Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Harley Dilly (14) was found dead in the wall of an abandoned house after cliimbing down the chimney and getting stuck

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    There was about a 40+ hour gap between him leaving the house Friday morning (caught on video) and his parents reporting him missing late Saturday. He was dead before anyone started searching, no doubt.

I remember in the KJ case, experts said he would've been unconscious within an hour, so I'm betting that's the case here, too.

There were no signs of forced entry on that house, so I'm not surprised LE didn't think he was there. I'm also not surprised no one heard anything ... he was encased in brick on a very tall house with a big yard, and, if he couldn't breathe well, he wouldn't be able to scream loud, either.
    Probably longer if he wasn't upside-down

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Probably longer if he wasn't upside-down
    I thought they said he went in head first. I'm not sure.

Either way, he died of compressive asphyxia. He didn't make it long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Omg, this is horrendous. He was so close.

Harley Dilly: Body of teenager found trapped in chimney weeks after disappearing

The body of a 14-year-old boy in Ohio who has been missing since 20 December was found trapped inside a chimney in a vacant house near his family's home.

Police discovered Harley Dilly's glasses and maroon jacket on the second floor of the house near a brick chimney. His body was found inside the chimney, which was no bigger than 9 inches by 13 inches between the roof and the second floor.

The chimney was blocked between the first and second floors, trapping Harley between the roof and the second floor.

His death appears to be an accident, according to police. No cause of death has been determined, and an autopsy is being performed by the Lucas County Coroner's Office.

The family was notified on Tuesday morning.

Port Clinton Police Chief Robert J Hickman held back tears during a Tuesday press conference announcing the child's discovery.

"I promised I would not break down today", he said. "It's not the outcome we wanted. The family has closure."

The house was checked "multiple times" during canvassing in the search for the teenager but police did not go inside because there was no sign of forced entry, Chief Hickman said.

Windows were locked, the door was secured and there was an unopened lock-box on the rear door, according to police.

Chief Hickman said the owners of the house are remodelling the property and have used it only as a summer home.

Police believe Harley used an antenna tower to get to the roof, then he climbed into the chimney.

Isn?t there another famous case where this exact thing happened?

People actually think he was murdered then stuffed in the chimney

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah this case is really bringing out the nuts. Majorly.
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

I?m not part of any of the fb groups about Harley-what?s this shit I?m reading about the family criticizing the public for not helping out enough financially?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I?m not part of any of the fb groups about Harley-what?s this shit I?m reading about the family criticizing the public for not helping out enough financially?
    What happened to taking care of your own family? And people are helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    What happened to taking care of your own family? And people are helping out.
    A ton of people and agencies helped look for him, and people are still helping them out. I’m wondering if this is just a rumor (read about it on webslueths).

I swear to god if they try to sue the homeowner I will lose my shit.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I'm following it all very closely, and I haven't seen anything from the family criticizing the public for not helping financially. They also haven't said anything about suing the homeowner, but the crazy cunts in that toxic Facebook group have.

The mother and sister have both placed blame on the school, though, because the school only called the mom one time to tell her Harley wasn't at school, but she didn't answer, and her voicemail was full. They seem to think the school should have called every single person on Harley's emergency contact list until they got a hold of somebody ... which is ridiculous. How about deleting some of your voicemails, genius? I hope they're not angling for a lawsuit against the school district. Maybe after they have some time to calm down, they'll realize it's not the school's fault.

I'm following it all very closely, and I haven't seen anything from the family criticizing the public for not helping financially. They also haven't said anything about suing the homeowner, but the crazy cunts in that toxic Facebook group have.

The mother and sister have both placed blame on the school, though, because the school only called the mom one time to tell her Harley wasn't at school, but she didn't answer, and her voicemail was full. They seem to think the school should have called every single person on Harley's emergency contact list until they got a hold of somebody ... which is ridiculous. How about deleting some of your voicemails, genius? I hope they're not angling for a lawsuit against the school district. Maybe after they have some time to calm down, they'll realize it's not the school's fault.
    I know they have to be devastated right now, but I hope they can realize that this isn't really anyone else's fault. It's just a horrible accident.

Yeah this case is really bringing out the nuts. Majorly.
    I read the websleuths thread for Harley and it was a good re

Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    I read the websleuths thread for Harley and it was a good re
    reading websleuths was a good reminder that nobody should take that site seriously...ever . Those fruitcakes are a collective of batshit crazy battleaxes who have done more harm than good for the true crime community.

