Thread: Roman Anthony Lopez (11) found dead after going missing; police say death is suspicious

Roman Anthony Lopez (11) found dead after going missing; police say death is suspicious

https://www.kron4.com/news/californi...ead-in-norcal/

An 11-year-old Placerville boy who had been reported missing has been found dead, police said Sunday.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-25-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Rumor is the stepfather had something to do with it. And WAY more crazy rumors circulating on FB, about them stealing other people's kids and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Man ... I had to read that story like three or four times to understand it. Very confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

This is a soap opera

So many questions...
    Sutkay (neighbor) allowed Piper to home school and drive her (Sutkay's) 3 kids to doc appointments... How was Piper able to leave the state with her 3 children without her knowing?? And then, when she found out Roman she decided of all people to text Piper to only ask if her own son was ok... what about your 2 other kids?
    What a crazy situation
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    So many questions...
    Sutkay (neighbor) allowed Piper to home school and drive her (Sutkay's) 3 kids to doc appointments... How was Piper able to leave the state with her 3 children without her knowing?? And then, when she found out Roman she decided of all people to text Piper to only ask if her own son was ok... what about your 2 other kids?
    What a crazy situation
    I read she gave Piper Power of Attorney, which is insane if you ask me.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.cityofplacerville.org/me...n%20update.pdf

SUSPICIOUS DEATH INVESTIGATION UPDATE
    NEWS RELEASE
    Placerville Police Department
    Media Relations
    Office of the Chief of Police
    730 Main Street, Placerville, CA 95667
    Placerville, CA – Updated information regarding the missing juvenile from Placerville that was found
    deceased on January 11, 2020.
    The Placerville Police Department was contacted on January 11, 2020 regarding a missing 11 year old
    juvenile, Roman Lopez. After an extensive search of the area, involving multiple agencies and many
    community members, Roman was found deceased. As many are aware, we have been conducting an
    investigation into a suspicious death.
    As part of this investigation, the Placerville Police Department has been working with other law enforcement
    agencies to conduct a thorough investigation into the tragic circumstances. The other agencies include the
    El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department, El Dorado County Search and Rescue, El Dorado County District
    Attorney’s Office, Sacramento County Coroner’s Office, and the Sierra Law Enforcement Chaplaincy. The
    support and prospective offered by all these agencies has been invaluable and beneficial to the
    investigation.
    The limited information provided to the public has been essential to this case because of the
    circumstances. There is very sensitive information that if released, could jeopardize the investigation.
    Placerville Police Department continues to investigate this case as a suspicious death investigation even
    after the autopsy was completed on January 14, 2020. We do not have the pathologist’s report and will not
    be providing any further information in reference to the autopsy. We do not anticipate that report for
    another 4-6 weeks.
    Through the investigation we have learned that Lindsey and Jordan Piper recently moved to California from
    Michigan. Jordan Piper, the biological father of Roman, moved the family for a better job opportunity.
    Lindsey is not the biological mother of Roman. We have identified the biological parents of all the children
    involved in this investigation. There were 8 children living with Lindsey and Jordan at the time of this
    incident. We have their information and will be in contact with them at different stages of the investigation.
    We realize there is a considerable amount of speculation surrounding this case. We will continue to
    provide updates as the case unfolds that will not jeopardize the integrity of the investigation.
    We realize that the press and public are looking for answers and mourning the loss of Roman. The police
    department has also been affected and has been working tirelessly to complete the investigation. The
    complexity of this case will require time and patience.

So where is the father, is he really on the run? I checked the arrest logs and he hasn't been arrested...

Interview with a friend of the father:

PLACERVILLE, Calif. —
    Brian Hinton said Saturday started off as a regular workday. The electric lineman was working alongside Jordan Piper, the father of 11-year-old Roman Lopez who was found dead that night.

“Everything was normal. You wouldn’t have expected anything. It was like any other day,” Hinton said.

Advertisement
    Roman was reported missing Saturday morning. He was found dead hours later. Police said Roman’s death is suspicious and are investigating.

Investigators said Roman’s autopsy was completed Tuesday but did not release any details.

"We do not have the pathologist’s report and will not be providing any further information in reference to the autopsy," Placerville police said in a news release Thursday.

Both Hinton and Piper are from out of state. Hinton said he met Piper in October when they both started working in Placerville and became friends. Hinton said they are linemen working on a fire-hardening project to rebuild infrastructure for the electrical grid.

