Thread: Brittany Palmer (23) found dead in a 'clandestine grave' after going missing

Brittany Palmer (23) found dead in a 'clandestine grave' after going missing

The Jacksonville Sheriff?s Office needs the community?s help in locating a missing 23-year-old woman.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-25-2022 at 05:11 PM.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...b-d4ca0613d7d0

Body of Jacksonville woman missing since 2020 found | Mother wants justice for 23 year-old daughter
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-25-2022 at 05:10 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That is a sketchy part of Jville.

Wait a minute!

This is an 8 minute drive from where she went missing and nobody connected the "clandestine grave" to the woman who had been missing for 8 weeks?!

Dubya Tee Eff.

Rest in peace, Brittany...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I had to look up what it meant. So it's basically just a grave someone dug to put a body in?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I had to look up what it meant. So it's basically just a grave someone dug to put a body in?
    That, or sneaking a body in a grave meant for someone else. Not sure what the situation is here, but in any event, it's a burial that the cemetery didn't know about or authorize.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    That, or sneaking a body in a grave meant for someone else. Not sure what the situation is here, but in any event, it's a burial that the cemetery didn't know about or authorize.
    That is just crazy.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    This is where my mind went.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I honestly had to look it up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

That is just crazy.
    Smart Smart. So you're stuck with a body. Whatcha gonna do? Chop it up? Dump it in the woods? Nah, put it with all the other bodies! They'll never find it there. It's not like they'll dig it up accidental like when they need another grave. And I'm sure no one keeps track.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Smart Smart. So you're stuck with a body. Whatcha gonna do? Chop it up? Dump it in the woods? Nah, put it with all the other bodies! They'll never find it there. It's not like they'll dig it up accidental like when they need another grave. And I'm sure no one keeps track.
    True. But they did find her, this time. I wonder what tipped them off?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post

Right? That's what kills me. Let's bury our body in a place where they're always digging body size holes. Even small cemeteries are visited regularly by maintenance/landscape crew, etc. It's not like a freshly dug grave isn't going to be noticed. Plus, someone under stress and not well-versed in the art of gravedigging isn't going to do a great job of it. I'd love to know whether it was a separate grave, or whether they tried to sneak her into a grave meant for someone else. If that was the case, they would have found it sooner (day of the funeral), or they would have had to exhume the legitimate occupant of the grave to find her. They would only do that if they had reliable information that Brittany had been placed there.

Rest in peace, Brittany...

So it's been taken down now, but her NAMUS appeared to have said "The body was found on October 8, 2020, during the restoration project of Sunset Memorial Cemetery within a clandestine grave."

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So it's been taken down now, but her NAMUS appeared to have said "The body was found on October 8, 2020, during the restoration project of Sunset Memorial Cemetery within a clandestine grave."
    Aha, it all makes sense now. It was an abandoned cemetery. I guess we owe the murderer an apology. If it weren't for some do-gooders cleaning up an old cemetery, she might never have been found.

From FindaGrave:

Memorial, Sunset Memorial and Pinehurst Cemeteries were developed and managed by the Afro-American Life Insurance Company to provide burial options for blacks in segregated Jacksonville. With over 6,000 graves, these three cemeteries along with the adjacent Mount Olive Cemetery, New Mount Herman Cemetery and Greenwood Cemetery, were the major burial grounds for Jacksonville's African American community.

Located on the south side of Moncrief Road just west of Edgewood Avenue in Jacksonville, Florida. Across the street from Memorial Cemetery.

One of many Abandoned Cemeteries.

Thread Information