Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

My sister cancelled her baby shower next weekend. Probably for the best. Sucks I can't see my family, but good that I'll have 5 days off from work and can forget about this shit for a little bit.

This is getting insane. The mayor here put in a 'stay at home' ordinance. Of course, no one is staying home. I'm just waiting to catch it from work one day. People are gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    My sister cancelled her baby shower next weekend. Probably for the best. Sucks I can't see my family, but good that I'll have 5 days off from work and can forget about this shit for a little bit.

This is getting insane. The mayor here put in a 'stay at home' ordinance. Of course, no one is staying home. I'm just waiting to catch it from work one day. People are gross.
    Sucks that you can't see your family, but I was worried when you mentioned getting together for a baby shower. Is your sister worried in general? I have a friend that is due in about 6 weeks and she doesn't seem the least bit worried. I would be afraid to go into a hospital for another reason right now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...covid-n1168981

Trump's Bible teacher says gays among those to blame for COVID-19

In a blog post titled “Is God Judging America Today?” a pastor who leads a weekly bible study group for President Donald Trump and members of his Cabinet blamed the coronavirus pandemic on several groups, including those who have “a proclivity toward lesbianism and homosexuality.”

America “is experiencing the consequential wrath of God,” the Rev. Ralph Drollinger wrote on his Capitol Ministries blog on March 21.

In addition to gays and lesbians, Drollinger — a former professional basketball player who The New York Times recently referred to as Trump’s “shadow diplomat” — also laid blame on people with “depraved minds,” environmentalists and those who deny the existence of God.

Alphonso David, president of the national LGBTQ advocacy group Human Rights Campaign, said “Drollinger’s horrific assertions are ludicrous” and said his “shameful views cannot be ignored.”

“LGBTQ people around the country and around the world are struggling to cope with this global pandemic. They are worried about their health, their livelihoods, and their families,” he wrote in a statement shared with NBC News. “At a moment where we need to pull together by recognizing our shared humanity and mutual dependence, there are some of low moral character who see it as an opportunity to continue to try to divide us.”

This is not the first time Drollinger has made offensive remarks about LGBTQ people. In just the past two years, Drollinger has written multiple blog posts about the dangers of homosexuality. In a 2018 post, “Understanding the Book of Leviticus Today,” for example, he compared same-sex relationships to a woman who “loves her cat” and predicted the embrace of gay marriage would be akin to choosing “a path toward extinction.”

Drollinger has been giving Wednesday morning Bible lessons since early in the Trump presidency. The group’s attendees, according to The Intercept, which was the first to report on Drollinger’s coronavirus remarks, include Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, House and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and Health Secretary Alex Azar, a member of the White House’s coronavirus task force.

We haven't had any confirmed cases in our part of the state until yesterday. A healthcare worker who works at a cancer center was diagnosed. She exposed two doctors, 10 other clinic workers and more than 100 cancer patients. I'm horrified at what might come of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Hoping she recovers and is okay.

Things are getting scary in NYC and I think that L.A. is not far behind.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That's scary, Tup! Glad she's doing ok! So no one else in the family got sick? Did any of the other group of friends get sick?
    So far, no one else is sick. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law were hanging out in her tiny apartment while she was quarantined and waiting for her test results, which is ridiculous. They should've been dropping off her groceries and leaving instead of hanging around. They were like, "Well, she was staying in her bedroom, and we stayed in the kitchen." Fortunately they hardly ever go anywhere, but still ... foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    scary times. Hope she continues to do well.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sucks that you can't see your family, but I was worried when you mentioned getting together for a baby shower. Is your sister worried in general? I have a friend that is due in about 6 weeks and she doesn't seem the least bit worried. I would be afraid to go into a hospital for another reason right now.
    She's a little worried. She works at a grocery store (we actually work for the same company), constant interaction with people, so it's a little scary. I'll hopefully go there in June around when she's due, hopefully things will be almost normal by then.

A girl that works in my department got sent home yesterday for having a fever. As far as I know, she doesn't plan on getting tested for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...id=mailsignout

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus and is self-isolating at his Downing Street residence but said he would still lead the government's response to the accelerating outbreak.

