Page 54 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2212

Thread: COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus pandemic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Could we possibly ask for a double solid???
    Not likely. She's already gotten her first shot of Pfizer and it's pretty much 80% effective at that point even without the second shot. The vaccine that Nugent still whines about will actually protect her. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Not likely. She's already gotten her first shot of Pfizer and it's pretty much 80% effective at that point even without the second shot. The vaccine that Nugent still whines about will actually protect her. Go figure.
    She got her shot 8 days before the trip with typhoid ted. Too bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    She got her shot 8 days before the trip with typhoid ted. Too bad...
    Well, it could still happen. It's supposed to be two weeks before it reaches full effectiveness, but I have too much faith in the vaccines that I'm sure she'll be fine. Sadly.

Well, it could still happen. It's supposed to be two weeks before it reaches full effectiveness, but I have too much faith in the vaccines that I'm sure she'll be fine. Sadly.
    And it was only the first... she hasn't had the second yet. But I suspect she's probably already had an asymp. case; she doesn't mask, she doesn't distance, she hangs with the Trumpy's so...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

My husband suggested that we go to this restaurant on Saturday that we went to last Mother's Day. The place was so packed inside on Mother's Day that they had to shut down shortly after due to Covid. We sat outside.
    If they suggest we sit inside, I told my husband I'm not eating there and my son is not either.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My husband suggested that we go to this restaurant on Saturday that we went to last Mother's Day. The place was so packed inside on Mother's Day that they had to shut down shortly after due to Covid. We sat outside.
    If they suggest we sit inside, I told my husband I'm not eating there and my son is not either.
    Have you and your husband gotten the vaccine yet?

Have you and your husband gotten the vaccine yet?
    We've gotten the first dose. We get the second next week.

You'll do fine! Glad you are getting it!
    Thanks! My arm hurts like a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah. Mine did too, the day after.
    Make sure you hydrate before the second dose.

Any other issues? Just remember, it's better than actually getting COVID, lik 100000%!

Any other issues? Just remember, it's better than actually getting COVID, lik 100000%!
    Nope, just my arm hurts. Not a little, like, I can't lift my arm up.

And yes, obviously better than the Vid!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Nope, just my arm hurts. Not a little, like, I can't lift my arm up.

And yes, obviously better than the Vid!
    That's how my arm was on the 2nd shot. It was pretty much gone by the 3rd day.

That's how my arm was on the 2nd shot. It was pretty much gone by the 3rd day.
    I'm worried about the second dose and how sick I may get. But oh well, nothing I can do, is what it is!

I'm worried about the second dose and how sick I may get. But oh well, nothing I can do, is what it is!
    Did you get Pfizer or Moderna?

My husband got his 2nd one on Wednesday and he said he had even less soreness than the 1st one, and that was the only issue he had with both. I had mild soreness with the 1st and bad soreness with the 2nd, and that was it.

Boston, did you get your 2nd one?

My husband got his 2nd one on Wednesday and he said he had even less soreness than the 1st one, and that was the only issue he had with both. I had mild soreness with the 1st and bad soreness with the 2nd, and that was it.

Pfizer. I never even get the flu shot so maybe my body is just like, "WTF is this shit??"

I got my second one yesterday morning and so far just really tired and sore arm. But I'm always tired so it's probably not even the shot. Fingers crossed it stays this way at least today because of COURSE it's the busiest day of the week work wise.

Pfizer. I never even get the flu shot so maybe my body is just like, "WTF is this shit??"

I got my second one yesterday morning and so far just really tired and sore arm. But I'm always tired so it's probably not even the shot. Fingers crossed it stays this way at least today because of COURSE it's the busiest day of the week work wise.
    That's great news...well, the lack of bad side effects, not the busiest day of the week work wise thing.

That's great news...well, the lack of bad side effects, not the busiest day of the week work wise thing.
    Between all of the tea, bone broth, coconut water and soups I've been peeing just about every hour. Even throughout the night. Would explain why I'm so tired I guess

So far I have the hydration part of this down lol.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/houston...rs-who-refuse/

Houston hospital threatens to fire workers who refuse COVID-19 vaccine
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 12:50 PM.

A beloved Rapid City wresting coach, COVID-19 regulations, a contested suspension and alleged constitutional violations have coalesced into a lawsuit against the school district, which has decided not to renew the entire coaching staff?s contracts.

?We just want to get these guys back in the wrestling room training wrestlers,? said attorney Conor Duffy.

Duffy is representing David Gorsuch, the assistant wrestling coach at Central High School who was put on paid suspension Feb. 15 through the remainder of the season after the Rapid City Area School District found he violated COVID-19 safety protocols.

His attorney successfully obtained a temporary court order that allowed Gorsuch to coach through the state wrestling tournament and has a pending lawsuit asking for Gorsuch's ?unjust and incorrect suspension? to be lifted.

Duffy is also representing head coach Lance Pearson in the school administrative process after being coached by him 22 years ago.

Court documents filed in the temporary order and lawsuit include affidavits from Gorsuch and Pearson, and RCAS documents detailing the timeline and reasons behind Gorsuch?s suspension.

The suspension and court filings happened in February before Gorsuch, Pearson and the two other coaches learned in early April that their contracts would not be renewed. Gorsuch has been a coach for 15 years while Pearson has coached for at least 22 years.

Parents of past, present and future wrestlers have been asking the RCAS administration and school board to explain this decision but have not received any clear answers, the Journal previously reported.

The future of Pearson?s position as a wrestling coach is expected to be discussed during a closed-door executive session at the May 3 school boarding meeting, according to multiple sources.

Pearson, who also teaches business and computer skills at the high school, expressed concerns about the school district?s COVID-19 policies during a November 2020 school board meeting.

