Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tylee Ryan (17) & Joshua Vallow (7) missing from Rexburg Idaho since 9/23/19

Tylee Ryan (17) & Joshua Vallow (7) missing from Rexburg Idaho since 9/23/19

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...an/2760105001/

Two missing children who have captured national attention since disappearing in Idaho may be tied to ongoing police investigations in Arizona.

Tylee Ryan, 17, and Joshua Vallow, 7, were last seen in Rexburg, Idaho, on Sept. 23. Rexburg police are investigating the disappearance of the children, with the assistance of the FBI.

The children's mother, Lori Vallow, and her current husband, Chad Daybell, are not cooperating with police. They both previously were married to people whose deaths are under investigation.

In social media posts and media interviews, family and friends of the couple have described Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell's religious beliefs as cult-like and troubling, saying they spoke frequently of the end of the world.

Here's how the case ties to Arizona: Vallow's estranged former husband, Charles Vallow, was killed in Chandler in July. Charles Vallow, 62, came from Texas to visit Lori Vallow and their children. But after he arrived to pick up his son, Charles and Lori Vallow started arguing.

Lori Vallow's brother, Alex Cox, intervened and killed Charles Vallow, police said at the time.

The investigation into Charles Vallow's death is ongoing, Detective Seth Tyler of the Chandler Police Department said Friday.

This month, on Dec. 12, Cox himself died. The cause of death is unknown at this time, Gilbert Police Officer Dani Covey told The Arizona Republic on Friday. The investigation is pending the results of an autopsy, which could take a few weeks or months, Covey said.

It's not known how or if the two cases relate directly to the two missing children.

But it appears the children lived, at least for a time, in Arizona. And, when initially questioned about Joshua Vallow's whereabouts, Rexburg police were told he was staying with a family friend in Arizona, which ended up being false.

Rexburg police said on Facebook that Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell are "wanted for questioning in connection with the disappearance of Vallow?s children," although they have not been called suspects and no charges have been filed.

Sean Bartholick, an Idaho-based attorney for Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell, issued a statement to some media outlets saying Chad Daybell was a "loving husband and has the support of his children in this matter."

"Lori Daybell is a devoted mother and resents assertions to the contrary," the statement said, as reported by the East Idaho News. "We look forward to addressing the allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor.?
    Post by RexburgPolice.

What Rexburg is investigating

On Dec. 20, the Rexburg Police Department in Rexburg, Idaho, posted on Facebook that it, along with the Fremont County (Idaho) Sheriff's Office and the assistance of the FBI, was investigating possible ties between the two missing children and the death of a Fremont County woman.

The woman, Tammy Daybell, was Chad Daybell's wife. She died in her home on Oct. 19 at age 49.

Rexburg police investigators determined that Chad Daybell married Lori Vallow weeks after Tammy Daybell's death, police said in the statement.

At the time, Tammy Daybell's death was believed to be natural, Rexburg police said. But on further investigation, it was determined by the Sheriff's Office that it may be suspicious.

Tammy Daybell's remains were exhumed on Dec. 11 and an autopsy was conducted, the news release says.

On Nov. 26, Rexburg police tried to do a welfare check on Joshua Vallow, who is adopted and has special needs, at Lori Vallow's home.

Family from outside Idaho had not been able to speak to Joshua since September and were concerned, police said.

Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell told investigators at that time that Joshua Vallow was staying with a family friend in Arizona, which was not true.

On Nov. 27, Rexburg police searched locations associated with Lori Vallow in an attempt to find Joshua. During these searches, investigators discovered Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell had "abruptly vacated" their home and left town, police said.

Joshua did not appear to be with them, police said. He last attended school in Rexburg on Sept. 23. Tylee Ryan, Lori's 17-year-old daughter, also has not been seen or heard from since September, police said. Investigators contacted extended family members, none of whom had been in contact with the children since September. The children had not been reported missing.

Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow have not cooperated with police, Rexburg police said.

Two of Lori Vallow's previous husbands died in the past two years.

Joseph Ryan died in 2018 in Gilbert of an apparent heart attack, Fox 10 reported.

And Charles Vallow died in July in Chandler.
    Focused on end of the world?

Friends and family members have spoken out in the media with their concerns over Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell's religious beliefs and focus on the end of the world.

A Facebook post by Kay Woodcock, Joshua's grandmother, says Lori was a "wonderful, loving, attentive mother" until things started changing in the past 18 months because of her involvement with a new religious group, which Woodcock called a "cult."
    Post by kay.v.woodcock.

