Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Baby Kaleb..this broke my heart

Poor Baby Kaleb..this broke my heart

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2 034427268">Pray for baby Kaleb.</a><br><object enableJSURL="false" enableHREF="false" saveEmbedTags="true" allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal" height="346" width="430" data="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf">
      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
      <param name="allowNetworking" value="all" />
      <param name="movie" value="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" />
      <param name="flashvars" value="m=2034427268&type=video" />
    </object><br><a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm& videoid=2034427268&title=Pray for baby Kaleb.">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home">  More Videos</a><br>

Re: Poor Baby Kaleb..this broke my heart

I know I didnt do this right...sorry..still tryin to figure it out  :2embarrassed:

I don't think you're able to embed myspace vids on here. 

You could just post the link though!  It's in the first box, Video URL.

Very sad video.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2 034427268

ok..lets try this..thank you

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

This video made me feel terribly about this poor child, and I was so upset by what happened to him...

Until I saw what the person that made this video had to say. Then I was equally upset by the comments made in the video.
    Whenever people say something about the courts in 'the world' when they actually mean 'in America'
    it's an automatic red flag. America isn't the 'world' people. Sorry to break it to you.

And then all the God talk.
    Where was God when this poor child was being shaken?
    Can you have pre-emptive prayer, and pray that the sitter doesn't shake your kid before you leave the house?

Who can tell?
    All this praying stuff should come with a guide book.
    And I mean one that's more consise, and descriptive than the Bible. I''m thinking a phamplet maybe.

What these parents need are the best doctors, and the best in science and medicine available.
    Let's not pray for that, let's get it for them. Much more effective.

If I'm looking at a vegative state for the rest of my life, don't send prayers, send money and technology, thanks. (or pull the plug!)
    There, now you know...just in case it ever happens.

RIP little Kaleb. Because being in a vegetative state, is NOT being alive.
    I hope your parents realize this, and end your suffering if you don't show progress.
    A prayer and $2 will get you on the bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Indeed, Ron.
    So sad.  But why do people start crying injustice when small children shakers walk on 5K or when Paris Hilton gets house arrest due to 'anxiety'?

The criminal justice system in the U.S., as well as everywhere else is racist and classist.  Poor black people don't commit more crime, people.  Its time to get fucking mad.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7976.msg404540#msg404540 date=1181343152]
    Indeed, Ron.
    So sad.  But why do people start crying injustice when small children shakers walk on 5K or when Paris Hilton gets house arrest due to 'anxiety'?

The criminal justice system in the U.S., as well as everywhere else is racist and classist.  Poor black people don't commit more crime, people.  Its time to get fucking mad.
    [/quote]
    PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 for you, and Ron.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7976.msg404540#msg404540 date=1181343152]
    Indeed, Ron.

[/quote]:lol: Well I wouldn't go that far. I mean, poor Black folks commit crime on a level comparible with poor White folks.....but there's always this and this

Just saying, it's true the system is classist, and racist, but let's not act like niggas are innocent victims here .......
    A lot are, but not all.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7976.msg404538#msg404538 date=1181342978]
    What these parents need are the best doctors, and the best in science and medicine available.

[/quote]

While this point is critical, I don't think prayer has ever hurt when combined with proven, quality medical care. And if that prayer eases your own personal pain in any way, then it is doing a tremendous good.

Just because you personally wouldn't do it doesn't negate the good it can do in many people's lives.
    Honey, I think a wizard froze the cat...<br />

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7976.msg404546#msg404546 date=1181343583]
    :lol: Well I wouldn't go that far. I mean, poor Black folks commit crime on a level comparible with poor White folks.....but there's always this and this

Just saying, it's true the system is classist, and racist, but let's not act like niggas are innocent victims here .......
    A lot are, but not all.
    [/quote]
    But we can't negate that not having access to income or wealth doesn't equate to not having access to better lawyers and expert witnesses. &nbsp;Black people surely commit crimes, but they are not more or less deviant than whites -- yet they are over represented as prisoners, in general, and on death row, more pointedly. &nbsp;Structural inequality -- in schools, in jobs, in government, in law -- all create less opportunities for all people of color. &nbsp;Yet we profile people, based on race and class (poor white folks are disadvantaged, too).

Sure black folks commit crimes. &nbsp;But they have far less of a chance than whites at getting 'justice'. &nbsp;

And can we not use the n-word, here?
    And don't pull the black card on me, Mr. &nbsp;The history of subjugation associated with that word makes it deplorable for anyone.
    If you use it, the whites will think that they can, too. &nbsp;And when they do, I want to punch them in the dick.

