remote is whats good.

Lee Fierro, an actor best known for playing Mrs. Kintner in “Jaws,” has died of complications from coronavirus, according to The Martha’s Vineyard Times. She was 91.

A resident of Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., Fierro had been living at an assisted care facility in Ohio when she died.

Fierro’s character was the mother to Alex Kintner (Jeffrey Voorhees), the second victim of the great white shark in “Jaws.” In the 1975 film, her son was attacked off the shore of Amity Island, and she walks up to police chief Brody (Roy Scheider) and slaps him in a memorable scene. She also reprises her role as the character in “Jaws: The Revenge” in 1987.

While shooting the Steven Spielberg movie in Martha’s Vineyard, Fierro was a drama teacher at the Island Theatre Workshop, where she mentored hundreds of aspiring actors. She spent more than 25 years there as the artistic director, and she continued helping out well into her 80s. Fierro moved to Ohio in 2017 to be closer to her family.

A small service, due to the social distancing rules in place during the coronavirus pandemic, is being planned by Fierro’s family in Ohio. There are plans for a memorial service in Martha’s Vineyard at a later date.

Bronx Zoo tiger tests positive for coronavirus

https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/a-bron...s-coronavirus/

The coronavirus is infecting New Yorkers of all stripes.

A 4-year-old Malayan tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the COVID-19 bug after developing a dry cough, the Wildlife Conservation Society said in a statement Sunday.

“Nadia, a 4-year-old female Malayan tiger at the Bronx Zoo, has tested positive for COVID-19. She, her sister Azul, two Amur tigers, and three African lions had developed a dry cough and all are expected to recover,” the statement read.
    The diagnosis was confirmed by USDA’s National Veterinary Services Laboratory in Iowa “out of an abundance of caution,” the society said.

The big cats are on the mend, the WCS said.

“Though they have experienced some decrease in appetite, the cats at the Bronx Zoo are otherwise doing well under veterinary care and are bright, alert, and interactive with their keepers,” the statement said. “It is not known how this disease will develop in big cats since different species can react differently to novel infections, but we will continue to monitor them closely and anticipate full recoveries.”

The four affected big cats are housed in the zoo’s Tiger Mountain exhibit.

None of the other cats at the zoo, which includes leopards, cheetahs, and pumas, have shown symptoms, the society said.

Zoo officials said they hope Nadia’s diagnosis “will ensure any knowledge we gain about COVID-19 will contribute to the world’s continuing understanding of this novel coronavirus.”

The zoo has been closed since March 16 due to the spread of the virus.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, animals can become infected by the coronavirus, but scientists don’t believe they can spread the bug to humans.

In the United States, there is no evidence to suggest that any animals, including pets, livestock, or wildlife, might be a source of COVID019 infection at this time,” according to the CDC.

“However, because all animals can carry germs that can make people sick, it’s always a good idea to practice healthy habits around pets and other animals,” the agency notes.

Fuck this shit is zoonotic now.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Every time I see a picture of Boris he reminds me of

So, today I applied for the more streamlined SBA loan that is supposed to be more fast-tracked and less strict. Apparently I was ahead of the game before and filed the more complicated way and before they lifted some of the restrictions that disqualified us. It's for a 10K loan at 4% that MIGHT even be forgiven, but I'm not banking on that right now. Fingers crossed.

Unemployment was a bust. Didn't get approved and now I'm being told that the stimulus checks (IF we even qualify) probably won't get to us until August. Thanks.... For that..... Since rent needs to be paid now and not later.

If this doesn't work, I'm going to personally contact our bank. We've been with them for 12 years, have never done anything to cause them problems and have never asked for a loan. I'm hoping that if all else fails, they might take pity on us.

I'm not going to lie. I'm very upset over working my ass off to avoid claiming disability to build up this amazing business that was doing awesome just to see all of it slip away in the matter of a couple of months due to nothing we had control of. I know that the clients will still be there after all of this, but will we? I'm just at a loss.

I'm also reminding myself that countless others are suffering the same right now. I'm wondering why it's so easy for these huge corporations to get a bail out with our tax money with no question, yet we're left to die.

As a meme I saw put it:

"What is the point of letting these billionaires accrue all of this money if we need to pay them the second their companies lose value".

