Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spice Girls Planning Reunion Tour and Album -- weeeeeee!!!

Spice Girls Planning Reunion Tour and Album -- weeeeeee!!!

Seriously, I am RIDICULOUSLY excited about this.

http://www.people.com/people/article...041905,00.html

[size=14pt]Spice Girls Planning Reunion Tour and Album[/size]

The Spice Girls are preparing for a Christmas reunion tour, sources close to the band tell PEOPLE.

"It should be happening in December," a source tells PEOPLE. "Geri [Halliwell, a.k.a. Ginger Spice] and Emma ["Baby Spice" Bunton] have been in the studio writing new material and they want to do a worldwide tour."

Rumors have circulated recently that the band would reunite for the Princess Diana memorial concert that is to be held on Diana's birthday, July 1, to mark the 10th anniversary of her death.

"They definitely won't be performing at the Diana show. It is too soon and Emma is pregnant," says another band insider. "But plans are afoot for later in the year. It all depends on Simon Fuller. He is the mastermind."

Fuller, 47, was the Svengali manager who turned the five-woman group into the most successful female act of the 1990s and later went on to create American Idol.

The group plans to release a greatest hits album that will include several new songs, sources tell PEOPLE. "They have a couple of new songs and one in particular is fantastic," says one recording-studio source. "It's hard to get something as pop-laden as their first hit, 'Wannabe,' but one of the new songs is heading that way and it has far more funk in it than the ballads before the band split."

Until recently, it seemed there was no hope for a reunion. "There are no plans for it at all with or without me," Melanie "Sporty Spice" Chisholm, 33, told PEOPLE in March.

The band insider confirms that Chisholm was reluctant at first. "It's been a long time coming and the negotiations have been going on for a while," says the source. "Mel C. was the last one to come onboard as she has been pushing her solo career."

The first hint of a possible reunion came on April 22 at the baptism service for 34-year-old Halliwell's 11-month-old daughter, Bluebell Madonna. Only L.A.-based Melanie "Scary Spice" Brown, 32, who welcomed a daughter of her own on April 3, was absent.

Sources tell PEOPLE Fuller returned to London from Los Angeles earlier this week and is expected to craft an announcement of the reunion. Meanwhile, Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham has returned to California to finalize her family's move.

Beckham has commissioned interior designer Kelly Hoppen, who is the stepmother of Sienna Miller, to furnish the family's six-bedroom Beverly Hills home prior to their mid-July move. Beckham is also expected to continue filming her NBC show during the trip.

Re: Spice Girls Planning Reunion Tour and Album -- weeeeeee!!!

ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! !!!!!!!11111111 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

This would totally make up for not being alive when Elvis was.  The spice girls. Are. My. Elvis.  Yes.

This makes my year.  

that is the best news I've heard since Paris went to jail!
    Seriously thought I love the Spice Girls! This is awesome!
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=7981.msg404876#msg404876 date=1181358919]
    ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! !!!!!!!11111111&nbsp;

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

This would totally make up for not being alive when Elvis was.&nbsp; The spice girls. Are. My. Elvis.&nbsp; Yes.

This makes my year. &nbsp;
    [/quote]

We're totally going.&nbsp; I'd get in line right now if I could.

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=7981.msg404880#msg404880 date=1181358994]
    We're totally going.&nbsp; I'd get in line right now if I could.
    [/quote]

Seriously.

&lt;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My serious face.

I remember visiting family overseas and the Spice Girls were just starting to be popular over there, and my cousins were like WTF is this shit?&nbsp; And then blam, 2 yrs later they're huge pop stars.&nbsp; :|

I'd totally go just to see the twig with horrible boobs.&nbsp; You probably wouldn't even be able to see her scrawny ass on stage.

Tour and album is good and all, but where's the Spice World 2?&nbsp;

[quote author=andrea0121 link=topic=7981.msg404888#msg404888 date=1181359470]
    Seriously.

&lt;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My serious face.

I remember visiting family overseas and the Spice Girls were just starting to be popular over there, and my cousins were like WTF is this shit?&nbsp; And then blam, 2 yrs later they're huge pop stars.&nbsp; &nbsp;:|

I'd totally go just to see the twig with horrible boobs.&nbsp; You probably wouldn't even be able to see her scrawny ass on stage.
    [/quote]

Haha, you bitch!

