Page 35 of 89 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

My aunt and cousin have the coof. It has now infiltrated my family.

It's only a matter of time before I get it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    My aunt and cousin have the coof. It has now infiltrated my family.

It's only a matter of time before I get it.
    Have you been around them lately? Lock yourself in your house and don't let anyone in.

https://news.yahoo.com/fresno-bishop...223049690.html

Hell No! Apparently this Catholic Bishop is an Anti-Vaxxer. I remember in the New York State Measles scare in 2019 I seen ones where the Rabbi who got bribed off by Del Bigtree targeted Orthodox Jews to not get vaccinated and caused a measles scare for political gain by Del Bigtree. We do not need Del Bigtree in US politics in 2021.

Citing ethical concerns about the use of embryonic stem cells in vaccine development, Bishop Joseph Brennan of the Diocese of Fresno is urging Catholics not to "jump on the COVID-19 vaccine bandwagon.?

In a video shared by the diocese this week, Brennan said the race to produce a coronavirus vaccine has spurred researchers to make use of morally objectionable materials.

"I try to maintain a joyful spirit, so I don't like to rain on anyone's parade," Brennan said. "But I'm going to rain on a parade today: the vaccine parade."

In his message, Brennan said the use of embryonic stem cells at any stage of a vaccine's development means Catholics cannot avail themselves of its scientific results.

"I won?t be able to take a vaccine, brothers and sisters, and I encourage you not to, if it was developed with material from stem cells that were derived from a baby that was aborted, or material that was cast off from artificial insemination of a human embryo," he said. "That's morally unacceptable for us."

Brennan said he is not opposed to vaccines in general, and noted that he has received vaccines for the flu and pneumonia, but said he is specifically opposed to vaccines derived from babies "whose lives were taken."

He cited the Pfizer vaccine by name, which ? along with another vaccine from Moderna ? has been roundly celebrated as a breakthrough in the fight against the coronavirus.

Pfizer spokeswoman Jerica Pitts said Thursday the company has not used stem cells in its COVID-19 vaccine program.

"Not a single stage has had it," she said.

Representatives for Moderna did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
    Both vaccine candidates are made with a snippet of the coronavirus' genetic code, and both are estimated to be roughly 95% effective. U.S. officials have said they hope to have about 300 million doses of effective vaccines available for distribution by January.

But Brennan joins a growing chorus of Catholic organizations concerned about stem cells and COVID-19 vaccines. In April, more than 20 Catholic leaders and prominent members of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops signed a letter to the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration urging the federal government to follow "moral principles" in the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

"It is critically important that Americans have access to a vaccine that is produced ethically," they wrote. "No American should be forced to choose between being vaccinated against this potentially deadly virus and violating his or her conscience."

In July, the Philadelphia-based National Catholic Bioethics Center shared a statement in which President Joseph Meany described the potential reliance on a stem cell-developed vaccine as a "nightmare scenario" that would "cause major conscience problems for pro-lifers and Catholics."

Meany went on to say that he is confident that researchers can develop a vaccine for the virus without making use of such cells, something Brennan stated as well.

"Thank goodness there are some that are being developed ... that have no connection at all with any of that material," Brennan said. "I don't want to cause anyone pain. I don't want to cause anyone to be less hopeful than they normally would be about coming to grips with this terrible pandemic."

But his words come amid an alarming nationwide surge of COVID-19. More than a million new cases were recorded last week alone, and California is currently sustaining its highest-ever counts for daily cases, surpassing 10,000 new daily cases four times in the last week and recording a single-day high of more than 5,000 new cases on Thursday.

Neither Meany, Brennan nor the chancellor of the Fresno Diocese responded to requests for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Have you been around them lately? Lock yourself in your house and don't let anyone in.
    No I have not. My sisters BIL has it though and she was with him Saturday. I saw my nephews today. FML I probably have it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

No I have not. My sisters BIL has it though and she was with him Saturday. I saw my nephews today. FML I probably have it.
    Hopefully you don't have it. Keep us updated.