Chad Daybell, who says on his website that he is Latter-day Saint, has written and self-published more than 25 books, some of which focus on near-death experiences, including Daybell's own. Other books fictionalize the end of the world.

Both Daybell and Vallow were involved in an organization called "Preparing A People," which has said it is "not a 'group' and is not a 'Cult' or something people join" in a posted statement on its website.

Daybell spoke at Preparing A People events and he, along with Vallow, appeared on associated podcasts.

"In light of concerning media reports and ongoing criminal investigations regarding the recent death of Lori Vallow's previous husband in Arizona, and the sudden death of Mr. Daybell's previous wife in Idaho, along with the unknown whereabouts of Chad and Lori, we feel it inappropriate to represent or promote any media content that featured or contained references to either Chad Daybell or Lori Vallow," Preparing A People said in its statement.

Joshua has brown hair and brown eyes and is 4 feet tall. He sometimes goes by the nickname "J.J." Tylee has blond hair and blue eyes and is 5 feet tall.

Anyone with information about the children or the situation is asked to contact Rexburg police at 1-208-359-3000 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST.

So Lori and Chad killed their exes (Lori could have killed more than 1), their kids and then they left town.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So Lori and Chad killed their exes (Lori could have killed more than 1), their kids and then they left town.
    This whole story is insane!! Former spouses dead. Brother who offed Lori's spouse? Dead.

I don't have a good feeling about these poor kids, either. Ugh.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    This whole story is insane!! Former spouses dead. Brother who offed Lori's spouse? Dead.

I don't have a good feeling about these poor kids, either. Ugh.

Unreal.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Good Lord, this case has a little bit of everything: missing children, 3 dead spouses, dead sibling, an affair, and a Doomsday cult thrown in for good measure!

And all of this happened in 18 months?! She went from "loving, wonderful, attentive mother" to this in 18 months??? I can't even begin to imagine what is going through her head, how this happened. I hope they are found quickly and pray the children are safe but like NQ, I don't have a good feeling about this.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

This is insane and would make for a good movie.

Those kids are dead, of that I have no doubt.
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

Wowee this is crazy. I wonder if they will be found dead or alive.

Does anyone know his dooms day prediction date?

https://fox13now.com/2019/12/30/rexb...-to-cooperate/

Police have released additional information on the search for two missing children out of Rexburg, Idaho.

In a press release sent out Monday, the Rexburg Police Department stated that investigators know 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan are not with their mother and her new husband, but they believe the mother knows where they are or what happened to them.

But Lori Daybell (formerly Vallow) is not cooperating with their investigation into her children’s whereabouts, police said, adding that she and her husband Chad Daybell have lied about certain aspects.

“We are aware that in the weeks after Tammy Daybell’s death, Lori Vallow/Daybell and Chad Daybell told witnesses that Lori’s daughter had died a year before the death of her father, which is untrue,” the statement read. “Around that same time Chad told another witness that Lori had no minor children.”

Police say they still believe the children’s lives are in danger and that the number one priority remains finding them. They also responded to a common inquiry of why charges have not been filed:

“Our primary concern at this point is simply locating Joshua and Tylee,” Rexburg Police wrote. “Charging decisions will be made in due course based upon the evidence available. If we find that harm was done to these children within our jurisdiction, we will prosecute whoever caused that harm.”

No shit the mother knows what happened to them. Why would the police think the kids were still alive? They toldpeople the kids were gone.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    Wowee this is crazy. I wonder if they will be found dead or alive.

Does anyone know his dooms day prediction date?
    I just wanna add that by 'they' I mean the parents. I'm sure they killed the kids.

What a nutty story good lord. You could write a book about this one. Like everyone else, I don?t have a good feeling about the kids being alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    No shit the mother knows what happened to them. Why would the police think the kids were still alive? They toldpeople the kids were gone.
    See, I wonder if they are alive and they gave them to the cult or someone else for nefarious purposes, and they want the police to think they are dead.

https://fox13now.com/2019/12/30/miss...ren-continues/

An actress and a filmmaker who said they had been working with Chad Daybell are now sharing their experience with the author after finding out he's been implicated in the disappearance of his stepchildren.

Rexburg, Idaho Police said Monday they are still searching for 7-year old Joshua "JJ" Vallow and 17-year old Tylee Ryan, and they've run down every lead and carried out a number of search warrants in an attempt to locate the children.

They said the children's mother and stepfather Lori and Chad Daybell, continue refusing to cooperate with police. Police believe the couple has left Idaho, and are on the run.

For Valentina Yingling and Devin K. Hansen, it's shocking to see the news about Chad.

