Thread: British backpacker Madalyn Davis (21) plunges to her death from popular selfie spot in Australia

British backpacker Madalyn Davis (21) plunges to her death from popular selfie spot in Australia

https://www.instagram.com/madalyn_davis_/

https://nypost.com/2020/01/13/britis...-in-australia/

A British model fell to her death from a popular selfie spot in Australia on Sunday morning.

Madalyn Davis, 21, died after plunging off a 98-foot-high cliff in Diamond Bay Reserve in Sydney at around 6:30am, according to police.

The tourist had been at a party in Vaucluse on Saturday night, before she and seven friends decided to head to the cliffs in the early hours on Sunday.

They are believed to have climbed a fence to sit on the edge of a cliff to watch the sunrise.

NSW Police said that emergency services, including Pol Air and the Marine Area Command, were called at 6.30am.

Madalyn?s body was found in the water four hours after the police were called.

The British backpacker had arrived in Australia from Lincoln late last year, having previously visited the likes of Thailand on her travels.?

Her death is not the first to have happened on the cliffs, which are a hotspot for tourists looking to take Instagram photos.

Last August, a 27-year-old fell to her death, with witnesses at the time telling police that she may have been taking photos.

On Sunday afternoon, Madalyn?s mother, Rebecca Smith, had desperately tried to get ahold of her daughter, posting online: ?Anyone seen Maddie? Not been able to get hold of her please get in touch if you were out with her last night.

By Monday morning, however, the parents had confirmed Madalyn ? who was described as a ?free spirit? and ?beautiful inside and out? by friends online ? had died.

Another family member wrote: ?Thank you for all your beautiful condolences for Madalyn Davis and her family ? it is an absolute tragedy to which nothing has been confirmed.?

Tributes to the backpacker flooded social media, with one person writing: ?Such a beautiful soul, you just loved living life to the fullest, you was one of the nicest people, the most beautiful! you?ll be missed soo much, you really was taken too soon.?

Police said in a statement that they are currently investigating Madalyn?s death. ?An investigation is underway. A report will be prepared for the coroner.?

Sorry not sorry but the only thing I think when someone falls to their death after doing something foolish is ?lol,? mispronounced as ?lawl? in my mind........
    Lawl.

Don’t take selfies in front of cliffs people!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I didn't get the impression she was taking a selfie. She did cross the barrier to sit on the edge, which is not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I didn't get the impression she was taking a selfie. She did cross the barrier to sit on the edge, which is not smart.
    Ok...don’t sit on the edge of cliffs people!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag42 View Post
    Sorry not sorry but the only thing I think when someone falls to their death after doing something foolish is ?lol,? mispronounced as ?lawl? in my mind........
    Lawl.
    Another pic idiot.

Plunges. I Love that word plunges. Falls is boring. LoL.

I don't know how she's considered a model. Too much makeup!
    I hope her family doesn't try to sue for her stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Evidentially, she is not the only one to try this.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.862...!7i8704!8i4352

Quote Originally Posted by luceze View Post
    Evidentially, she is not the only one to try this.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.862...!7i8704!8i4352
    Far from it. Unfortunately it looks kind of inviting beyond the fence

I know someone who used to do it on the cliff at Waverley Cemetery & it used to scare the hell out of me every time. The sitting isn't the prob, it's getting in & out your position on the edge. It's bad enough doing it sober.

It doesn't look anywhere near as high in pix as it does in real life
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information