Hopefully you don't have it. Keep us updated.
    Will do

Hope for the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/fresno-bishop...223049690.html

Hell No! Apparently this Catholic Bishop is an Anti-Vaxxer. I remember in the New York State Measles scare in 2019 I seen ones where the Rabbi who got bribed off by Del Bigtree targeted Orthodox Jews to not get vaccinated and caused a measles scare for political gain by Del Bigtree. We do not need Del Bigtree in US politics in 2021.
    So the Catholics aren't going to take the vaccine, and non-Catholics can take it...and then Catholics all get it and die. Well played Catholics...you'll show everyone with that logic.

So the Catholics aren't going to take the vaccine, and non-Catholics can take it...and then Catholics all get it and die. Well played Catholics...you'll show everyone with that logic.
    I'm Catholic and I am against Anti-Vaxxer politicians invading my religion.

I know I said it somewhere else at some point there is corruption between religious leaders and Anti-Vax/COVID Truther Politicians and thats already has killed 250k people and counting in the USA.

I'm Catholic and I am against Anti-Vaxxer politicians invading my religion.

That's my point. To me these Catholic 'leaders' are doing the Catholic people a huge disservice by saying all of this. They are going to cost the lives of some of their followers. It's funny to me that the Catholics were ok with Trump being treated with a medicine that was made from aborted cells, but they don't want their average parishioner to get a potentially life saving vaccine because it's made with aborted cells. That tells me a lot about their motives. As long as they can get political power they are ok with the aborted cells thing.

That's my point. To me these Catholic 'leaders' are doing the Catholic people a huge disservice by saying all of this. They are going to cost the lives of some of their followers. It's funny to me that the Catholics were ok with Trump being treated with a medicine that was made from aborted cells, but they don't want their average parishioner to get a potentially life saving vaccine because it's made with aborted cells. That tells me a lot about their motives. As long as they can get political power they are ok with the aborted cells thing.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...vaccine-fears/

Blame RFK Jr and Andrew Wakefield for sparking why we handle pandemics worse than other countries.

“This is a reflection of a whole lot of factors. People are not so confident in their health system,” Petousis-Harris said. “They have quite a culture of anti-vaccine sentiment there as well.”

Anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a nephew of President John F. Kennedy, visited the country in June, appearing next to officials at Samoan independence celebrations. His visit was “for a program that is not government-related,” an official in the prime minister’s department told Samoan news media at the time.

Kennedy has asserted that vaccines cause autism, a claim disproved by extensive research. Members of the Kennedy family have publicly criticized him for helping “spread dangerous misinformation.”

An Instagram photo shows Kennedy embracing the Australian Samoan anti-vaccine activist Taylor Winterstein in Samoa on June 4. “I am deeply honored to have been in the presence of a man I believe is, can and will change the course of history,” Winterstein wrote in the caption, adding hashtags #makinginformedchoices #investigatebeforeyouvaccinate.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8331866.html

Andrew Wakefield play the same tactic prior to this Catholic Bishop following the Anti-Vax Script

The section of the community most affected by the outbreak that eventually infected 79 people, the same as for the whole of the US in any average year, were Somali Americans. The vast majority were children under 10 who had not been vaccinated.

The state’s Somali Americans used to vaccinate their children more than other Minnesotans, but the rate fell, between 2004 and 2014, from 92 per cent to 40 per cent. Officials have linked this to visits paid to the community by anti-vaccine activist Andrew Wakefield and other campaigners, whose influence still reverberates.

“The biggest impact is connecting a condition that is one that challenges any parent who has a child with autism, and connecting that to immunisations, and specifically MMR,” Lynn Bahta, the immunisation clinical consultant with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDOH), told The Independent last summer as it fought to tackle the outbreak.

I understand why COVID-19 Truthers/anti-vaxxers exist, some of the arguments I was aware of was originally based of the general publics fears of doctors abusing people that lead to their deaths such as the the Opioid abuse crisis, cost of healthcare, Hela cells stolen from Henryetta Lacks and the Tuskegee airman syphilis experiment(torture). But when certain leaders like Del Bigtree, Andrew Wakefield, RFK Jr. and Donald Trump bribe politicians and religious leaders to spew conspiracy theories on COVID-19 Vaccines coming from abortions that's where I draw the line and say how many people are you willing to kill for political gain because of your rants. It's not about safety or ethics at this point it's all about telling people to drink the Kool-Aid because you said so. Also this is outright exploitation of people who were never MD's, PHD's in virology, immunology, Cell Biology and Physiology.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/nation...virus-worries/

As coronavirus cases surge globally, the COVID-19 deaths of two senior Serbian Orthodox Church clerics — one who died weeks after presiding over the funeral of the other — are raising questions about whether some religious institutions are doing enough to slow the spread of the virus.

