Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 468

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

  1. #251
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,462
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Same. I work in tech, so I am completely set up to work remotely. Normally i work from home 3/5 days of the week so it's not really a big deal for me.

    However, I'm getting restless because I need to get out of this house. I'm gonna brave the badlands and head to Rite Aid on my break today in about an hour. I need stuff.
    I wish I was able to work from home but I can't My work requires me to also go to the Post Office to get our mail and go to the bank to do the deposit, and it scares me being out and about and around others.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  2. #252
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I wish I was able to work from home but I can't My work requires me to also go to the Post Office to get our mail and go to the bank to do the deposit, and it scares me being out and about and around others.
    The PO won't or can't deliver mail to your office?

  3. #253
    Senior Member Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    7,462
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    The PO won't or can't deliver mail to your office?
    My work is about 30-40 minutes away from the PO Box, in a different county.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

  4. #254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    My work is about 30-40 minutes away from the PO Box, in a different county.
    I had no idea the PO can put limits on how far they will deliver mail. That's crazy.

  5. #255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    0
    I just turned the tv on they're showing India, goddamn they have a lot of people there. This shit will probably kill most of them, images of thousands upon thousands of people packed into buses trying to get away.

  6. #256
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,868
    Rep Power
    21474854
    It sucks having to entertain a 2 year old who won't take a walk with me or let me push him in a stroller. Plus my husband works from home, so I have to keep him somewhat quiet.

    It's frustrating, but I'm just thankful that none of my family or friends have the virus. My moms cousin thought he had it, the doctor just prescribed him antibiotics (for a secondary bacterial infection) and told him to quarantine himself. He said there isn't enough tests so just assume he had it.

    We need to test more people! How are we going to get accurate numbers if we aren't testing people?

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  7. #257
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,831
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It sucks having to entertain a 2 year old who won't take a walk with me or let me push him in a stroller. Plus my husband works from home, so I have to keep him somewhat quiet.

    It's frustrating, but I'm just thankful that none of my family or friends have the virus. My moms cousin thought he had it, the doctor just prescribed him antibiotics (for a secondary bacterial infection) and told him to quarantine himself. He said there isn't enough tests so just assume he had it.

    We need to test more people! How are we going to get accurate numbers if we aren't testing people?
    We don't WANT accurate numbers. It'd make certain people look like they don't know what they are doing...

    So, we've been basically home for 2 weeks now. Working remotely most of the time. Go into work for a few minutes every few days to do things that can't be done from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  8. #258
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,605
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    We don't WANT accurate numbers. It'd make certain people look like they don't know what they are doing...
    DING, DING, DING-We have a winner!

  9. #259
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,868
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Damn pmurt.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  10. #260
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,308
    Rep Power
    21474860
    We're still servicing a small handful of clients, but on a paranoid level ie washing stations in our cars, having them leave the dogs in the yard if they have one, no contact whatsoever, not touching surfaces and when we return home we disinfect anything that we bring in to the house, take off our clothes and launder them and we take a shower right away.

    Most of our clients we are servicing right now are essential and some work in the medical industry, so we're all being really safe. There's one in particular that I was nervous about because they didn't seem to be taking it as seriously. We avoided them like the plague, but they live in a building so we still had to enter the home. We took plenty of precautions with them because my "uncomfortable meter" went off with them.

    Well, I should listen to my gut. They contacted me this morning to let us know that people they spent time with the wkend before last have all of the symptoms. So much for social distancing.......
    Anyway, THEY don't have any symptoms but are in quarantine for real now just to be safe. We had to stop servicing them. We're SO careful, but I can't help but to have this scare the fuck out of me. If we had enough money in the bank to float us for a few months, we wouldn't be working right now. We're down about 85% of our usual income at the moment and holding on by a thread. I just had to vent that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  11. #261
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,831
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    We're still servicing a small handful of clients, but on a paranoid level ie washing stations in our cars, having them leave the dogs in the yard if they have one, no contact whatsoever, not touching surfaces and when we return home we disinfect anything that we bring in to the house, take off our clothes and launder them and we take a shower right away.
    I'm so sorry this is causing such stress and trauma. Stay safe!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  12. #262
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,308
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I'm so sorry this is causing such stress and trauma. Stay safe!
    Yeah, I had a tension headache (MIGRAINE) at the back right side of my head for weeks. It was REALLY bad and still there, but being managed. This past weekend I finally decided that I had to let all of it go for a couple of days. We enjoyed homemade lasagna, wine (only me, hubby doesn't drink), rest, playing dumb games on my phone, bubble baths and even a fire in our little pit last night. It did me a WORLD of good.

    To wake up to that on Monday kind of threw me right back in to a tailspin. I'm trying my best to understand the things that are beyond my control and take control of the things that are in my control. Suffering from depression and anxiety for the past two years hasn't helped lol. But I'm doing my best.

