Re: Poor Baby Kaleb..this broke my heart

[quote author=Wick link=topic=7976.msg405999#msg405999 date=1181503151]

Do you believe in the bible my dear?
    [/quote]

Go suck on a banana, Kirk.  :lol:

[size=4pt]Have you received my fan letter yet?[/size]

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

God's words. Straight to the point and simple.

God bless.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=7976.msg406010#msg406010 date=1181503585]

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

God bless.

[/quote]

what version? I do so hate "christians".

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=7976.msg406004#msg406004 date=1181503382]
    Go suck on a banana, Kirk.  :lol:

[size=20pt]Have you received my fan letter yet?[/size]
    [/quote]

God bless.

[/quote] Wow.. are you a Jehovah;s Witness??

Asking you if you would pray is pushing it on you? If there is a public request for money to help someone, I do not feel obligated to actually donate money to them. I can either respond or not, without feeling that they are pushing their request on me personally. For someone to say 'pray for so and so' to me is not pushing their beliefs on me, it is akin to saying 'wish me luck'. If you so choose to pray or wish so be it, if not, no harm done by asking.

I also think that many people who believe in God are more like hotsauce (unselfish) than you realize. I think that the majority feel that way and it is actually a small percentage of religious people who disregard progress and science at the expense of their beliefs. Even the Catholic church has lightened up on many issues of today. At my dads church there is a Catholic priest who is gay.

I really do understand how much religion upsets you Ron. I don't think that people think "Just because I do NOT believe in any God, that I must eat babies and set churches on fire." Maybe 20 years ago people felt that way, I don't think that is a fair analogy for today though.

Do I hate these people? No. Well not most of them.
    The people that really believe in 'Creationism' and people that don't let their children take insulin for their diabetes
    or people that won't let a surgeon remove a ruptured appendix, those people I hate. Christian Scientists, Jehovah's Witnesses and such.
    That's a stupidity that is hurting, and you can't deny that. You care about the children, what about those being killed by stupidity?
    I don't support this kind of fanatical-ism either. I agree that is plainly stupid. But that has nothing to do with this woman really.

Her using the word 'world' when she speaks about the justice system here just shows her ignorance and her typical American view of the world.
    That the world is the United States.
    Here you hit it on the head, the woman is ignorant about the 'world' vs 'America'.

We are letting our sick people stay untreated by new research because of a few morons that think it's against their God.
    We are adding to the problem of over-population (not to mention crime) by forcing people into parenthood. Why?
    Because some people are against abortions since they consider a fetus a person. One of God's children of course.
    Never mind constant violations of an entire part of our population's civil rights because of some people's God.
    If this God actually had an all-love-fest following, then I'd be more behind it's cause.
    Some people are against abortion, yes. But it is still legal to get one. The few 'morons' that think it is against their God don't have the say as to what the whole of America gets to choose when it comes to parenthood.

God bless.

[/quote]

sexually immoral (that would mean pre-marital sex, "living in sin", etc.)
    idolaters (what is this? people that worship celebrities?  or is it any other faith other than <insert your faith here>?)
    adulterers (extra-marital sex, obviously)
    male prostitutes (yay!  I guess it's okay to be a female one.  LOL)
    homosexual offenders
    thieves (ever kept change when the cashier made a mistake, ever took home office supplies from work?  Ever download music from limewire?)
    drunkards (hold the beer next time the superbowl comes around.)
    slanderers (gossip and speculation, anyone?)
    greedy (see lots of these in the corporate world, grubbing for promotions, etc.)
    swindlers (see above)

Heaven must be empty!

[quote author=lilnikki link=topic=7976.msg404740#msg404740 date=1181353078]
    It is heartbreaking how the parents are holding on despite the odds. They truly believe that Kaleb will be "the one" to beat those odds...and they cant let go. Bless his heart!! If I was told my child would live..but in a vegetative state, I would have to let him go. I believe in prayer..but I believe you should pray for strength. Not a miracle, bc GOD'S plan for Kaleb is far more special than what is here. And you need the strength to get you through whatever is going to be.
    [/quote] Well.....you never know. My son is a shaken baby survivor. He went through the whole nine that Kaleb is going through...seizures, brain surgery...he has a bilateral shunt in his head that will be there forever...he is blind in his left eye. Subdural hematomas, blood behind the eyes, broken right wrist.  They gave him a 90% chance of being severely mentally retarded. 2.5 years later, the left eye blindness is the only residual effect he has from it. He is a completely normal 3 yr old boy, no one would ever know anything was wrong with him unless I told them. God works in mysterious ways.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7976.msg408843#msg408843 date=1181663191]
    Well.....you never know. My son is a shaken baby survivor. He went through the whole nine that Kaleb is going through...seizures, brain surgery...he has a bilateral shunt in his head that will be there forever...he is blind in his left eye. Subdural hematomas, blood behind the eyes, broken right wrist.  They gave him a 90% chance of being severely mentally retarded. 2.5 years later, the left eye blindness is the only residual effect he has from it. He is a completely normal 3 yr old boy, no one would ever know anything was wrong with him unless I told them. God works in mysterious ways.
    [/quote]

Wow. I never knew this about you.

Hope whoever did that to your baby was punished.

