Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Todt family slaying: Dad in custody after family found dead in Disney World community

He taking a page out of the Chris Watts playbook:

Man charged with killing his family in Florida says wife poisoned kids

https://nypost.com/2020/07/29/man-ch...poisoned-kids/

A Connecticut man who allegedly confessed to murdering his family in their picture-perfect Florida home near Disney World now claims his wife fed their children poisoned pie before stabbing them and taking her own life.

In a chilling 27-page letter, Anthony Todt, 44, told his father that his spouse, Megan Todt, was the real killer, the Orlando Sentinel reported Monday.

“Long story short, she gave them the Benadryl/Tylenol PM pie, separated them, woke up at 11:30 [p.m.], stabbed and then suffocated each one,” Todt wrote to his estranged dad, Robert Todt. “At the news of this I ran to the bathroom and puked — I was weak.”

The letter, which was entered as evidence by prosecutors, describes an evening in which he left his home in Celebration, Fla. to nap in his van — then returned to find his children dead.

“The [kids] said mom was preparing dessert and was I going to join them,” he wrote. “I said ‘no’ as I was trying to lose some weight, etc.”

He then claims he took a “small siesta” in his minivan and accidentally slept until 4:30 a.m. before rushing home “fearful of the scolding” from his wife.

When he returned, Todt said he found the remnants of a pudding pie, which “looked very good” but “smelled horrible” — claiming it was loaded with Benadryl. He then spotted his wife at the top of a staircase in the home, where she confessed to killing their children, according to the letter.

Todt claims he found his kids dead in their beds soon after with no sign of struggle, and wiped their faces with a washcloth and “worked to make them look more comfortable.”

As he cleaned them, Megan calmly checked on him, asking if he was OK.

“No… you murdered our children,” he said he replied.

“I released their souls,” he claims she responded.

Todt said his wife then flipped out — stabbing herself in the abdomen and drinking a family-sized bottle of Benadryl as he begged her to let him call for help, according to the letter, which notes he couldn’t find a phone.

After her death, he said he moved all of the bodies to a bedroom and laid them “in comfortable sleeping positions” — then tried but to commit suicide himself but failed.

Todt insists that he is “10000% INNOCENT of all these preposterous charges” and wants to “correct all inaccuracies” churned out by the “the creative writing machine” — a reference to the press. He claims the Sheriff’s Office wanted “to score a big win” by arresting him.

He describes himself as a loving but flawed husband and Megan as constantly sick with both mental and physical illnesses, including Lyme disease and depression.

Todt apparently wrote the letter in response to his father’s participation in a February article by the Hartford Courant, in which Robert Todt discussed the traumatic impact of the 1980 shooting of Anthony Todt’s mother — which he witnessed as a 4-year-old boy.

In February, a grand jury indicted Todt on four counts of first-degree murder after he allegedly confessed to the slayings of Megan and the couple’s three children, Alek, 13, Tyler, 11, and Zoe, 4 at the Florida home. He faces the death penalty.

All of the victims except the youngest, Zoe, had been stabbed, and the family pooch, Breezy, was also found dead.

The family also had roots in Connecticut, where Todt ran a physical therapy practice in Colchester during the week and returned to Florida on weekends, according to the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office.

Todt’s lawyers didn’t immediately return a request for comment, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Yeah, too bad that story doesn't fly when he lived in the home with the dead bodies for DAYS. What an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I don?t think he gambled. Just tried to screw over Medicaid and took out a bunch of loans for his business.

His dad tried to kill his mom-twice. He shot her and poisoned her. Maybe murder runs in the family.
    Well poison certainly seems to run in the family!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Well poison certainly seems to run in the family!
    I have visions of him sitting in jail trying to come up with a story that would clear him. Aliens! Space aliens! Illegal aliens! UMMM some random black dude! No they won't believe that. I know! I'll blame my wife! Yeah that's the ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Authorities said Anthony Todt confessed to killing his family, but that confession will no longer be used in trial because the detectives who interrogated him, didn’t fully inform him of his Miranda rights before their first interview.
    Seriously???

What a weird coincidence. I'm listening to this case on dreading right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Oh god this psychopath took the stand. What a narcissistic move, he thought the jury would buy his crap. If the wife killed the kids and stabbed herself he would have called 911. He said she hid the phones, but wouldnt his be on him?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Nothing that he says is at all believable. I'm surprised the jury didn't come back in like 30 minutes with a guilty verdict.
    Me either, Im a tad worried.

ETA verdict in, hes guilty!

https://www.yahoo.com/now/anthony-to...233500856.html

ORLANDO, Fla. — A jury found Anthony Todt guilty on four charges of first-degree murder and animal cruelty Thursday for killing his wife, children and dog at their Central Florida home in 2020.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 04-14-2022 at 04:10 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Good! I am glad no one was fooled by his bullshit lies!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Good. What a POS.

Thread Information