    Thank you so much for listening and getting it. I honestly am so lucky to have this place with all of you and I love you all for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  13. #263
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,831
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Right now, we are so lucky. Working from home, but still working. I'm worried about the future. I know all of this has to be beating the hell out of the state budget. And that's going to hurt us eventually. I worry that enrollment is going to be way down next fall, and that will really hurt. But hopefully things will calm down by then. I'm much more worried about my mom and her siblings, none of whom are youngsters and other family and friends who have health issues... But I'm getting good rest and playing with my dogs and seeing friends here. So, yeah. Thanks be for all of you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  14. #264
    Senior Member Deviant Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cracker Hole
    Posts
    10,095
    Rep Power
    21474860
    I usually work from home too, doing graphics and photo editing. Right now all of that has dried up (sans a few edits). I know it will pick up again so I am not complaining.

    Watching all of this unfold while having a man child constant back patting & campaigning is a literal mind fuck.

  15. #265
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,308
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    I usually work from home too, doing graphics and photo editing. Right now all of that has dried up (sans a few edits). I know it will pick up again so I am not complaining.

    Watching all of this unfold while having a man child constant back patting & campaigning is a literal mind fuck.
    Indeed. It's both scary and infuriating all at once. Business picking way up after this is the only thing keeping us going. There will be a bonanza of people going away, as long as they can still afford it. Hang in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  16. #266
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,605
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Indeed. It's both scary and infuriating all at once. Business picking way up after this is the only thing keeping us going. There will be a bonanza of people going away, as long as they can still afford it. Hang in there
    Right there with ya'll hoping this happens, and soon!

  17. #267
    Senior Citizen Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,629
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Indeed. It's both scary and infuriating all at once. Business picking way up after this is the only thing keeping us going. There will be a bonanza of people going away, as long as they can still afford it. Hang in there
    I'm confident your business will pick up. You're good at what you do (I can tell just by how you talk about it) and your clientele seems like they'd be the type of folks who would be fiercely loyal. I would be.
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

  18. #268
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,831
    Rep Power
    21474867
    https://www.askamanager.org/2020/03/...efits-law.html
    On Friday, major new unemployment benefits were signed into law ? and they significantly expand who can collect unemployment, for how long, and how much you?ll receive.

    Here are the highlights of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:

    ? From now until July 31, everyone collecting unemployment will receive their regular state benefit, plus an additional $600 per week from the federal government.

    ? Once your state unemployment benefits run out (in most states that?s after 26 weeks), you?ll be able to get an additional 13 weeks of benefits on top of those.

    ? Between now and December 31, many people will be eligible to collect unemployment who usually aren?t: independent contractors, freelancers, gig workers, and other self-employed people, plus part-time workers and people who don?t have a long-enough work history to otherwise qualify. (This is only if you are unemployed because of the outbreak or unable to work because of it.)

    Answers to some questions I?m hearing a lot:

    What if I had accepted a new job but hadn?t started it yet and now the new job has fallen through because of this crisis?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment, assuming you?re not still working at your previous job. Go ahead and file.

    What if I started a new job but quickly got laid off because of the crisis, and I don?t have much work history before this?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment, even if your work history wouldn?t normally be enough to qualify you. Go ahead and file.

    What if I?m a recent grad who hasn?t started working yet (or someone else new to the workforce), had been looking for a job, but hadn?t found one yet?
    You will not be eligible, unless you have a prior, recent work history.

    What if I?m self-employed and my business isn?t bringing in money right now because of the crisis?
    Freelancers, independent contractors, gig workers, and the self-employed will be eligible for unemployment though a new program called Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. (Your unemployment must be related to the coronavirus outbreak.) Go ahead and file.


    What if I recently ran out of unemployment? Will I be eligible for the extension?
    As best as I can tell, you will be eligible for the additional 13 weeks of extended benefits and the extra $600/week, but you?ll probably have to file again.

    What if I?m not working because I have coronavirus or need to care for a family member who does?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment if you?re not working because you?re experiencing symptoms, have been advised by a health care provider to quarantine, or have received a diagnosis, or if you?re caring for a family member who has. Go ahead and file.

    What if I?m unable to work because my child?s school or day care is closed because of the outbreak?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment. Go ahead and file.

    What if I quit my job because of something related to coronavirus?
    It depends on the specifics. If you quit because of one of the situations above (your child?s school closed and you need to care for them at home, or your doctor recommended you quarantine), you?ll be eligible for unemployment. But if you quit because you worried about the safety of continuing to work and your employer insisted on staying open, it doesn?t look like you?d be eligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  19. #269
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,308
    Rep Power
    21474860
    I'm going to look in to this. We're a General Partnership and the last time I checked only sole proprietors were eligible. Maybe that's changed now though.

