Page 67 of 89 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Got covid, but you're asymptomatic?! Get back to school!

https://www.13wmaz.com/mobile/articl...6-71b29afe1d67
    I'm not suprised by anything at this point. *turns on the album "Kill Em' All" by Metallica*

If nobody is going to care about what they do to others, why should I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cards-n1277156

Florida couple arrested after traveling to Hawaii with fake Covid vaccination cards, officials say

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Florida couple arrested after traveling to Hawaii with fake Covid vaccination cards, officials say
    Oh man, I hope they said "McLovin"

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

They said their 4 and 5 year olds were vaccinated fucking idiots

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Oh man, I hope they said "McLovin"
    It said McIdiots.
    It would've been a lot cheaper to get the kids tested than having to post bail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The lengths people will go to just to be assholes. Imagine how productive our society would be if they used that energy towards improving the world instead of being selfish morons.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

It said McIdiots.
    It would've been a lot cheaper to get the kids tested than having to post bail.
    How to ruin a vacation in one easy step... Get your vaxes, you idiots. I have to assume they'll make them quarantine, or maybe just send them back to Fl.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I stockpile things anyway because I coupon,
    I love you even more now! Friends call me a hoarder but who do they turn to when they need something for cheap or free? PS. I don't hoard. I'm just a curator of useful items.

Today I called my friend's husband (he's like my second Pop) to tell him that booster shots are available to all beginning on 9/1. I asked him what did he think about it. He TOLD me that I will be getting the booster, along with him, and he was checking for appointments for us. I just said ok. Was planning on it anyway due to college starting on the 30th. I have a lot of students from the NYC area.

A few years ago I had an older student drive me to look at a house because he would know what to inspect. It was winter and we were in a car with windows up and heat blasting. I knew he had the sniffles. By the next night, I was in an isolation unit unable to breathe. Turns out he had more than the sniffles. He ended up in isolation in the room next to mine.

Hopefully, no reactions to the booster.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    I love you even more now! Friends call me a hoarder but who do they turn to when they need something for cheap or free? PS. I don't hoard. I'm just a curator of useful items.
    I get all kinds of eyerolls or comments about my couponing, but I still have tp and paper towels from BEFORE the pandemic...That I got for super cheap, so I don't care. Hubby built me all kinds of storage when we moved so it's tucked away nice and neat for a rainy pandemic day or if an asteroid hits the earth.

Today I called my friend's husband (he's like my second Pop) to tell him that booster shots are available to all beginning on 9/1. I asked him what did he think about it. He TOLD me that I will be getting the booster, along with him, and he was checking for appointments for us. I just said ok. Was planning on it anyway due to college starting on the 30th. I have a lot of students from the NYC area.

A few years ago I had an older student drive me to look at a house because he would know what to inspect. It was winter and we were in a car with windows up and heat blasting. I knew he had the sniffles. By the next night, I was in an isolation unit unable to breathe. Turns out he had more than the sniffles. He ended up in isolation in the room next to mine.

Hopefully, no reactions to the booster.
    I'm glad he encouraged you to get it sooner rather than later! I hope you have no issues!

I just found out my friend and his whole family have it. They can't get his fever to break. He volunteered with me and our friend that died last year. He didn't get the vaccine. I am so upset at him.I don't understand why he didn't get it.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-19-2021 at 04:02 PM.

I get all kinds of eyerolls or comments about my couponing, but I still have tp and paper towels from BEFORE the pandemic...That I got for super cheap, so I don't care. Hubby built me all kinds of storage when we moved so it's tucked away nice and neat for a rainy pandemic day or if an asteroid hits the earth.
    For my upper-level consumer behavior class, I do what I call an "outliers series" on things like tiny houses, freeganism, and of course couponing. After I bring in some of my useful items, with the receipts, I usually get at least one interested in joining us. I also put my savings to good use. A friend took her Dad and sister to Germany on her savings. I donate a lot of stuff to a church for backpacks for hungry kids (https://regionalfoodbank.net/backpack-program/) and Christmas shoeboxes (https://www.samaritanspurse.org/oper...ck-a-shoe-box/).