The odds are pretty unlikely that this kid is going to make it, and I agree Ron, being in a vegetative state is not living.

I would be focusing my efforts on beating the bitch that did that to my child with a Louisville Slugger.

[quote author=riz link=topic=7976.msg404548#msg404548 date=1181343775]
    While this point is critical, I don't think prayer has ever hurt when combined with proven, quality medical care. And if that prayer eases your own personal pain in any way, then it is doing a tremendous good.

Just because you personally wouldn't do it doesn't negate the good it can do in many people's lives.
    [/quote]
    My mother prayed for Jesus to save her from cancer -- and she believed he did for 8 years.&nbsp;
    I never believed it for a second, but like Riz said -- no harm done.

Poor Kaleb.&nbsp; I'd be looking for a bat, too.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7976.msg404538#msg404538 date=1181342978]
    This video made me feel terribly about this poor child, and I was so upset by what happened to him...

Until I saw what the person that made this video had to say. Whenever people say something about the courts in 'the world' when they actually mean 'in America'
    it's an automatic red flag. America isn't the 'world' people. Sorry to break it to you.
    And then all the God talk.
    Where was God when this poor child was being shaken?
    Can you have pre-emptive prayer, and pray that the sitter doesn't shake your kid before you leave the house?

Who can tell?
    All this praying stuff should come with a guide book.
    And I mean one that's more consise, and descriptive than the Bible. I''m thinking a phamplet maybe.

If I'm looking at a vegative state for the rest of my life, don't send prayers, send money and technology, thanks. (or pull the plug!)
    There, now you know...just in case it ever happens.

RIP little Kaleb. Because being in a vegetative state, is NOT being alive.
    I hope your parents realize this, and end your suffering if you don't show progress.
    A prayer and $2 will get you on the bus.
    [/quote]

You said everything that was on my mind, but far more eloquently.

I, too, am baffled by all the God talk. &nbsp;If you pray hard enough and the kid survives, it's a miracle. &nbsp;If you pray hard and the kid dies, God had other plans for him. &nbsp; :? :? &nbsp;I guess if it makes the believers happy, there's no harm, but it sure seems silly to me.

What happened to Kaleb is horrible beyond description, but if my child were facing life in a vegetative state on the off chance he were to survive, I would not encourage heroic measures to save his life.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7976.msg404549#msg404549 date=1181343916]
    But we can't negate that not having access to income or wealth doesn't equate to not having access to better lawyers and expert witnesses. &nbsp;Black people surely commit crimes, but they are not more or less deviant than whites -- yet they are over represented as prisoners, in general, and on death row, more pointedly. &nbsp;Structural inequality -- in schools, in jobs, in government, in law -- all create less opportunities for all people of color. &nbsp;Yet we profile people, based on race and class (poor white folks are disadvantaged, too).

Sure black folks commit crimes. &nbsp;But they have far less of a chance than whites at getting 'justice'. &nbsp;

And can we not use the n-word, here?
    And don't pull the black card on me, Mr. &nbsp;The history of subjugation associated with that word makes it deplorable for anyone.
    If you use it, the whites will think that they can, too. &nbsp;And when they do, I want to punch them in the dick.
    [/quote]Did a White woman just tell me to settle down with the 'n-word' because I'm being offensive?

The lady has a point though. (and dick punching = laughs) Touche.

I just get mad when people hear me talking about the bullshit system being racist and clasist and assume that
    I want EVERY single Black American ever convicted of anything freed because they were railroaded.

That and certain people piss me off. See the links for more info ;-)

Mom's Profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=34091583

News Story:

http://baynews9.com/content/36/2007/5/15/249688.html

Charge Report on Rebecca Saunders:

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/pub/defa...sp/bn=07031213

Edited:&nbsp; The pictures on the mom's profile are heartbreaking.&nbsp; It also turns out that he is now blind as a result of this.

The &quot;child care provider&quot; looks like a straight up meth head.&nbsp; :x

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=7976.msg404559#msg404559 date=1181344632]

Edited:&nbsp; The pictures on the mom's profile are heartbreaking.&nbsp; It also turns out that he is now blind as a result of this.

The &quot;child care provider&quot; looks like a straight up meth head.&nbsp; :x

[/quote]

Did I read that right - the provider is out on bond??

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=7976.msg404557#msg404557 date=1181344578]
    Did a White woman just tell me to settle down with the 'n-word' because I'm being offensive?

The lady has a point though. (and dick punching = laughs) Touche.

I just get mad when people hear me talking about the bullshit system being racist and clasist and assume that
    I want EVERY single Black American ever convicted of anything freed because they were railroaded.

That and certain people piss me off. See the links for more info ;-)
    [/quote]
    I think it might have been a white woman. &nbsp; :roll:
    I just have a real bad feeling about that word.

White people use it, and then point the finger at blacks as making it an acceptable term. &nbsp;
    I think we need to smash much of the current system to effect positive change. &nbsp;Vocabulary isn't exempt.

And that's why I love you -- and other smart men. &nbsp;

[quote author=riz link=topic=7976.msg404560#msg404560 date=1181344860]
    [/quote]$5,000 according to the video.

The &quot;child care provider&quot; looks like a straight up meth head.&nbsp; :x[/quote]

Wow, leaving your child with a meth head doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. But I don't have kids, so what do I know?

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=7976.msg404553#msg404553 date=1181344048]
    [/quote]Awww, thanks. Usually I feel like a foul-mouthed Liberal around here. :oops:

[quote author=riz link=topic=7976.msg404560#msg404560 date=1181344860]
    [/quote]

That is why, among other reasons, I elected not to go to Law School.

I could not be an attorney and blatantly lie to protect people like that cuntrag.

Who the fuck else did it?&nbsp; The SBS Fairy?&nbsp; &nbsp; Fucking assholes.

Mom's Profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=34091583

News Story:

http://baynews9.com/content/36/2007/5/15/249688.html

[/quote]
    :(
    Oi, I shouldn't have looked.

That poor little baby.&nbsp;

My temper is atrocious, but, I don't know how someone could seriously get so mad that they'd pick up a defenseless baby and rattle it's brain.&nbsp; It's unfathomable.

Poor baby.&nbsp;

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=7976.msg404567#msg404567 date=1181345201]
    That is why, among other reasons, I elected not to go to Law School.

I could not be an attorney and blatantly lie to protect people like that cuntrag.

Who the fuck else did it?&nbsp; The SBS Fairy?&nbsp; &nbsp; Fucking assholes.
    [/quote]

Seriously ... $5,000 bond?

That's such a joke.&nbsp; :x :x

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=7976.msg404553#msg404553 date=1181344048]

I, too, am baffled by all the God talk.&nbsp; If you pray hard enough and the kid survives, it's a miracle.&nbsp; If you pray hard and the kid dies, God had other plans for him.&nbsp; :? :?&nbsp; I guess if it makes the believers happy, there's no harm, but it sure seems silly to me.

What happened to Kaleb is horrible beyond description, but if my child were facing life in a vegetative state on the off chance he were to survive, I would not encourage heroic measures to save his life.
    [/quote]

Yeah, they have an answer for everything.

And you can start prayer chains and request to by on prayer lists...so does the person with the most people praying for them win? Does God grant their request just to shut up all the yappin'?

Anyway, poor Kaleb. He's never gonna make it..at least not back to where he was before he was shaken by some stupid scumbag piece of shit. The pictures are so sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

to atheists, christians seem &quot;silly&quot; for believing and they feel like there's nothing for them to believe in... but to christians, it's hard to understand why atheists DON'T believe. it's a lose-lose battle, and i think it was completely immature and unnecessary to bring up the religious discussion in this. this thread is to talk about kaleb and his slow recovery, not to bash christians for praying/believing.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=7976.msg404690#msg404690 date=1181350715]
    to atheists, christians seem &quot;silly&quot; for believing and they feel like there's nothing for them to believe in... but to christians, it's hard to understand why atheists DON'T believe. it's a lose-lose battle, and i think it was completely immature and unnecessary to bring up the religious discussion in this. this thread is to talk about kaleb and his slow recovery, not to bash christians for praying/believing.
    [/quote]

It's not just Christians who seem silly to atheists, it's all believers, and it's neither &quot;immature&quot; nor &quot;unnecessary&quot; to bring up a religious discussion when it's part and parcel of Kaleb's mother's myspace page.

It is heartbreaking how the parents are holding on despite the odds. They truly believe that Kaleb will be &quot;the one&quot; to beat those odds...and they cant let go. Bless his heart!! If I was told my child would live..but in a vegetative state, I would have to let him go. I believe in prayer..but I believe you should pray for strength. Not a miracle, bc GOD'S plan for Kaleb is far more special than what is here. And you need the strength to get you through whatever is going to be.

Thread Information