Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

Besides, I have important things to worry about. Did you hear my neighbor stole my garbage can? Didja? Huh, didja?
    You should have called "solid waste enforcement." Seriously, it's a thing here. Within the last 10 years or so the city garbage dept (sorry, Solid Waste Division) switch to an automated pickup system where you are issued one of several standard sized containers. All your trash, not including yard waste must fit in your standard can. If you have too much you will be billed extra, too little and you can ask for a smaller can (with smaller bill). Fine. So my friend all of a sudden started getting billed for overfilling her can, which she was not. Shortly before this started, she had been considering requesting the small can because she seldom more than half filled her can. So she had her housebound son start watching the can on garbage day and sure enough, her scummy neighbors were sneaking over after she left for work and adding trash to her can and to several other cans in the neighborhood. Well! So she called SWE and asked what they could do about this. Next week a man showed up just ahead of the garbage truck and inspected all the cans in the neighborhood. Apparently found bills, junk mail etc., belonging to scummy neighbors in many of the cans. That very day, SN got a new very large (the biggest residential sized can) delivered to their house along with a corresponding increased bill. The Garbage inspector called my friend and thanked her for her assistance as garbage scoff laws are taken seriously.
    Last edited by puzzld; 03-01-2020 at 06:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information