Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: MDS Dieters-Come here for support, advice, etc.

MDS Dieters-Come here for support, advice, etc.

I am making a thread because I know a lot of people out there are wanting to lose some weight. And we all need support and since we are all on here quite a bit, we might as well support each other.

If you need advice, let's have it guys!

Re: MDS Dieters-Come here for support, advice, etc.

I have a little helpful hint.I HATE water but I know you must drink it if you want to lose weight.The new Sobe water or vitamin water tastes pretty good and you get your water plus some extra vitamins!

[quote author=hlw1214 link=topic=8000.msg406470#msg406470 date=1181534873]
    I have a little helpful hint.I HATE water but I know you must drink it if you want to lose weight.The new Sobe water or vitamin water tastes pretty good and you get your water plus some extra vitamins!
    [/quote]
    Also, there is new Special K "Protein Water". It's flavored water with 100 calories and has protein to keep you full. It works SO well!

It's pretty simple really. Cut your portion sizes in half, stay away from junk food and exercise. End of story. If you want to lose weight, that's all you need to do. It's all mental. Suck it up. You know what you have to do.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=8000.msg406474#msg406474 date=1181535094]
    It's pretty simple really. Cut your portion sizes in half, stay away from junk food and exercise. End of story. If you want to lose weight, that's all you need to do. It's all mental. Suck it up. You know what you have to do.
    [/quote]

Some people have issues with food. They use it as therapy. It's hard for some people. If it was that easy, people wouldn't be overweight.

I'm assuming, YOU have no problem with food?

[quote author=Wick link=topic=8000.msg406474#msg406474 date=1181535094]
    [/quote]

Simple yes. Easy no. Losing weight and working towards a healthier lifestyle has been one of the hardest things I have done.  A lot of it is mental.

Lots and lots of sex.

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=8000.msg406471#msg406471 date=1181534955]
    Also, there is new Special K "Protein Water". It's flavored water with 100 calories and has protein to keep you full. It works SO well!
    [/quote]
    Does it taste good?I wanted to try it.

Sex. Always a good workout.

[quote author=hlw1214 link=topic=8000.msg406487#msg406487 date=1181535482]
    Does it taste good?I wanted to try it.
    [/quote]

They taste awesome. They have different flavors.

Sparkpeople.com is a pretty helpful site.

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=8000.msg406485#msg406485 date=1181535463]
    Lots and lots of sex.
    [/quote]

Calorie counting - How many calories burned during intercourse!

It has been known for many years that Sex was good exercise, but until now nobody had made a scientific study of the caloric content of different sexual activities.

Now after "original and proprietary" research we are proud to present the results.

REMOVING HER CLOTHES:
      With her consent....................... 12 Calories
      Without her consent...................187 Calories

OPENING HER BRA:
      With both hands........................ 8 Calories
      With one hand.......................... 12 Calories
      With your teeth........................ 85 Calories

PUTTING ON A CONDOM:
      With an erection....................... 6 Calories
      Without an erection.................... 315 Calories

PRELIMINARIES:
      Trying to find the clitoris............ 8 Calories
      Trying to find the G-Spot.............. 92 Calories

POSITIONS:
      Missionary............................. 12 Calories
      69 lying down.......................... 78 Calories
      69 standing up......................... 112 Calories
      Wheelbarrow............................ 216 Calories
      Doggy Style............................ 326 Calories
      Italian chandelier..................... 912 Calories

ORGASMING:
      Real................................... 112 Calories
      False.................................. 315 Calories

POST ORGASM:
      Lying in bed hugging................... 18 Calories
      Getting up immediately................. 36 Calories explaining why you got out of bed
      Immediately................ 816 Calories

GETTING A SECOND ERECTION:
      If you are: 20-29 years old..........36 Calories
      30-39 years............................ 80 Calories
      40-49 years............................ 124 Calories
      50-59 years............................ 972 Calories
      60-69 years............................ 2916 Calories
      70 and over............................ Results are still pending

DRESSING UP AFTERWARDS:
      Calmly................................. 32 Calories
      In a hurry............................. 98 Calories
      With her father knocking at the door... 1218 Calories
      With your wife knocking at the door.... 3521 Calories
    :-)

[quote author=angel_kisses1025 link=topic=8000.msg406492#msg406492 date=1181535636]
    Sparkpeople.com is a pretty helpful site.
    [/quote]

I like Fitday.com.

You can keep a food journal.

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=8000.msg406500#msg406500 date=1181535916]
    I like Fitday.com.

You can keep a food journal.
    [/quote]

I used fitday for awhile, then found this site.  I like it because it has the forums, plus you can enter your food in a food log.  It also gives you weekly food plans if you want and exercise ideas and demonstrations.

I bought a pedometer the other day. I heard that you should aim for 10,000 steps per day. At the moment I'm averaging out at around 11,000 but I have a feeling that when I'm in the car it counts every bump I go over as a step, even so, I'd still be well over 10,000. I wish there was a way to lock the damn thing when I'm driving, it's too sensitive.

My problem at the moment is the water thing. I don't mind drinking it, I just forget. I have a bottle here with me now but I usually get through six or seven coffees before water even occurs to me and by then I don't feel like it cause I'm full of coffee 

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=8000.msg406477#msg406477 date=1181535232]
    Some people have issues with food. They use it as therapy. It's hard for some people. If it was that easy, people wouldn't be overweight.

I'm assuming, YOU have no problem with food?
    [/quote]

Just like I said, it's all mental. Time for some tough love here. Almost everybody knows what they have to do(excluding the really really obese) Set a goal and follow it. Simplistic yes? But so many want to try new fads and take the easy road out. I just hate how everyone has to turn everything into some sort of disorder to justify their lack of self-control. You're using food as therapy? Then change it. Find a new way to cope.