According to Placerville police, Piper moved from Michigan to California for work. He brought his wife Lindsay Piper, his son Roman and seven other children along with him.

Hinton said Jordan Piper and his family lived in several rentals before settling into a house on Coloma Street in Placerville after Thanksgiving. He said that foothills neighborhood is where he ended up searching after he noticed Jordan Piper left work early on Saturday around 11 a.m.

“I said, ‘Hey, where’s Jordan at?’ He said, ‘Oh, he had a family emergency. He had to run home,’” Hinton said.

About three hours later, Hinton got a text message from Jordan Piper with photos of Roman.

“That’s when he informed us, ‘My son’s missing.’ You could tell that he was upset on the phone. He had a hard time talking,” Hinton said.

Hinton met Piper at the Home Depot parking lot in Placerville to help with the search.

“His cheeks were flush. His eyes were red. You could tell that he was crying. You could tell that he was shook up,” Hinton said. “He told us that his son, they believe he ran away, that they’re certain he left between midnight and 6 a.m.”

About 40 coworkers and law enforcement teams helped search for Roman until around 10:30 p.m.

“We went over near the house and started searching on foot, knocking on doors, looking in sheds, looking in dumpsters, garages, trailers, anywhere that we thought he might be,” Hinton said.

He said the next morning he was shocked to learn that police had found Roman’s body. Hinton is now on the road heading back home to Ohio because their job in Placerville is done. Days later, he said he is unable to make sense of what happened.

“I don’t know that it’s set in. We went from having a normal day on the job to, we were going home to watch the playoffs. And next thing you know, I’m checking dumpsters and sheds and garages and walking through the woods with a flashlight looking for a missing 11-year-old kid, scared to death of what I might find,” he said.

Placerville police said Thursday they have identified the biological parents of all the children involved in the investigation and that they will be in contact with them.

Police said they are purposefully releasing few details in the case, explaining: “There is very sensitive information that if released, could jeopardize the investigation.”
    https://www.kcra.com/article/fathers...ssing/30557814

I live in this town and graduated from the high school that is around the corner from the house they were living in and the church where the body was found. I've been in that church. I'm not sure I've seen the police act quite this way with any other case. It's a small town but it's not like we never have murders or incidents up here. They usually give more information to the public. There is something to the way they worded the press release. The way they are saying it's a very sensitive and not naming a suspect but saying also saying there is no threat to the public, makes me think it involves at least one of the other 7 kids living there. Kids do stupid things all the time and sometimes with big consequences.

There is not a lot of traffic in that area. The church is a small brick building with a small parking area. It sits on the corner. There wouldn't have been anyone there on a Saturday morning. If I'd just moved into that neighborhood, that is one of the places i'd have gone to explore/play. There were 8 kids in that house and not all were related. There are so many scenarios I can imagine. From just them horsing around to playing some stupid dare game or internet challenge. I think if they did not KNOW who did it or what happened, they wouldn't say the community was safe. I think if it was an adult, they'd have no problem telling the public who it was. I think they are waiting on the pathology report to confirm what they have been told happened.

The stuff with the biological mom is interesting and strange but I don't think it has anything to do with the case other than she's his bio mom. She didn't know they'd moved. She hadn't seen him in 2 years. She was an absentee mom who willingly handed her kids over to their dad and his girlfriend. The police may not have given her any information because they would have needed to figure out who she was and if she even has parental rights.

I do know that the bio mom and some other family members will be coming here soon. One of our local families (local royalty you could say) has been posting in FB groups asking for donations of gift cards for eateries, grocery stores and gas for them to use while they are in town. I don't think they know them or have any connection. I think they were asked to help with lodging because they have the means and they also have big hearts so are trying to help in other ways too.

There have been no more updates from the Police Department. I don't expect any until they get that pathology report.

I keep wondering about this, it is close to me. It's like people just forgot....so sad. I want answers! Why is it taking so long to find out what happened?

Dad and stepmom arrested finally! I tried searching to see if I could look up their arrest to see the charges but it looks like the most recent booking log is 2/2/21.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...-piper-arrest/

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Rumor is the stepfather had something to do with it. And WAY more crazy rumors circulating on FB, about them stealing other people's kids and shit.
    links?? i wanna snoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

mds has been messing up since yesterday, btw. sorry for the double (now triple) post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    links?? i wanna snoop
    Man, I can't even remember where I read this at! It might've been a closed group, probably from TCS.