Pearson said he was struggling with distance learning and that teachers are seeing an increase in failing grades and missing assignments. He also said some students may be safer in the classroom since some were getting COVID-19 from family members.

Suspension

What follows is from RCAS documents filed at the Pennington County Court.

Gorsuch was wearing his mask around his chin and neck for the majority of the time, not over his mouth and nose, during a Feb. 10 COVID-19 testing of the wrestling team, a nurse and nursing assistant wrote in documents. He was in close proximity to the nursing staff and his wrestlers during this time.

When it was his turn to be tested, the nursing staff wrote, he told them that he was experiencing loss of taste and smell that day after having flu or cold-like symptoms since Feb. 5. Gorsuch continued to be around the students that day before his test came back positive and he was told to quarantine.

After Activities Director Jordan Bauer learned about the Feb. 10 incident, he found out that Gorsuch attended two wrestling events after becoming symptomatic on Feb. 5 and had told Pearson about his loss of sense and smell on Feb. 10. Neither of the coaches reported the symptoms to Bauer, according to a Feb. 15 conference review that took place with Gorsuch and Central High administration.

?While knowingly experiencing potential COVID-19 symptoms, Mr. Gorsuch put student and staff health and safety at risk by attending events and functions that our coaching staff and students were present at without getting tested for COVID-19,? the review says. ?This is a violation of the protocol for coaches? that is outlined in writing and has been communicated to coaches multiple times.

?We believe that Mr. Gorsuch truly cares about his students in the wrestling program as evidenced by the many years he has served in his coaching capacity? but ?the district will not accept intended or unintended violations of health and safety protocols,? the review says.

The review says that Central High administration recommended to Synova Nicolaisen, director of human resources, that Gorsuch be suspended for the remainder of the wrestling season.

Nicolaisen sent Gorsuch a letter the same day as the conference telling him that he was on paid suspension for violating COVID-19 protocol between Feb. 5 and 10. The letter says Gorsuch must write an apology letter to Bauer and that he?s not allowed to be on school property, attend school activities, contact district employees or use his school email during his suspension.

Court order

Gorsuch and Duffy filed a Feb. 19 petition asking a judge to temporarily prevent the school district from imposing Gorsuch?s suspension so he can coach his team before and during the state wrestling tournament from Feb. 25-27.

Gorsuch denies violating COVID-19 policies, only had a stuffy nose the days before his test, and noticed a loss of smell just 90 minutes before the test, the petition says. He learned about his suspension through a Zoom meeting with Bauer, which he claims violated his due process rights.

?If I am not available to coach, the teams? prospects, and my reputation as a coach, will suffer irreparable and irreversible harm,? Gorsuch wrote in an affidavit.

?I understand the concern of the situation? on Feb. 10, Pearson wrote in an affidavit in support of Gorsuch?s petition and his coaching contributions. ?I just feel that during these extremely trying times, we all need to rely on each other and help each other as much as possible. This would be an amazing opportunity to show grace and compassion for another human being along with the student athletes.?

Judge Robert Gusinsky granted Gorsuch a temporary order on Feb. 22 allowing him to coach through the tournament. Not allowing him to coach during this time will cause ?irreparable harm? to his ?reputation and professional status," Gusinsky wrote.

The school district, though attorney Kelsey Parker, later filed a motion to quash the order. Among other arguments, Parker said that Gorsuch had not exhausted RCAS administrative remedies to address his suspension.

Gusinsky rejected Parker?s arguments and Gorsuch was able to attend the state tournament after missing the regionals due to his suspension.

Lawsuit

Gorsuch and Duffy filed a Feb. 24 lawsuit against the school district, saying the district's "wrongful suspension" violated his constitutional rights to due process, the ability to petition the government, and his life, and liberty and property.

Gorsuch repeats his arguments from his emergency petition, says he was not properly told about the allegations against him so he couldn?t defend himself, called the Feb. 15 meeting ?egregiously biased and unfair,? and says the district is incorrectly classifying his employment and therefore the grievance policy he has to follow. He also argues that one of the district?s complaint procedures violates the Constitution.

The lawsuit asks Gusinsky to order the school district to rescind Gorsuch?s suspension and pay him monetary damages.

It?s unclear if the complaint will be amended to ask the judge to order RCAS to renew Gorsuch?s contract.

The school board rejected the arguments in the complaint in Parker?s March 31 response. Parker said Gorsuch was notified about the conference review and had time to arrange for legal representation. She also said the suspension decision was only made after Gorsuch shared his side of the story.

Parker asked for the lawsuit to be dismissed, saying Gorsuch has administrative options to appeal his suspension and that he can?t sue the district due to government immunity.

No future court dates have been scheduled in the lawsuit. ​

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...7ad5ce995f97b8

People are going to have to realize that you will not be forced to take the vaccine if you don't want to, but your choices for work will be diminished to working from home. Eventually you won't be able to fly anywhere, go to a concert, go to a movie and possibly even eat at a restaurant either.

People attending those activities that ARE vaccinated have a reasonable assumption of their safety and can and will sue if an establishment doesn't have those restrictions in place to protect them and they end up sick. There are different strains and breakthrough cases.

Don't want the vaccine? Then stay home. Isn't that what they loved to say to the reasonable people when they argued to open everything up? "If you don't feel safe, then stay home". Welp, practice what you preach.

The coach had symptoms but still was around people, maskless? What a dickhole.

I went shopping yesterday, and there was a mentally unwell person with a megaphone saying not to get the vaccine because God didnt want us to. The way I feel about them is how I feel about all anti vaxxers.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The Coach should be fired! If I were a parent, I'd sue him.

Governor Kemp is at a grand opening (gas station) down the road from my house. Maskless of course. I hate Republicans!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Millions Are Skipping Their Second Doses of Covid-19 Vaccines
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Thread Information