Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Todt family slaying: Dad in custody after family found dead in Disney World community

Todt family slaying: Dad in custody after family found dead in Disney World community

https://nypost.com/2020/01/14/dad-in...rld-community/

A fairytale Florida community built by Disney World has turned into a horror scene after cops discovered four bodies in the home of a missing former Connecticut family.

A man identified by neighbors as the family-of-five's dad ' who had reportedly been hit with an eviction notice for the home in Celebration three days before Christmas ' was hauled off in handcuffs Monday morning.

'We are in shock,' one of the residents, Marcelo Rodriguez, told the Orlando Sentinel. 'It's terrible.'

Frantic relatives of the family ' physical therapists Tony and Megan Todt and their three young kids, Alek, Tyler and Zoe, all formerly of Colchester, Conn., southeast of Hartford ' set up a Facebook page titled 'Looking For The Todt Family'' after the five went dark Jan. 6.

'Hello, I recognize them from living right around the corner. I'd say the last time I saw them was around Thanksgiving time and they were all walking the dog as a family,'' a woman wrote on the page. 'I thought that they just went away for the holidays because their blinds are all closed.''

Alek's worried teacher added, 'We last heard from him via text on Dec 16th. I last communicated with Megan on Dec. 13th. They are a beautiful family and we're all praying for them.'

But while some writers said they only knew the family as close-knit and happy, there appeared to have been signs of trouble.

Tony Todt let his physical-therapy license expire in September, The Day of Connecticut said.

Meanwhile, the couple had been slapped with an eviction notice Dec. 22, the site said.

A woman wrote on the Todt relatives' Facebook page, 'Tony and Meg have been dear friends for years. I haven't talked to him in awhile but I know the last few years have been rough for him. The last time I saw him in August I was concerned for him.''

After a man was taken in cuffs from the home around 9 a.m. Monday, the page's administrator wrote, 'I am so sorry to report that 4 bodies have been found (not identified) in celebration, Florida today. Tony is at the hospital. We have no further details and we will update you when we know more. Please pray for the family,'' Heavy.com said.

Authorities have yet to identify the dead or the arrested man.

But local Sheriff Russ Gibson told reporters, 'All parties involved with this investigation are accounted for.'

The manufactured town, built by Disney on the outskirts of its famed entertainment hub, welcomed its first residents in 1996.

'Anyone would be forgiven for thinking they'd stepped onto the set of the original 'Stepford Wives' movie or 'The Truman Show' when they enter, news.com.au once wrote about the development.

Disney sold the property to private investors in 2004, according to Clickorlando.com.

Last edited by up2trouble; 07-29-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Curious to know the manner of death.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So he just continued living in the house with his dead family in it?!?

Answering my own question apparently he did live with the dead bodies for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Answering my own question apparently he did live with the dead bodies for weeks.
    Sorry, I missed your post. What kind of crazy do you have to be to live with decomposing bodies? We had a friend get killed once in a plane crash and they didn't find the bodies for like 2 days (summer in Texas so like 100 degrees) and for months after they took the bodies away you could still smell the decomp so strong that it made me want to throw up when we went out to the crash site to leave flowers. I can't imagine living with bodies in a house, even with the AC on...plus we've had an unusually warm winter here in Florida so it's been like 90 some days.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Sorry, I missed your post. What kind of crazy do you have to be to live with decomposing bodies? We had a friend get killed once in a plane crash and they didn't find the bodies for like 2 days (summer in Texas so like 100 degrees) and for months after they took the bodies away you could still smell the decomp so strong that it made me want to throw up when we went out to the crash site to leave flowers. I can't imagine living with bodies in a house, even with the AC on...plus we've had an unusually warm winter here in Florida so it's been like 90 some days.
    And it wasn’t just 1 dead body, it was 4, plus a dog. He would have to be nuts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I read elsewhere Todt was a compulsive gambler. I guess they were so broke he couldn?t pay the electric bill.