I saw them in 7th grade and it was awesome &nbsp; I wish I still had my pictures :|&nbsp;

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/44407584

Spice Girls back in studio

06/08/2007 6:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
    Dotmusic

Victoria &quot;Posh Spice&quot; Beckham has revealed that the experience of singing again with the Spice Girls was &quot;truly terrifying.&quot;

Reported by London's Daily Mirror, she admitted that standing infront of a microphone again had &quot;freaked her out.&quot;

She said: &quot;It's been so many years since I've done any singing. This mic was put in front of me and I was like, 'whoa.' It was surreal being back in there.

&quot;I always said I wasn't ever going to sing again and I really didn't expect to. But once I got going it was fun.&quot;

It was revealed earlier this week that the five original Spice Girls would be reforming for a reported $50 million in order to play six live dates, following the release of a greatest-hits album.

Speaking about the new material, Beckham added: &quot;The new songs are a progression of the old Spice stuff--nothing radical and still poppy, but a bit different. We are all impressed with them.&quot;

The girl group has now apparently recorded two new tracks, with Mel B expected to add her vocal contribution next week.

*Squeal* I LOVE the Spice Girls! I was 4 years old when their first song came out! OH man I can't wait to see what clothes there gonna be wearing...I hope they still wear those boots...

[quote author=Twisted_Angel1993 link=topic=7981.msg405070#msg405070 date=1181366878]
    *Squeal* I LOVE the Spice Girls! I was 4 years old when their first song came out! OH man I can't wait to see what clothes there gonna be wearing...I hope they still wear those boots...
    [/quote]
    4? You just made me feel old... I did not think that was even possible.
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

I make everyone feel old.

I think i'm the youngest member of mds...??

[quote author=Twisted_Angel1993 link=topic=7981.msg405081#msg405081 date=1181367328]

[/quote]

And

Again &nbsp; since this pathetic excuse for music is going to be back on the fuggin radio.

[quote author=Twisted_Angel1993 link=topic=7981.msg405081#msg405081 date=1181367328]

[/quote]
    I think so. I know we have a couple 16 year olds around here too... so I should feel old :lol:

I was 8 when the spice girls came out :|

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=7981.msg405088#msg405088 date=1181367720]

And

Again &nbsp; since this pathetic excuse for music is going to be back on the fuggin radio.
    [/quote]
    SPICE GIRLS FOR LIFE!

[quote author=Budweiser Drinker link=topic=7981.msg405088#msg405088 date=1181367720]

And

[/quote]

Don't listen to it then. Simple.

-sings-
    If you wanna be my lover...

And

[/quote]

SPICE UP YOUR LIFE, BUD!

:roll:

[quote author=snipsnip link=topic=7981.msg405125#msg405125 date=1181370407]
    SPICE UP YOUR LIFE, BUD!

:roll:
    [/quote]

Mmmmmkay...send me some noodz.

[quote author=Twisted_Angel1993 link=topic=7981.msg405070#msg405070 date=1181366878]
    [/quote]

you were 4!? Lord have mercy. i KNOW i'm not old, but just by you saying that, i feel old!
    <br /><br />

:whogives:

Banal, and insipid come to mind.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=7981.msg405276#msg405276 date=1181401101]
    :whogives:

Banal, and insipid come to mind.
    [/quote]

dont hate
    <br /><br />

[quote author=Alicia C*~ link=topic=7981.msg405273#msg405273 date=1181400847]
    you were 4!? Lord have mercy. i KNOW i'm not old, but just by you saying that, i feel old!
    [/quote]
    haha exactly what I'm saying :lol:

I loved the Spice Girls, and I was an &quot;adult&quot; when they hit big.

Was it insipid pop? Sure, but it was a lot of fun too.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZGrL2QOrpc
    [youtube=425,350]rZGrL2QOrpc[/youtube]
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

OMG, Spice Girls!

I can't believe I'm admitting that I'm excited about this.

Thread Information