Thread: Laura Hurst (36) died of asphyxiation by her pet snake

Laura Hurst (36) died of asphyxiation by her pet snake

An Indiana woman found dead with an 8-foot python snake wrapped around her neck died from asphyxiation, officials said Friday.
    The snake was a reticulated python, which is native to southeast Asia and is considered to be the longest snake in the world.
    The Benton County dispatch in Oxford, Indiana, received a 911 call Wednesday night after Laura Hurst, 36, was found unresponsive.
    Medics arrived and attempted life-saving measures on her but were unsuccessful. Authorities said an autopsy found Hurt died due to strangulation by a snake.

Laura Hurst owned many of the snakes found in the home.
    Indiana State Police say there were 140 snakes at the property, and that approximately 20 of the snakes belonged to Hurst. According to police, Hurst frequented the property "about twice a week."
    Attorney Marcel Katz was representing Hurst in her divorce and said the snakes were a factor in negotiations of dividing property.
    Hurst was a "really nice person" who had a passion for snakes, the attorney said.
    The home is owned by Benton County Sheriff Donald Munson, according to property records. Munson did not return a CNN call for comment Thursday afternoon.

Munson told the Lafayette Journal & Courier that Hurst's death was a "tragic accident" and that he was "being fully cooperative with everybody."

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley told CNN that no one lives in the home and that it had been renovated and set up specifically for the collection of snakes.
    He said that Hurst was "apparently there checking on her snakes. For whatever reason, she apparently got the snake out and she was doing what people do with snakes."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/31/us/sn...rnd/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

He said that Hurst was "apparently there checking on her snakes. For whatever reason, she apparently got the snake out and she was doing what people do with snakes."
    What is that exactly?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    What is that exactly?
    Putting it around her neck to drape over her shoulders ? I hope to heck what he was getting at .

Ooohhh, lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    Putting it around her neck to drape over her shoulders ? I hope to heck what he was getting at .
    I blame Britney.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information