I haven?t seen any COD on the family members. That would be interesting to know.

I read elsewhere Todt was a compulsive gambler. I guess they were so broke he couldn?t pay the electric bill.

I haven?t seen any COD on the family members. That would be interesting to know.
    If he couldn't pay the electric bill, then no AC. I can't imagine how bad that house smelled. That landlord is REALLY going to regret renting to him. Yuck.

I don?t think he gambled. Just tried to screw over Medicaid and took out a bunch of loans for his business.

His dad tried to kill his mom-twice. He shot her and poisoned her. Maybe murder runs in the family.

The victims had multiple stab wounds in the upper abdomen. That is fucked up.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s4m-story.html

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Man accused of killing family in Celebration, Florida, witnessed his dad’s plot to kill mom

https://nypost.com/2020/01/21/man-ac...t-to-kill-mom/

The man accused of killing his wife and kids in the Disney town of Celebration, Florida, witnessed his own father’s plot to murder his mother when he was a little boy, according to a new report.

Anthony Todt was 4 years old and home with his mother, Loretta Todt, in Pennsylvania when he watched the murder attempt unfold back in 1980 — roughly 40 years before Todt would be arrested of killing his own family, People reports.

Loretta, 44 at the time, was shot by a hitman hired by her husband, Robert Todt. She survived the shooting, but the bullet “destroyed her left eye and remains lodged in her skull,” court documents obtained by the magazine show.

The young Todt woke up to his mother’s screams, according to a 1981 article in the Philadelphia Inquirer.

He then walked out into the hallway to see a man “wrestling with mommy on her bed” before a second man brought him back to his room, the paper reported.

Robert was a special education teacher having an affair with a 17-year-old girl when he plotted to kill his wife. To carry out the hit, he hired a former student who also pleaded guilty in the case, according to the paper.

The elder Todt was jailed in 1981 after he was convicted on multiple charges, including attempted homicide, criminal conspiracy and criminal solicitation.

Now his son Anthony is also accused of similarly gruesome family violence.

Authorities say he admitted to killing wife, three children and their dog, and he now faces charges of counts of homicide and a felony count of animal cruelty.

The bodies were found at their home last week — but authorities said they had likely been there since late December.

Law enforcement have not disclosed how they believe Todt carried out the crimes or what a possible motive could have been.

But documents show that Todt was facing an increasing debt in addition to at least two health care fraud investigations at the state and federal levels. Todt’s family was facing eviction from their home over unpaid rent and landlords in Connecticut were also preparing to evict Todt’s physical therapy practice from its office in Colchester.

https://theasthmafiles.org/sites/def...W7oGWGaT_Gnvvg

So another case where murder seems to run in the family tree. We've seen a few of those.

The victims had multiple stab wounds in the upper abdomen. That is fucked up.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s4m-story.html
    I have also seen discussions where they are saying some of the victims had no marks on them. I am confused. I wish they would just say what happened.

ETA:

https://patch.com/connecticut/thehad...stabbed-report

An autopsy has concluded that three of the four members of the Todt family who were killed last month were stabbed, according to Florida TV station WESH. The family's father, Anthony Todt, has been arrested on four counts of homicide after a confession.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 11:55 AM.

I have also seen discussions where they are saying some of the victims had no marks on them. I am confused. I wish they would just say what happened.

ETA:

https://patch.com/connecticut/thehad...stabbed-report
    I don’t think they know how the 4 year old died, and they never mentioned the dog.

There was apparently no defensive wounds on the bodies, but they were very decomposed so idk if they could tell.

I don’t think they know how the 4 year old died, and they never mentioned the dog.

There was apparently no defensive wounds on the bodies, but they were very decomposed so idk if they could tell.
    I also saw where they are saying he may have killed them in December, but some people are saying they last saw them Jan 6th. I am not sure they know anything. That neighborhood where they lived in Florida is this really creepy Stepford community. I'm surprised that everyone didn't know EVERYTHING that was going on there; that's the impression I have always got of that community.