The friend who went to Germany needed a tractor. She went to our local grocery store who gives out gas points and bought almost $900 worth of Amazon gc. Used her prime account to buy something expensive to cut her grass and got free shipping. The gas points she got for buying the gift cards kept her car filled with free gas for weeks. I bowed downed to greatness.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 08-19-2021 at 03:09 PM.

How long after your last shot do you need the booster? Eight months?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    IDK. When I find out, I'll share the info.

Yeah, that's what they are saying for P and M. J is still working on getting their plan approved.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

I got my last shot in May. I'm assuming it'll be November before I need a booster?
    Last edited by curiouscat; 08-19-2021 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

For my upper-level consumer behavior class, I do what I call an "outliers series" on things like tiny houses, freeganism, and of course couponing. After I bring in some of my useful items, with the receipts, I usually get at least one interested in joining us. I also put my savings to good use. A friend took her Dad and sister to Germany on her savings. I donate a lot of stuff to a church for backpacks for hungry kids (https://regionalfoodbank.net/backpack-program/) and Christmas shoeboxes (https://www.samaritanspurse.org/oper...ck-a-shoe-box/).

The friend who went to Germany needed a tractor. She went to our local grocery store who gives out gas points and bought almost $900 worth of Amazon gc. Used her prime account to buy something expensive to cut her grass and got free shipping. The gas points she got for buying the gift cards kept her car filled with free gas for weeks. I bowed downed to greatness.
    That is awesome!

I came home from work one day back in 2008 and my husband was telling me about this show he watched on some random channel about this woman who couponed and saved all this money. I was doubtful that it would really save that much, but willing to try it, and so we started couponing together, getting the CVS and Walgreens freebies. I just took it from there and ran with it and started couponing on everything-drugstores, publix, home stores, etc. In 2011 I kept a spreadsheet of all my coupon savings and I saved over 11k on stuff we were already buying anyway. My friends didn't believe it and were naysayers about trying it, but I did manage to convince two people to start couponing over the years.

I donate a lot of stuff I get to the animal shelter and sometimes food bank (but believe it or not they are somewhat picky so I don't donate that much anymore to them).

I don't coupon too much anymore except for food, because I am really stocked up, but I think everyone should try it. I think you are doing a huge favor for all of your students by letting them look in to that world. Even if it's just one a semester that gets into it, that's one life that you have changed for the positive!

When I was in college, I wished I knew about couponing and working as a brand ambassador.

I googled:

When should you get Covid booster?

The booster shots should be given eight months after a person received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna shot in order to gain longer-lasting protection against the coronavirus as the delta variant spreads across the country.

I'm screwed because that'll be December ... after the end of my fall semester.

We're Number 1!

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...es/8204546002/

New York Times: South Dakota leads nation in new COVID-19 case increases per 100,000 residents

South Dakota has the highest COVID-19 case increase per 100,000 residents the past two weeks, according to data from the New York Times.

The state now has a seven-day average of 177 new COVID-19 cases ? 20 per 100,000 residents, according to the data, which is pulled from local, state and federal health departments.

The jump is a 230% increase in the last two weeks.

Guam ranks second with a nearly 200% increase with 43 new cases, and West Virginia follows with a 141% increase with 634 new cases reported, according to the data.

The number of active COVID-19 cases jumped on Thursday, according to the most recent data from the South Dakota Department of Health. The data show 295 people have been diagnosed with COVID-19, outpacing the number of recoveries.
    Sarai Peralta receives her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, at the Avera Health vaccine clinic in Sioux Falls.

South Dakota also ranks third for hospitalizations over the past two weeks with a seven-day average of 86 people being hospitalized, according to the NYT data. However, South Dakota ranks 45th with recent COVID-19 deaths.

Sioux Falls Mayor Paul Tenhaken tweeted a photo from WalletHub though Thursday evening stating South Dakota was No. 1 when it came to states recovering the quickest from the pandemic.

