Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureAttachment View Post
    I was in Myanmar, but Peace Corps required all volunteers across the globe to evacuate unfortunately. It looks like my host country is working hard to make sure it stays under control, which I am so grateful for. An outbreak in country would likely be devastating and take a long time to recover, due to the infrastructure of their health system and availability of resources. They were taking some measures prior to the two individuals who entered the country with COVID-19, which was nice to see.
    I'm happy to hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

What the fuck? Those people are terminally stupid. If I'm a leftist because I practice social distancing and isolation, then I'm leftist who believes in science. Am I supposed to feel bad for those idiots when they get it? Then I have to worry about me and my family getting it, because of idiots like that? Fuck them.

I've been reading about this virus pretty thoroughly, and though I'm not a doctor, I have some opinions: most viruses come in 2 phases, and I believe the first phase came in January with patient zero in Washington, D.C. A lot of people had a lot of the symptoms of the virus, but they were mild enough that they didn't need to be hospitalized.

We are now in phase 2 that started in March, and should peak in mid April. This phase is strong and deadly. Hopefully by May things will be back to normal.

But with idiots like the ones in the above article, it may last longer because people are being irresponsible.

Has anyone heard about these "corona parties" teenagers are having? They find an infected person and have a party with them. That's beyond exceptional and downright fucking retarded (and I don't like to use that word).

ETA: the virus doesn't care what political party you are in, it will fuck you up regardless.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 03-29-2020 at 10:58 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I normally couldn't give two shits what the stupid people do, but their behavior directly puts me in danger of 1. DYING and 2. Becoming homeless.

That's my issue.

Can the governor override the opening of that Liberty University?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21H0Q2
    much more at link.
    Five days of worship that set a virus time bomb in France
    Tangi Sala?n

13 Min Read

PARIS (Reuters) - From the stage of an evangelical superchurch, the leader of the gospel choir kicked off an evening of prayer and preaching: ?We?re going to celebrate the Lord! Are you feeling the joy tonight??
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

All news aside , I just wanted to check in and see how all of my MDS friends were doing with this. I know it's a stressful time for everyone, and we should make sure we're staying in touch and checking in on each other. I'm always around if anyone needs to chat or vent.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    All news aside , I just wanted to check in and see how all of my MDS friends were doing with this. I know it's a stressful time for everyone, and we should make sure we're staying in touch and checking in on each other. I'm always around if anyone needs to chat or vent.
    My routine hasn't changed much except for can't go anywhere on my off time. I still have to go in to work every day, which means trips to the gas station (a little scary for me) and only occasional trips to the store for things I need.

How is everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

My routine hasn't changed much except for can't go anywhere on my off time. I still have to go in to work every day, which means trips to the gas station (a little scary for me) and only occasional trips to the store for things I need.

How is everyone else?
    Same. I work in tech, so I am completely set up to work remotely. Normally i work from home 3/5 days of the week so it's not really a big deal for me.

However, I'm getting restless because I need to get out of this house. I'm gonna brave the badlands and head to Rite Aid on my break today in about an hour. I need stuff.

Things are good here, no issues no worries. Hope you're good too and hope you're stress free.

Same. I work in tech, so I am completely set up to work remotely. Normally i work from home 3/5 days of the week so it's not really a big deal for me.

However, I'm getting restless because I need to get out of this house. I'm gonna brave the badlands and head to Rite Aid on my break today in about an hour. I need stuff.
    I wish I was able to work from home but I can't My work requires me to also go to the Post Office to get our mail and go to the bank to do the deposit, and it scares me being out and about and around others.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I wish I was able to work from home but I can't My work requires me to also go to the Post Office to get our mail and go to the bank to do the deposit, and it scares me being out and about and around others.
    The PO won't or can't deliver mail to your office?

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    The PO won't or can't deliver mail to your office?
    My work is about 30-40 minutes away from the PO Box, in a different county.

My work is about 30-40 minutes away from the PO Box, in a different county.
    I had no idea the PO can put limits on how far they will deliver mail. That's crazy.

I just turned the tv on they're showing India, goddamn they have a lot of people there. This shit will probably kill most of them, images of thousands upon thousands of people packed into buses trying to get away.

It sucks having to entertain a 2 year old who won't take a walk with me or let me push him in a stroller. Plus my husband works from home, so I have to keep him somewhat quiet.

It's frustrating, but I'm just thankful that none of my family or friends have the virus. My moms cousin thought he had it, the doctor just prescribed him antibiotics (for a secondary bacterial infection) and told him to quarantine himself. He said there isn't enough tests so just assume he had it.

We need to test more people! How are we going to get accurate numbers if we aren't testing people?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It sucks having to entertain a 2 year old who won't take a walk with me or let me push him in a stroller. Plus my husband works from home, so I have to keep him somewhat quiet.

It's frustrating, but I'm just thankful that none of my family or friends have the virus. My moms cousin thought he had it, the doctor just prescribed him antibiotics (for a secondary bacterial infection) and told him to quarantine himself. He said there isn't enough tests so just assume he had it.

We need to test more people! How are we going to get accurate numbers if we aren't testing people?
    We don't WANT accurate numbers. It'd make certain people look like they don't know what they are doing...

So, we've been basically home for 2 weeks now. Working remotely most of the time. Go into work for a few minutes every few days to do things that can't be done from home.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Damn pmurt.

We're still servicing a small handful of clients, but on a paranoid level ie washing stations in our cars, having them leave the dogs in the yard if they have one, no contact whatsoever, not touching surfaces and when we return home we disinfect anything that we bring in to the house, take off our clothes and launder them and we take a shower right away.

