Page 10 of 89 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm going to look in to this. We're a General Partnership and the last time I checked only sole proprietors were eligible. Maybe that's changed now though.

ETA: I do know that the Husband doesn't qualify since he's not a citizen and I have a signed affidavit of support from the immigration process. I'm wondering if that will come in to play since he's an equal partner. I hope not.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 03-31-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm going to look in to this. We're a General Partnership and the last time I checked only sole proprietors were eligible. Maybe that's changed now though.

ETA: I do know that the Husband doesn't qualify since he's not a citizen and I have a signed affidavit of support from the immigration process. I'm wondering if that will come in to play since he's an equal partner. I hope not.
    Well it won't hurt to file. Hopefully pencilwhip you right on through!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    https://www.askamanager.org/2020/03/...efits-law.html
    On Friday, major new unemployment benefits were signed into law ? and they significantly expand who can collect unemployment, for how long, and how much you?ll receive.

Here are the highlights of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act:

? From now until July 31, everyone collecting unemployment will receive their regular state benefit, plus an additional $600 per week from the federal government.

? Once your state unemployment benefits run out (in most states that?s after 26 weeks), you?ll be able to get an additional 13 weeks of benefits on top of those.

? Between now and December 31, many people will be eligible to collect unemployment who usually aren?t: independent contractors, freelancers, gig workers, and other self-employed people, plus part-time workers and people who don?t have a long-enough work history to otherwise qualify. (This is only if you are unemployed because of the outbreak or unable to work because of it.)

Answers to some questions I?m hearing a lot:

What if I had accepted a new job but hadn?t started it yet and now the new job has fallen through because of this crisis?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment, assuming you?re not still working at your previous job. Go ahead and file.

What if I started a new job but quickly got laid off because of the crisis, and I don?t have much work history before this?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment, even if your work history wouldn?t normally be enough to qualify you. Go ahead and file.

What if I?m a recent grad who hasn?t started working yet (or someone else new to the workforce), had been looking for a job, but hadn?t found one yet?
    You will not be eligible, unless you have a prior, recent work history.

What if I?m self-employed and my business isn?t bringing in money right now because of the crisis?
    Freelancers, independent contractors, gig workers, and the self-employed will be eligible for unemployment though a new program called Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. (Your unemployment must be related to the coronavirus outbreak.) Go ahead and file.

What if I recently ran out of unemployment? Will I be eligible for the extension?
    As best as I can tell, you will be eligible for the additional 13 weeks of extended benefits and the extra $600/week, but you?ll probably have to file again.

What if I?m not working because I have coronavirus or need to care for a family member who does?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment if you?re not working because you?re experiencing symptoms, have been advised by a health care provider to quarantine, or have received a diagnosis, or if you?re caring for a family member who has. Go ahead and file.

What if I?m unable to work because my child?s school or day care is closed because of the outbreak?
    You?ll be eligible for unemployment. Go ahead and file.

What if I quit my job because of something related to coronavirus?
    It depends on the specifics. If you quit because of one of the situations above (your child?s school closed and you need to care for them at home, or your doctor recommended you quarantine), you?ll be eligible for unemployment. But if you quit because you worried about the safety of continuing to work and your employer insisted on staying open, it doesn?t look like you?d be eligible.
    Thats good info. I'm going to help my daughter file for unemployment, hopefully there wont be a problem bcz she's still in high school.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well it won't hurt to file. Hopefully pencilwhip you right on through!
    Very true. Can't hurt to file.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Save for the last 3 days, I've been working in the hospital. I woke up one morning coughing my fool head off...so badly that I almost blacked out, so I had to call in. They were like "yeah, ummmm...go to the doctor and come back next week.

It was nice to have a few days off, but my doc and I both agree it's just an allergy exacerbation, albeit the worst one I've ever had. What a fucking time to have allergies where you cough like you're going to die of TB.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Save for the last 3 days, I've been working in the hospital. I woke up one morning coughing my fool head off...so badly that I almost blacked out, so I had to call in. They were like "yeah, ummmm...go to the doctor and come back next week.

It was nice to have a few days off, but my doc and I both agree it's just an allergy exacerbation, albeit the worst one I've ever had. What a fucking time to have allergies where you cough like you're going to die of TB.
    TB was no fun. I went to Istanbul Turkey for a week and came back with TB. What a long ass process....was on meds for over a year but it did eventually go away. Having to deal with the CDC was no fun either. Sucked!

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post

Feel better! I am going out of my mind with allergies this past week.

My dad was just taken to the hospital (not virus related, we think kidney infection). He just had surgery not that long ago and hasn't been doing well since. So looks like I am headed there, wish me luck. I did call ahead and they said since he isn't showing symptoms of coronavirus, I am able to go see him (just 1 visitor at a time).

Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

My husband started to not feel good. he feels like he has a fever and is coughing. so far the thermometer says hes fine so idk. scary shit.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    My husband started to not feel good. he feels like he has a fever and is coughing. so far the thermometer says hes fine so idk. scary shit.
    Could it be his mentals playn tricks on him? Thats whats happening to me.....Monday cough. Tuesday runny nose. Wednesday fever. Last night lung discomfort. But theres nothing wrong with me, its my mentals. Hope its just his mentals too.

