Thread: Alexis Crawford (21) was allegedly strangled to death by her roommate's boyfriend

Alexis Crawford (21) was allegedly strangled to death by her roommate's boyfriend

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...0-9e6333d43adb

Family is desperate for answers after a 21-year-old Clark Atlanta University student went missing.

Alexis Crawford was last seen Wednesday, Oct. 30.

According to family, no one has head from the 21-year-old since that date, and she's never been reported missing before - leaving them to fear the worst.

"I hope she isn?t in danger but idk at this point," her brother Tyrese told 11Alive via message.

Tyrese said the senior student is originally from Athens was living off campus while attending Clark.

School officials have been notified of her disappearance, and Atlanta Police confirmed they took a missing persons report for the 21-year-old.

Family says Crawford is 5?5", and weighs around 140 lbs. She has black hairs, dark brown eyes, and she had a mole that sits under her right eye.

If anyone has information, they are asked to call police.

https://people.com/human-interest/fa...llege-student/

Worried family members are calling on the Atlanta community for help in tracking down a 21-year-old college student who has been missing since early Thursday.

Alexis Crawford, a student at Clark Atlanta University, disappeared somewhere between Wednesday evening and Thursday morning, family spokesman Rev. Markel Hutchins said at a press conference.

“A young lady who’s got her whole life ahead of her from Athens, Georgia,” Hutchins said. “[She] is the daughter of two very loving parents and a member of a very large family. She has four sisters and five brothers. Alexis is somebody that this family loves and cares very much for, and they are praying for her return.”

Hutchins called her disappearance “nothing short of a tragic set of circumstances,” and alluded to difficulties Crawford had been facing in recent weeks.

“We know she’s going through a lot,” he said. “She recently experienced some things that no young woman should ever have to experience and so we ask the people of Atlanta to pray for Alexis and her family.”
    Family members said she speaks with someone in the family each and every day, but phone calls have been automatically sent to voicemail since Thursday.

In the police report filed by her family, mom Tammy Crawford said she last spoke to her daughter on Wednesday, and that she “seemed to be in good spirits and was laughing,” NBC affiliate WXIA reported.

The report said Crawford’s roommate took her to a liquor store around 11:30 p.m., and last saw Crawford an hour later before she went to sleep.

When the roommate awoke on Thursday, Crawford was gone, as were her phone, ID card and debit card, though the apartment was locked.

Crawford is 5’ 3” and weighs about 150 lbs. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt or hoodie and a cheetah-print head scarf, according to WSB-TV.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This one is worrisome. What happened the weekend before?

Found deceased: https://www.11alive.com/article/news...8-9dd1c8ba0be5

Roommate and roommate's boyfriend will be charged. Apparently the "previous incident" was the boyfriend basically sexually assaulting Alexis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Found deceased: https://www.11alive.com/article/news...8-9dd1c8ba0be5

Roommate and roommate's boyfriend will be charged. Apparently the "previous incident" was the boyfriend basically sexually assaulting Alexis.
    Wow. The way they put it out there, I thought it would be a suicide. I never expected this.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/us/cl...ead/index.html

Alexis Crawford, the 21-year-old Clark Atlanta University student who went missing from her apartment more than a week ago, was found dead Friday in an Atlanta area park, Atlanta Police Chief Erika Shields told reporters.

According to police, the suspects are Crawford's roommate and the roommate's boyfriend. One of the suspects led police to the body, the chief said.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Wow. The way they put it out there, I thought it would be a suicide. I never expected this.

I totally thought suicide, too, based on the way the family was acting and what they said in their press conference. I was even starting to feel bad for the roommate because of all the stuff being said about her online. Guess she deserved it after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/12/us/cl...ord/index.html

A Clark Atlanta University student was strangled by her roommate's boyfriend and left in the woods at a local park after she was killed, court documents from the Atlanta police say.

The documents, which include police reports and interview summaries, paint a detailed picture of the last hours of Crawford's life and say that Jordyn Jones, Crawford's roommate, and Jones' boyfriend Barron Brantley confessed to investigators.

Jones told police that she asked Crawford to take her to a liquor store at around 11:30 p.m. October 30, according to a police report.

Hours later, Crawford and Jones, were "engaged in a physical altercation," Jones told police, according to another report. The boyfriend got involved and, "As a result of the physical altercation, Barron Brantley choked the victim until she was deceased," the same report states.

Brantley and Jones placed Crawford's body in a plastic bin and took her to a park, a police report states.

Crawford's remains were found at the park on November 8 after one of the suspects led police there.