Johnson, 55, experienced mild symptoms on Thursday, a day after he answered questions at the prime minister's weekly question-and-answer session in parliament's House of Commons chamber. He received the positive test result at around midnight.

"I've taken a test. That has come out positive," Johnson said on Friday in a video statement broadcast on Twitter. "I've developed mild symptoms of the coronavirus. That's to say - a temperature and a persistent cough.

"Be in no doubt that I can continue, thanks to the wizardry of modern technology, to communicate with all my top team to lead the national fightback against coronavirus."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fo...id=mailsignout

Four elderly passengers on board Holland America's MS Zaandam have died on the cruise ship that is stuck in limbo during the coronavirus pandemic.

The ship is currently carrying 138 people who have complained of flu-like symptoms, which are similar to coronavirus symptoms. Two people have tested positive for coronavirus.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with their families and we are doing everything we can to support them during this difficult time," Holland America Line said of the four who had died of undisclosed causes in a statement shared by spokesperson Erik Elvejord.

Elvejord added that Holland America Line is not at liberty to share whether those passengers had reported coronavirus symptoms due to privacy regulations.

Those sick include 53 passengers and 85 crew members. There are 1,243 passengers and 586 crew members on the ship, including 305 Americans.

The ship did not have coronavirus tests available on board until Thursday evening when it rendezvoused with Holland America's MS Rotterdam for additional supplies and medical personnel.

Junior Member InsecureAttachment's Avatar
    I was a Peace Corps volunteer who was evacuated from my country due to the pandemic. My cohort of 30+ people were all sent out on international flights through Asia (1 in Europe) with a little bottle of hand sanitizer and instructions to "just try not to touch anything". We had been in one of the the few countries untouched by COVID-19 up until a few days ago, when they identified their first 2 cases :/

A baby died today from this chinese virus, they said babies were safe, shit sucks! This shit is crazy.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureAttachment View Post
    I was a Peace Corps volunteer who was evacuated from my country due to the pandemic. My cohort of 30+ people were all sent out on international flights through Asia (1 in Europe) with a little bottle of hand sanitizer and instructions to "just try not to touch anything". We had been in one of the the few countries untouched by COVID-19 up until a few days ago, when they identified their first 2 cases :/
    Please stay safe. Follow the lead of other countries and lock down now. Since the count is so low where you are, you guys can likely all but rid yourselves of it in about 3 weeks. That's depending on if your country is still allowing travel. Thank you for coming and joining us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Junior Member InsecureAttachment's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Please stay safe. Follow the lead of other countries and lock down now. Since the count is so low where you are, you guys can likely all but rid yourselves of it in about 3 weeks. That's depending on if your country is still allowing travel. Thank you for coming and joining us!
    I was in Myanmar, but Peace Corps required all volunteers across the globe to evacuate unfortunately. It looks like my host country is working hard to make sure it stays under control, which I am so grateful for. An outbreak in country would likely be devastating and take a long time to recover, due to the infrastructure of their health system and availability of resources. They were taking some measures prior to the two individuals who entered the country with COVID-19, which was nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by InsecureAttachment View Post
    I was in Myanmar, but Peace Corps required all volunteers across the globe to evacuate unfortunately. It looks like my host country is working hard to make sure it stays under control, which I am so grateful for. An outbreak in country would likely be devastating and take a long time to recover, due to the infrastructure of their health system and availability of resources. They were taking some measures prior to the two individuals who entered the country with COVID-19, which was nice to see.
    I'm happy to hear that.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ic-ncna1170406

Jerry Falwell Jr. is nothing if not loyal to President Donald Trump.

This past week, a few thousand students and professors returned to Liberty University’s main campus in Virginia despite the widening coronavirus pandemic. Even though many of the classes will be held online, students have been invited to come back to their residential halls and the faculty has been told to report to work on campus.

Falwell, who is the president of the conservative Christian school, defended his decision by insisting that "99 percent of [students] are not at the age to be at risk and they don't have conditions that put them at risk."

Falwell defended his decision by insisting that "99 percent of [students] are not at the age to be at risk and they don't have conditions that put them at risk." That is factually untrue.