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    So, today I applied for the more streamlined SBA loan that is supposed to be more fast-tracked and less strict. Apparently I was ahead of the game before and filed the more complicated way and before they lifted some of the restrictions that disqualified us. It's for a 10K loan at 4% that MIGHT even be forgiven, but I'm not banking on that right now. Fingers crossed.

Unemployment was a bust. Didn't get approved and now I'm being told that the stimulus checks (IF we even qualify) probably won't get to us until August. Thanks.... For that..... Since rent needs to be paid now and not later.

If this doesn't work, I'm going to personally contact our bank. We've been with them for 12 years, have never done anything to cause them problems and have never asked for a loan. I'm hoping that if all else fails, they might take pity on us.

I'm not going to lie. I'm very upset over working my ass off to avoid claiming disability to build up this amazing business that was doing awesome just to see all of it slip away in the matter of a couple of months due to nothing we had control of. I know that the clients will still be there after all of this, but will we? I'm just at a loss.

I'm also reminding myself that countless others are suffering the same right now. I'm wondering why it's so easy for these huge corporations to get a bail out with our tax money with no question, yet we're left to die.

As a meme I saw put it:

"What is the point of letting these billionaires accrue all of this money if we need to pay them the second their companies lose value".
    Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Good luck Boston thinking of you.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm not sure if I've posted in this thread, but here I am.
    I had to go to the doctor's office yesterday for my six week postpartum checkup (everything's good).
    The doctor's office is right across the street from the hospital. I was a nervous wreck going, I washed my hands three times while I was there. I also ditched my clothes soon as I got home and scrubbed in the shower.
    The doctor's office took steps to make sure people coming in didn't have the coronavirus, but you never know.
    The baby and I have been self quarantining, but daddy has been traveling for work. He's "essential". I keep harping on my husband to wash his hands. I hope he's been proactive, because his hand washing at home is no where near twenty seconds. My husband drives me nuts with how lackadaisical he is around the house.
    Walmart (in my area) only recently started becoming more strict with the amount of people that can come in and that's one of the main businesses my husband works at.
    Off the topic of my personal life, it's really annoying the amount of older people sharing advice or acting like the coronavirus is just like the flu (I think the body count is making people realize it's not like the flu). I've seen lists on how to beat the coronavirus like gargling with salt water. If only all the dead people had listened, they wouldn't be dead.
    I'm going to start making more people hate me again by calling them idiots. I have people in my husband's family dislike me, because I told them they were stupid (due to Facebook posts).
    I better go back to sleep since this child sleeps two hours at a time. I hope you all stay safe and don't catch this virus!

So a local EMT went into a store and said social distancing was nonsense and coughed on the manager (news flash, he got arrested) and a charge nurse for a local hospital ICU threw a big party this weekend because she she's a big Trump supporter and doesn't believe in anyone being told what they can't do (don't tread on me). What is wrong with people?!
    I meant to respond to this. Did anyone hear about the woman getting charged with terrorism for coughing on produce? I'm not sure if someone already talked about it, but the grocery store had to throw away 35k dollars worth of food.

Simulation shows how a cough can spread coronavirus in supermarkets

https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/simula...us-in-a-store/

Researchers in Finland have released a chilling simulation that shows how droplets from a single cough in a supermarket can hang in the air for “several minutes” and travel across two aisles — possibly infecting nearby shoppers with the coronavirus.

Aalto University, the Finnish Meteorological Institute, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and the University of Helsinki studied how aerosolized particles spewed from the respiratory tract when coughing, sneezing — or even talking – flow through the air.

According to preliminary results, tiny particles carrying the coronavirus can linger in the air longer than was originally thought, driving home the importance of avoiding packed indoor spaces.

The four research organizations each conducted the modeling independently, using the same starting conditions, for a person coughing in an aisle between shelves, according to Aalto University.

“Someone infected by the coronavirus, can cough and walk away, but then leave behind extremely small aerosol particles carrying the coronavirus,” Aalto University Assistant Professor Ville Vuorinen said.

“These particles could then end up in the respiratory tract of others in the vicinity,” he added.

VIDEO - https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/simula...us-in-a-store/

I meant to respond to this. Did anyone hear about the woman getting charged with terrorism for coughing on produce? I'm not sure if someone already talked about it, but the grocery store had to throw away 35k dollars worth of food.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...-twisted-prank

I got my cloth mask I had made...too bad im not going anywhere to sport it.

Thread Information