Thread: Todt family slaying: Dad in custody after family found dead in Disney World community

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Todt family slaying: Dad in custody after family found dead in Disney World community

https://nypost.com/2020/01/14/dad-in...rld-community/

A fairytale Florida community built by Disney World has turned into a horror scene after cops discovered four bodies in the home of a missing former Connecticut family.

A man identified by neighbors as the family-of-five's dad ' who had reportedly been hit with an eviction notice for the home in Celebration three days before Christmas ' was hauled off in handcuffs Monday morning.

'We are in shock,' one of the residents, Marcelo Rodriguez, told the Orlando Sentinel. 'It's terrible.'

Frantic relatives of the family ' physical therapists Tony and Megan Todt and their three young kids, Alek, Tyler and Zoe, all formerly of Colchester, Conn., southeast of Hartford ' set up a Facebook page titled 'Looking For The Todt Family'' after the five went dark Jan. 6.

'Hello, I recognize them from living right around the corner. I'd say the last time I saw them was around Thanksgiving time and they were all walking the dog as a family,'' a woman wrote on the page. 'I thought that they just went away for the holidays because their blinds are all closed.''

Alek's worried teacher added, 'We last heard from him via text on Dec 16th. I last communicated with Megan on Dec. 13th. They are a beautiful family and we're all praying for them.'

But while some writers said they only knew the family as close-knit and happy, there appeared to have been signs of trouble.

Tony Todt let his physical-therapy license expire in September, The Day of Connecticut said.

Meanwhile, the couple had been slapped with an eviction notice Dec. 22, the site said.

A woman wrote on the Todt relatives' Facebook page, 'Tony and Meg have been dear friends for years. I haven't talked to him in awhile but I know the last few years have been rough for him. The last time I saw him in August I was concerned for him.''

After a man was taken in cuffs from the home around 9 a.m. Monday, the page's administrator wrote, 'I am so sorry to report that 4 bodies have been found (not identified) in celebration, Florida today. Tony is at the hospital. We have no further details and we will update you when we know more. Please pray for the family,'' Heavy.com said.

Authorities have yet to identify the dead or the arrested man.

But local Sheriff Russ Gibson told reporters, 'All parties involved with this investigation are accounted for.'

The manufactured town, built by Disney on the outskirts of its famed entertainment hub, welcomed its first residents in 1996.

'Anyone would be forgiven for thinking they'd stepped onto the set of the original 'Stepford Wives' movie or 'The Truman Show' when they enter, news.com.au once wrote about the development.

Disney sold the property to private investors in 2004, according to Clickorlando.com.

Last edited by up2trouble; 07-29-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Thread Information