More reports are emerging about people who attended religious services and contract the virus — some after parishioners seemed to ignore the pleas of church and health officials officials to wear masks, practice social distancing and other steps to combat the virus that’s killed nearly 1.4 million people worldwide.

In Belgrade, many mourners paying their respects Saturday to Serbian Orthodox Church Patriarch Irinej ignored precautions and some kissed the glass shield covering the patriarch’s body, despite warnings not to do so from Serbia’s epidemiologists.

That scene unfolded three weeks after the 90-year-old Irinej led prayers at the funeral of Bishop Amfilohije in nearby Montenegro, an event attended by thousands where many kissed the bishop’s remains in an open casket.

The highly publicized episodes happened as Serbia reported thousands of newly confirmed infections daily in the country of 7 million and as the government in recent days has tightened measures to hold off the virus. As the country’s health system strains to treat more and more people for the virus, some patients in Belgrade hospitals with less serious conditions are being transferred to hospitals elsewhere.

In the U.S., where the number of new daily cases climbed on Friday to within less than 5,000 of the once unfathomable 200,000 mark, infections were also reported at church gatherings.

In North Carolina, theCharlotte Observer reported that three more people who attended large events at the United House of Prayer for All People in Charlotte last month have died — bringing the total number of deaths linked to the church’s events to 12.

Public health contact tracers and other officials have connected more than 200 COVID-19 cases to the church’s events, including people who attended the events and those who came in contact with them, the newspaper reported.

And in Michigan, 61 pastors at Grand Rapids-area churches decided to stop holding in-person worship services, weddings and other big gatherings, largely in response to the pleas of the state’s health care workers, who have been overwhelmed by the surge in new cases

In Illinois, as the state tightened restrictions to combat an alarming surge in cases, the Archdiocese of Chicago announced that clergy and bereavement ministers won’t be required to attend graveside services if they are worried that more than 10 people could show up.

The troubling developments linked to church gatherings came as officials across the U.S. in cities and towns brace for an event synonymous with large gatherings: Thanksgiving Day.

Health officials are begging people not to travel for Thanksgiving and asking families to resist inviting anyone over to the house who does not already live there.

“Don’t let down your guard, even around close friends and relatives who aren’t members of your household,” Arizona’s health department said on Twitter.

In other coronavirus developments:

— Kansas prepared to launch a media campaign to encourage more people to wear masks, though some officials are skeptical that it will have much impact. Democratic Gov. Laura Kelly issued two mandates for people to wear masks in public, including one set to take effect Wednesday. But a June law allows the state’s 105 counties to opt out.

— Vermont, which has had among the lowest U.S. infection rates but is experiencing a surge, announced it will add more contract tracers and testing capacity. Officials that the state’s contact tracing staff of about 40 will increase by about 20. “The contract tracing team has been stressed as you might imagine at this point,” Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican, said at his virus briefing on Friday.

— Iran shuttered businesses and curtailed travel between its major cities, including the capital of Tehran, as it grapples with the worst outbreak of the coronavirus in the Mideast region. The Iranian Health Ministry said on Saturday that the death toll from the virus has surged past 44,000. The new restrictions include Iran’s major cities and will last two weeks but can be automatically extended.

— Turkey recorded its highest number of daily coronavirus patients on Saturday, according to the Health Ministry, as the country went into its first weekend curfew since June. The ministry said 5,532 new patients with symptoms were diagnosed, some 400 more than were recorded on the previous record day in April.

— Russia reported a new daily high in the number of coronavirus infections and deaths. The national coronavirus taskforce said 24,822 new cases were recorded over the past day, the fourth time in a week that a new high was tallied. It said a record 467 people died of COVID-19.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/nation...virus-worries/

n Belgrade, many mourners paying their respects Saturday to Serbian Orthodox Church Patriarch Irinej ignored precautions and some kissed the glass shield covering the patriarch’s body, despite warnings not to do so from Serbia’s epidemiologists.

That scene unfolded three weeks after the 90-year-old Irinej led prayers at the funeral of Bishop Amfilohije in nearby Montenegro, an event attended by thousands where many kissed the bishop’s remains in an open casket.
    OMG. No, no, no.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    OMG. No, no, no.
    Oh my.