Yeah I probably shouldn?t take anything I read over there seriously. They are all talking massive shit about Harley?s mom.

I thought the blaming of the school over the missed call was dumb too. Is she not familiar with the schools number? Would it not show up as a missed call? It?s not their fault her vm was full.

There are protesters outside the home of the accident. I can?t link the video because I can?t find it-they are saying he couldn?t fit down the chimney and a bloody sledgehammer was found in the parents garage? Obviously they are nutzo but I don?t know what they think they will accomplish?

I'm so confused about his jacket and glasses being found on the 2nd floor "near the fireplace" yet they are saying he climbed up an antenna on the exterior of the house to go down the chimney.

Did he throw his jacket and glasses down the chimney before climbing in??

Did he sneak in the house early in the morning of the 20th and run outside to avoid getting caught inside by someone working on the house leaving his coat and glasses behind - which could be a reason he would need to enter the secured house via the chimney??

Or am I missing something??
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I read his coat and glasses went out the flue.

There are protesters outside the home of the accident. I can?t link the video because I can?t find it-they are saying he couldn?t fit down the chimney and a bloody sledgehammer was found in the parents garage? Obviously they are nutzo but I don?t know what they think they will accomplish?
    Here's a Plunder video discussing it

Interview with house owners' son

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    I'm so confused about his jacket and glasses being found on the 2nd floor "near the fireplace" yet they are saying he climbed up an antenna on the exterior of the house to go down the chimney.

Did he throw his jacket and glasses down the chimney before climbing in??

Did he sneak in the house early in the morning of the 20th and run outside to avoid getting caught inside by someone working on the house leaving his coat and glasses behind - which could be a reason he would need to enter the secured house via the chimney??

Or am I missing something??

The home doesn't have fireplaces. The chimney was a vent for a gas/coal/wood-burning stove. There is an 8-inch diameter flue opening in the wall on the second floor ... the kind you might attach a stove pipe to.

The chimney was blocked off between the first and second floors at some point. So he got stuck on the second floor and pushed his coat and glasses out through that hole, possibly hoping someone would see them and find him. They were found on the floor just beneath the flue.

Police did check the exterior of the house, but it was locked up tight, no signs of forced entry, and they couldn't see what was on the second floor. No one had been inside the house since November.

No one is sure at this point if he took his jacket off because it was bulky and tossed it in ahead of himself, or if he entered the chimney with his hands above his head and was able too wriggle out of it while in the chimney ... or whatever.

Personally, I think he dropped his jacket down before going in to make himself less ?bulky? and to see if the coat went all the way down and out of the chimney bottom.

What?s sad is even if he made it all the way down he wouldn?t have been able to get out.

I don?t mean to sound gross, but wouldn?t the jacket be covered in ?fluids? from his decomposing body ? The fluid would run down the chimney and out of the flue, like his jacket did.

Those assholes over at WS are deleting my posts for no god damn reason. Assholes

Personally, I think he dropped his jacket down before going in to make himself less ?bulky? and to see if the coat went all the way down and out of the chimney bottom.

What?s sad is even if he made it all the way down he wouldn?t have been able to get out.

I don?t mean to sound gross, but wouldn?t the jacket be covered in ?fluids? from his decomposing body ? The fluid would run down the chimney and out of the flue, like his jacket did.

Those assholes over at WS are deleting my posts for no god damn reason. Assholes

We don't really know where on the wall the flue opening was positioned. Some are really high, almost to the ceiling, and some are lower. It's possible he got stuck below the flue, or at least partly below the flue, so I think any fluids would've settled at the bottom of the chimney pipe (where it was blocked off between floors). I hope that makes sense.

That makes sense TOH. Do you know if he went head first? I can?t find it anywhere what position he was in.

And for the record I didn?t cuss, diss the victims family, or talk about anything that wasn?t on msm. So they are dumb for deleting my posts.

That makes sense TOH. Do you know if he went head first? I can?t find it anywhere what position he was in.

And for the record I didn?t cuss, diss the victims family, or talk about anything that wasn?t on msm. So they are dumb for deleting my posts.

Oh stop, you know you were being bad on Websleuths.

Still no word about which way he went in. At first, I didn't totally understand the whole chimney situation, so I thought he had to have gone head first for his stuff to end up on the floor. Now I think it's more likely he went feet-first ... because it seems crazy to go head-first, in the dark, when you think you're dropping two stories into fireplace. Then again, going down a chimney at all is pretty crazy, so ...

Thread Information