:( oh no. Keep a close eye on him. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Could it be his mentals playn tricks on him? Thats whats happening to me.....Monday cough. Tuesday runny nose. Wednesday fever. Last night lung discomfort. But theres nothing wrong with me, its my mentals. Hope its just his mentals too.
    yeah im not ruling out a man cold. hes always dramatic about those.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

yeah im not ruling out a man cold. hes always dramatic about those.
    All of my shit is def in my head, except the lung discomfort.....I always have that. If he does have a cold hope he feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Here's hoping it's just a man cold!

Well, we're finally on lock down here.
    Youre on lock down? Real lock down?

Youre on lock down? Real lock down?
    Whatever you want to call it. We've had no real restrictions up until now in my county in Florida. Now DeSantis has issued a statewide stay at home order starting tomorrow night. Kind of like most of you guys already have, but Florida has been playing fast and loose with things until now.

It doesn't affect us a whole bunch. I work from home when I am working (not now) and my husband is an essential worker, so he can come and go for his work. Our only issue is that we are renovating our vacant rent house, so I guess no more trips to get supplies from Home Depot or Lowes. We are stocked up on food and such, and are still allowed out to get food anyway.

All of my shit is def in my head, except the lung discomfort.....I always have that. If he does have a cold hope he feels better.
    What's up with your lungs?

I keep thinking I am running a fever, but the thermometer says otherwise, so I guess it's all in my head too. My allergies are also driving me crazy, and my acid reflux makes me cough. Good times!

Whatever you want to call it. We've had no real restrictions up until now in my county in Florida. Now DeSantis has issued a statewide stay at home order starting tomorrow night. Kind of like most of you guys already have, but Florida has been playing fast and loose with things until now.

It doesn't affect us a whole bunch. I work from home when I am working (not now) and my husband is an essential worker, so he can come and go for his work. Our only issue is that we are renovating our vacant rent house, so I guess no more trips to get supplies from Home Depot or Lowes. We are stocked up on food and such, and are still allowed out to get food anyway.
    Oh ok....so its that stay at home like most of us, ours started last week or the week before I forget. I do think they should do the real lock down for awhile. I didn't know you live in FL....my trips to FL are always fun.....I love it there!

I have emphysema.....but not too too bad, not on meds or anything.....sometimes I do have lung discomfort.

Allergy season is just getting started here, I'm convinced I'm dying when I wake up every morning. But I'm pretty sure it's just the seasonal complaint.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I hate to hear that. I remember when your Dad had surgery last year. I hope everything is ok! Can you wear a mask or a scarf as a mask at least while you are there?
    He's had like, 3 surgeries since late 2018. Multiple procedures, hospital trips, etc. It's like with every procedure he has complications...this is the latest one. They transferred him to UCSF as they found an abscess where they sewed his intestines back together. Worries me he is there with all this going on but it is a great hospital.

I had no mask but had gloves. They had a station set up with a guard and nurse before you could even get into the lobby. I was told I could wear the gloves but would be better off without (sanitizing my hands instead) so that's what I did. The lobby was a ghost town. Even the ER was pretty quiet, lots of empty beds as we were in the non-Covid section.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

They extended our stay-at-home order until May 1st. Have they done that anywhere else?

I’m back at work — working solo in an office in San Francisco. Nearly zero contact with others while in transit and Bay Area commutes are stellar right now. Wondered if some oldies had hopped back on while sitting at home. How everyone feeling??? A few have sniffles sounds like and hope that’s all. Hope your dad is home soon Nic.

Thanks, Morbid!

Angie: I believe ours was extended also. On top of that, it's been announced schools won't reopen until at least the beginning of the new school year.

He hasn't been answering his cell all day. If you try to call the hospital it's all automated, can't get to a person. Getting a little worried....my only option is to drive the 2 hours to San Fran and I'm not even allowed inside. Ugh.

He hasn't been answering his cell all day. If you try to call the hospital it's all automated, can't get to a person. Getting a little worried....my only option is to drive the 2 hours to San Fran and I'm not even allowed inside. Ugh.
    Could his phone be dead?

When i was in the hospital i forgot my charger.

Shit, I really hope you hear from your dad soon, Nic. I'm so fucking worried for all of you & your friends & fam.

We're on pretty heavy restrictions for the next 3 months down here. You're only allowed out of your house for a few specific reasons, some of which are impossible to prove, so police can fine or arrest you for being outside if they feel like it. We also have uniformed soldiers acting like parole officers & doing unannounced checks on people who've been ordered into home quarantine - there are a lot of people in that situation because there was a huge fuckup & an infected cruise ship was allowed to disembark 2700 passengers who then took public transport home to every state & territory in the country. So far there are something like 400 passengers who've tested positive from that one ship. Most states have closed their borders now - don't think that's happened since the Spanish Flu in 1919, Western Aus isn't even letting their own people in after tonight

The Aus govt *seems* to have started getting their shit together over the past week, but they could also be lying about the case numbers. They say they're starting to drop, but if that's true it's probably only because a lot of us had so little faith in them after the bushfires that we started our own lockdowns weeks ago while the govt & conservative media were still insisting everyone could go about their lives as normal. If we'd all listened to them I think we'd be in a much worse place right now.

I guess we'll know in two or three weeks if we're being lied to again, but right now I'm way more worried about all of you than I am about us

Stay safe, all of you

Thread Information