That, of course, is factually untrue: young people are not immune. Indeed, last week the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said more than a third of U.S. patients ill enough to be hospitalized were ages 20 to 54. And of course, even young people who do not become seriously sick can pass the disease to others.

But the science isn’t the point. The public show of loyalty is, and there are few supporters who are more fervently and reflexively loyal to Trump than Falwell. It is a revealing and dangerous moment: What could have been an opportunity for national unity has instead become an occasion to open new political schisms and deepen old ones. Decisions that would normally be made on the basis on apolitical scientific fact are increasingly driven by tribal loyalties.

None of this is strictly new, because much of Trump’s base has cultivated a contempt for expertise, combined with a disdain for the media and the warnings of the scientific community. But this time, our political divisions could be deadly.
    Trump’s evangelical support scrutinized after Falwell, Jr. expos?
    Sept. 14, 201909:44

Earlier this month, Falwell appeared on "Fox & Friends" to suggest that the coronavirus was a plot designed to hurt Trump and floated the notion that it might actually be a Chinese or North Korean bioweapon attack.

At the same time (and somewhat contradictorily), he accused the media of overhyping the threat.

“And it makes you wonder if there’s a political reason for that,” said. “It’s, you know, impeachment didn’t work and the Mueller report didn’t work and Article 25 [sic] didn’t work, and so maybe now this is their next attempt to get Trump.”

Here’s Jerry Falwell Jr on Fox & Friends this morning pushing the bonkers conspiracy theory that the coronavirus is the result of a plot devised by Kim Jong Un and the Chinese. No pushback from hosts. pic.twitter.com/JvFMe2UpeV
    — Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) March 13, 2020

Trump’s attitude on the pandemic — and especially the need for quarantines — has swung wildly from downplaying it to taking it seriously and back to downplaying it. Most recently, he has pivoted again to suggest that it’s time to restart the economy as early as Easter Sunday.

And Falwell has shifted right along with him, providing a preview of what may be in store for us.

Some Republicans, at least, seem to grasp the stakes. Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney warned: "There will be no normally functioning economy if our hospitals are overwhelmed and thousands of Americans of all ages, including our doctors and nurses, lay dying because we have failed to do what’s necessary to stop the virus.”

There will be no normally functioning economy if our hospitals are overwhelmed and thousands of Americans of all ages, including our doctors and nurses, lay dying because we have failed to do what’s necessary to stop the virus. https://t.co/AchwfXtuLi
    — Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) March 24, 2020

But polls suggest that there is already a deep partisan division over how seriously we should take the coronavirus outbreak and that divide could widen if Trump signals a retreat from the restrictions that have kept most of us (hopefully safe) at home.

While the president cannot unilaterally restart the economy (many of the orders to shelter in place were issued by state and local governments), he can send a powerful signal. And, like Falwell, many on the right will take their cue from the president.

Within weeks, any semblance of a unified front against the disease could be shattered as “social distancing” is seen as virtue signaling for the left, while defiance of the bans becomes a political and cultural statement for the right. As the Atlantic’s McKay Coppins notes, social distancing will soon “be treated by many primarily as a political act — a way of signaling which ‘side’ you’re on.”

Some of this is already happening, obviously, but it seems like very soon, social distancing is going to be treated by many primarily as a political act—a way of signaling which "side" you're on.
    — McKay Coppins (@mckaycoppins) March 23, 2020

One side will be accused of wanting to destroy the nation’s economy, the other of trying to murder millions of grandmas. And caught in the middle will be the medical experts and professionals who will be forced to cope with the fallout.

Meanwhile, the virus will spread and the infection and death toll will rise.

The Trumpworld’s response will be a predictable combination of denial, blame and cultism.

What the fuck? Those people are terminally stupid. If I'm a leftist because I practice social distancing and isolation, then I'm leftist who believes in science. Am I supposed to feel bad for those idiots when they get it? Then I have to worry about me and my family getting it, because of idiots like that? Fuck them.

I've been reading about this virus pretty thoroughly, and though I'm not a doctor, I have some opinions: most viruses come in 2 phases, and I believe the first phase came in January with patient zero in Washington, D.C. A lot of people had a lot of the symptoms of the virus, but they were mild enough that they didn't need to be hospitalized.

