Thread: Runner Who Smacked TV News Reporter's Butt Arrested, Faces Sexual Battery Charge

Runner Who Smacked TV News Reporter's Butt Arrested, Faces Sexual Battery Charge

How the fuck do you "correct the situation". What a piece of shit!

https://nypost.com/2019/12/10/runner...gIMShd0CmwidAE

Runner who slapped reporter’s butt on live TV identified as youth minister

The runner who slapped a TV reporter’s behind is a local youth minister who claims he wants to “correct the situation” — while the journalist on the receiving end of his hand says he “hurt me, both physically and emotionally.”

Tommy Callaway was identified as the Savannah, Ga., 10K racer who slapped WSAV-TV anchor Alex Bozarjian, after online sleuths found him thanks to his race number shown in other photos.

Callaway is a youth group leader at his church, Pittman Park UMC, as well as a Boy Scout leader, according to Heavy, based on social media sites that he quickly took down as he was outed and banned from future races.

His lawyer, Joseph Turner, called him a “loving husband and father who is very active in his community” and local church, insisting he was “working with those involved to correct the situation.”

“While we regret the situation, Mr. Callaway did not act with any criminal intentions,” Turner said in a statement.

Speaking on CBS TV’s “This Morning” on Tuesday, Bozarjian confirmed that Callaway “did try to make contact ” with her to say that “his intentions were not to hurt me, he didn’t intend to do it.

“I’m not going to really debate that — because he did hurt me,” she insisted of the slap that she said had a “heavy impact.”

“He separates himself from the runners, and he kind of winds up. And he hit me hard,” she said.

“He helped himself to a part of my body,” she added, saying it left her in “disbelief” and “inundated with some female guilt” because of some of the harsh online comments suggesting she was at fault.

“It’s not OK to help yourself to a woman’s body just because you feel like it. It’s not playful. He hurt me, both physically and emotionally,” Bozarjian said.

While Callaway’s lawyer said they “do not expect any criminal charges,” Bozarjian said she filed a police report and is leaving it up to officers.

“I think what is most important here is he took my power, and I’m trying to take that back,” she said. “I want to take my time with that.”

Savannah police did not immediately return requests for comment.
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/tommy...zarjian-video/

Callaway, 43, of Statesboro, Georgia, was identified by social media users through his runner’s bib number after a clip of the incident was posted on Twitter by a viewer. While many have called for Callaway to be charged with sexual assault or battery, Savannah Police say it will be up to Bozarjian if she wants to file criminal charges. Callaway was taking part in the Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run on Saturday, December 7, 2019, hosted by the Savannah Sports Council. He was competing in the “Double Pump,” by running both the 5K and the 10K portions of the event.
    Callaway, who is married with daughters, works as a salesman and is involved in his church’s youth group, has locked down many of his social media profiles after being identified as the man in the video. He issued a statement on December 9 through his attorney, Joseph Turner, of the Savannah-based The Turner Firm. The statement from Turner said, “While we regret the situation, Mr. Callaway did not act with any criminal intentions. Tommy is a loving husband and father who is very active in his community. We have been in touch with WSAV and representatives for Ms. Alex Bozarjian, as well as members of Savannah law enforcement. We do not expect any criminal charges to arise from this incident, and we are working with those involved to correct the situation.”
    Callaway, whose full name is Thomas Reuben Callaway, was identified using a photo of his bib number taken during another part of the race.

Callaway told Inside Edition on December 10, “ “I was caught up in the moment. I was getting ready to bring my hands up and wave to the camera to the audience, there was a misjudge in character and decision-making. I touched her back; I did not know exactly where I touched her.”

Callaway added, “I totally agree 100 percent with her statement and the two most important words were her last two words, ‘do better.’ And that’s my intention. I did not see her facial reaction as I just kept on running. If I did see her facial reaction, I would have felt embarrassed and ashamed and stopped and turned around to apologize to her.”

The Savannah Sports Council issued a statement about the incident saying, ” Yesterday at the Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run a reporter from WSAV was inappropriately touched by a registered participant of the event. Our title sponsor, Enmarket and the Savannah Sports Council take this matter extremely seriously and fully condemn this individual’s actions.”

The council added, “Yesterday afternoon we identified him and shared his information with the reporter and her station. We will not tolerate behavior like this at a Savannah Sports Council event. We have made the decision to ban this individual from registering for all Savannah Sports Council owned races.”

Robert Wells, the director of the Savannah Sports Council, tweeted, “This will not be tolerated at our events. Glad we have race bibs and photos for easy identification. Alex, what happened today is 100% unacceptable. You have my assurance we will identify him.”
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-11-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Female TV reporter seeks criminal charges against man who slapped her backside on camera

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...apped-n1099711

A TV news reporter who was covering a road race in Georgia when she was slapped on the backside by a runner is seeking criminal charges against the man she said "violated" her.

Alex Bozarjian filed a sexual battery report with the Savannah Police Department on Monday, saying she wanted the department to pursue charges against the man, identified as Thomas Callaway. The department told NBC News on Wednesday that a detective has been assigned and the matter is under investigation.
    Savannah Sports Council, which sponsored the Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run, said Callaway would be banned from all future races.

Callaway told WSAV that he accepts the ban, and he is sorry, the outlet reported.

“I’m thankful for this opportunity to share my apology," Callaway said. “It was an awful act and an awful mistake.”

“I am not that person that people are portraying me as. I make mistakes, I’m not perfect and I’m asking for forgiveness and to accept my apology,” he said.

Bozarjian said she is considering whether to accept Callaway's apology.