So freaking sad...with the family asking for privacy, I am going to guess suicide or OD.

PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – More tragedy has struck the family of Roman Lopez, the 11-year-old boy who was found dead in his Placerville home last year.

His father and stepmother are facing charges for abuse and neglect.

CBS13 is learning Roman’s biological mother, Rochelle Lopez, died in Wisconsin over the weekend. Her mother, Denise, tells CBS13 she plans to bury Rochelle right next to Roman at his gravesite in Wisconsin.

CBS13 spoke with Rochelle, less than 24 hours after she learned her son was found dead.

“He didn’t deserve this. I wish I could’ve been there, maybe I could’ve stopped it,” Rochelle told CBS13 in January 2020.

Rochelle visited Placerville from her home in Wisconsin for a memorial for Roman.

One year later, Roman’s father and step-mother, Jordan and Lindsay Piper, were arrested. Now they’re facing charges of abuse and neglect. Lindsay is also facing charges for poisoning.

“I got the message yesterday that she had passed…pretty rough day for everybody,” said Jessica Przybylski, a friend of Rochelle’s family.

READ MORE:
    Kids Who Lived With Roman Lopez Find Solace With Michigan Family
    She wants this community to keep “fighting for justice” for Roman, and, now, Rochelle.

“She talked about Roman all the time. She fought so hard to get him back. She was just a super-strong person. I think she was a lot stronger than she thought she was,” said Jessica.

The Placerville community is also heartbroken, learning of Rochelle’s death. Some told CBS13 they felt like they knew Rochelle and rooted for her in light of a terrible loss.

“It’s a tragedy any way you look at it,” said Brenda Atkins.

Diane Weber said, “We’re just supporting the family. We hoped things would’ve been different. We all care for him in this small town.”

Rochelle’s death coming within hours of what was expected to be a preliminary hearing for Lindsay and Jordan Piper.

Their next court appearance is now later this month.

If their case goes to trial, Rochelle’s mother Denise tells CBS13, her family will be present in Placerville.
    https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...-in-wisconsin/

https://www.kmov.com/news/horrific-d...29c1627bc.html

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) The father and stepmother of an 11-year-old boy who was found dead in Northern California a year ago have been arrested in his death and are accused of torturing and poisoning the child, authorities announced Thursday.

Jordan Piper, 36, and Lindsay Piper, 38, were arrested Wednesday and are facing child abuse, poisoning and torture charges in the death of Roman Anthony Lopez, Placerville Police Chief Joseph Wren said.

"Although an autopsy revealed no obvious signs of trauma, Roman was found to be severely malnourished and dehydrated at the time of his death," Wren said.

Jordan Piper is charged with an additional count of willfully failing to provide food and water to the boy. Lindsay Piper is charged with a separate count of poisoning, Wren said.

Wren said he couldn't give more details on the abuse Roman endured because the investigation is ongoing.

"I can tell you we have evidence that proves each of the crimes beyond a reasonable doubt that they were arrested for," he said.

The Pipers were arrested in Calaveras County and have been booked into El Dorado County jail in Placerville. It wasn't immediately clear if they have an attorney who can speak on their behalf.

Their arrests come after an extensive investigation involving several social services and other government agencies who Wren said had contacted the Pipers, who moved often.

At the time of Roman's death, the Pipers were caring for seven other children. Three of the children were not related to the Pipers and are back with their biological family and another three were placed with Child Protective Services. One of the children is now 18, Wren said.

Roman was found dead hours after being reported missing from his Placerville home on Jan. 11, 2020. Police said his death was being investigated as suspicious but provided no other information about suspects, the boy's death or where in the community 44 miles (71 kilometers) east of Sacramento his body had been found.

Wren said the boy was found inside a storage bin in the basement of the Piper's home and that no details surrounding the boy's death had been made public until Thursday to protect the investigation.

"This is a horrific crime that rocked the community," he said, his voice breaking at times. "The death of a child affects us all."

The Pipers told the Sacramento Bee in an interview after the boy's body was found that they had searched for him but but could not find him.

"We have no idea what happened, where they found him, what the autopsy report said, if that's even done, any suspects, nothing," Jordan Piper said at the time. "We have nothing."

Copyright 2021 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved
    Last edited by nclexusgirl; 04-06-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Finally!

Thread Information