I was ready for the vaccine, but I then remembered that not many Black people participated in the trials. We've never got over Tuskegee. I'm going to see how it goes for others. Then again, I doubt it will come to my small Kentucky town soon.

Antivaxxers annoy me. My son is autistic and I get pissed when someone in my autism group post how vaccines are the reason why we have autism. There were autistic slaves! They ignore that because it doesn't fit in with their perspective. I think that they're looking for someone to blame for their child not being perfect. Autism doesn't mean imperfect. They learn differently and sometimes a bit slower. That's it.

Ps he hasn't been diagnosed but I'm sure he has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Oh my.

I was ready for the vaccine, but I then remembered that not many Black people participated in the trials. We've never got over Tuskegee. I'm going to see how it goes for others. Then again, I doubt it will come to my small Kentucky town soon.

Antivaxxers annoy me. My son is autistic and I get pissed when someone in my autism group post how vaccines are the reason why we have autism. There were autistic slaves! They ignore that because it doesn't fit in with their perspective. I think that they're looking for someone to blame for their child not being perfect. Autism doesn't mean imperfect. They learn differently and sometimes a bit slower. That's it.

Ps he hasn't been diagnosed but I'm sure he has it.

Isn't small rural towns getting hit the hardest with COVID-19 and the fastest because these areas do not enforce COVID-19 rules like California do. Sorry to hear that COVID-19 truthers and Anti-Vaxxers have exploited your son though.

https://fox40.com/news/coronavirus/s...some-counties/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) ? The state has imposed a ?limited? stay-at-home order in counties under California?s purple, or widespread, reopening tier as the state experiences a spike in coronavirus cases, Governor Gavin Newsom said Thursday.

The order affects dozens of counties and will include a curfew between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. The curfew will begin Saturday, Nov. 21 at 10 p.m. and remain in place for one month.

Ninety-four percent of Californians, more than 37 million people, live in the 41 purple tier counties.

The curfew only applies to nonessential work and gatherings.

?This is the same as the March Stay at Home Order, but applied only between 10 PM and 5 AM and only in purple tier counties that are seeing the highest rates of positive cases and hospitalizations,? a statement from the governor?s office read.

?Even our everyday activities become higher risk,? California Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly said at Thursday?s news conference.

While nonessential businesses must close by 10 p.m., restaurants will be permitted to offer takeout and delivery food and people can do some routine activities like walking the dog, Ghaly said. They will still be able to get medical care, pick up prescriptions and take care of other essential needs.

Officials said overnight movements are more likely to involve social activities that bring increased risk of infection, particularly if people drink and let down their guard on precautions like wearing masks and staying a safe distance apart.

Hospitalizations are up nearly 64% in 14 days, while the positivity rate has jumped from less than 3% to a seven-day rate of 5.6%, Ghaly said. The state recorded 11,478 cases Thursday, ?widespread across the state,? he said, a figure that ?intensives our resolve to get it back under control.?

Most counties in the Sacramento area are in the purple tier, including Placer County, where Bonnie Gore is a county supervisor.

?It?s another nail in the coffin for our local small businesses. If they need to stay open on a Friday or Saturday night to get the after shopping crowd or folks who are coming home from a night shift to provide meals for those folks, they should have the freedom to do so,? Gore said.

She said she also agrees with the approach law enforcement has taken.

?We have been arguing about COVID for eight months. Our residents know how to take care of themselves and this is wrong, this is wrong,? Gore said.

Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones released a statement before the state?s announcement, saying his office would not enforce the order.

In response to much social uncertainty and numerous inquiries, I wanted to clarify the position of the Sacramento Sheriff?s Office relative to existing health orders, as well as any potential impending orders at the County or State level.

The Sacramento County Sheriff?s Office will not be determining?including entering any home or business?compliance with, or enforcing compliance of, any health or emergency orders related to curfews, staying at home, Thanksgiving or other social gatherings inside or outside the home, maximum occupancy, or mask mandates. Further, we will not dispatch officers for these purposes?callers will be advised to call 3-1-1 and be routed to County Health. Of course, if there is potential criminal behavior or the potential for impacts to public or personal safety we will continue to respond appropriately.