We are now in phase 2 that started in March, and should peak in mid April. This phase is strong and deadly. Hopefully by May things will be back to normal.

But with idiots like the ones in the above article, it may last longer because people are being irresponsible.

Has anyone heard about these "corona parties" teenagers are having? They find an infected person and have a party with them. That's beyond exceptional and downright fucking retarded (and I don't like to use that word).

ETA: the virus doesn't care what political party you are in, it will fuck you up regardless.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 03-29-2020 at 10:58 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    What the fuck? Those people are terminally stupid. If I'm a leftist because I practice social distancing and isolation, then I'm leftist who believes in science. Am I supposed to feel bad for those idiots when they get it? Then I have to worry about me and my family getting it, because of idiots like that? Fuck them.

I've been reading about this virus pretty thoroughly, and though I'm not a doctor, I have some opinions: most viruses come in 2 phases, and I believe the first phase came in January with patient zero in Washington, D.C. A lot of people had a lot of the symptoms of the virus, but they were mild enough that they didn't need to be hospitalized.

We are now in phase 2 that started in March, and should peak in mid April. This phase is strong and deadly. Hopefully by May things will be back to normal.

But with idiots like the ones in the above article, it may last longer because people are being irresponsible.

Has anyone heard about these "corona parties" teenagers are having? They find an infected person and have a party with them. That's beyond exceptional and downright fucking retarded (and I don't like to use that word).

ETA: the virus doesn't care what political party you are in, it will fuck you up regardless.
    Trump wants to call it the Chinese virus, but he wants to put his stamp on everything here (delaying checks so HIS signature was on them, holding up respirators to states where he feel the Governors haven't kissed his ass enough, making all the predictions about when it will abate even though he has no clue)..maybe we should call it the Trump virus.

I love how Trump and his followers politicized it when it first came out, BY SAYING THAT THE LEFT POLITICIZED IT BY MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT TO ATTACK HIM, and then when it truly became as serious as the scientists and educated people were warning, he and his ass-lickers tried to say that he knew it was a big deal all along and pretended it was a hoax to avoid panic (and not give people more time to prepare, which in turn caused more panic). It's like watching a tennis match with your head going back and forth, trying to keep up with each new story.

How doctors and scientists came to be viewed as 'leftist elites just attacking the President' when they gave medical advice and facts, I will never understand. It's like the pool people in TN and KY clamoring to cut off the ACA and food stamps WHILE THEY ARE ON IT! The virus doesn't care if you are religious, left, right, middle, black, white, brown, purple or anything. People making it a racist thing are downright ignorant, and they think they are cute and clever, but it shows how stupid and small minded they are. It's going to kill a large amount of people, and it's decimating our economy, but to back off of our efforts now (after so much hurt, but before reaching a point of either a vaccine/treatment/enough equipment and people to treat large parts of the population) doesn't make a lot of sense. If we are going to do that, then we never should have done anything in the first place.

I hadn't heard that the parties involved getting around a person who was diagnosed, just that they were partying in defiance of the lockdown orders, and feeling pretty immune to getting it...and then that several of them are now positive. However nothing would surprise me.

I do think we should make the people who have chosen not to get other vaccines be the last to get this vaccine once they get it made. Let them live their nonsense.

I normally couldn't give two shits what the stupid people do, but their behavior directly puts me in danger of 1. DYING and 2. Becoming homeless.

That's my issue.
    Oh well, back to gum.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/polit...nce/index.html

Trump extends federal social distancing guidelines to April 30

President Donald Trump said Sunday he would extend nationwide social distancing guidelines for another 30 days, an abrupt back-down from his push to reopen the country as coronavirus continues to spread.

The 15-day guidelines Trump announced two weeks ago were set to expire on Monday, and the President had suggested over the past week that he was looking to relax them, at least in some parts of the country. He even floated Easter, on April 12, as a potential date by which the country could return to normal.

But on Sunday he said he'd decided to extend the guidelines -- which include suggested limits on large gatherings -- to April 30, a sign his earlier predictions were overly rosy.
    "The better you do, the faster this whole nightmare will end," the President said Sunday at a White House news conference. He said he would be finalizing a new plan and strategy early this week and announcing the details on Tuesday.

