Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant (41), Gianna Bryant (13), Payton Chester, Sarah Chester, Christina Mauser, John Altobelli (56), Alyssa Altobelli, Keri Altobelli and Ara Zoyban confirmed dead after helicopter crash

Kobe Bryant (41), Gianna Bryant (13), Payton Chester, Sarah Chester, Christina Mauser, John Altobelli (56), Alyssa Altobelli, Keri Altobelli and Ara Zoyban confirmed dead after helicopter crash

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/26/kobe-...-in-calabasas/

Kobe Bryant died in a helicoper crash in Calabasas Sunday morning ... TMZ Sports has confirmed.

Kobe was traveling with at least 3 other people in his private helicopter when it went down. A fire broke out. Emergency personnel responded, but nobody on board survived. 5 people are confirmed dead. .
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 04:18 PM.

I wonder who the other passengers were.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Today has been a terrible blow to the NBA family.
    I don't really follow basketball, but I know Kobe was up there with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.
    I guess I don't know much about helicopters, but it surprises me that 9 people could fit in one.
    I thought maybe 4-5 people at the most.
    May all the victims rest in peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Today has been a terrible blow to the NBA family.
    I don't really follow basketball, but I know Kobe was up there with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.
    I guess I don't know much about helicopters, but it surprises me that 9 people could fit in one.
    I thought maybe 4-5 people at the most.
    May all the victims rest in peace!
    This surprised me as well. Totally didnt think they had ones that held more than 5 people.

Edit to add names:
    Gianna's basketball teammates Alyssa Altobelli and Payton Chester, Alyssa's parents John and Keri Altobelli, Payton's mother Sarah Chester, girls' basketball coach Christina Mauser and pilot Ara Zobayan also died
    Last edited by nclexusgirl; 01-27-2020 at 03:37 AM.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    This surprised me as well. Totally didnt think they had ones that held more than 5 people.

Edit to add names:
    Gianna's basketball teammates Alyssa Altobelli and Payton Chester, Alyssa's parents John and Keri Altobelli, Payton's mother Sarah Chester, girls' basketball coach Christina Mauser and pilot Ara Zobayan also died
    This particular helicopter seated 14 including the pilots. Some military helicopters can handle 90+ people... More about Kobi's chopper: https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/sik...x-kobe-bryant/
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

It's funny that when it all broke they were saying Kobe was piloting it. I looked...he doesn't even have an faa license. The guy who they are now saying was the pilot was instrument rated, which means he could fly in marginal weather if he couldn't see-depending on how bad it was because there are still limits.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 04:16 PM.

This death really hit me hard, especially after knowing his 13 year old daughter was with him. Flying terrifies me.

When I first told my husband, his reaction was "No fucking way. That has to be fake." It was just so out of the blue....as I guess most tragedies are.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So 12 people can fit back here?

I thought I saw somewhere his helicopter seated 8...but don't quote me on that. Still, regardless of the number of people, I think weight is the main thing.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I thought I saw somewhere his helicopter seated 8...but don't quote me on that. Still, regardless of the number of people, I think weight is the main thing.
    The link Puzz added has the details of the helicopter and it states that it can hold up to 14 people, including 2 pilots

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    The link Puzz added has the details of the helicopter and it states that it can hold up to 14 people, including 2 pilots
    Oh ok, thanks. Couldn't remember if I read it or saw it on TV. With all the craziness yesterday, there was so much misinformation.

The chick says she was about to say the Knicks but tried to correct herself and say Lakers but she slipped up and combined the 2.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    The chick says she was about to say the Knicks but tried to correct herself and say Lakers but she slipped up and combined the 2.
    It did sound like an accident, to me....

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    I don’t think she’s going to have a job for much longer.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Has anyone seen the crash video? Someone sent it to me on Facebook but I'm not sure if it's real.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    NVM the video isn't real. RIP, family and friends.

It's disgusting when people try to make a profit from posting dead celebrities' autopsies or accident scenes.
    I heard they had to shut down the air space above where the helicopter crashed, because of news helicopters and drones.

I'm pretty sure lawsuits are about to start pouring in due to pilot error.
    I know he was licensed to fly in bad conditions, but dude, use some common sense!

It's disgusting when people try to make a profit from posting dead celebrities' autopsies or accident scenes.
    I heard they had to shut down the air space above where the helicopter crashed, because of news helicopters and drones.

I'm pretty sure lawsuits are about to start pouring in due to pilot error.
    I know he was licensed to fly in bad conditions, but dude, use some common sense!
    I'm sure it will be labeled pilot error, and no doubt he probably shouldn't have been flying. However, I know many pilots that HATE to fly for VIPs because these VIPs are not used to hearing the word no, and they will push their pilots to fly when they have no business flying. There have been many cashes that have happened because pilots were afraid of losing their job, and they let themselves be pushed into going against their better judgement. Not saying that's the case here, but I certainly wonder. Kobe and passengers had to be at a certain place at a certain time, and it was probably already too late to go by car by the time they were scheduled to fly. I can't help but wonder if they pushed the pilot to go.

Here's a photo of the victims.

I smell a lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    I smell a lawsuit
    I had family members die this exact way (fog and all) and one insurance company sued the other insurance company (the pilots) and I think they won.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Not a new theory, but looks like they are going with this as the official cause

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Pilot in Kobe Bryant crash violated flight standards, likely became disoriented, NTSB investigators say
    Way too bad. I would imagine that the temptation to push the rules is strong when you are a private pilot for the wealthy. Too bad everyone pays when you make mistakes like this.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Way too bad. I would imagine that the temptation to push the rules is strong when you are a private pilot for the wealthy. Too bad everyone pays when you make mistakes like this.
    There is a long and storied history in aviation of wealthy customers pushing pilots (not saying Kobe actively did that, but the thought must always be there in the pilot's mind) to go when the weather or other conditions weren't suitable, ending up in disaster.

Thread Information