Excuses are like assholes, everyone has them and they all stink.

Everyone can do it. You can do it. You know you can do it. You know what you have to do, and if you really want to drop the pounds then set a goal and follow it.

I read that you have lost some weight recently. Good job. Keep up the good work.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=hlw1214 link=topic=8000.msg406470#msg406470 date=1181534873]
    [/quote]

The Vitamin Water is good, but there's still 13g of sugar per 8oz. serving.  Good thing is that it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup like gatorade.  Try and stick to water for the most part, but a few vitamin waters won't kill you.  I like the Power C Dragonfruit flavor and the XXX Acai. 

Don't forget to exercise.    That's very important.  I'm at about 250 lbs down from 285.  I'm 6'5'' so I'm workin' on getting down to about 225 or so. 

Core strength is very important.  Try doing some stabilization exercises.  Many of these can be done at home and no equipment is needed.  They are VERY effective and can have some impressive results.  I'm just getting back into them. 

Check out this website for some good core exercises:  http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/corestabex.htm
    The Plank is a good one:

Try and hold it for 30 seconds and keep trying for longer. 
    I can do it for about one minute, but while i was in good shape i could go for almost 3 minutes.  There's some other good ones on the site too. Mix it up and try doing a few of them everyday.  Adding these to your normal work out can be great catalyst.

Good luck.

[quote author=Dr. Zoidberg link=topic=8000.msg406505#msg406505 date=1181536389]
    I bought a pedometer the other day. I heard that you should aim for 10,000 steps per day. At the moment I'm averaging out at around 11,000 but I have a feeling that when I'm in the car it counts every bump I go over as a step, even so, I'd still be well over 10,000. I wish there was a way to lock the damn thing when I'm driving, it's too sensitive.

My problem at the moment is the water thing. I don't mind drinking it, I just forget. I have a bottle here with me now but I usually get through six or seven coffees before water even occurs to me and by then I don't feel like it cause I'm full of coffee 
    [/quote]I HATED water at first, but I wouldn't drink anything but it, so when I drank it I was SO thirsty. I Absolutely love water now.

Yay for health support!
    And I must agree with Wick.  I've been doing all of those things.  It's simple, and effective.
    Though a problem I seem to be having is eating late in the evening.  I don't get off of work until late, so my habit used to be get home around 8-9, eat dinner, and go to sleep for work in the morning. [I work 10+ hour shifts.]  Now, I've been trying to eat more often throughout the day so I won't come home and eat too large of a meal right before bed, and work out for at least 30 minutes or so afterwards, even if I'm dead on my feet.  But it's still kind of tough sometimes. :|

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=8000.msg406508#msg406508 date=1181536498]
    I HATED water at first, but I wouldn't drink anything but it, so when I drank it I was SO thirsty. I Absolutely love water now.
    [/quote]

I did that last year and it worked pretty well... Then the coffee started to sneak it's way back in. I think I might have to just cut it out altogether again.

[quote author=snipsnip link=topic=8000.msg406510#msg406510 date=1181536534]
    Yay for health support!
    And I must agree with Wick.  I've been doing all of those things.  It's simple, and effective.
    Though a problem I seem to be having is eating late in the evening.  I don't get off of work until late, so my habit used to be get home around 8-9, eat dinner, and go to sleep for work in the morning. [I work 10+ hour shifts.]  Now, I've been trying to eat more often throughout the day so I won't come home and eat too large of a meal right before bed, and work out for at least 30 minutes or so afterwards, even if I'm dead on my feet.  But it's still kind of tough sometimes. :|
    [/quote]I don't eat after 7pm. But I'm a stay at home mother, so it's easier to plan for that. You should eat some almonds on the way home. It'll help your hunger and you won't want to eat so much.

oo no time for questions tonight, but I just wanna post so I can read it later.

night guys.

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=8000.msg406508#msg406508 date=1181536498]
    I HATED water at first, but I wouldn't drink anything but it, so when I drank it I was SO thirsty. I Absolutely love water now.
    [/quote]

Drinking nothing but water was hard at first for me.  I think the biggest challenge in lifestyle changes isn't the task itself, but just breaking your old routine.  But ever since I started my current job, I don't want to drink anything but water.  I run around in circles all day, and sugar-loaded drinks just don't hydrate me.

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=8000.msg406512#msg406512 date=1181536640]
    I don't eat after 7pm. But I'm a stay at home mother, so it's easier to plan for that. You should eat some almonds on the way home. It'll help your hunger and you won't want to eat so much.
    [/quote]

I usually keep plain yogurt, granola, and almonds at work for when I need some fuel.
    I wish almonds weren't so damn expensive most of the time.

[quote author=snipsnip link=topic=8000.msg406514#msg406514 date=1181536820]
    Drinking nothing but water was hard at first for me.  I think the biggest challenge in lifestyle changes isn't the task itself, but just breaking your old routine.  But ever since I started my current job, I don't want to drink anything but water.  I run around in circles all day, and sugar-loaded drinks just don't hydrate me.
    [/quote]Yeah, I love water now. I love it. I wouldn't pick anything else. But I drink juice and milk too.

[quote author=snipsnip link=topic=8000.msg406516#msg406516 date=1181537008]
      I usually keep plain yogurt, granola, and almonds at work for when I need some fuel.
    I wish almonds weren't so damn expensive most of the time.
    [/quote]

You should come and live here, they are cheap.
    Cashews on the other hand 

...I guess that's a good thing, when it comes to cashews, I don't know when to say when 

Thread Information