Valentina is the face on the cover of Chad's book, "Chasing Paradise." It took her by surprise when earlier this year her family saw Valentina's picture in the bookstore.

"They’re like, 'Hey is this you? Or do you have a twin?' I’m like, 'No, that’s me… where did you find that picture?'" Valentina said, of her confusion on why her picture was on this book.

She said it was a stock photo from a photoshoot she had done. Valentina explained she reached out to Chad, upon realizing the main character in the book shared similarities to her own life and family.

From there, the suggestion was thrown out to turn the book into a movie, with Valentina portraying the main character.

That led to a meeting in May, when Valentina said Chad came down from Idaho to West Jordan, to meet up with herself and local filmmaker Devin K. Hansen.

"He talked about how he was really interested in afterlife, and things like that," Valentina said. "That’s what his book is about."

Valentina and Devin described how they kept in touch with Chad after the meeting, tossing ideas back-and-forth, and sending Chad scripts to look over.

Things seemed normal, they indicated, until a few months ago when Chad went silent.

"September was the last time that we got a response from him at all," Valentina said.

She said he didn't reply to messages after that.

Devin pulled out his phone to look up the last text.

"He said, 'Thanks so much.' This was on Monday, September 23 of 2019," Devin said.

September 23rd is the exact day Rexburg Police said Lori Daybell's adopted son Joshua and daughter Tylee were last heard from.

The next thing Valentina and Devin heard, Chad's wife Tammy had died in October. Condolence messages to him were never returned, they explained.

Now they're hearing that Chad and his new wife Lori are hiding from law enforcement, and won't tell police what happened to the two children.

Rexburg Police said after Tammy's death, Lori claimed her daughter had died some time ago -- which wasn't true. They also said Chad told people that Lori didn't have any minor children.

Police said Monday they think Lori knows where the children are and what happened to them, and that the couple isn't actually with the children. They publicly called on Chad and Lori to "do the right thing" and come forward with what they know about Joshua and Tylee.

Devin and Valentina are in disbelief. They even tried to call Chad a few days ago, but said he didn't answer.

"It was just kind of crazy," she said. "Unexpected."

Devin said he is in shock. The movie has been called off.

Because this case didn't have enough drama...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mother-of...tempted-murder

One of the relatives of the Idaho mom whose two children are missing was the victim of a murder attempt that may be tied to the kids’ mysterious disappearance, according to a new report.

Brandon Boudreaux believes the radical doomsday cult that relative Lori Vallow Daybell joined is behind the children’s disappearance, as well as a drive-by shooting outside his home in Gilbert, Ariz., AZ Central reported.

Boudreaux was married to Daybell’s niece, Melani, who was also recruited to the group known as Preparing a People.

He said that Melani demanded a divorce soon after she started spending more time with Daybell and the religious group, which describes itself as preparing people for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

“I just don’t know how people can get so wrapped up that they can end up in this space where these people are. It’s just so radical, so different,” Boudreaux said.

Before the divorce was settled, Boudreaux was returning from the gym in October when someone fired at the driver’s side window of his car, the outlet said.

The shooter fled the scene and the investigation into the episode is ongoing, AZ Central reported.

https://fox13now.com/2020/01/01/atto...en-in-rexburg/

Law enforcement agencies across the country are trying to remain hopeful that two children who have been missing from Rexburg, Idaho since September can be found alive.

Officers with the Rexburg Police Department said they “strongly believe” seven-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and his sister, 17-year-old Tylee Ryan, are in serious danger as their mother and new stepfather refuse to cooperate with the investigation.

Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow continue to be labeled as “persons of interest,” not suspects in the case. Investigators said the newlyweds initially lied about the location of the missing children and then fled from Idaho. They never reported the children as missing.

Greg Skordas, a defense attorney and former prosecutor not involved in the case, said he is becoming increasingly discouraged that the children will be found alive. He believes police have enough evidence to arrest Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow – but are strategically choosing not to do so at this time.

“Hopefully we will (find the children alive), but it seems more and more doubtful every day,” Skordas said. “The mother said that her daughter had died a year earlier, which is clearly not true. The stepfather said that she didn’t have any children at all, which was clearly not true… I know a lot of people are frustrated. They might say, ‘Well she’s not cooperating! That’s a crime all by itself!’ It absolutely is, but it’s not the crime that these agencies are trying to solve… They could probably file immediately obstruction of justice charges, but I think they’re waiting until they have enough evidence to file homicide charges, and that would be horrible.”

Family members told FOX 13 they believe Lori Vallow joined a religious cult with her new husband. Chad Daybell is an author known for writing religious books about the end of the world.