The announcement marked an abrupt turnaround from a week ago when Trump said he was convinced the distancing restrictions were causing irreparable damage to the economy.

Even as his health advisers warned of dire consequences if Americans were allowed to return to large gatherings or crowded workplaces, Trump appeared intent on allowing a return to normal life.

On Sunday, however, Trump seemed to acknowledge that the spread of the virus had not slowed, at least not yet. He said that modeling shows that the peak of the death rate will likely hit in two weeks, but stressed that he hopes the country will be on its way to recovery by June 1.

"We can expect that by June 1st, we will be well on our way to recovery, we think by June 1st. A lot of great things will be happening," he said.
    Trump reiterated his intent to return life to normal.

"I want our life back again," he said.

The White House's social distancing guidance advises all Americans to avoid groups of more than 10 and urges older people to stay at home.

Over the past week, various options had been discussed among Trump's advisers on possible alternatives -- including allowing some states to return to normal more quickly -- to the current guidelines.

But persistent problems in testing have prevented the full picture of the virus's spread from becoming known, leaving officials without a clear idea of which states were faring better than others.

The scale of the outbreak was given stark urgency Sunday by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top infectious disease specialist, who predicted on CNN that more than 100,000 Americans could eventually die from coronavirus with millions more infected.

Trump suggested during his briefing that he didn't believe the larger numbers Fauci had mentioned earlier in the day, and called him to the podium.
    But Fauci only reiterated the figures he cited earlier.

He said it's "entirely conceivable" that more than a million people in the US could contract coronavirus, but added that mitigation and extending the distancing guidelines through April will hopefully curb those numbers.

Fauci was among the health advisers on Trump's team encouraging a continuation of the current guidelines after Trump heard from business leaders and some conservative allies that the restrictions were more damaging than the virus itself.

Over the course of the past week, however, Trump appeared more wary of lifting the guidelines he had announced himself and which had been branded "President Trump's 15 Days to Slow the Spread."

He said on Friday that his priority in dealing with the virus was Americans' health, not the economy.

And he suggested he was aware that most health professionals would not advise a full-scale return to life as normal.

Questioned Sunday about the Easter date he floated earlier in the week, Trump said it was merely "aspirational."

Can the governor override the opening of that Liberty University?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Can the governor override the opening of that Liberty University?
    I think the religious organizations are saying it violates the 1st Amendment to tell them anything.

I read something a little while ago that says they already think they have 8 cases at Liberty University. I guess they weren't as special and protected in god's eyes as they thought they were. Now they have exposed all these people and risked all these people's lives...for what???

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21H0Q2
    much more at link.
    Five days of worship that set a virus time bomb in France
    Tangi Sala?n

13 Min Read

PARIS (Reuters) - From the stage of an evangelical superchurch, the leader of the gospel choir kicked off an evening of prayer and preaching: ?We?re going to celebrate the Lord! Are you feeling the joy tonight??
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

All news aside , I just wanted to check in and see how all of my MDS friends were doing with this. I know it's a stressful time for everyone, and we should make sure we're staying in touch and checking in on each other. I'm always around if anyone needs to chat or vent.
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    All news aside , I just wanted to check in and see how all of my MDS friends were doing with this. I know it's a stressful time for everyone, and we should make sure we're staying in touch and checking in on each other. I'm always around if anyone needs to chat or vent.
    My routine hasn't changed much except for can't go anywhere on my off time. I still have to go in to work every day, which means trips to the gas station (a little scary for me) and only occasional trips to the store for things I need.

How is everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    My routine hasn't changed much except for can't go anywhere on my off time. I still have to go in to work every day, which means trips to the gas station (a little scary for me) and only occasional trips to the store for things I need.

How is everyone else?
    Same. I work in tech, so I am completely set up to work remotely. Normally i work from home 3/5 days of the week so it's not really a big deal for me.

However, I'm getting restless because I need to get out of this house. I'm gonna brave the badlands and head to Rite Aid on my break today in about an hour. I need stuff.
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Things are good here, no issues no worries. Hope you're good too and hope you're stress free.

Thread Information