Most of our clients we are servicing right now are essential and some work in the medical industry, so we're all being really safe. There's one in particular that I was nervous about because they didn't seem to be taking it as seriously. We avoided them like the plague, but they live in a building so we still had to enter the home. We took plenty of precautions with them because my "uncomfortable meter" went off with them.

Well, I should listen to my gut. They contacted me this morning to let us know that people they spent time with the wkend before last have all of the symptoms. So much for social distancing.......
    Anyway, THEY don't have any symptoms but are in quarantine for real now just to be safe. We had to stop servicing them. We're SO careful, but I can't help but to have this scare the fuck out of me. If we had enough money in the bank to float us for a few months, we wouldn't be working right now. We're down about 85% of our usual income at the moment and holding on by a thread. I just had to vent that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    We're still servicing a small handful of clients, but on a paranoid level ie washing stations in our cars, having them leave the dogs in the yard if they have one, no contact whatsoever, not touching surfaces and when we return home we disinfect anything that we bring in to the house, take off our clothes and launder them and we take a shower right away.
    I'm so sorry this is causing such stress and trauma. Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I'm so sorry this is causing such stress and trauma. Stay safe!
    Yeah, I had a tension headache (MIGRAINE) at the back right side of my head for weeks. It was REALLY bad and still there, but being managed. This past weekend I finally decided that I had to let all of it go for a couple of days. We enjoyed homemade lasagna, wine (only me, hubby doesn't drink), rest, playing dumb games on my phone, bubble baths and even a fire in our little pit last night. It did me a WORLD of good.

To wake up to that on Monday kind of threw me right back in to a tailspin. I'm trying my best to understand the things that are beyond my control and take control of the things that are in my control. Suffering from depression and anxiety for the past two years hasn't helped lol. But I'm doing my best.

Thank you so much for listening and getting it. I honestly am so lucky to have this place with all of you and I love you all for it

Right now, we are so lucky. Working from home, but still working. I'm worried about the future. I know all of this has to be beating the hell out of the state budget. And that's going to hurt us eventually. I worry that enrollment is going to be way down next fall, and that will really hurt. But hopefully things will calm down by then. I'm much more worried about my mom and her siblings, none of whom are youngsters and other family and friends who have health issues... But I'm getting good rest and playing with my dogs and seeing friends here. So, yeah. Thanks be for all of you all.

I usually work from home too, doing graphics and photo editing. Right now all of that has dried up (sans a few edits). I know it will pick up again so I am not complaining.

Watching all of this unfold while having a man child constant back patting & campaigning is a literal mind fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    I usually work from home too, doing graphics and photo editing. Right now all of that has dried up (sans a few edits). I know it will pick up again so I am not complaining.

Watching all of this unfold while having a man child constant back patting & campaigning is a literal mind fuck.
    Indeed. It's both scary and infuriating all at once. Business picking way up after this is the only thing keeping us going. There will be a bonanza of people going away, as long as they can still afford it. Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Indeed. It's both scary and infuriating all at once. Business picking way up after this is the only thing keeping us going. There will be a bonanza of people going away, as long as they can still afford it. Hang in there
    I'm confident your business will pick up. You're good at what you do (I can tell just by how you talk about it) and your clientele seems like they'd be the type of folks who would be fiercely loyal. I would be.

https://www.askamanager.org/2020/03/...efits-law.html
    On Friday, major new unemployment benefits were signed into law ? and they significantly expand who can collect unemployment, for how long, and how much you?ll receive.

Here are the highlights of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:

? From now until July 31, everyone collecting unemployment will receive their regular state benefit, plus an additional $600 per week from the federal government.

? Once your state unemployment benefits run out (in most states that?s after 26 weeks), you?ll be able to get an additional 13 weeks of benefits on top of those.

? Between now and December 31, many people will be eligible to collect unemployment who usually aren?t: independent contractors, freelancers, gig workers, and other self-employed people, plus part-time workers and people who don?t have a long-enough work history to otherwise qualify. (This is only if you are unemployed because of the outbreak or unable to work because of it.)

Answers to some questions I?m hearing a lot:

What if I had accepted a new job but hadn?t started it yet and now the new job has fallen through because of this crisis?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment, assuming you?re not still working at your previous job. Go ahead and file.

What if I started a new job but quickly got laid off because of the crisis, and I don?t have much work history before this?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment, even if your work history wouldn?t normally be enough to qualify you. Go ahead and file.

What if I?m a recent grad who hasn?t started working yet (or someone else new to the workforce), had been looking for a job, but hadn?t found one yet?
    You will not be eligible, unless you have a prior, recent work history.

What if I?m self-employed and my business isn?t bringing in money right now because of the crisis?
    Freelancers, independent contractors, gig workers, and the self-employed will be eligible for unemployment though a new program called Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. (Your unemployment must be related to the coronavirus outbreak.) Go ahead and file.

What if I recently ran out of unemployment? Will I be eligible for the extension?
    As best as I can tell, you will be eligible for the additional 13 weeks of extended benefits and the extra $600/week, but you?ll probably have to file again.

What if I?m not working because I have coronavirus or need to care for a family member who does?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment if you?re not working because you?re experiencing symptoms, have been advised by a health care provider to quarantine, or have received a diagnosis, or if you?re caring for a family member who has. Go ahead and file.

What if I?m unable to work because my child?s school or day care is closed because of the outbreak?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment. Go ahead and file.

What if I quit my job because of something related to coronavirus?
    It depends on the specifics. If you quit because of one of the situations above (your child?s school closed and you need to care for them at home, or your doctor recommended you quarantine), you?ll be eligible for unemployment. But if you quit because you worried about the safety of continuing to work and your employer insisted on staying open, it doesn?t look like you?d be eligible.

Thread Information