Here is a more detailed account of their injuries:
    The reports also note small stab wounds, 3.2 X 1.1 centimeters for Megan.

According to Alek?s report, he suffered a 5.9 X 3 cm stab wound. His body had a brown-green color as decomposition set in and his feet were mummified.

Tyler, the reports show, suffered a stab wound 10.7X2.1 centimeters in size. His eyes, the medical examiner noted, were collapsed because of the decomposition.

I also saw where they are saying he may have killed them in December, but some people are saying they last saw them Jan 6th. I am not sure they know anything. That neighborhood where they lived in Florida is this really creepy Stepford community. I'm surprised that everyone didn't know EVERYTHING that was going on there; that's the impression I have always got of that community.
    Im also very confused about the timeline. I read somewhere the SIL last talked to Megan on Dec. 26th, but read somewhere else that someone wanted to talk to the kids on Christmas, but the dad said they had the flu and couldn?t talk.

It does appear like the area was ?stepford wivey?.

I don?t know why the husband didn?t flee? Maybe it was because he was broke.

I just don?t know how he thought he was going to get away with the murders. The cops entered the house and he said his wife was sleeping upstairs.

Im also very confused about the timeline. I read somewhere the SIL last talked to Megan on Dec. 26th, but read somewhere else that someone wanted to talk to the kids on Christmas, but the dad said they had the flu and couldn?t talk.

It does appear like the area was ?stepford wivey?.

I don?t know why the husband didn?t flee? Maybe it was because he was broke.

I just don?t know how he thought he was going to get away with the murders. The cops entered the house and he said his wife was sleeping upstairs.
    I also don't believe that he was crazy as some people are saying. Anyone who kills all their family but spares themselves is a selfish SOB who is trying to preserve their own skin. I'm not saying he was rational, but this certainly isn't a not-guilty by reason of insanity type thing.

I have also seen where some people think the wife was aware of everything that was going down.

I don?t think he?s crazy. It?s gross that he lived with the bodies-hopefully he didn?t sleep in the bed with them

I don?t think the wife had any idea what was going on. I don?t think she would have agreed to kill the kids.

I don?t think he?s crazy. It?s gross that he lived with the bodies-hopefully he didn?t sleep in the bed with them

I don?t think the wife had any idea what was going on. I don?t think she would have agreed to kill the kids.
    I agree. I have just seen some people saying that since she did the books and stuff that she knew that they were in a terrible financial/criminal situation. I think that she did know, but I don't think she was in on this plan.

I agree. I have just seen some people saying that since she did the books and stuff that she knew that they were in a terrible financial/criminal situation. I think that she did know, but I don't think she was in on this plan.
    I haven?t read anywhere that she did the books for him, where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpienne View Post
    I haven?t read anywhere that she did the books for him, where did you see that?
    I don't remember now, but I remember it saying that she had to be aware of the investigation into fraud since she did the officework/books.

I saw on Daily Mail (don’t know how trustworthy it is) that Tony suffocated his family members first. That would answer my question as to why they didn’t scream out/alert everyone to what was going on. Apparently the oldest one fought back and that’s why he stabbed him, then he stabbed the other victims to make sure they were dead, with the exception of Zoe. He stabbed the dog 4 times

What boggles me is the fact he was just sitting there with the corpses. Kill yourself too, or run away... either makes sense, but not this.

Of course I'll never understand how it makes sense to kill the kids and that cute little dog. :(
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    What boggles me is the fact he was just sitting there with the corpses. Kill yourself too, or run away... either makes sense, but not this.

Of course I'll never understand how it makes sense to kill the kids and that cute little dog. :(
    I?m worried his defense attorney will argue him doing this is a sign of mental illness.

I don?t know if anyone saw, but up thread I mentioned his dad tried to kill his mom. His dad was thought to be a psychopath and that can be genetic. I don?t think this guy is crazy-he was just too broke to get away.

Thread Information