Thread: Florida mom ODs on heroin in car with 3 kids on highway

Florida mom ODs on heroin in car with 3 kids on highway

https://nypost.com/2019/11/03/florid...ds-on-highway/

A mother overdosed on heroin while pulled over on a Florida highway with three kids in her minivan - leaving her sobbing 12-year-old daughter to call 911 begging for help, according to authorities.

"My mom won't wake up and we're on I-4 in the car!" the pre-teen told a dispatcher amid the sound of screaming as she tried to make sure the vehicle was parked properly on a grass verge.

"I put it in "N" because I don't know how to put it in "Park," " said the girl, who was with two brothers, aged seven and one, along with two dogs, according to Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

Mom Tiffany Smith, 28, of Deltona, came round in an ambulance after getting a shot of Narcan, the force said as it released bodycam footage of last Thursday's terrifying incident.

"I honestly took heroin because my back was hurting," Smith told an officer while on a stretcher in the back of the ambulance.

"Heroin" Is that something you should be taking for your back?" an incredulous-sounding officer asked.

"It's not", Smith mumbled, adding, "But I had no painkiller and my back was hurting and I was making a five-hour trip."

Smith was charged with child neglect but was not immediately booked into jail as she was treated at a hospital in Orange City, where she was said to be in a stable condition, according to the statement.

The three children were not injured and were placed in the custody of their grandmother, the sheriff's office said. Two dogs in the minivan were turned over to Volusia County Animal Control officers.
    Last edited by up2trouble; 11-03-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Thread Information