Lori Vallow sometimes participated in podcasts with Chad Daybell on the “Preparing a People Podcast Network.” Many of the podcasts have since been removed from the website.

“I don’t know what happened to those kids, but I know there’s people who do, and they’re not talking,” said family member Brandon Boudreaux. “I love them both. I hope they’re safe. They’re both just innocent and they didn’t deserve to be involved in any of this.”

“There are a lot of very freakish cults in our country right now. (Police) maybe looking at writings or things that they find about this religion and things that the stepfather has written himself to try to say he was headed in a certain direction,” Skordas said. “Maybe he even prophesized about something like this.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/us/id...ant/index.html

Law enforcement officers investigating the disappearance of two missing Idaho siblings executed a search warrant Friday at a home owned by the children's stepfather.
    Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries told CNN that multiple agencies, including the FBI, arrived at the Rexburg, Idaho, home of Chad Daybell on Friday morning to serve warrants linked to the missing children and "suspicious death cases."
    It's unclear what led authorities to obtain the warrants.

https://fox13now.com/2020/01/04/cour...second-coming/

Court documents: Mother of missing Rexburg children believes she is a reincarnated God chosen for Christ’s second coming

According to court documents obtained by FOX 13, Charles Vallow wanted to divorce Lori Vallow because of her newfound religious beliefs. Months before he died, Charles Vallow had serious concerns about the kids’ wellbeing.

The following is an excerpt from court documents filed by Charles Vallow’s attorney on February 15, 2019.

“Mother [Lori Vallow] has recently become infatuated at times obsessive about near death experiences and spiritual visions. Mother has told Father [Charles Vallow] that she is sealed [eternally married] to the ancient Book of Mormon prophet Moroni and that she has lived numerous lives on numerous planets prior to this current life. Mother also believes that she was married to James the Just in a past life and also lived as Mary French in the 1800s who was Joseph Smith Junior’s natural grandmother. Mother also informed Father that she is a translated being who cannot taste death sent by God to lead the 144,000 into the Millennium. Mother believes that she is receiving spiritual revelations and visions to help her gather and prepare those chosen to live in the New Jerusalem after the Great War as prophesied in the book of Revelations.”

“On January 29, 2019, during a phone conversation between the parties and after their physical separation, Mother informed Father that she was a God assigned to carry out the work of the 144,000 at Christ’s second coming in July 2020 and that if Father got in her way of her mission she would murder him.”
    https://www.kmvt.com/content/news/LA...566724111.html

Investigators searched a home near Rexburg, Idaho looking for clues in the case of two missing kids — a case drawing national attention, which has gone from unusual to sad.

“So right now, we have the FBI, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office, and the Rexburg police department all here at the house,” Eric Grossarth, a reporter for East Idaho News told 2News. “There are new themes added to this story every day.”

On Friday, Grossarth watched as investigators went into the house and a small red barn on the same property.

“Who lived in the home?” 2News asked.

“This is the home where Chad Daybell lived with his (previous) wife Tammy Daybell, who died on October 19th,” Grossarth replied.

The local coroner determined Tammy’s death was from natural causes, but investigators have suspicions, and recently exhumed her body from a cemetery in Springville, Utah for an autopsy. Coroners in Idaho are elected, and may or may not have medical training.

The local sheriff would not specify what was found in the latest search, but described it as “evidence” and “primarily about Tammy."

“The evidence collected today will be sent off for examination by experts,” said Sheriff Len Humphries of Fremont County, Idaho, adding it could take months to process.

Meantime, the Salt Lake FBI office confirmed it’s now on the case.

“We are offering investigative, forensic and technical assistance in Idaho and Utah,” said Sandra Yi Barker, local FBI spokeswoman. “Our victim specialist has also been made available to the families of Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan.”

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    See, I wonder if they are alive and they gave them to the cult or someone else for nefarious purposes, and they want the police to think they are dead.
    Exactly what I thought. Human trafficking is big business.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

https://nypost.com/2020/01/08/missin...ter-vanishing/

The missing Idaho teen whose doomsday-obsessed mom hasn’t been cooperating in the search texted a pal that she missed them over a month after her vanishing, according to a report.

Tylee Ryan, 17, responded to text messages from the friend on Oct. 25, more than a month after she was last seen in Rexburg, the Rexburg Standard Journal reported. The exchange is considered the missing teen’s last known communication, the report said.

Her friend, who didn’t want to be identified, said that she had reached out to Ryan on Oct. 19 to say that she missed her and had been thinking about her, according to the outlet.