"I think what is most important here is that he took my power, and I’m trying to take that back. And whether I am open to it or not, I want to take my time with that," Bozarjian said.

https://www.inc.com/suzanne-lucas/do...-behavior.html

Runner Tommy Callaway slapped WSAV-TV anchor Alex Bozarjian on the behind while Bozarjian was on live television covering the fun-run that Callaway was running in.

You can see it for yourself:

The man accused of slapping @wsavalexb's backside while she was on the air is telling his side of the story.

In an interview with @InsideEdition, 43-year-old Tommy Callaway says he went to wave to the camera and got caught up in the moment. pic.twitter.com/8zQsnZ7HWs

-- CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) December 11, 2019

This includes an interview with Callaway, where he says he was trying to wave at the camera and got "caught up in the moment."

What would you do if Callaway was your employee and now the whole world knows what he's done? You'd have to think through the situation and decide what to do. First thing first, you have actual video of the incident, which you often don't have in a sexual harassment investigation.

Callawy's explanation doesn't match the video. Bozarjian's behind was nowhere near where you would put your hands if you wanted to wave at the camera. If he accidentally smacked her in the head, I would buy that as an explanation. Maybe. I don't buy it.

If he had seen her reaction, he would have been embarrassed, he tells CBS Inside Edition.

In other words, it's not his action that caused the problem; it was her reaction.

Hogwash.

All those other runners didn't accidentally slap the reporter on her behind. It wasn't an accidental move, and even if it was, it was not acceptable behavior.

And for people who are concerned, this man, who is a (according to his lawyer, in the New York Post) "loving husband and father who is very active in his community" and local church, was insisting he was "working with those involved to correct the situation."​

The only person who wasn't worried about his future was Callaway himself. Again, if you're going to do something stupid, best not to do it on live television. Best not to do it at all, of course, but he had no concern for his job and family in the moment.

I'm not a fan of destroying people's lives over one incident. I do believe people can change. I'm not a fan of men who think it's OK to slap a strange woman on the behind being youth leaders. I would not send my children back to such a youth group until he was removed.

Would I recommend firing him from his job? If he was in a different profession that didn't involve children or vulnerable populations, no. But, would I be keeping a close eye on him? Yes. Would I ask the women at the office if they've experienced any inappropriate behavior? Also, yes.

Is it tragic that he made such a stupid decision? Yes. But that's the sad part. The sad part isn't the predictable consequences of his actions. Remember, the victim never causes the drama. He brought that on himself.

Runner Who Smacked TV News Reporter?s Butt Arrested, Faces Sexual Battery Charge

Runner Who Smacked TV News Reporter?s Butt Arrested, Faces Sexual Battery Charge
    By Bruce Haring
    December 14, 2019 8:57am

A man who slapped a news reporter on the backside while running past her during a road race is now facing charges of sexual battery.

Thomas Callaway, a youth minister, has been accused of touching Savannah, GA. reporter Alex Bozarjian on her backside as she was reporting at the Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run. Bozarjian was doing a stand-up at the event and Callaway slapped her as he was running past. The incident was caught live on camera, with Bozarjian glaring at the runner before resuming her report.

Bozarjian later filed a sexual battery complaint with the Savannah Police Department. The report claims she ?described the smack as a ?smack and grab,? advising that he also grabbed her buttocks in the same motion. She stated she felt a sharp sting after the smack and advised that it caused her to pause during the broadcast.?
    Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred is representing Bozarjian in the case. She told Savannah station WSAV, ?Alex is looking forward to justice in this case.?

Sexual battery in Georgia is a misdemeanor. Punishment can be up to 12 months in jail and a fine of $5,000 for first offenders.

Bozarjian previously lashed out on Twitter. ?No woman should EVER have to put up with this at work or anywhere!! Do better.?

Callaway apologized to Bozarjian during an interview on WSAV saying, ?Alex, I am sorry. I did not mean to do this. I think you?re a great, great asset to this community and to the local media and to the national media. You?re very talented. You?re an amazing woman from what I?ve gathered, and I apologize.?
    I've been following this case since it's pretty close to home both figuratively and literally.
    I've had my share of sexual assault/harassment and I'm glad that people are finally able to speak up without fear of repercussion.
    I hope this guy lost his job and has to pay a fine.
    Being a youth minister, he should know that he's a role model, but as we all know, a lot of churches are full of hypocrites and child molesters.
    I'm glad that his apology didn't mean crap to the reporter and she's pursuing further charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

She's def sexxxy. He did it on purpose.

She retained Gloria Allred? He’s toast.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...lapping-runner

The Boy Scouts of America parted ways with the man filmed smacking the backside of a reporter covering a race in Georgia.

Tommy Callaway, 43, slapped WSAV reporter Alex Bozarjian on the backsider as she was filming the conclusion of the Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run on Saturday. Bozarjian tweeted a clip of the incident and explained how it made her feel “violated, objectified, and embarrassed.”

Following Bozarjian’s viral tweet, the public learned that Callaway was a church youth group leader and a Boy Scout troop leader. In response to Callaway’s behavior, the Boy Scouts of America announced that they were parting ways with Callaway.

“Upon learning of this incident, we immediately removed this individual and prohibited him from any future participation in our programs,” the organization said in a statement. “This behavior runs counter to Scouting’s values and everything we teach our members about treating others with dignity and respect. The [Boy Scouts of America] takes this type of conduct very seriously, and we always consider what is best for our youth members, staff, and volunteers when making these decisions.”

I hope the church follows suit. I wouldn't want my imaginary daughter around this creep!
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Thread Information