Jones was a close friend who had spent holidays with the victim's family, a family spokesman said Sunday.

Jones spent at least one Thanksgiving and Easter holiday with Crawford's family over the past few years, the Rev. Markel Hutchins told CNN in an interview. Jones, who is from Michigan, and Crawford, who was from Athens, Georgia, started as freshmen together at the university, he said.

On occasion, Crawford, 21, had referred to Jones, 21, as her "best friend," Hutchins said.

"It was a regular occurrence for Jordyn to spend time with Alexis' family and to engage with Alexis' siblings," Hutchins said.

He added: "To know that someone that they welcomed into home played a role in Alexis' death is all the more hurtful."

Days before her disappearance, Crawford filed a police report describing unwanted kissing and touching from Brantley, police said.

Brantley was booked into the Fulton County Jail in Atlanta on Friday. He is accused of murder along with three probation violations and "hindering person making emergency telephone call," according to information from the Fulton County Jail.

Jones was booked Saturday and faces a murder charge, according to jail records.
    https://www.facebook.com/alexis.j.crawford

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2019...te_s_boyfriend
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-13-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

I'm in disbelief. That poor girl was utterly betrayed. I hope the roommate does some serious time too.

It just gets worse.

https://www.bet.com/news/national/20...-barron-b.html

Newly released audio in the Alexis Crawford case reveals a call Jordyn Jones placed the night her roommate and friend was allegedly sexually assaulted by her boyfriend, Barron Brantley.

Jones didn’t contact the emergency line for help because of the alleged assault.

Instead, Jones, who has been charged with murdering Crawford, called 911 to report that her boyfriend, Brantley, who is also charged in the killing of the Clark Atlanta University student, had stolen her car, Atlanta Black Star reports.

On Oct. 26, days before Crawford was killed on Halloween, she was allegedly raped by Brantley in the off-campus apartment she shared with Jones.

That night, Jones called 911 because Brantley reportedly took her Chevy Cruze after they argued about whether he raped Crawford or not, but she does not mention the alleged assault, Atlanta Black Star reports.

“My ex-boyfriend just stole my car,” Jones told the dispatcher. “He took my keys and [expletive] ran and I’m about to [inaudible].”

During Brantley’s preliminary hearing on Nov. 22 for the death of Crawford, Detective Michael Young said Jones called a friend, Brittany, to share the news of her car being stolen after she placed the 911 call. She also told her about the assault.

“Jordyn actually called her friend Brittany, which is a friend of her sister’s and said, ‘Hey, my car’s stolen and also, I think something happened to my friend,’” Young testified, according to Atlanta Black Star.

Brittany went to Jones and Crawford’s apartment and found the victim crying before she “discloses...that she was assaulted,” Atlanta Black Star reports.

Brittany, a graduate of CAU, was the one who called the police in the early morning hours of Oct. 27 to report the incident, Atlanta Black Star reports.

Crawford filed a sexual assault report and after the rape kit examination, Brantley’s DNA was found.

Shortly after Crawford was reported as missing, Jones tried to cover up the assault by calling Crawford’s family and saying no DNA was found.

“On her own volition the defendant Ms. Jones called family members of Ms. Crawford and told them that there was no DNA found in the rape kit,” the prosecutor said during her preliminary hearing on Thursday (Nov. 21).

No rape charges have been filed in the case.

The alleged rape put a strain on Crawford’s relationship with Jones, who secretly allowed Brantley to stay in the off-campus apartment after the incident without the victim’s knowledge.

When Crawford found out Brantley was still staying in their apartment, she got into a physical altercation with Jones and Brantley got involved.

Jones and Brantley then allegedly killed Crawford. He strangled her and Jones then smothered her face with a black trash bag until she stopped breathing, according to police. The pair then cleaned up the blood in the apartment and dumped Crawford’s body in a nearby park.

Police later found blood throughout the off-campus apartment. A drop of blood was found in Jones’ bathroom sink, while a second search uncovered a sponge with blood and hair in the kitchen sink, according to Detective Young, Atlanta Black Star reports.

They also found blood in “five or six places” in the living room.

Young testified that after Jones led police to the body, they discovered the victim wrapped “in a blue blanket” with her hands bound and the plastic bag used to smother her was still covering her head, Atlanta Black Star reports.

During Brantley’s preliminary hearing on Nov. 22, a judge granted him protective custody while in jail at his attorney’s request, Atlanta Black Star reports.

Both Brantley and Jones are currently being held without bond.

Brantley’s next scheduled court date is January 10, 2020, and Jones is scheduled to appear in court next on Feb. 10, 2020.

Thread Information