Six days later, she received a message from Ryan’s phone saying, “hi. miss you guys too …luv ya.”

Ryan’s friend said she never mentioned her mother’s association with the cult-like group, Preparing a People, and the reports seemed like they “came out of the blue.”

The pal said she’s now questioning whether Ryan was the one who sent the text message from her phone in October.

“She [usually] spelled out her words for the most part,” the friend told the newspaper. “Plus, she would have texted more if I reached out.”

I am thinking someone else sent that text. Her mom maybe?

Yeah, she did not send that text.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/id...ound-in-hawaii

The mother and step-father of two missing children from Arizona were reportedly contacted by police at a resort in Hawaii Sunday after months of searching for the couple.

According to a statement obtained by FOX 10's Justin Lum from Idaho authorities, a child protection action has been filed on behalf of Joshua "JJ" Vallow and Tylee Ryan, and a court has ordered Lori to physically produce the two children to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in Rexburg within five days of being served with the order.

The order, according to the statement, was served to Vallow in Princeville, which is located on the Island of Kauai in Hawaii, on January 25 by the Kauai Police Department. Daybell was with her when the order was served.

Authorities say if Vallow fails to physically produce the JJ and Tylee within the time period, she may be subjected to civil or criminal comtempt of court.

Officials say child protection actions are normally confidential and sealed to protect the annonymity of the parties, but the Madison County Prosecutor's Office has received a court order on the case to unseal and disclose various aspects of the order.

Authorities in Idaho and Hawaii say Kauai Police served a search warrant on the vehicle and persons of Daybell and Vallow on January 26. The missing children, JJ and Tylee were not with them.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/video-...-storage-unit/

The doomsday-obsessed mom of two missing Idaho kids visited a storage unit full of toys and other belongings nearly a dozen times in less than two months, a new report said.

Lori Vallow, 46, and a man believed to be her brother are seen on surveillance footage making 10 trips to the Rexburg, Idaho, storage space — both together and individually — between October and November, KTVB-TV in Boise reported Tuesday.
    see also
    'Doomsday cult' mom of missing kids believes she's a god: court docs

During one October visit, Vallow and the man presumed to be Alex Cox remove a heavy duffel bag and a car tire and load it into a waiting vehicle, the footage shows.

Vallow rented the 10-by-10 unit at Self Storage Plus on Oct. 1 — after her children, Tylee Ryan, 17, and Joshua Vallow, 7, disappeared in September — according to a contract reviewed by EastIdahoNews.com. She last visited the unit with the man on Nov. 24.

Idaho investigators served a search warrant for Vallow’s home on Nov. 27, three days after her last visit to the storage unit, and obtained a warrant to search her storage unit.

Inside they found bicycles, sports equipment, a backpack with Joshua’s initials, photos of the missing children and several other items.

The storage company then called the cops in January, after Vallow’s credit card was declined numerous times, EastIdahoNews.com reports. However, workers told the publication that officers have not returned since the end of November.
    The couple was served with a court order demanding proof that the children are safe, but they have largely ignored the order — and still aren’t facing criminal charges.

“To fail to obey a court order to produce the children is typically a contempt of court in a civil nature and not a crime in Idaho,” former Idaho Attorney General Dave Leroy told KTVB. “However, there is a statute in Idaho that makes woeful disobedience of a court a potential misdemeanor.”

Give them life without parole. Poor kids. Cops must be getting all their ducks in a row before filing charges

Quote Originally Posted by DreamAgain View Post
    I am thinking someone else sent that text. Her mom maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Yeah, she did not send that text.
    https://kutv.com/news/local/cellphon...ther-in-hawaii

A cellphone belonging to missing Idaho teen Tylee Ryan was found in her mother's possession, CBS News reports.

CBS News reports that Ryan's phone has been used several times after her disappearance, but it's unknown who has been using it.

A text was reportedly sent from Ryan's phone to a worried friend on Oct. 25, 2019, more than a month after she went missing: "hi. missing you guys too... luv ya." The recipient said the text didn't sound like Ryan.

Also in October, two small Venmo payments were reportedly sent from Ryan's account to a family member.

Lori Vallow and Daybell left Idaho shortly after a welfare check on their home in November.

Recently released surveillance footage shows Lori Vallow and two men putting items in an Idaho storage unit before she left for Hawaii.

East Idaho News reports that most of the items inside the unit were for children, expect a few adult winter hats.

Lori Vallow was served a child protective order in January, requiring her to bring her two children to Rexburg. She defied the order and it's unclear if a judge will her in contempt of court.

Thread Information