I would like to wish everyone a happy and meaningful Thanksgiving Holiday.
    Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones

The Sacramento Police Department, Placer County Sheriff?s Office, Roseville Police Department, Sutter County Sheriff?s Office and others also said they will be taking an educational stance and will not criminally enforce the curfew.

Like other agencies, the California Highway Patrol said their mission remains ?unchanged.?

?CHP officers will continue to patrol throughout California and use their sound professional judgment to conduct enforcement stops for violations of the law based upon probable cause,? said CHP Commissioner Amanda Ray.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Isn't small rural towns getting hit the hardest with COVID-19 and the fastest because these areas do not enforce COVID-19 rules like California do. Sorry to hear that COVID-19 truthers and Anti-Vaxxers have exploited your son though.
    I'm not sure what you mean by exploited. My town is being hit hard, but I'm from Chicago. I lost my step father today, a friend yesterday, and my aunt lost 3 childhood friends. All within the past 72 hours. I know 6 people that have died and know of many more. I lost 2 cousins within 3 weeks. A childhood friend on her way to the hospital. This is devastating and I'm not sure how this country can recover, unless we shut completely down. I've never seen anything like this in my life. Not even during the 80s and 90s with AIDS. Please be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by exploited. My town is being hit hard, but I'm from Chicago. I lost my step father today, a friend yesterday, and my aunt lost 3 childhood friends. All within the past 72 hours. I know 6 people that have died and know of many more. I lost 2 cousins within 3 weeks. A childhood friend on her way to the hospital. This is devastating and I'm not sure how this country can recover, unless we shut completely down. I've never seen anything like this in my life. Not even during the 80s and 90s with AIDS. Please be safe.
    I'm so sorry for your losses Queena. I lost a friend back in the summer, and it really opened my eyes. I was always careful and followed the rules before then (mask, stay at home if possible, social distancing) but after he died it really hit home. I don't understand the people that deny it or that flaunt the rules. I read a story the other day about a nurse up in the midwest that talked about patients who were dying that were still denying that it existed-they kept saying it had to be pneumonia or lung cancer because COVID didn't exist. She said they were really angry because they couldn't believe that their denial and politics had cost them their lives. I cannot understand how people nowadays can be like that...its like the Dark Ages again.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/ma...-with-assault/

What a male Karen!

A man seen forcefully exhaling on two women outside President Donald Trump’s Virginia golf course has been charged with assault.

Raymond Deskins, 61, was charged with misdemeanor assault after a private citizen obtained a warrant through a county magistrate, the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office said Sunday. Deskin did not immediately return a request for comment.

Video widely shared on social media shows Deskins blowing air on two unidentified women after one of them asks him to get away and points out that he’s not wearing a mask.

“That’s assault” one of the women said afterwards.

“I breathed on you,” Deskins replied.

Virginia mandates masks be worn in certain locations to stop the spread of the coronavirus, but they are not required to be worn outside.

The altercation happened Saturday outside Trump National Golf Club, where the president was playing. Protestors and supporters regularly gather outside the club’s entrance when he plays.

Deskin was wearing a Trump shirt and an inflatable pool tube with Trump’s likeness on it around his waist.

Several members of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors sent a letter to law enforcement authorities Sunday asking for a full investigation. The letter said the two women had been protesting the president outside the golf club.

The sheriff’s office said the altercation was investigated at the scene but was not witnessed by law enforcement and the video did not capture its entirety. The sheriff’s office said it advised the two parties who said they’d been assaulted that they could seek a warrant through a county magistrate.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/ne...han-10-people/

Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak announced plans Sunday to tighten restrictions on casinos, restaurants and private gatherings such as Thanksgiving dinner in an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

The new restrictions, which are scheduled to go into effect on Tuesday, come amid an unprecedented surge that has broken records in the state in terms of cases, deaths and infection rates throughout November.

The virus has surged throughout the United States and prompted governors to issue a patchwork of area-specific restrictions. California has curfew order in effect in the majority of its counties and, earlier Sunday, Los Angeles County suspended outdoor dining.

Sisolak, who has avoided tightening mandates throughout the fall due to the havoc they could wreak on Nevada’s tourism-based economy, said the trends led to an “inescapable conclusion.”

“We are on a rapid trajectory that threatens to overwhelm our health care system, our frontline health workers, and your access to care. So it’s time to act,” said Sisolak, who recently contracted COVID-19.