    ETA: I do know that the Husband doesn't qualify since he's not a citizen and I have a signed affidavit of support from the immigration process. I'm wondering if that will come in to play since he's an equal partner. I hope not.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-31-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  20. #270
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,831
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm going to look in to this. We're a General Partnership and the last time I checked only sole proprietors were eligible. Maybe that's changed now though.

    ETA: I do know that the Husband doesn't qualify since he's not a citizen and I have a signed affidavit of support from the immigration process. I'm wondering if that will come in to play since he's an equal partner. I hope not.
    Well it won't hurt to file. Hopefully pencilwhip you right on through!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  21. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    https://www.askamanager.org/2020/03/...efits-law.html
    On Friday, major new unemployment benefits were signed into law ? and they significantly expand who can collect unemployment, for how long, and how much you?ll receive.

    Here are the highlights of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:

    ? From now until July 31, everyone collecting unemployment will receive their regular state benefit, plus an additional $600 per week from the federal government.

    ? Once your state unemployment benefits run out (in most states that?s after 26 weeks), you?ll be able to get an additional 13 weeks of benefits on top of those.

    ? Between now and December 31, many people will be eligible to collect unemployment who usually aren?t: independent contractors, freelancers, gig workers, and other self-employed people, plus part-time workers and people who don?t have a long-enough work history to otherwise qualify. (This is only if you are unemployed because of the outbreak or unable to work because of it.)

    Answers to some questions I?m hearing a lot:

    What if I had accepted a new job but hadn?t started it yet and now the new job has fallen through because of this crisis?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment, assuming you?re not still working at your previous job. Go ahead and file.

    What if I started a new job but quickly got laid off because of the crisis, and I don?t have much work history before this?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment, even if your work history wouldn?t normally be enough to qualify you. Go ahead and file.

    What if I?m a recent grad who hasn?t started working yet (or someone else new to the workforce), had been looking for a job, but hadn?t found one yet?
    You will not be eligible, unless you have a prior, recent work history.

    What if I?m self-employed and my business isn?t bringing in money right now because of the crisis?
    Freelancers, independent contractors, gig workers, and the self-employed will be eligible for unemployment though a new program called Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. (Your unemployment must be related to the coronavirus outbreak.) Go ahead and file.


    What if I recently ran out of unemployment? Will I be eligible for the extension?
    As best as I can tell, you will be eligible for the additional 13 weeks of extended benefits and the extra $600/week, but you?ll probably have to file again.

    What if I?m not working because I have coronavirus or need to care for a family member who does?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment if you?re not working because you?re experiencing symptoms, have been advised by a health care provider to quarantine, or have received a diagnosis, or if you?re caring for a family member who has. Go ahead and file.

    What if I?m unable to work because my child?s school or day care is closed because of the outbreak?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment. Go ahead and file.

    What if I quit my job because of something related to coronavirus?
    It depends on the specifics. If you quit because of one of the situations above (your child?s school closed and you need to care for them at home, or your doctor recommended you quarantine), you?ll be eligible for unemployment. But if you quit because you worried about the safety of continuing to work and your employer insisted on staying open, it doesn?t look like you?d be eligible.
    Thats good info. I'm going to help my daughter file for unemployment, hopefully there wont be a problem bcz she's still in high school.

  22. #272
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,308
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well it won't hurt to file. Hopefully pencilwhip you right on through!
    Very true. Can't hurt to file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  23. #273
    Senior Member kevansvault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Posts
    4,564
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Save for the last 3 days, I've been working in the hospital. I woke up one morning coughing my fool head off...so badly that I almost blacked out, so I had to call in. They were like "yeah, ummmm...go to the doctor and come back next week.

    It was nice to have a few days off, but my doc and I both agree it's just an allergy exacerbation, albeit the worst one I've ever had. What a fucking time to have allergies where you cough like you're going to die of TB.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

  24. #274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,444
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Save for the last 3 days, I've been working in the hospital. I woke up one morning coughing my fool head off...so badly that I almost blacked out, so I had to call in. They were like "yeah, ummmm...go to the doctor and come back next week.

    It was nice to have a few days off, but my doc and I both agree it's just an allergy exacerbation, albeit the worst one I've ever had. What a fucking time to have allergies where you cough like you're going to die of TB.
    TB was no fun. I went to Istanbul Turkey for a week and came back with TB. What a long ass process....was on meds for over a year but it did eventually go away. Having to deal with the CDC was no fun either. Sucked!

  25. #275
    Senior Member Deviant Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cracker Hole
    Posts
    10,095
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Save for the last 3 days, I've been working in the hospital. I woke up one morning coughing my fool head off...so badly that I almost blacked out, so I had to call in. They were like "yeah, ummmm...go to the doctor and come back next week.

    It was nice to have a few days off, but my doc and I both agree it's just an allergy exacerbation, albeit the worst one I've ever had. What a fucking time to have allergies where you cough like you're going to die of TB.
    Feel better! I am going out of my mind with allergies this past week.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •