Thread: Body of Girl (Allison Wendel), 10, Who Apparently Took Her Own Life Is Found by 9-Year-Old Sister, Cops Say

Body of Girl (Allison Wendel), 10, Who Apparently Took Her Own Life Is Found by 9-Year-Old Sister, Cops Say

https://www.clickorlando.com/inside-...ister-cops-say

https://www.gofundme.com/f/to-our-an...cp+share-sheet

The body of a 10-year-old girl was discovered by her little sister after she apparently took her own life, authorities in California said.

The 10-year-old, who was identified by family members as Allison Wendel, is rumored to have been the victim of bullying, according to officials. Her body was found Sunday at her Santa Ana home by her 9-year-old sister, KTLA reported.

?She was a beautiful little girl full of happiness, and she was always smiling,? cousin Bonnie Mesinas told the news station.

Authorities are now delving into the girl's social media in the hopes of learning what drove her to allegedly take her own life, Santa Ana Police Department Public Information Officer Anthony Bertagna told People.

?Obviously, it?s not often that you get a 10-year-old that, at this point, appears to be a suicide,? Bertagna said. ?There were some rumors of bullying. We have nothing to substantiate that at this point."

He added that they're interviewing friends and relatives in addition to reviewing the girl's online interactions.

Allison was reportedly a student at Hazard Elementary School, where she was in the fifth grade. In a statement, the school district said it was "deeply saddened" by her passing and urged people not to jump to any conclusions.

"While the media has reported rumors of bullying, SAPD has not yet concluded its investigation. ? We are working collaboratively with SAPD, awaiting the results of their investigation. ? Hazard Elementary School has a longstanding PBIS [Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports] program and takes a proactive approach to promote a positive school culture.?

Social media is being mentioned again so now law enforcement and is going through her social media accounts because of bullying rumors. This is so sad but I have to ask why a child this age has social media at 10 years of age .

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    Social media is being mentioned again so now law enforcement and is going through her social media accounts because of bullying rumors. This is so sad but I have to ask why a child this age has social media at 10 years of age .
    Because 90% of them do.

I can?t seem to find how she did it anywhere online. Hanging maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Because 90% of them do.

I can?t seem to find how she did it anywhere online. Hanging maybe?
    I can't find a cause either but saw police officially ruled out bullying or anything considered a trigger.

Thread Information