Thread: Kelly Owen (27) was strangled in her home with no sign of a break in at the house

Kelly Owen (27) was strangled in her home with no sign of a break in at the house

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rents-n1117666

A 27-year-old nursing student from Long Island, New York, was found strangled in her home, police said.

Kelly Owen's body was found by her parents around 3:30 p.m. on Thursday at their South Farmingdale home, about 42 miles east of Manhattan.

The Nassau County Police Department said Owen woke up around 8 a.m. and got her 6-year-old daughter ready before her father took the girl to school.

Owen was supposed to help with her daughter's after-school program, but her parents came home and found her car still in the driveway. She was found unconscious and not breathing in her bed and was pronounced dead at the scene by first responders.

Authorities said there was no signs of a break-in. A medical examiner determined that she died of asphyxiation.

Owen lived at home with her parents, brother and daughter. She was a nursing student and was on break from school, police said

Did they accidentally leave their door(s)/windows unlocked? If not, it had to have been the brother or someone with a key to the house.

This woman didn’t strangle herself to death.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Did they accidentally leave their door(s)/windows unlocked? If not, it had to have been the brother or someone with a key to the house.

I think it was a family member. I want to see the updates on this one.

https://myfox8.com/2020/01/20/police...-death-in-bed/

Police in Long Island, New York, are searching for the person who strangled a young mother inside of her family's home.

The victim's aunt says the anguished family of 27-year-old Kelly Bretana Owen is inconsolable. The nursing student, a mother of a 6-year-old daughter, died by criminal asphyxiation, according to the medical examiner.

"We looked at the house," said Nassau Homicide Chief Det. Lt. Stephen Fitzpatrick. "There's no obvious signs of a break-in. We've scoured the area. We're looking into her past, anyone who knows her."

Kelly lives with her parents and brother. They came to the door in obvious distress and soon drove off, neighbors said, to meet again with Nassau detectives.
    I wonder what her relationship with her brother was?
    Neighbors are working closely with police sharing home video security video hoping to spot anyone suspicious entering or leaving Owen's south Farmingdale home.

It is a mystery who would want to end the life of this admired and loved young mother.

Police are urging anyone with information about the homicide to call in their tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

I was thinking maybe a hook-up gone bad???

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I think it was a family member. I want to see the updates on this one.

Me too!!!!!
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

https://people.com/crime/kelly-owen-...sband-charged/

PEOPLE confirms that Michael Owen, Kelly’s estranged husband, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to a single charge of second-degree murder stemming from the Jan. 15 killing in a South Farmingdale, New York, home.

Nassau County Homicide Det. Lt. Stephen Fitzpatrick spoke to reporters about the arrest this week, saying the couple had separated in 2018 after a five-year marriage, but continued to have a “physical and intimate” relationship.

According to Fitzpatrick, Michael, 27, allegedly strangled Kelly after learning she was pregnant. The couple already have a daughter.

“He did not want this child,” said Fitzpatrick during a news conference. “He did not want to give her medical insurance. He had this new relationship he was involved in, and he was in a bad position.”

Police allege Michael was living with his new girlfriend at the time of the murder.

Thread Information