Glad to hear he is doing well.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7976.msg408843#msg408843 date=1181663191]
    Well.....you never know. My son is a shaken baby survivor. He went through the whole nine that Kaleb is going through...seizures, brain surgery...he has a bilateral shunt in his head that will be there forever...he is blind in his left eye. Subdural hematomas, blood behind the eyes, broken right wrist.  They gave him a 90% chance of being severely mentally retarded. 2.5 years later, the left eye blindness is the only residual effect he has from it. He is a completely normal 3 yr old boy, no one would ever know anything was wrong with him unless I told them. God works in mysterious ways.
    [/quote]

well bless your heart!! I am so happy to hear how your little one pulled through!! Stories like yours, is probably what keeps Kaleb's parents going!!

[quote author=s0ggysh0es link=topic=7976.msg408897#msg408897 date=1181666148]
    Wow. I never knew this about you.

Hope whoever did that to your baby was punished.

Glad to hear he is doing well.
    [/quote] You know, I've mentioned it several times..in places like this when I feel like it's appropriate..but I would think that most people here don't really know that about me, either!

Actually, long story short, he is completely free out walking the streets. He failed a lie detector, admitted to shaking him to the police...they even had him on camera shaking a doll how he shook my son..and the jury found him not guilty on all three charges... aggravated assault and two counts of  endangering the welfare of a child. He got NOTHING.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7976.msg408977#msg408977 date=1181673045]
    You know, I've mentioned it several times..in places like this when I feel like it's appropriate..but I would think that most people here don't really know that about me, either!

Actually, long story short, he is completely free out walking the streets. He failed a lie detector, admitted to shaking him to the police...they even had him on camera shaking a doll how he shook my son..and the jury found him not guilty on all three charges... aggravated assault and two counts of  endangering the welfare of a child. He got NOTHING.
    [/quote]

I honestly don't get the justice system.

Kara I'm so sorry you and your son had to go through this, but he sounds like he will be a find young man and he's lucky to have you for his mom.

Oh, and here's the asshole's myspace page in case you're interested: www.myspace.com/jaeell UGH. And I just went there for the first time in a long time and he now has a girlfriend. I wanna write to her  and be like NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo stay away!!

Amy's taste > Tara's

this is so fucked up...$5,000
    yea im a pussy i cried almost watchin it...im very emotional
    do it today...<br />it might be illegal tomorrow.<br /><br />

I can't watch it.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7976.msg413212#msg413212 date=1181875762]
    Oh, and here's the asshole's myspace page in case you're interested: www.myspace.com/jaeell UGH. And I just went there for the first time in a long time and he now has a girlfriend. I wanna write to her&nbsp; and be like NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo stay away!!
    [/quote]
    Wow.
    What a fucking douche.

I love how he hates deceit -- except for when it serves his purposes, I guess.

I'm glad to hear that you and your son have lived through this nightmare, and that he is happy and healthy.
    I'm fucking furious to hear that the culprit got away with assaulting him.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7976.msg414240#msg414240 date=1181927817]
    Wow.
    What a fucking douche.

I love how he hates deceit -- except for when it serves his purposes, I guess.

I'm glad to hear that you and your son have lived through this nightmare, and that he is happy and healthy.
    I'm fucking furious to hear that the culprit got away with assaulting him.
    [/quote] Yeah his profile is ironic, isnt it? ew. he's gross.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7976.msg414250#msg414250 date=1181928393]
    Yeah his profile is ironic, isnt it? ew. he's gross.
    [/quote]

I couldn't look. i WOULD have sent hate mail. just the blurp pissed me off.... grr fucking asshole

news video:
    http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox//

The sitter:

uggggggggggghhhhhhhhh she has such a smug look on her face&nbsp; :2angry: :2angry: :2angry:

Amy's taste > Tara's

Yep, I pretty much HATE her.&nbsp; It takes a special, very patient person to watch someone else's kids all day.&nbsp; If you aren't that kind of person, don't be a fucking babysitter, and, for god's sake, don't have any kids of your own!&nbsp; It just makes me so mad!

I just got done revisiting Kaleb's mommy's page and I am tearing up. I just look at the pictures of that adorable little boy and my heart breaks. I am not even sure what I feel is just punishment for that evil woman. What really gets me is that there are people saying that Kaleb's mom, Kristy might have been responsible for this. WTF! What the hell is wrong with people! It seems pretty obvious what happened here. Why would people want to make this woman feel worse than she already does!

I totally agree that you should not become a day care person if you don't have the patience for kids!! I had a friend about 10 years back who decided to get into day care and she was the most evil person to some of the kids. In fact, there was one that had downs syndrome that happened to be her best friends child and I remember her clearly telling me that he had gotten sick one day and thrown up on the floor and she made him clean it up! He was probably about 5 years old at the time! :x Another time she locked a child in the closet. I am definitely glad that I don't have kids that I have to entrust to others because after hearing stories like these, I would be a wreck!!

[quote author=riz link=topic=7976.msg404548#msg404548 date=1181343775]
    While this point is critical, I don't think prayer has ever hurt when combined with proven, quality medical care. And if that prayer eases your own personal pain in any way, then it is doing a tremendous good.

Just because you personally wouldn't do it doesn't negate the good it can do in many people's lives.
    [/quote]

The breakfast of champions.

Baby Kaleb gets to go home!!!!

[quote author=lilnikki link=topic=7976.msg448369#msg448369 date=1183737648]
    Baby Kaleb gets to go home!!!!
    [/quote]
    That's wonderful!

Thread Information