The new restrictions reduce the capacity limits for high-risk areas including restaurants, bars, gyms, places of worship and casinos.

They will also be applied to public and private gatherings, which case investigators have identified as a major source of spread in Nevada. That includes on Thanksgiving, when home celebrations will be limited to no more than 10 people, from no more than two households.

Despite the restrictions, Sisolak said he had no intention of becoming “the mask police.”

Most businesses have operated at 50% since summer and the new restrictions reduce capacity limits to 25% or 50 people, whichever is less.

That means large venues that normally accept thousands can only accept 50 people, while smaller restaurants and bars that normally accommodate fewer than 200 people will only be allowed to accept 25% of their total capacity.

Sisolak took efforts not to frame the restrictions as any sort of shutdown and, instead, called them a “statewide pause.”

During the pause, Nevada will also tighten its mask mandate, requiring all gym-goers and people who attend private gatherings to wear masks at all times when not eating.

Sisolak said the new restrictions would tentatively be in effect for three weeks, at which time he planned to evaluate whether to tighten them further or relax them. Without improvement, he said Nevada could close restaurants for indoor dining, close gyms or implement further limits on gatherings.

Health officials reported 2,155 confirmed cases on Sunday, increasing the statewide total to 133,888 since the onset of the pandemic. They also reported six additional deaths, bringing the known death toll to 2,017.

In Nevada, 10% of all confirmed coronavirus cases have been reported in the last seven days and hospitals have filled to the point that one in Reno is setting up additional beds in an adjacent parking garage.

Sisolak said every decision put before him had potentially negative effects on the economy, trajectory of the virus and schools. And Nevada’s heavy reliance on the tourism and hospitality industry only compounded the difficulty, he said.

“Let’s be honest, our casinos, hotels, restaurants and bars are open with strict restrictions so that we can protect the economy,” he said.

With vaccines on the horizon, Sisolak said he hoped Nevada could get the surge under control to avoid further closures.

“There is a light at the end of this tunnel, and we are getting closer. But we don’t have a vaccine yet,” he said.

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/corona...irthday-party/

ARLINGTON, Texas (KXAN) — Alexa Aragonez tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that her family discussed COVID-19 concerns before a recent party and decided they’d been careful enough.

While the 26-year-old didn’t attend, she dropped off her 57-year-old mom at the birthday party, which included 11 other guests, including one pregnant cousin and four children.

San Diego County reports 1,478 new COVID-19 cases, 6 deaths
    A few days later, Alexa’s mom Enriqueta began feeling sick, took a test and tested positive for coronavirus. Eventually, all 12 party guests tested positive.

Enriqueta’s case was most severe: she spent one week and a day in the hospital. The other family members experienced mild symptoms, though some of the children developed strong coughs.

“It’s scary to think that what if my entire family would have had the severe case and every single one of those 15 folks had to go to the hospital,” Alexa told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “One, I would feel guilty for taking resources from people that really do need it, and two, I would be at risk of losing my entire family.”

Alexa tested negative, but three more people — who were not at the party — were also infected due to guests who were.

She says her family didn’t believe gathering with family was high-risk and that they’d all grown tired of not seeing each other as regularly as they normally do.

Inside California’s curfew and enforcement decision
    Now, the family wants to get the message out to others: even if your family gatherings feel safe, it doesn’t mean they are. They’ve appeared in a video for the City of Arlington, expressing their regret for not listening to safety recommendations.

“Now I’m in the hospital,” Enriqueta says sadly. “And I can’t see my family.”

Alexa ends the video by urging residents: “Please, don’t be like my family and ignore the CDC guidelines. By staying apart, we can fight this virus together. The cure starts and ends with you.”

This is what I don't want to happen to me this Thanksgiving.
    My husband has a large family and he plans to go over to his aunt's house (that usually hosts the big family gatherings) to see family and show off our son.
    I think my husband plans to not go inside and stay outside, but still. I don't want people coming up close to my child and trying to touch him.
    I think my husband knows people are going to try to touch him, because he said that we'd put gloves on him.
    If I'm forced to go over there. I'm going to wear a mask.
    My husband keeps saying that the mask only prevents you from spreading the coronavirus if you have it.
    I don't care. I believe it helps lessen the chance of you catching it if you're around someone that has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information