More:New COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations outpacing recoveries in South Dakota

The WalletHub study scored states on 18 key factors, including vaccination rates, unemployment and financial spending. But, South Dakota only broke the top five once in the determined categories when it came to pre-pandemic versus current unemployment levels.

The state still managed to nab a total score a 78.95.

Last year at the beginning of October, South Dakota ranked No. 1 for COVID-19 cases per 100,000 but it was much higher than the point the state is currently at. At that time, South Dakota had reported 3,517 cases ? 398 per 100,000.

One good thing: The rate of vaccinations in the state has gone up a tick; 61% of South Dakotans have received at least one dose of a vaccine compared to earlier last week when only 60% of the state had at least one dose.

Great, just got this email from my son's school:

Good Afternoon family of Tyler,
    Yesterday we learned that a student or staff member who had interactions with your child has tested positive for COVID-19. They were last on campus on Thursday, Aug. 12. Your child has been identified as being exposed to the positive individual. However, all involved parties were wearing face coverings at the time of exposure, which makes your student eligible for a modified quarantine (rather than a standard quarantine through Sunday, Aug. 22).

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Great, just got this email from my son's school:
    Peachy. I'm so sorry for the parents of littles right now!

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Peachy. I'm so sorry for the parents of littles right now!
    He's not so little, 16 almost 17. If he were vaccinated, he wouldn't have to get tested twice a week like he has to now. This was also in the email:

If your child is unvaccinated, your child can continue to attend school for in-person instruction tomorrow if they:
    1. Are asymptomatic;
    2. Continue to appropriately mask, as required;
    3. Undergo at least twice weekly testing during the 10-day quarantine;
    4. Do not participate in instructional components of the school day where a face covering cannot be worn, such as while playing certain musical instruments; and
    5. Continue to quarantine for all extracurricular activities at school, including sports, and activities within the community setting.
    If your child is fully vaccinated and asymptomatic, your child may continue to attend in-person learning without testing requirements, but must demonstrate proof of vaccination to our front office.
    My husband and I have been arguing, I told him it should be his decision since he is almost 17 and if he wants to get vaccinated, I will take him. My husband was pissed and said he will not allow him to get vaccinated. So, I told my hubby sucks for you that now you have to miss work to take him to get tested twice a week. If I take him, it's not just for a test but to get the shot.

He's not so little, 16 almost 17. If he were vaccinated, he wouldn't have to get tested twice a week like he has to now. This was also in the email:

My husband and I have been arguing, I told him it should be his decision since he is almost 17 and if he wants to get vaccinated, I will take him. My husband was pissed and said he will not allow him to get vaccinated. So, I told my hubby sucks for you that now you have to miss work to take him to get tested twice a week. If I take him, it's not just for a test but to get the shot.
    OK, not so little, but still your responsibility to make good decisions for him.
    Good for you. My friend's husband was always grounding their sons and expecting her to enforce the grounding. Nope. Not gonna happen. If we decided together that that's the thing to do, we split the supervision, but you grounded him for some BS YOU sit on him.

Another divorced couple I know are fighting over their ADULT children's decision to get vaccinated (again, he's not if favor of it) For Real!

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    OK, not so little, but still your responsibility to make good decisions for him.
    Good for you. My friend's husband was always grounding their sons and expecting her to enforce the grounding. Nope. Not gonna happen. If we decided together that that's the thing to do, we split the supervision, but you grounded him for some BS YOU sit on him.

Another divorced couple I know are fighting over their ADULT children's decision to get vaccinated (again, he's not if favor of it) For Real!
    Yeah, the fact that we are on opposite sides has caused a lot of fights. Honestly, it pisses me off because yeah, I'm not his biological mom but I have been raising him with my husband since he was 2. And his thing is "he's my son and he will not get vaccinated!" Oh, now he's just yours? Go fuck off.

But it also puts me in a weird position. If Tyler asks me, do I go behind my husband's back? Technically, I am not his legal guardian so my husband isn't TOTALLY wrong but still....ugh. I just wish my husband wasn't so against it.

Thread Information